Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition 09:25 - Dec 24 with 14101 viewsBFCSupportersTrust

Club President Valeri Belokon has called upon all Blackpool fans to support a petition for Club Chairman Karl Oyston to step down from his position with immediate effect.

Blackpool Supporters Trust would ask that our members , Blackpool fans and indeed all in the football community support Mr Belokons request and sign the attached petition that requests that Mr Karl Oyston step down from any position of influence in Blackpool FC immediately. This petition will be submitted to the FA and Football League as well as to Blackpool Football Club owner Mr Owen Oyston.

As many fans will be aware, Karl Oyston has recently been in the national and local media, having engaged in a series of abusive text exchanges with Blackpool supporters, which has further sullied the good name of Blackpool FC through association.

The attitude displayed by Mr Oyston, not only in regard to the unacceptable references to disabilities and ' special needs ' but in his general attitude towards hard working Blackpool fans in general makes him in our view unsuitable to hold a position of influence within our famous community football club.

For some time the relationship between Club and its fans has been strained and it is our firm belief that many of these issues are a direct result of Karl Oyston and his confrontational approach to the fan base. This latest outburst from Mr Oyston is simply a very public demonstration of an attitude that as has no place on football and decent society and which in addition has had a negative impact on relations between Karl Oyston and numerous managers , board members , members of the Press , players , fans and of course, Mr Belokon himself. When one individual manages to sour relations with so many other people, then the source of the problem becomes patently obvious. Karl Oyston seems incapable of managing everyday relationships without conflict and that cannot be good for Blackpool Football Club.

The time has come for Blackpool Football Club to move on into a new era of cooperation between Club and its fans and the wider community and for us to build upon the success that Valeri Belokon's substantial investment had brought about. Blackpool Supporters Trust call upon Mr Owen Oyston to remove Karl Oyston from any position of influence with immediate effect and re-establish a working relationship with Valeri Belokon, with a view to making positive progress, placing football first, investing properly for the success of the team and to start treating the fans and community of Blackpool with the respect that they deserve from the ambassador of our historic club.

Please sign the online petition detailing your full name & email address, together with any comments that you feel are relevant.

https://www.change.org/p/karl-oyston-resign-as-chairman-of-blackpool-football-cl
Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 17:41 - Jan 3 with 1852 viewsRusty2Stands

Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 17:29 - Jan 3 by terminallytangerine

I think I would be more inclined to have a conversation with you Phil if you didn’t shout all the time and press for the peanut every time I post (or was it because you don’t wish BST success in their approach?).

Reading between the lines it would appear that you aren’t that keen on BSA’s approach over the years, or BSA for that matter. Unfortunately you don’t seem to believe that other people should be allowed to have a different opinion.

When this is coupled with the active use of intimidation of other supporters, by, for example, chanting that they are Oyston rentboys because they — men, women and children — have just turned up to watch a football match, irrespective of their allegiance to any supporters' organization then I think the term fascist is a pretty apt description.

And if I didn’t have the courage of my convictions I would happily sit back and blame all that on the Oystons, along with global warming and the hole in the ozone layer. The owners certainly have a lot to answer for in the way they have managed the club since the premiership, but the ‘fans’ who turn on supporters - and those who are unwilling to point out the undemocratic nature of their actions -aren't blameless either.

I’m sure BSA will be able to make its own mind up about the best course of action without attempts at intimidation from anyone outside the organization, thanks. My own view is that changing the nature of the organization would be to deny supporters the choice which already exists, and that an organisation committed to dialogue and to staying with the football club through thick and thin, whoever the owners and whatever the fate of our football club, is an option many will want to choose. If that lacks credibility in your view then so be it.

Given the courage of my convictions and my belief that BSA is not a sop and never has been, I’m sure you won’t be surprised that I don’t usually respond to your rants. Try turning down the volume if you want to discuss an issue.

You could learn a lot from Rusty who seems much more reasonable who only seems to aiming his hatred at the Oystons — though he does try to put words in my mouth.
“Cue TT with some lame post saying my post is an example of why KO hates the fans.” Eh?
I'm quite capable of composing my own lame posts without your help Mr Stands.

I was merely asking the question about the effectiveness of the campaign of vilification vis a vis a campaign aimed at engaging the owners in dialogue? Had this been the approach adopted a year ago might we have seen more progress?

Of course we would all like the Narnia solution of Aslan romping over the Russian steppes to rescue us, but in the meantime is the cauldron of hatred where some ‘supporters’ attempt to intimidate women, children and non-politicos, and where 14 (?) year olds are encouraged to chant for the death of an 82 year old, either effective or a price worth paying? Or is that also something which is destroying our club?

Some would say it is.

Arguably dialogue is more difficult in a context of mutual hatred, but history teaches us that it is the only way to challenge entrenched attitudes and resolve conflict, which I believe most Blackpool supporters want. Only then can we begin rebuilding the club, either with the current owners or with new investors.

Organisations committed to dialogue are therefore worth supporting IMHO.

Mr Stands. I like that TT
Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 17:45 - Jan 3 with 1856 viewsSadallover

I think I would be more inclined to have a conversation with you Phil if you didn’t shout all the time and press for the peanut every time I post (or was it because you don’t wish BST success in their approach?).

Reading between the lines it would appear that you aren’t that keen on BSA’s approach over the years, or BSA for that matter. Unfortunately you don’t seem to believe that other people should be allowed to have a different opinion.

When this is coupled with the active use of intimidation of other supporters, by, for example, chanting that they are Oyston rentboys because they — men, women and children — have just turned up to watch a football match, irrespective of their allegiance to any supporters' organization then I think the term fascist is a pretty apt description.

And if I didn’t have the courage of my convictions I would happily sit back and blame all that on the Oystons, along with global warming and the hole in the ozone layer. The owners certainly have a lot to answer for in the way they have managed the club since the premiership, but the ‘fans’ who turn on supporters - and those who are unwilling to point out the undemocratic nature of their actions -aren't blameless either.

I’m sure BSA will be able to make its own mind up about the best course of action without attempts at intimidation from anyone outside the organization, thanks. My own view is that changing the nature of the organization would be to deny supporters the choice which already exists, and that an organisation committed to dialogue and to staying with the football club through thick and thin, whoever the owners and whatever the fate of our football club, is an option many will want to choose. If that lacks credibility in your view then so be it.

Given the courage of my convictions and my belief that BSA is not a sop and never has been, I’m sure you won’t be surprised that I don’t usually respond to your rants. Try turning down the volume if you want to discuss an issue.

You could learn a lot from Rusty who seems much more reasonable who only seems to aiming his hatred at the Oystons — though he does try to put words in my mouth.
“Cue TT with some lame post saying my post is an example of why KO hates the fans.” Eh?

I was merely asking the question about the effectiveness of the campaign of vilification vis a vis a campaign aimed at engaging the owners in dialogue? Had this been the approach adopted a year ago might we have seen more progress?

Of course we would all like the Narnia solution of Aslan romping over the Russian steppes to rescue us, but in the meantime is the cauldron of hatred where some ‘supporters’ attempt to intimidate women, children and non-politicos, and where 14 (?) year olds are encouraged to chant for the death of an 82 year old, either effective or a price worth paying? Or is that also something which is destroying our club?

Some would say it is.

Arguably dialogue is more difficult in a context of mutual hatred, but history teaches us that it is the only way to challenge entrenched attitudes and resolve conflict, which I believe most Blackpool supporters want. Only then can we begin rebuilding the club, either with the current owners or with new investors.

Can we elevate this whole Post to 'different class status' - well balanced, passionate and well thought out debate - although personally I still hope KO's gun backfires when he's shooting pigeons
Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 18:14 - Jan 3 with 1845 viewsphil007tangerine

Some would say it is.

Usual bizarre and superior attitude response from TT.

Just to correct your ignorance -the Steppes are east of Latvia; the blame lies squarely with the undemocratic Committee, not all members (nor have I participated in anti-bSA chants as you alluded). Writing a post which includes one highlight is not shouting either.

Neither do you have the courage of your convictions -

"I’m sure BSA will be able to make its own mind up about the best course of action without attempts at intimidation from anyone outside the organization, thanks. My own view is that changing the nature of the organization would be to deny supporters the choice which already exists, and that an organisation committed to dialogue and to staying with the football club through thick and thin, whoever the owners and whatever the fate of our football club, is an option many will want to choose."

Really? Strange then that you continually don't allow your own members to vote on the issue then isn't it? You also assume independence means no dialogue -that would be up to the owners.

As for BST Karl made it abundantly clear from the outset that he would not engage with them or their predecessor SISA, a fact known to all which you plainly ignore.

So no TT , you don't have the courage of your convictions, just a smarmy 'I know best' attitude.

A open vote was tabled at the last AGM, but that motion wasn't passed on to members before the AGM, nor have you even emailed your members for an opinion -it was simply squashed by the Committee.

Someone with the courage of their convictions wouldn't be afraid of an open vote for all members -but you clearly are.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2015 18:15]
Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 19:39 - Jan 3 with 1824 viewsterminallytangerine

Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 18:14 - Jan 3 by phil007tangerine

Usual bizarre and superior attitude response from TT.

Just to correct your ignorance -the Steppes are east of Latvia; the blame lies squarely with the undemocratic Committee, not all members (nor have I participated in anti-bSA chants as you alluded). Writing a post which includes one highlight is not shouting either.

Neither do you have the courage of your convictions -

"I’m sure BSA will be able to make its own mind up about the best course of action without attempts at intimidation from anyone outside the organization, thanks. My own view is that changing the nature of the organization would be to deny supporters the choice which already exists, and that an organisation committed to dialogue and to staying with the football club through thick and thin, whoever the owners and whatever the fate of our football club, is an option many will want to choose."

Really? Strange then that you continually don't allow your own members to vote on the issue then isn't it? You also assume independence means no dialogue -that would be up to the owners.

As for BST Karl made it abundantly clear from the outset that he would not engage with them or their predecessor SISA, a fact known to all which you plainly ignore.

So no TT , you don't have the courage of your convictions, just a smarmy 'I know best' attitude.

A open vote was tabled at the last AGM, but that motion wasn't passed on to members before the AGM, nor have you even emailed your members for an opinion -it was simply squashed by the Committee.

Someone with the courage of their convictions wouldn't be afraid of an open vote for all members -but you clearly are.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2015 18:15]

Happy to engage in dialogue about this and any other issue but not a lot of point when you adopt that sneering approach Phil.

For the record I don’t think I’m superior to any other Blackpool supporter just suffering the same and trying to find a solution. My conviction is that BSA can be part of that solution and that the Aims and Objectives that people have signed up for are still valid. It is however more than a political organisation and has a duty to work for its members interests.That means not making rash decisions for the short term gratification of non-members, easier though that option might be.

‘It was simply squashed by the Committee’ is factually inaccurate.

So I stand by what I have said.
Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 22:28 - Jan 3 with 1803 viewsphil007tangerine

Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 19:39 - Jan 3 by terminallytangerine

Happy to engage in dialogue about this and any other issue but not a lot of point when you adopt that sneering approach Phil.

For the record I don’t think I’m superior to any other Blackpool supporter just suffering the same and trying to find a solution. My conviction is that BSA can be part of that solution and that the Aims and Objectives that people have signed up for are still valid. It is however more than a political organisation and has a duty to work for its members interests.That means not making rash decisions for the short term gratification of non-members, easier though that option might be.

‘It was simply squashed by the Committee’ is factually inaccurate.

So I stand by what I have said.

Duck and dive as much as you want TT I've asked you plainly plenty of times and each time you swerve the question or give a 'I know best' reply.

Basically you have no answer to the charge.

One of your own members brought it up at the AGM -fact. The motion was not released to other members prior to the AGM -fact. It has also been brought up previously by other members -fact. There were less than 10 BSA members there that weren't committee members -fact.

But it all comes back to you doesn't it , 'my conviction' , like an ideologue, forget about letting people vote on it.

Bringing up the 'Aims and objectives' is farcical, you ignore them when it suits, like not talking to other supporters groups (like SISA )even though that was in your aims and objectives. You also recently amended the constitution without an open vote (3 yrs before you could join the committee).

'..that people have signed up for' -oh please. How do you know what they signed up for? Maybe they decided to join to change the organisation -clearly you don't even see that as an option, certainly you adamantly refuse you offer it.

You see change as a 'rash decision' , despite years of evidence that to the contrary, that being tied only helps the owners do whatever they like and deflect criticism. There would be nothing stopping the club owners from talking to Independent supporters groups, only this time the playing field would be more level.

So you stand for nothing TT except what you want -regardless of anyone else.

If you think you are right and have a convincing argument - put that to your members and let them vote.

But you won't because as I've said from the very start you don't have the courage of your convictions.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2015 22:34]
Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 09:51 - Jan 4 with 1803 views1953Original

Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 22:28 - Jan 3 by phil007tangerine

Duck and dive as much as you want TT I've asked you plainly plenty of times and each time you swerve the question or give a 'I know best' reply.

Basically you have no answer to the charge.

One of your own members brought it up at the AGM -fact. The motion was not released to other members prior to the AGM -fact. It has also been brought up previously by other members -fact. There were less than 10 BSA members there that weren't committee members -fact.

But it all comes back to you doesn't it , 'my conviction' , like an ideologue, forget about letting people vote on it.

Bringing up the 'Aims and objectives' is farcical, you ignore them when it suits, like not talking to other supporters groups (like SISA )even though that was in your aims and objectives. You also recently amended the constitution without an open vote (3 yrs before you could join the committee).

'..that people have signed up for' -oh please. How do you know what they signed up for? Maybe they decided to join to change the organisation -clearly you don't even see that as an option, certainly you adamantly refuse you offer it.

You see change as a 'rash decision' , despite years of evidence that to the contrary, that being tied only helps the owners do whatever they like and deflect criticism. There would be nothing stopping the club owners from talking to Independent supporters groups, only this time the playing field would be more level.

So you stand for nothing TT except what you want -regardless of anyone else.

If you think you are right and have a convincing argument - put that to your members and let them vote.

But you won't because as I've said from the very start you don't have the courage of your convictions.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2015 22:34]

If BSA want any credibility going forward then for a start they have to distance themselves and cut all ties with Karl, if not the club. There's not many more ways that fans can discredit his appalling running of this club but to lose the support of a Supporters Association would be it. Whenever he's talked in the past about decision making etc he has quite often said that BSA are his 'go to' opinion and to lose them would leave him totally isolated.

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 10:40 - Jan 4 with 1765 viewsphil007tangerine

Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 09:51 - Jan 4 by 1953Original

If BSA want any credibility going forward then for a start they have to distance themselves and cut all ties with Karl, if not the club. There's not many more ways that fans can discredit his appalling running of this club but to lose the support of a Supporters Association would be it. Whenever he's talked in the past about decision making etc he has quite often said that BSA are his 'go to' opinion and to lose them would leave him totally isolated.

Exactly 1953, over 6,000 fans want Karl to go, the BSA Committee just seem keen to prop him up regardless of the wishes of the fans or even their own membership.
Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 12:38 - Jan 4 with 1740 views20togo

Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 10:40 - Jan 4 by phil007tangerine

Exactly 1953, over 6,000 fans want Karl to go, the BSA Committee just seem keen to prop him up regardless of the wishes of the fans or even their own membership.

staggering to think that only one fan who was so adamant that BSA should become independent could be bothered to turn up to the AGM. Staggering to think that alll those members who want BSA to become independent haven't emailed or raised their concerns with the committee - apart from one.

Fact is Phil, you put out a begging letter on the other AVFTT asking BSA members to air their views and back you in your opininion at the AGM. Only one did, Phil, only one did.

They didn't Phil. I'll say it again. THEY DIDN'T.

I think that is a pretty clear message. You might not like it, you might not agree with it but that's the fact of the matter. You have no evidence whatsoever to back up your claim that a majority of BSA members want BSA to become independent.

In fact I doubt whether they care about the politics of it all anyway. I've told you enough times already. Focus on something you can do something about. Not on something you can't. BSA themselves will decide their own future.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2015 12:49]
Login to get fewer ads

Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 13:58 - Jan 4 with 1727 viewsphil007tangerine

Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 12:38 - Jan 4 by 20togo

staggering to think that only one fan who was so adamant that BSA should become independent could be bothered to turn up to the AGM. Staggering to think that alll those members who want BSA to become independent haven't emailed or raised their concerns with the committee - apart from one.

Fact is Phil, you put out a begging letter on the other AVFTT asking BSA members to air their views and back you in your opininion at the AGM. Only one did, Phil, only one did.

They didn't Phil. I'll say it again. THEY DIDN'T.

I think that is a pretty clear message. You might not like it, you might not agree with it but that's the fact of the matter. You have no evidence whatsoever to back up your claim that a majority of BSA members want BSA to become independent.

In fact I doubt whether they care about the politics of it all anyway. I've told you enough times already. Focus on something you can do something about. Not on something you can't. BSA themselves will decide their own future.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2015 12:49]

Multi-tasking today are we 20's? Begging letter??

Only EIGHT BSA non-committee members turned up 20's. Eight, that tells its own story.
With the club in crisis what other 'official' supporters club would display such lack of support and passion.

Other members weren't made aware such a motion would be tabled, nor have they been consulted since. Looks like most have given up the ghost on BSA.

Nevertheless BSA continue to provide a useful tool for the owners to hide behind and deflect criticism, something the Committee seem very happy to go along with (even in the light of events over the last few years at BFC, both on and off the field and 6,000 fans calling for him to resign).

A blatant falsehood to say other BSA members haven't raised it - do you forget what other committee members have said or posted? Strange that you admit you 'don't know how BSA works', 'their membership numbers' or even their constitution, yet you claim to know what they have received in their email accounts and the wishes of every BSA member.

.'BSA will decide their own future' by that you mean of course solely the Committee.

I have never claimed to know what the outcome of any vote would be. What I have said is that anyone, including myself , who was a democrat would accept it.

Unfortunately the BSA have no interest in polling their membership to see what they think.
Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 14:17 - Jan 4 with 1715 views20togo

Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 13:58 - Jan 4 by phil007tangerine

Multi-tasking today are we 20's? Begging letter??

Only EIGHT BSA non-committee members turned up 20's. Eight, that tells its own story.
With the club in crisis what other 'official' supporters club would display such lack of support and passion.

Other members weren't made aware such a motion would be tabled, nor have they been consulted since. Looks like most have given up the ghost on BSA.

Nevertheless BSA continue to provide a useful tool for the owners to hide behind and deflect criticism, something the Committee seem very happy to go along with (even in the light of events over the last few years at BFC, both on and off the field and 6,000 fans calling for him to resign).

A blatant falsehood to say other BSA members haven't raised it - do you forget what other committee members have said or posted? Strange that you admit you 'don't know how BSA works', 'their membership numbers' or even their constitution, yet you claim to know what they have received in their email accounts and the wishes of every BSA member.

.'BSA will decide their own future' by that you mean of course solely the Committee.

I have never claimed to know what the outcome of any vote would be. What I have said is that anyone, including myself , who was a democrat would accept it.

Unfortunately the BSA have no interest in polling their membership to see what they think.

You hang yourself by your own words.

"Only EIGHT BSA non-committee members turned up 20's. Eight, that tells its own story. "

Of which only one wanted BSA to become independent. Them's the facts Phil. No-one else, including all those members you believe want BSA to be independent could be bothered.

Yep, begging letter. You wrote an open post prior to the BSA AGM asking the members to voice their concerns - or something along those lines - you know the point I'm making. No-one did Phil. Just because you yhink you've got the support on the other AVFTT doesn't mean that in the real world you have.

Facts are and always have been that even though the opportunities are readily available the BSA membership do not seem to be interested in becoming independent. Because the fact is, only Shed has raised any sort of concern. That's something you have to accept.

Oh, and as I've told you before and as TT does as well, it wasn't the committee who squashed - or whatever term you used - the question of having a vote. The other members at the meeting told Shed what their views were. Why do you not want to accept that?

Yep, those other members who could be bothered to attend? Where were all the dissenters Phil? I think any AGM always has an "any other business" doesn't it? They didn't show up Phil. Accept it!
Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 14:40 - Jan 4 with 1707 viewsphil007tangerine

Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 14:17 - Jan 4 by 20togo

You hang yourself by your own words.

"Only EIGHT BSA non-committee members turned up 20's. Eight, that tells its own story. "

Of which only one wanted BSA to become independent. Them's the facts Phil. No-one else, including all those members you believe want BSA to be independent could be bothered.

Yep, begging letter. You wrote an open post prior to the BSA AGM asking the members to voice their concerns - or something along those lines - you know the point I'm making. No-one did Phil. Just because you yhink you've got the support on the other AVFTT doesn't mean that in the real world you have.

Facts are and always have been that even though the opportunities are readily available the BSA membership do not seem to be interested in becoming independent. Because the fact is, only Shed has raised any sort of concern. That's something you have to accept.

Oh, and as I've told you before and as TT does as well, it wasn't the committee who squashed - or whatever term you used - the question of having a vote. The other members at the meeting told Shed what their views were. Why do you not want to accept that?

Yep, those other members who could be bothered to attend? Where were all the dissenters Phil? I think any AGM always has an "any other business" doesn't it? They didn't show up Phil. Accept it!

Another ridiculous post 20's saying 7 members vetoed a vote - in your undemocratic mind they represent the entire membership! They could have been the spouses of the Committee for all you know.

'Where were all the dissenters?', -where were all the supporters 20's???? Many seem to have given up on BSA altogether -who can blame them? Nearly impossible to affect change.

It is you who has hung himself -virtually no support at an AGM at this time in BFC's history, says it all.

How do you know anyone is interested in anything unless you ask? Basic common sense.

The BSA Committee are too terrified/self-interested to ask - simple as that.

No courage of their own convictions just like you 20's.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2015 14:43]
Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 15:23 - Jan 4 with 1698 views20togo

Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 14:40 - Jan 4 by phil007tangerine

Another ridiculous post 20's saying 7 members vetoed a vote - in your undemocratic mind they represent the entire membership! They could have been the spouses of the Committee for all you know.

'Where were all the dissenters?', -where were all the supporters 20's???? Many seem to have given up on BSA altogether -who can blame them? Nearly impossible to affect change.

It is you who has hung himself -virtually no support at an AGM at this time in BFC's history, says it all.

How do you know anyone is interested in anything unless you ask? Basic common sense.

The BSA Committee are too terrified/self-interested to ask - simple as that.

No courage of their own convictions just like you 20's.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2015 14:43]

Let's correct afew inaccurcies. Never said anything about veto or vote did I?! Isimply stated that the overwhelming majority of non committee members in attendance stated, when discussed, that the wished to remain affiliated to the club.

Surely if you want change, you'd expect the dissenters to turn up, not the supporters. You really are clutching at straws with your spouses remark.

I agree though that we are at a critical time in our history. And yet although dissenting BSA members that you claim there are, they can't be bothered to turn up at the AGM. I've alrady made the point enough times if a fan is unhappy with BSA not being independent then why would they even join them? Have you ever answered that?

And as TAM states, why is the BST membership percentage so low compared to the number of fans we have? Fact is, you're in your bubble on the other AVFTT where the majority have the same opinion. But in the real world it's not quite the same is it?

I wish BST had 10000 members but the fact is that too many aren't interested in the politics of it all and apathy rules. Yet for some reason, you think BSA members are devoid of that apathy. Fact is Phil, they don't have that same strength of feeling as you do and until you come to terms with that then I guess we'll keep on going round in circles.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2015 15:55]
Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 19:36 - Jan 4 with 1676 viewsphil007tangerine

Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 15:23 - Jan 4 by 20togo

Let's correct afew inaccurcies. Never said anything about veto or vote did I?! Isimply stated that the overwhelming majority of non committee members in attendance stated, when discussed, that the wished to remain affiliated to the club.

Surely if you want change, you'd expect the dissenters to turn up, not the supporters. You really are clutching at straws with your spouses remark.

I agree though that we are at a critical time in our history. And yet although dissenting BSA members that you claim there are, they can't be bothered to turn up at the AGM. I've alrady made the point enough times if a fan is unhappy with BSA not being independent then why would they even join them? Have you ever answered that?

And as TAM states, why is the BST membership percentage so low compared to the number of fans we have? Fact is, you're in your bubble on the other AVFTT where the majority have the same opinion. But in the real world it's not quite the same is it?

I wish BST had 10000 members but the fact is that too many aren't interested in the politics of it all and apathy rules. Yet for some reason, you think BSA members are devoid of that apathy. Fact is Phil, they don't have that same strength of feeling as you do and until you come to terms with that then I guess we'll keep on going round in circles.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2015 15:55]

'Overwhelming majority?!' there were seven other people 20's!

You can't have ever which way either. One day you say join if you want to change it, then you say they must be happy if they joined A case of tails I win heads you lose. This has been pointed out to you several times before. Effectively saying like it or lump it is ridiculous, both Blair and Thatcher each joined their respective parties and changed them radically

Some join just for the travel as you well know 20's, without it their membership would be even lower.

Apathy is a problem without a doubt but if you don't even bother to consult that only strengthens it. If you want more people involved -INVOLVE them whenever you can.

BSA's credibility is already at perhaps its lowest ever ebb made worse by the stance that it cannot even say' look we have held a vote and this is what our membership thinks'. As a result it comes across as either crass stupidity or entirely self-serving, no wonder its membership has fallen dramatically.

BSA has been around a very long time, yet BST only very recently formed and has a far higher membership already. You don't have to look very hard to know why.

BSA appears incapable of adapting and the blame lies squarely with the Committee
Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 21:56 - Jan 4 with 1667 viewsterminallytangerine

Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 19:36 - Jan 4 by phil007tangerine

'Overwhelming majority?!' there were seven other people 20's!

You can't have ever which way either. One day you say join if you want to change it, then you say they must be happy if they joined A case of tails I win heads you lose. This has been pointed out to you several times before. Effectively saying like it or lump it is ridiculous, both Blair and Thatcher each joined their respective parties and changed them radically

Some join just for the travel as you well know 20's, without it their membership would be even lower.

Apathy is a problem without a doubt but if you don't even bother to consult that only strengthens it. If you want more people involved -INVOLVE them whenever you can.

BSA's credibility is already at perhaps its lowest ever ebb made worse by the stance that it cannot even say' look we have held a vote and this is what our membership thinks'. As a result it comes across as either crass stupidity or entirely self-serving, no wonder its membership has fallen dramatically.

BSA has been around a very long time, yet BST only very recently formed and has a far higher membership already. You don't have to look very hard to know why.

BSA appears incapable of adapting and the blame lies squarely with the Committee

Afraid I stopped reading at 'terrified' and 'self-interested', Phil.

Neither are true.

(You are still shouting though.)
[Post edited 4 Jan 2015 21:57]
Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 11:17 - Jan 5 with 1636 viewsphil007tangerine

Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 21:56 - Jan 4 by terminallytangerine

Afraid I stopped reading at 'terrified' and 'self-interested', Phil.

Neither are true.

(You are still shouting though.)
[Post edited 4 Jan 2015 21:57]

Having passion is a good thing TT, acting like Neville Chamberlain certainly isn't.
Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 12:07 - Jan 5 with 1622 views20togo

Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 11:17 - Jan 5 by phil007tangerine

Having passion is a good thing TT, acting like Neville Chamberlain certainly isn't.

You accuse me of lacking the courage of my convictions.

Strange comment really. I've got the courage to stand up to all of you on the other msb. I don't like bullies telling people what they should do.

And let's face it that's what you are. You're trying to force your view and opinions on an organisation you don't belong to. I'd very much say I've got the courage of my convictions. To not have would be giving in to everything you say.

BSA and it's members will decide their future, not you or anyone else. And i've seen no evidence from anyone that the majority of their membership wish to become independent.
Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 13:10 - Jan 5 with 1609 viewsterminallytangerine

Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 11:17 - Jan 5 by phil007tangerine

Nice analogy Phil but highly inaccurate. Try Mahatma Ghandi.

(Glad you've calmed down though.)
[Post edited 5 Jan 2015 13:44]
Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 14:13 - Jan 5 with 1599 viewsstraightatthewall

Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 13:10 - Jan 5 by terminallytangerine

Nice analogy Phil but highly inaccurate. Try Mahatma Ghandi.

(Glad you've calmed down though.)
[Post edited 5 Jan 2015 13:44]

I preferred Ghandi in Sexy Beast. He was far more like Karl then.

No.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

Repeat Ad infinitum

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 22:36 - Jan 5 with 1546 viewsphil007tangerine

Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 12:07 - Jan 5 by 20togo

You accuse me of lacking the courage of my convictions.

Strange comment really. I've got the courage to stand up to all of you on the other msb. I don't like bullies telling people what they should do.

And let's face it that's what you are. You're trying to force your view and opinions on an organisation you don't belong to. I'd very much say I've got the courage of my convictions. To not have would be giving in to everything you say.

BSA and it's members will decide their future, not you or anyone else. And i've seen no evidence from anyone that the majority of their membership wish to become independent.

Don't be absurd 20's.

A vote is a way of hearing everyone's opinions -not just those of a select few, which you are clearly adamantly against.

Having the courage of you convictions means putting it to the test, not just continually telling everyone else they are wrong as you and TT endlessly do.

I have yet to meet a BFC fan in the 'real world' as you put it agree with BSA's stance.

BFC fans deserve an 'official' supporters group which at the very least can say it has a mandate. It doesn't even have that.
Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 01:41 - Jan 6 with 1510 viewsterminallytangerine

Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 22:36 - Jan 5 by phil007tangerine

Don't be absurd 20's.

A vote is a way of hearing everyone's opinions -not just those of a select few, which you are clearly adamantly against.

Having the courage of you convictions means putting it to the test, not just continually telling everyone else they are wrong as you and TT endlessly do.

I have yet to meet a BFC fan in the 'real world' as you put it agree with BSA's stance.

BFC fans deserve an 'official' supporters group which at the very least can say it has a mandate. It doesn't even have that.

I think you are asking me to have the courage of your convictions rather than my own, Phil.

As someone who is obsessively compulsive about attacking - and I suspect removing - an organisation you don't want to join, you are perhaps not in the best position to advise on what it should do in the best interests of its members and potential future members.

BSA members have always been encouraged to share their views with the committee and if there were the sort of groundswell of discontent within the organisation which you suggest we would undoubtedly be aware of it.

I have every confidence that the BSA membership - of which I am one among many - will make the correct decision on the direction the organisation takes, and will not be dictated to or intimidated by those who want to see its demise.

And believe it or not we also live in the real world, are as frustrated as anyone else who supports Blackpool and are trying to effect change to ensure a better deal for supporters.
Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 09:10 - Jan 6 with 1481 views20togo

Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 22:36 - Jan 5 by phil007tangerine

Don't be absurd 20's.

"A vote is a way of hearing everyone's opinions -not just those of a select few, which you are clearly adamantly against."

Firstly, I'm not against anything. If the members want a vote let the committee know. Guess what, Phil? One person has done. Why do you struggle to accept that?

Your problem is that you believe the mass [term used loosely] of members are up in arms about BFC and becoming independent is what they want. And As I said, only one person has come forward. BSA is not the seething mass of anger that AVFTT is Phil. You struggle to accept that.

We can carry on going round in circles if you want but I do seriously suggest you focus your energies elsewhere.

if BSA want to become independent it will be their and their members decision. There isn't a shred of evidence that you can provide to suggest their is a groundswell for change within their membership. And I'll tell you why! Because those who don't wish to part of a group which has links to the club simply don't join. Another point I keep making.
Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 11:01 - Jan 6 with 1465 viewsphil007tangerine

Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 09:10 - Jan 6 by 20togo

"A vote is a way of hearing everyone's opinions -not just those of a select few, which you are clearly adamantly against."

Firstly, I'm not against anything. If the members want a vote let the committee know. Guess what, Phil? One person has done. Why do you struggle to accept that?

Your problem is that you believe the mass [term used loosely] of members are up in arms about BFC and becoming independent is what they want. And As I said, only one person has come forward. BSA is not the seething mass of anger that AVFTT is Phil. You struggle to accept that.

We can carry on going round in circles if you want but I do seriously suggest you focus your energies elsewhere.

if BSA want to become independent it will be their and their members decision. There isn't a shred of evidence that you can provide to suggest their is a groundswell for change within their membership. And I'll tell you why! Because those who don't wish to part of a group which has links to the club simply don't join. Another point I keep making.

Stop continuing peddling that complete falsehood that one member has suggested this (at a poorly attended AGM yes), but other emails have been sent -fact.

TT links independence with 'demise' , draw your own conclusions there. No mention of how BSA's membership has dwindling alarmingly in a single year, no mention of how they want to attract more fans (which have joined BST in droves in a very short space of time) - just the same like it or lump it attitude.

Many BFC fans like myself would join BSA if we thought we could affect change -but such is the horrendously undemocratic nature of the organisation its a complete non-starter. Even if thousands joined.

# 3 Years before you can even stand for the Committee
# Staggered elections for Committee members (over a period of years)
# Officials ,like the Chairman chosen , not by the members but by the Committee themselves
# Their own charter " BSA cannot support those who seek to overthrow or undermine the current chairman, whoever that may be". No caveat. Even if every member supported that view.

# And again - "Any member who accepts BSA's rationale as an organisation committed to dialogue and with the football club can stand for the committee". So you can't even stand if you disagree with that.

As I said a complete non-starter.
Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 12:11 - Jan 6 with 1457 viewsterminallytangerine

Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 11:01 - Jan 6 by phil007tangerine

Stop continuing peddling that complete falsehood that one member has suggested this (at a poorly attended AGM yes), but other emails have been sent -fact.

TT links independence with 'demise' , draw your own conclusions there. No mention of how BSA's membership has dwindling alarmingly in a single year, no mention of how they want to attract more fans (which have joined BST in droves in a very short space of time) - just the same like it or lump it attitude.

Many BFC fans like myself would join BSA if we thought we could affect change -but such is the horrendously undemocratic nature of the organisation its a complete non-starter. Even if thousands joined.

# 3 Years before you can even stand for the Committee
# Staggered elections for Committee members (over a period of years)
# Officials ,like the Chairman chosen , not by the members but by the Committee themselves
# Their own charter " BSA cannot support those who seek to overthrow or undermine the current chairman, whoever that may be". No caveat. Even if every member supported that view.

# And again - "Any member who accepts BSA's rationale as an organisation committed to dialogue and with the football club can stand for the committee". So you can't even stand if you disagree with that.

As I said a complete non-starter.

Thank you for your concern Phil.

Now can we get on with trying to find solutions to difficult issues without interference from those who have no intention of being part of an organisation committed to dialogue?

When there are any changes to the organisation it will be a decision uninfluenced by those who equate 'independence' with doing what your most hostile critics tell you to do.

You pays your money and you makes your choice (unless NAPM.)
[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 12:22]
Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 13:56 - Apr 3 with 1247 viewstangerinedom

Does this thread just reflect that we have come nowhere since the end of the year and are no further along now. For me, there is now a very obvious choice - carry on following Blackpool FC with the Oyston's in charge or go and find another club to support. The O's are going nowhere and sadly that is the fact of it.
Karl Oyston Step Down - A Petition on 17:34 - Apr 3 with 1242 viewsCashCow

Nearly 7000 signatures - Oyston would kill for that many fans in Bloomfield Road next season!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024