Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. 22:05 - Dec 20 with 2519 viewsOsbourne

Sheffield Wednesday, Rotherham and Millwall will be whole new ball games. Throw in an upset at Villa too.

Everything fell for Bournemouth today.

Goal 1, took a serious bobble, few keepers would of stopped it.
Goal 2, gifted, fact.
Goal 3, the space provided was because Bournemouth should of followed etiquette and waited for Pool's centre back, Nyron Nosworthy, to get treatment to what looked like a serious groin strain.
Pool then pulled it back to 1-3. Then an immediate soft penalty, the retake of which Lewis very nearly stopped, 1-4.

Bournemouth are top of the Championship. Have just played Liverpool, bully for them. Their manager is even having a pop at the Bloomfield Road pitch. I hope the hair dryers in the dressing room worked! Everything fell for Bournemouth today.

Sheffield Wednesday, Rotherham and Millwall are a potential 9 points for Pool. An upset at Villa is not impossible either. Pool can learn from today, Bournemouth passed it well, but they were very lucky too.

3 Championship wins by post Millwall will keep Pool hanging on in there, which is all Pool are trying to do now. 21st will do this season.

Pool had a bad day today, that is all. 0-1, 1-6 or 0-10, it's only 3 points. Let's not forget that.
A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 22:10 - Dec 20 with 2507 viewsHarryHorse

That is first time I have ever read someone describe a team as lucky to win 6-1.I'm speechless
A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 22:21 - Dec 20 with 2481 viewsMyMoney_MySayPart2

I'm not saying you're an idiot, but you're a f*cking idiot.
A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 22:25 - Dec 20 with 2477 viewsOsbourne

A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 22:10 - Dec 20 by HarryHorse

That is first time I have ever read someone describe a team as lucky to win 6-1.I'm speechless

Harry,

I'm watching the play back on 'The football League Show' tonight.

I was in the West Stand today. The post was how I saw it. Bournemouth were 'pretty,' but very lucky. They got their 3 points, good luck to them. It's 9 points from the next 3 Championship matches that Pool are now after. Pool are chasing place 21, not place 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6!
A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 22:34 - Dec 20 with 2460 viewsOsbourne

A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 22:21 - Dec 20 by MyMoney_MySayPart2

MyMoney MySayPart2,

Sorry I did not clap Bournemouth off the pitch telling them how great they were.

It is Championship survival Pool are after.

I was in the West Stand, it was how I saw it. Pity other Pool fans could not see it the same way.

A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 22:38 - Dec 20 with 2452 viewstangersteve

A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 22:34 - Dec 20 by Osbourne

MyMoney MySayPart2,

Sorry I did not clap Bournemouth off the pitch telling them how great they were.

It is Championship survival Pool are after.

I was in the West Stand, it was how I saw it. Pity other Pool fans could not see it the same way.

Nope there was no bad luck today apart from the penalty. They pressurised us with an attacking attitude and clinical passing.
But I agree the next 3 games could be really good for us. Bournemouth are a class act in this division and we won't be the only ones they destroy
A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 22:53 - Dec 20 with 2417 viewsstu

A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 22:21 - Dec 20 by MyMoney_MySayPart2

What because his opinion is different to yourself. That's out of order

Tangerine is the new black

A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 23:10 - Dec 20 with 2381 viewsfleetwoodbry

A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 22:53 - Dec 20 by stu

What because his opinion is different to yourself. That's out of order

According to someone on the other site it's all the fault of this site and Oyston spin, you couldn't make it up!!!
A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 23:37 - Dec 20 with 2349 viewsscratchingshed

A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 23:10 - Dec 20 by fleetwoodbry

According to someone on the other site it's all the fault of this site and Oyston spin, you couldn't make it up!!!

A 1-6 mauling and someone is saying Bournemouth were lucky.

You couldn't make it up.
Login to get fewer ads

A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 00:36 - Dec 21 with 2273 viewsOsbourne

A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 23:37 - Dec 20 by scratchingshed

A 1-6 mauling and someone is saying Bournemouth were lucky.

You couldn't make it up.

scratchingshed,

You sound like a South Stander to me.

Did you come around to the West Stand at the end of the game to applaud Brazil, I mean Bournemouth off the park?

Division 2!? Pool lost to a 'pretty Bournemouth' today. Bournemouth's 'pretty manager' looked smug at his press interview where he criticised the Bloomfield Road pitch. Bournemouth are not in the Premiership yet, neither are Pool in Division 1 yet.

Pool are after Championship place 21 2014/15. You might not want them to claim it, unfortunately for you, there is still a lot of football to be played. It is a 46 match season.

You see what you want to see, probably from the South Stand. I will see what I want to see, I'm in the West Stand.

9 points v Sheffield Wednesday, Rotherham and Millwall should cheer you up!
Let's give Ollie a hero's welcome
Whilst telling Lee Clark, Pool are down, down, down.
A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 08:30 - Dec 21 with 2167 viewsCurryman

A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 00:36 - Dec 21 by Osbourne

scratchingshed,

You sound like a South Stander to me.

Did you come around to the West Stand at the end of the game to applaud Brazil, I mean Bournemouth off the park?

Division 2!? Pool lost to a 'pretty Bournemouth' today. Bournemouth's 'pretty manager' looked smug at his press interview where he criticised the Bloomfield Road pitch. Bournemouth are not in the Premiership yet, neither are Pool in Division 1 yet.

Pool are after Championship place 21 2014/15. You might not want them to claim it, unfortunately for you, there is still a lot of football to be played. It is a 46 match season.

You see what you want to see, probably from the South Stand. I will see what I want to see, I'm in the West Stand.

9 points v Sheffield Wednesday, Rotherham and Millwall should cheer you up!
Let's give Ollie a hero's welcome
Whilst telling Lee Clark, Pool are down, down, down.

'Sheffield Wednesday, Rotherham and Millwall are a potential 9 points for Pool.'

So far this season we have had a potential 66 points and managed 13.

Tell me what you're drinking Osbourne and I'll buy some for Christmas, I could do with some happy juice to cheer me up after that result.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 08:56 - Dec 21 with 2146 viewsSince1967

tosh
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 9:26]
A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 09:18 - Dec 21 with 2129 viewschesterbfc

A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 08:56 - Dec 21 by Since1967

tosh
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 9:26]

Luck?, I also was in the west,also till the bitter end. Joe Lewis was a liability,for the Ist 15 mins we held them,but that goal changed everything. They got confidence, Lewis was shockin,From min 1 Eagles The ex Bolton player looked like he was playin for them,O,Keefe????. The team selection was a disaster. No Murphy?.. I speak as a man who cant remember seeing in person a 6 one at home. Clark must change the goalkeeper for nxt game and take on board what he saw
A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 09:33 - Dec 21 with 2108 viewsOsbourne

A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 09:18 - Dec 21 by chesterbfc

Luck?, I also was in the west,also till the bitter end. Joe Lewis was a liability,for the Ist 15 mins we held them,but that goal changed everything. They got confidence, Lewis was shockin,From min 1 Eagles The ex Bolton player looked like he was playin for them,O,Keefe????. The team selection was a disaster. No Murphy?.. I speak as a man who cant remember seeing in person a 6 one at home. Clark must change the goalkeeper for nxt game and take on board what he saw

Read between the lines, chesterbfc,

Murphy did not start because he was injured. Could you not see, from your position in the West Stand, that he was moving poorly? When he came on for the 2nd half his poor mobility was obvious. Murphy was carrying an injury. Unfortunately, footballers get injured.

As for Lewis, the first goal took a wicked bobble. The pitch was rough and very, very wet yesterday. The stupid mistake was playing a match v Fleetwood on it mid - week. Lewis did little wrong yesterday, he was disappointed that the first goal went in, goal keepers need confidence. The Bloomfield Road crowd give the players no confidence. As for applauding the opposition off - noble, but ridiculous beyond belief. Were you one of the West Stand applauders!

Pool are after position 21 in the Championship 2014/15, Pool lost 1-6 yesterday, big deal. Another day, another match. Let's all support Bournemouth.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 9:34]
A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 09:54 - Dec 21 with 2061 viewsOsbourne

A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 08:30 - Dec 21 by Curryman

'Sheffield Wednesday, Rotherham and Millwall are a potential 9 points for Pool.'

So far this season we have had a potential 66 points and managed 13.

Tell me what you're drinking Osbourne and I'll buy some for Christmas, I could do with some happy juice to cheer me up after that result.

Curryman,

You don't seem to get it.
2014/15, Pool are after position 21 in the Championship.

There are a lot of problems at Bloomfield Road. However :
Pool are not in Division 1 yet. Yesterday was 3 points lost. Next 3 games could be 9 points gained.

You see what you want to see, i'll see what I want to see. Not surprised to hear that you are super glued in to your seat in the South Stand. Maybe you should switch to the West Stand, then you could make your own observations as opposed to following the lemmings around you.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 9:55]
A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 10:44 - Dec 21 with 1967 viewsHarryHorse

A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 09:54 - Dec 21 by Osbourne

Curryman,

You don't seem to get it.
2014/15, Pool are after position 21 in the Championship.

There are a lot of problems at Bloomfield Road. However :
Pool are not in Division 1 yet. Yesterday was 3 points lost. Next 3 games could be 9 points gained.

You see what you want to see, i'll see what I want to see. Not surprised to hear that you are super glued in to your seat in the South Stand. Maybe you should switch to the West Stand, then you could make your own observations as opposed to following the lemmings around you.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 9:55]

Osbourne ,

Everyone "gets" we are after 21st . You insult every poster by suggesting otherwise as you also do by inferring that posters are pleased we lost and by ridiculing those who were prepared to applaud a palpably better side . You then compound the issue by suggesting Bournemouth were lucky and then label supporters who don't share your blindly optimistic point of view as lemmings.Curryman for instance has been posting on both boards for as long as I can remember and one thing he isn't is a lemming . He also writes some thought provoking blogs that you might like to consider .

As it goes it is not suprising we lost at home to the league leaders who are in a terrific run of form and in theory there is obviously more chance of picking up points in the next 3 games .

Something else to consider . If by some miracle we did manage to achieve 21st place this season what would you hope for next season ?
A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 11:03 - Dec 21 with 1938 viewsTejas

In form teams often give the impression of being lucky. To be fair the only "luck" Bournemouth had yesterday was meeting a team like us to get them to the top of the division. We were clueless in almost every aspect yesterday. Not only did we lack confidence, we lacked quality, pace and any form of game plan. No excuses, we were dreadful.
A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 11:21 - Dec 21 with 1905 viewschesterbfc

A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 09:33 - Dec 21 by Osbourne

Read between the lines, chesterbfc,

Murphy did not start because he was injured. Could you not see, from your position in the West Stand, that he was moving poorly? When he came on for the 2nd half his poor mobility was obvious. Murphy was carrying an injury. Unfortunately, footballers get injured.

As for Lewis, the first goal took a wicked bobble. The pitch was rough and very, very wet yesterday. The stupid mistake was playing a match v Fleetwood on it mid - week. Lewis did little wrong yesterday, he was disappointed that the first goal went in, goal keepers need confidence. The Bloomfield Road crowd give the players no confidence. As for applauding the opposition off - noble, but ridiculous beyond belief. Were you one of the West Stand applauders!

Pool are after position 21 in the Championship 2014/15, Pool lost 1-6 yesterday, big deal. Another day, another match. Let's all support Bournemouth.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 9:34]

In reply to O ,To refresh my memories sad as they were I,ve just watched F/League, Ball bobble?? he missed it, the wonder goal was poor positioning pure and simple, and the ball did go through his legs. Lewis had a mare!!!! Specsavers for u lol
A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 12:44 - Dec 21 with 1812 viewsscratchingshed

A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 11:21 - Dec 21 by chesterbfc

In reply to O ,To refresh my memories sad as they were I,ve just watched F/League, Ball bobble?? he missed it, the wonder goal was poor positioning pure and simple, and the ball did go through his legs. Lewis had a mare!!!! Specsavers for u lol

Osbourne, yes I do sit in the south and that's the only thing you have ever said on here that is correct.

Did I applaud Brazil off the pitch? No I left when the 5th goal went in, utter embarrassing to watch.

Sorry but you are deluded if you think Clark can turn this mess around, were down just accept it nothing more than we deserve.
A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 12:54 - Dec 21 with 1801 viewsfamousgrouse

A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 11:21 - Dec 21 by chesterbfc

I am disappointed at the criticism of Lewis, he let in 6 but in the past few months he has kept us in games and salvaged points for us! I too have watched the FL league show and like Chester spotted a couple of mistakes, however, you have to question the outfield players in allowing Bournemouth the opportunity for attempts on goal. The team selection was wrong from the start 4-5-1 at home should not be contemplated no matter who the opponents are, we need a win, not hope for a draw.
A midfield which includes McMahon and Perkins is going to be suspect with little ball retention and positive distribution. The penalty was soft and came just after we had scored, a time when most pundits will claim you are most vulnerable. At the end of the day it comes down to basics - we are lacking in skills, quality, and cohesion.
A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 14:59 - Dec 21 with 1710 viewsTang67

A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 12:54 - Dec 21 by famousgrouse

I am disappointed at the criticism of Lewis, he let in 6 but in the past few months he has kept us in games and salvaged points for us! I too have watched the FL league show and like Chester spotted a couple of mistakes, however, you have to question the outfield players in allowing Bournemouth the opportunity for attempts on goal. The team selection was wrong from the start 4-5-1 at home should not be contemplated no matter who the opponents are, we need a win, not hope for a draw.
A midfield which includes McMahon and Perkins is going to be suspect with little ball retention and positive distribution. The penalty was soft and came just after we had scored, a time when most pundits will claim you are most vulnerable. At the end of the day it comes down to basics - we are lacking in skills, quality, and cohesion.

Bournmouth are top of the league and we are bottom - two similar sized clubs - ours having much more resources and we get monstored at home
Signs of the times
Good post grouse

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 21:58 - Dec 21 with 1561 viewsOsbourne

A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 10:44 - Dec 21 by HarryHorse

Osbourne ,

Everyone "gets" we are after 21st . You insult every poster by suggesting otherwise as you also do by inferring that posters are pleased we lost and by ridiculing those who were prepared to applaud a palpably better side . You then compound the issue by suggesting Bournemouth were lucky and then label supporters who don't share your blindly optimistic point of view as lemmings.Curryman for instance has been posting on both boards for as long as I can remember and one thing he isn't is a lemming . He also writes some thought provoking blogs that you might like to consider .

As it goes it is not suprising we lost at home to the league leaders who are in a terrific run of form and in theory there is obviously more chance of picking up points in the next 3 games .

Something else to consider . If by some miracle we did manage to achieve 21st place this season what would you hope for next season ?

HarryHorse,

Thanks for your post.
1. I would suggest to you that Curryman can take any posts that I have made, also that he can look after himself.
2. If Pool finish 21st or better this season, what would I hope for next season?

Well, I was at Wigan in April or was it May 2014 when Pool won 0-2. I was also at Bloomfield Road a few days later to see Jose Riga bring his Charlton side and beat Pool 0-3. Now that was a hopeless display. Without the win at Wigan, which I for one was not expecting, Pool were down. If I remember our leader paid for my, and many Pool fans travel and tickets that day.

I hoped then that our leader would learn from his mistakes and re-group in the summer. If Pool are lucky enough to stay up 2014-15, I would hope for the same again. That our leader learns from his mistakes, of which there are quite a few. Fat Chance, or as others might say, Pigs might Fly!

I would also hope that the burger van outside Bloomfield Road stays. I enjoy my football, I also enjoy my Burger, chips and coffee pre match!

3. Sorry if I have insulted every poster. At least I post and share debate and information.
4. I still think that Bournemouth had all the luck going yesterday!
5. I am not sorry that I did not join the West Stand in applauding Brazil, I mean Bournemouth off the pitch.
6. Infact, I am only sorry that I could not get close enough to the Bournemouth manager, whatever his name was, to inform him that I didn't think that there were hair dryers in the away dressing room at Bloomfield Road and that I was worried as to how he was going to set his hair!
7. I also am glad that he didn't like our 'rough pitch.' O, and I do hope that all his players didn't get any nasty kicks on their precious little legs.

I saw yesterday's match how I saw it. If you saw it differently, so be it.

Late extra. I think that we can turn Villa over at Villa Park and go all the way in the FA Cup. If Pool have to bring them back to Bloomfield Road, well, it means the burger van will be there on a Tuesday night! Pool are still in the FA Cup 2014/15. Pool are still in the Championship 2014/15. Subjectively, it is just how I see it.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2014 0:02]
Hair piece? on 21:59 - Dec 21 with 1561 viewsOsbourne

A bad result - But a lot of luck for Bournemouth. on 10:44 - Dec 21 by HarryHorse

Osbourne ,

Of course, the Bournemouth manager could of had a 'Hair piece' on?
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 22:03]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024