Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! 11:12 - Jan 8 with 26008 viewsApeShit

According to SSN.
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 11:17 - Jan 8 with 12277 viewsVetchitBack

This case has done funny things to people.

It's turned the most liberal of people into "hang em and flog em" types.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 11:20 - Jan 8 with 12256 viewsApeShit

Not sure why they've changed their mind all of a sudden, just had an alert on my phone.

Nothing on the web site yet...
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 11:32 - Jan 8 with 12191 viewsApeShit

I'm guessing too many sponsors pulled out?
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 11:37 - Jan 8 with 12161 viewsItchySphincter

It's getting daft. Hope someone gives him a game soon, I'm looking forward to seeing if anyone passes to him.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 11:43 - Jan 8 with 12113 viewsexiledclaseboy

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 11:17 - Jan 8 by VetchitBack

This case has done funny things to people.

It's turned the most liberal of people into "hang em and flog em" types.

That's at least partly true. Conversely, it's also changed normally hardline tough on criminals types into wet liberalists who now fervently believe in rehabilition and second chances.

For what it's worth, I support Evans's right to return to work but I fully understand the reluctance of clubs to give him a job. I certainly wouldn't want him anywhere near Swansea City.

I absolutely abhor the continued attempts to smear the victim of Evans's crime and somehow blame her for his predicament. It's sickening how many people are prepared to leap to this man's defence.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2015 11:44]

Poll: Tory leader

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 11:44 - Jan 8 with 12107 viewsreddythered

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 11:20 - Jan 8 by ApeShit

Not sure why they've changed their mind all of a sudden, just had an alert on my phone.

Nothing on the web site yet...

Personal terms, medical. Could be numerous reasons.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 11:59 - Jan 8 with 12037 viewsmonmouth

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 11:43 - Jan 8 by exiledclaseboy

That's at least partly true. Conversely, it's also changed normally hardline tough on criminals types into wet liberalists who now fervently believe in rehabilition and second chances.

For what it's worth, I support Evans's right to return to work but I fully understand the reluctance of clubs to give him a job. I certainly wouldn't want him anywhere near Swansea City.

I absolutely abhor the continued attempts to smear the victim of Evans's crime and somehow blame her for his predicament. It's sickening how many people are prepared to leap to this man's defence.

Indeed. His 'right to return to work' has been extended into 'poor Ched' and conflated with 'he's not really guilty anyway', 'it wasn't much', 'he's a lad' and 'it's all the fault of women'.

Unless he is cleared on appeal I don't agree with his right to return to a high public profile career where youngsters will see him as a hero, but it's not against the law so I accept that he is subject to the economic laws of supply and demand. So far I applaud the way those laws have operated.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 12:06 - Jan 8 with 12004 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Apparently due to threats made to staff and their families....

...I can see that being an excuse for other reasons, but if not....this whole thing is a farce.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 12:11 - Jan 8 with 11969 viewsApeShit

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 11:44 - Jan 8 by reddythered

Personal terms, medical. Could be numerous reasons.

You would of thought that they would of made sure of all that before causing such an uproar, haven't two of their sponsors pulled out?
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 12:16 - Jan 8 with 11925 viewsNeath_Jack

And right enough too.

Persons on the sex register have no place in professional sport, and hopefully after this case, the laws will be changed to state just that.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 12:19 - Jan 8 with 11904 viewsApeShit

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 12:16 - Jan 8 by Neath_Jack

And right enough too.

Persons on the sex register have no place in professional sport, and hopefully after this case, the laws will be changed to state just that.

Hear hear!
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 12:21 - Jan 8 with 11895 viewsreddythered

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 12:16 - Jan 8 by Neath_Jack

And right enough too.

What about causing death by dangerous driving, running off without contacting the emergency services?

As bad as Ched Evans is, Lee Hughes had a career after killing people.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 12:23 - Jan 8 with 11884 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

If the tw*t had shown contrition for the events of that night (he can still do so while maintaining his innocence of the specific crime), put himself at the forefront of a campaign to teach young men about respecting women and attitudes to women and so on, I think this could have gone differently for him. Quite why his 'camp' have taken this 'f*ck you all' attitude the minute he walked out on licence is just so self-defeating.

From the events of that night, to how he's acted ever since, it's one big example of how not to behave. He's either been badly advised, or just a total tw*t, or both.

He may well have his conviction quashed, who knows, but either way he's conducted himself in a poor way.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 12:27 - Jan 8 with 11854 viewsNeath_Jack

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 12:21 - Jan 8 by reddythered

What about causing death by dangerous driving, running off without contacting the emergency services?

As bad as Ched Evans is, Lee Hughes had a career after killing people.

That c*nt should have been hung out to dry as well, in my opinion. Professional sportsmen cannot be compared to "normal" occupations in my mind, your bricklayers, painters etc. Again, in my opinion.

The difference with a sex offender and any other criminal is quite obvious though, don't you think? Genuine question.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 12:36 - Jan 8 with 11822 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Apparently Oldham said no .
But Evans took it as a yes .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 12:37 - Jan 8 with 11817 viewsLe_Swans

It would be better all round if he just took a step back at the moment and waited for his appeal to process, if he's found innocent then there will be queues of clubs willing to take him on for next season, all he's doing now is antagonising things further.
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 12:38 - Jan 8 with 11805 viewsVetchitBack

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 11:43 - Jan 8 by exiledclaseboy

Agreed.

But I think the facts in this case are a factor behind the supposed leniency.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 12:40 - Jan 8 with 11792 viewsreddythered

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 12:27 - Jan 8 by Neath_Jack

That c*nt should have been hung out to dry as well, in my opinion. Professional sportsmen cannot be compared to "normal" occupations in my mind, your bricklayers, painters etc. Again, in my opinion.

The difference with a sex offender and any other criminal is quite obvious though, don't you think? Genuine question.

Quite obvious yes.

On a moral level, I'd suggest being responsible for the death of people is marginally worse.

It just raises my hackles that sport is treated differently. In particular, football. What about rugby players? Athletes? Dart players - after all, look how revered Phil Taylor is - and he was convicted of sexual assault.

I grant you the morals of football are definitely something that needs examining - even the NFL which does have policies about personal conduct regularly has scandals a la Ray Rice.

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 12:40 - Jan 8 with 11792 viewsApeShit

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30727729

Threats to staff and their families.
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 12:48 - Jan 8 with 11734 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 12:36 - Jan 8 by oh_tommy_tommy

Apparently Oldham said no .
But Evans took it as a yes .

Shouldn't really have sniggered at that!!!

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 12:49 - Jan 8 with 11723 viewsacejack3065

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 12:40 - Jan 8 by ApeShit

That'll do nicely then. It's a great excuse to climb down from signing a rapist without losing too much face after being swamped by people questioning their businesses morals.

"We aren't signing him because of what people are saying,rather how they are saying it and who they are saying it to. Honest"
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:05 - Jan 8 with 11655 viewsNikkolinho

Hello guys. Not trying to stir up anything unnecessarily here, but this Evans thing has taken such proportions in England, yet there has been no mention of that your recent signing Modou Barrow was convicted in 2012 for beating his girlfriend in Sweden. I admit that I have only done a cursory search and if I am bringing up old news, feel free to ignore it. Still, as a fellow football fan I felt I had to register and share what I know of it, since I would have wanted to know if the roles were reversed.

I was surprised that this has not been discussed since it is common knowledge in Sweden and certainly pertains to the discussion about what crimes footballers can commit and still be accepted into professional football .

Here is a link to his court case (in Swedish unfortunately):
http://minfil.org/v9z1Y5a3be/B1197-12fin.pdf

The case file is taken from the district court of Norrköping, dated 25th of October 2012, and was not appealed as far as I know. He stood trial for assault and battery as well as aggravated battery (if I am translating this properly, criminal law in English is somewhat confusing to me). Barrow was ultimately convicted for battery (the lesser charge), after the court found it proven through corroborating evidence and witness testimony that he had repeatedly punched her in the face, kneed her in the forehead while she was cowering and stomped her in the back of the head while on the ground.

He was sentenced to 180 hours of community service (first time offender, 19 years old etc), which if he had been sentenced to prison time would have been 7 months instead.

My apologies if I have made any mistakes in the translation and if this is perceived as an attempt to stir something up. It is to my understanding that Barrow and the girl in question is still a couple and now has a child together and seemingly has moved past this dark time in their relationship. Still thought you had the right to know. Cheers!
[Post edited 8 Jan 2015 13:09]
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:10 - Jan 8 with 11630 viewsjacksfullaces

so the people who oppose the signing of a convicted rapist have threatened to rape one of the directors daughters seemed to be the report on 5 live 12.30 news

certainly right about people not being able to make up their minds on how they feel about rape....
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:12 - Jan 8 with 11613 viewsParlay

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:05 - Jan 8 by Nikkolinho

Hello guys. Not trying to stir up anything unnecessarily here, but this Evans thing has taken such proportions in England, yet there has been no mention of that your recent signing Modou Barrow was convicted in 2012 for beating his girlfriend in Sweden. I admit that I have only done a cursory search and if I am bringing up old news, feel free to ignore it. Still, as a fellow football fan I felt I had to register and share what I know of it, since I would have wanted to know if the roles were reversed.

I was surprised that this has not been discussed since it is common knowledge in Sweden and certainly pertains to the discussion about what crimes footballers can commit and still be accepted into professional football .

Here is a link to his court case (in Swedish unfortunately):
http://minfil.org/v9z1Y5a3be/B1197-12fin.pdf

The case file is taken from the district court of Norrköping, dated 25th of October 2012, and was not appealed as far as I know. He stood trial for assault and battery as well as aggravated battery (if I am translating this properly, criminal law in English is somewhat confusing to me). Barrow was ultimately convicted for battery (the lesser charge), after the court found it proven through corroborating evidence and witness testimony that he had repeatedly punched her in the face, kneed her in the forehead while she was cowering and stomped her in the back of the head while on the ground.

He was sentenced to 180 hours of community service (first time offender, 19 years old etc), which if he had been sentenced to prison time would have been 7 months instead.

My apologies if I have made any mistakes in the translation and if this is perceived as an attempt to stir something up. It is to my understanding that Barrow and the girl in question is still a couple and now has a child together and seemingly has moved past this dark time in their relationship. Still thought you had the right to know. Cheers!
[Post edited 8 Jan 2015 13:09]

Wow

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:14 - Jan 8 with 11608 viewsQuakerJack

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 12:40 - Jan 8 by ApeShit

You have to laugh at the hypocrisy of this threat:

"A club director told BBC sports editor Dan Roan that a staff member was informed a named relative would be raped if the deal went ahead."

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024