Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tactics? 02:47 - Dec 3 with 2193 viewsTrom

Away form - tricky

We seem to have lifted the home performances but away the stats tell it all.

Issues:

1. Being as expansive as we were against the Foxes would not win games against other teams.

2. Sandro - big miss we seemed a lot harder to pass through as a team with him.

3.Barton - if he's going to play i that role either he needs to be creative (% wise he lacks the quality) or defensive, and his ball retention has not been good. He can play but is under performing right now.

4. We just can't keep playing one up front away from home.. The stats tell us we get pounded and can't hold out for 90 mins. We need an outlet away from home and the current system is just not providing it.

5. We've had easier games at home.

Positives:

1. We can score goals if Charlie has support

2. We've stopped being totally embarrassing (although tonight was a step back).

3. Green is in inspired form

4. We've pretty much played strong teams away so far.

It's hard not to be reactionary when the results are poor. Reality is we were poor coming up. Entertainment has been better at home but it's hard work, especially coming after the last two seasons durge. I don't believe a managerial change will help personally.

Big thing though is that I'm struggling for the last couple of years to justify the season ticket. It's not the money so much as the time. I have a young family so time is at a premium for the first time in my life.

Anyway got home late and now wished I hadn't made the journey. Respect to the ones who do all home and aways. I do a handful of aways each season (normally to grounds I haven't been to) but I need more from the team than that.

Argghh just venting but I wish I still loved the Rs. (Perspective i've had my season ticket for 20 yrs). Still it's still the hoops and we've been better at home by a long way recently - who's next? Burnley…. hey if we sneak a win…… and so the hope and agony continues.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2014 2:50]
Tactics? on 03:15 - Dec 3 with 2177 viewsozexile

Why oh why didn't we put chief on to bony and play Isla right back. Chief was awful.
We just continually give the ball away. If its not us passing it straight to them we just fall over or get the ball tangled between our feet.
Any professional team in England would beat us away from home.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024