Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread 18:57 - Jan 16 with 27048 viewsPlazex

[Posted early due to request of HerefordJack]

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Where will we finish?

The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 15:45 - Jan 17 with 3469 viewsymaohyd

The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 15:39 - Jan 17 by rob

Sorry, but that first 35mins was a disgrace

Couldn't agree more. Hindsight and all that, two weeks into the transfer windows and we've brought in a prospect from Exeter and a failed striker from Portugal.

Yet we put out a team like that!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 15:45 - Jan 17 with 3467 viewsApeShit

I wouldn't be surprised if we refuse to come back out for the second half!

The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 15:46 - Jan 17 with 3452 viewsrob

"
its not an excuse but you can't lose bony ki shelvey briton montero out of a team and expect to do well against chelsea"

But, firstly you expect the manager to pick a team with some protection, and for the professional footballers out there, to be able to pass to a team mate. Shocking.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2015 15:47]
The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 15:47 - Jan 17 with 3423 viewsRancid

It would be 4-4 if we still had Wilf
The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 15:47 - Jan 17 with 3409 viewsblaine_scfc

Can't remember this feeling. Easier said than done but just tighten up as much as poss, I would honestly settle for 6 the way it's going.
The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 15:48 - Jan 17 with 3362 viewsrossshaw

We're going to see another swansea come out second half.
4-4 here we come! :D

Trundle could still do a job..

The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 15:49 - Jan 17 with 3327 viewsCatullus

Proof the squad needs strengthening? Or will the board just say "well it was Chelsea"?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 15:51 - Jan 17 with 3227 viewsrossshaw

The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 15:49 - Jan 17 by Catullus

Proof the squad needs strengthening? Or will the board just say "well it was Chelsea"?

Well it is Chelsea...

Trundle could still do a job..

Login to get fewer ads

The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 15:51 - Jan 17 with 3194 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 15:47 - Jan 17 by Rancid

It would be 4-4 if we still had Wilf

If we'd signed Spurs' third choice full back we'd be ahead.
The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 15:51 - Jan 17 with 3194 views1jack

First time I have questioned monk, but why are we not playing our best defensive midfielder against Chelsea. Bad bad decision.
The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 15:52 - Jan 17 with 3178 viewsepaul

The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 15:45 - Jan 17 by Lord_Bony

Thanks

Im going to be sick..
its going to be a blood bath second half...

It's going to be a bloodbath on here as well.....later!!!!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 15:52 - Jan 17 with 3161 viewsApeShit

The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 15:49 - Jan 17 by Catullus

Most people will say "well it was Chelsesa" but this is one of the worst performances I've seen, ridiculous team selection and line-up.

F*ck me, I couldn't go today because I'm in the middle of moving, but moving house looks more fun than watching that in the freezing f*cking cold!
The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 15:52 - Jan 17 with 3154 viewsmonkeymike

some effort would be nice
0 attempts on target
The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 15:53 - Jan 17 with 3114 viewsrob

Chelsea are a great team, especially when Monk picks a side like that.
The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 15:54 - Jan 17 with 3068 viewsSgorioFruit

Currently at Kingfield Stadium watching Woking v Bristol Rovers.
Looks like I made the right choice by the sound of things.

Oh dear.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 15:55 - Jan 17 with 3057 viewsstAteSwan

Yeah, I'd say we need both defensive help and a Defensive midfielder.

I can't say I'm terribly surprised by this though, You simply can't take Ki, Bony, Montero, and Shelvey out of our squad and expect us to be able to have a chance against the best team in the league. Not that we would have a great chance with them.

That being said, We've given away two of the four goals today. Just given them away.
The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 15:55 - Jan 17 with 3040 viewsApeShit

I need a cup of tea
The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 15:56 - Jan 17 with 3016 viewsAnotherJohn

Couldn't get a ticket for today, so watching on Sky Germany - and hurting. It was always going to be tough against Chelsea, and we're mssing three or four key players, but for all that it pains me to say this is one of the most one-sided BPL games I've seen. Chelsea are stronger than two seasons ago, but I fear that we are weaker, probably because the core of players who got us promotion aren't what they were. It could be a long hard season now. I don't think we will survive in this league long if we think we can get by on bargain signings. Funnily enough one of the worst performers today, Fernandez, is normally okay and should still be very much in our plans.
The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 15:57 - Jan 17 with 2933 viewscaerleon_jack

The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 15:46 - Jan 17 by rob

"
its not an excuse but you can't lose bony ki shelvey briton montero out of a team and expect to do well against chelsea"

But, firstly you expect the manager to pick a team with some protection, and for the professional footballers out there, to be able to pass to a team mate. Shocking.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2015 15:47]

This.

Our most 'defensive' midfielder is Carroll who by trade is a playmaker. The decision to play Gylfi alongside him is naive beyond belief. The decision to play two wingers who have offered nothing going forward or back over the last 5-6 games over the two that had such an impact against West Ham is just dreadful. We have struggled in midfield recently anyway, and I know we're missing Ki and Britton as our two most defensive midfielders, but surely we needed to play someone like Amat in there? I'm just hoping Monk puts a rocket up them at half time and we start playing it simple. Too often we're going for little flicks and blind passes. Chelsea are putting a lot of pressure on us, but we just keep giving it away so easily.

Insert something witty here

The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 15:58 - Jan 17 with 2523 viewsNeiltheTaylor

A minor home disaster meant I just saw the last 5 minutes of that. Strangely seeing 0-4 made clipping the side of the car port with the snow plough just the second worst disaster of the day. Thanks Swans!

Looking at the line up it seems Olivera has gone from a cameo to starting against Chelsea. I'll read back but it seems a bit OTT on pressure doesn't it? Are we 4-4-2? Where is Siggy playing etc?

I'll guess I'll find out reading back and watching the second half, but it didn't go well...
[Post edited 17 Jan 2015 16:05]

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 16:00 - Jan 17 with 2025 viewsfootball2301

The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 15:56 - Jan 17 by AnotherJohn

Couldn't get a ticket for today, so watching on Sky Germany - and hurting. It was always going to be tough against Chelsea, and we're mssing three or four key players, but for all that it pains me to say this is one of the most one-sided BPL games I've seen. Chelsea are stronger than two seasons ago, but I fear that we are weaker, probably because the core of players who got us promotion aren't what they were. It could be a long hard season now. I don't think we will survive in this league long if we think we can get by on bargain signings. Funnily enough one of the worst performers today, Fernandez, is normally okay and should still be very much in our plans.

your should call yourself dear john christ almighty we have bad game with 5 usual subs starting against one of the best sides in europe and we aint goner last long in this league even though we are virtually safe with half the season to go amazing !
The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 16:02 - Jan 17 with 1987 viewsAquinas

Hopefully Olivieria or Gomis gets a goal. We've lost this but hopefully one of our strikers can gain a bit of confidence.

And Mourinho clearly wants a clean sheet so its the only way we can still hurt them.
The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 16:03 - Jan 17 with 1966 viewscentrestandswan

out played out thought out classed , always a difficult match , just appreciate how good Chelsea are . Never mind there is always the Cup.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 16:04 - Jan 17 with 1959 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Just from the clips with not much idea on the overloading leading to the chances - Fab beaten near post for one and Ash turning his back on a shot for another...
[Post edited 17 Jan 2015 16:06]

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 16:04 - Jan 17 with 1959 viewsStarsky

The Official PlanetSwans Swansea City A.F.C. vs Chelsea F.C. Matchday Thread on 16:00 - Jan 17 by football2301

your should call yourself dear john christ almighty we have bad game with 5 usual subs starting against one of the best sides in europe and we aint goner last long in this league even though we are virtually safe with half the season to go amazing !

Yeah but if your mate had behaved himself he might have made a difference today.

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024