Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! 11:12 - Jan 8 with 26051 viewsApeShit

According to SSN.
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 16:56 - Jan 9 with 1243 viewscontroversial_jack

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 16:56 - Jan 8 by Jackhero

in the summing up the judge says " [the complainant] was in no position to form a capacity to consent to sexual intercourse, and you, when you arrived, must have realised that."

So from my understanding they have decided that the girl was in no fit state to give consent. This is why there is no accusing Ched of Rape, Ched by his own admission had sex with the girl, the girl having no recollection of it could not have accused him of raping her, but from the evidence given, and conclusions by the Jury it is deemed rape as he had not had permission from her. Simple in my eyes that.

She could have consented and then not remembered doing so.
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 16:59 - Jan 9 with 1241 viewslondonlisa2001

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 16:56 - Jan 9 by controversial_jack

She could have consented and then not remembered doing so.

and perhaps she didn't consent and he raped her which is, after all, what the jury that heard all the evidence concluded.
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 16:59 - Jan 9 with 1236 viewscontroversial_jack

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:52 - Jan 8 by Parlay

Well in the prosecutions defence, Ched didn't pick up the girl as it were, he later joined in after she agreed to go back with someone else.

However to get a conviction then there needs to be clear evidence. Thats the precedent that is so frightening now for the nation, there seemingly doesn't have to be any clear evidence of your guilt anymore.

If someone accused me of killing Michael Jackson, i couldn't prove i didn't as I have no alibi. It seems like people are happy that I would be convicted on the grounds that there is no evidence to suggest i did or didnt, so assume i did.

Its all very odd.

Guilt by hearsay!
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:03 - Jan 9 with 1227 viewscontroversial_jack

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 18:29 - Jan 8 by A_Fans_Dad

It used to be the case that a person was "Innocent until proven guilty", but with the trial by Mass Media of today that is no longer quite true.

The end of habeas corpus
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:07 - Jan 9 with 1223 viewscontroversial_jack

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 16:59 - Jan 9 by londonlisa2001

and perhaps she didn't consent and he raped her which is, after all, what the jury that heard all the evidence concluded.

So it's just one persons word against anothers?
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:08 - Jan 9 with 1222 viewslondonlisa2001

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:03 - Jan 9 by controversial_jack

The end of habeas corpus

why? He was innocent until proven guilty. Some are just unable to accept that fact.
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:10 - Jan 9 with 1211 viewscontroversial_jack

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:08 - Jan 9 by londonlisa2001

why? He was innocent until proven guilty. Some are just unable to accept that fact.

"Proven". I see!
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:12 - Jan 9 with 1201 viewsreddythered

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:10 - Jan 9 by controversial_jack

"Proven". I see!

I'm sure you'll provide the "new" appeal with your groundbreaking evidence of innocence then given both a jury and appeal disagree with you.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:12 - Jan 9 with 1199 viewslondonlisa2001

"Proven". I see!

yes - proven.

After hearing all the evidence he was found guilty be a jury of 12 men and women.

He appealed and the appeal was turned down.

Or are you only supporting the legal system selectively?
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:16 - Jan 9 with 1188 viewsLeonisGod

"Proven". I see!

Proven in a court of law. It's not necessarily the same as saying they've got to the truth of what happened. He probably did rape her, but there's always a chance that he didn't. Only 3 people were in a position to know.
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:16 - Jan 9 with 1190 viewscontroversial_jack

If she couldn't remember how can she be certain that she didn't consent?
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:18 - Jan 9 with 1188 viewsreddythered

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:16 - Jan 9 by controversial_jack

If she couldn't remember how can she be certain that she didn't consent?

You're aware not being able to remember/ being incapable of consent means consent wasn't given, right?

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:18 - Jan 9 with 1184 viewscontroversial_jack

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:16 - Jan 9 by LeonisGod

Proven in a court of law. It's not necessarily the same as saying they've got to the truth of what happened. He probably did rape her, but there's always a chance that he didn't. Only 3 people were in a position to know.

Exactly, it has to be proven beyond reasonable doubt and in this case it clearly wasn't
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:19 - Jan 9 with 1183 viewsSkewenJack

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:16 - Jan 9 by LeonisGod

and none of them said he did by the looks of it.
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:20 - Jan 9 with 1179 viewsreddythered

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:18 - Jan 9 by controversial_jack

Exactly, it has to be proven beyond reasonable doubt and in this case it clearly wasn't

In your opinion.

Because if it was CLEARLY not proven then he would have been found not guilty or had his appeal upheld.

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:20 - Jan 9 with 1175 viewscontroversial_jack

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:18 - Jan 9 by reddythered

You're aware not being able to remember/ being incapable of consent means consent wasn't given, right?

But she can't remember, so she could have.I have done many stupid things after being drunk and not remembered doing so until I have been reminded by my mates etc
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:21 - Jan 9 with 1170 viewsSkewenJack

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:18 - Jan 9 by reddythered

Not being able to remember and not being able to consent do not go hand in hand.
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:22 - Jan 9 with 1169 viewsreddythered

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:20 - Jan 9 by controversial_jack

But she can't remember, so she could have.I have done many stupid things after being drunk and not remembered doing so until I have been reminded by my mates etc

She could have tapdanced on the top of the Eiffel Tower too, eh?

Maybe it was Ched's own words that convicted him eh - given he and Donaldson gave different stories.

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:22 - Jan 9 with 1165 viewscontroversial_jack

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:20 - Jan 9 by reddythered

In your opinion.

Because if it was CLEARLY not proven then he would have been found not guilty or had his appeal upheld.

It has to be proven he did, not proven he did not to obtain a conviction. That's how the law works in criminal cases
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:26 - Jan 9 with 1161 viewsreddythered

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:22 - Jan 9 by controversial_jack

It has to be proven he did, not proven he did not to obtain a conviction. That's how the law works in criminal cases

It was proven to a juries satisfaction, ergo it was therefore proven that he did.

That's how the law works in criminal cases.

For an appeal to succeed, it has to be determined the original decision was fundamentally incorrect and set aside as a consequence.

That's how the law works in criminal case appeals.

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:31 - Jan 9 with 1148 viewscontroversial_jack

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:26 - Jan 9 by reddythered

It was proven to a juries satisfaction, ergo it was therefore proven that he did.

For an appeal to succeed, it has to be determined the original decision was fundamentally incorrect and set aside as a consequence.

If one persons word is deemed proof against another's in a court of law, then we are in big trouble
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:31 - Jan 9 with 1147 viewsSkewenJack

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:26 - Jan 9 by reddythered

one juries guilty verdict is another juries innocent verdict.

so factually no, it was not proven he did it, it was proven that a group of pubic members on jury service assumed he did. major difference.
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:35 - Jan 9 with 1140 viewscontroversial_jack

This is as unsafe a conviction as you will see anywhere! It happened to a friend of mine, one persons word against another and then the obligatory 5 year sentence was handed out. It was quashed on appeal, not until he had lost everything. Be under no illusion British courts are convicting people without any evidence whatsoever. There is little to choose between our justice system and that of any third world country
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:38 - Jan 9 with 1130 viewsperchrockjack

Its unsafe ion your eyes.

Ive seen fellas walk free from court after being pulled from the burning wreck they has stolen and crashed.
Denied being in it and walked free so it works both ways..

Its weird that on our site Evans has so much support

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:38 - Jan 9 with 1140 viewsreddythered

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 17:31 - Jan 9 by SkewenJack

one juries guilty verdict is another juries innocent verdict.

so factually no, it was not proven he did it, it was proven that a group of pubic members on jury service assumed he did. major difference.

Dear god.

So nobody has ever been proven guilty of any crime whatsoever based upon that logic.

Let's have no prisons, no prisoners just a Mad Max-esque wasteland because nobody can ever be proven of anything to the satisfaction of some.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024