Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? 16:35 - Feb 23 with 9898 viewsswanskid95

Surprising after they released a video about how anti racists they are a few days ago having a dig at Chelsea.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ashley_SCFC/status/569895501304348673/photos
Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 16:41 - Feb 23 with 8835 viewsScoobyWho

You cant generalise, football is made up of people and its people that are racist.
I know a couple of racists who work in town at a well known store, I wouldn't call that store a racist company. Equally the same goes for racism in football, I also know a pretty right wing guy who follows the swans but also the ospreys, when he is at the rugby is rugby racist ? Or just when he is at the football.

Thats the problem with trying to distinguish what is and isn't racist, it's the stereotype.
There's irony in there somewhere.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 16:42 - Feb 23 with 8834 viewsDarran

ICF ini.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 16:47 - Feb 23 with 8813 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

racism is alive & well in in the uk and all over the world .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 17:44 - Feb 23 with 8723 viewsjack247

I said in a different thread a few weeks ago, that it only seemed to be the West Ham, Chelsea and Spurs fans chanting aggressively where the supporters mix just before and after the games. Almost as if they were hoping someone would have a go at them. No surprise to see those three at the top of the list, maybe they just have the most wãnkers following them as opposed to most racists.
Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 18:27 - Feb 23 with 8664 viewsLeonisGod

Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 16:41 - Feb 23 by ScoobyWho

You cant generalise, football is made up of people and its people that are racist.
I know a couple of racists who work in town at a well known store, I wouldn't call that store a racist company. Equally the same goes for racism in football, I also know a pretty right wing guy who follows the swans but also the ospreys, when he is at the rugby is rugby racist ? Or just when he is at the football.

Thats the problem with trying to distinguish what is and isn't racist, it's the stereotype.
There's irony in there somewhere.

Small numbers of arrests too. We're only talking up to 20 per club and normally just a handful. It's pretty much statistically meaningless. One incident involving 6 pissed d1ckheads skews the figures completely.

Having said that... I've never had any problems with Chelsea or Spurs fans, but some spammers I've met have been complete tossers. No surprise to see them up there for me, but no doubt for the tw@ts I've had the misfortune to meet, there are hundreds or thousands of great W Ham fans.

London clubs are all near the top of that questionable table in the article (palace excepted who seem to recruit a lot of local black players). Coincidence?
Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 19:01 - Feb 23 with 8590 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Slightly off topic I suppose, and I really hope this doesn't offend anyone or sound ignorant...but a couple of questions from someone who has never been to the UK yet:

1) Do you ever see ANY black Swans fans at the Liberty on a game day?

2) And, is this significantly different than most of the other 19 PL stadiums? (I'm assuming perhaps the six London and some of the other large city clubs are more diverse.)

Reading this thread, it just now struck me that anytime I've observed a crowd shot or seen anything about our fans (including in JTAK), it's always looked 100% milky white over there. Likely this is just a reflection of the demographics of Southwest Wales; again I claim complete ignorance on the subject.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 19:04 - Feb 23 with 8582 viewsJBT95

Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 19:01 - Feb 23 by Tummer_from_Texas

Slightly off topic I suppose, and I really hope this doesn't offend anyone or sound ignorant...but a couple of questions from someone who has never been to the UK yet:

2) And, is this significantly different than most of the other 19 PL stadiums? (I'm assuming perhaps the six London and some of the other large city clubs are more diverse.)

Reading this thread, it just now struck me that anytime I've observed a crowd shot or seen anything about our fans (including in JTAK), it's always looked 100% milky white over there. Likely this is just a reflection of the demographics of Southwest Wales; again I claim complete ignorance on the subject.

Yeah it is rare to see anything other than white people at the ground, something I have observed too. Get a few Asians but I always assume they are 'tourists' for Ki, however I could be completely wrong.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2015 19:04]
Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 19:28 - Feb 23 with 8532 viewscupidstunt

Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 16:42 - Feb 23 by Darran

ICF ini.

Arrests for racist and abusive chanting since 2004/5
West Ham: 21
Chelsea: 19
Tottenham Hotspur: 17
Sunderland: 15
Aston Villa: 12
Stoke City: 12
Arsenal: 10
West Brom: 9
Hull: 7
Man United: 7
Newcastle: 7
Liverpool: 6
Swansea: 6
Burnley: 5
QPR: 5
Southampton: 3
Everton: 2
Leicester: 2
Man City: 2
Crystal Palace: 1
Login to get fewer ads

Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 19:56 - Feb 23 with 8476 viewslibertine

in the grand scale of things doesn't seem that much does it.?
but wasn't it on panorama a few weeks ago with the undercover cameras following everton and some smaller clubs, fans

it seemed like there was a group of 40 dickfaces chanting rascist comments

if that group were arrested then everton would be top of the table
so the table is lying.
Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 20:01 - Feb 23 with 8467 viewsjack247

Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 19:01 - Feb 23 by Tummer_from_Texas

Occasionally, but not that often. In fairness, Swansea has relatively few black inhabitants compared to other Premier league cities. I haven't really noticed at away games, but then it wouldn't necessarily be something I would remember.

As was said above, since Ki has been here, we have seen quite a lot of Korean/Asian fans. My guess is they travel from all over the UK to see him play, as he is such a big star back home.
Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 21:35 - Feb 23 with 8337 viewsFieryJack

According to 2011 figures the population of the Swansea area is almost 98% white.

Back in the early 80's I think it might have been 99.5% white. I can remember a very black-skinned Barbadian mate of mine coming over from London for a weekend. After a day of being stared at in the Mumbles as if he was some kind of exotic creature he went home a day early! No-one was rude or aggressive, but the attention did make him feel uncomfortably exposed.

Chelsea and West Ham fans - no surprise there. Chelsea fans have for years mocked Spurs fans with menacing hissing noises in a sickening reference to the gas chambers of the concentration camps.

It's a great rarity to see black or Asian fans at a Swans game - I remember being taken aback to see - at St. Andrews about 6 years ago - a tall, pony-tailed, middle-aged Asian bloke all in denim wandering around our end at half time.

I think it will be a long time before the numbers of ethnic minorities supporting their local clubs matches their presence in the local population. A good example of this is in Bradford. Valley Parade is slap bang in the middle of Manningham which is a 99% Asian area. There are a reasonable number of Asian lads who follow the club, but considering that Pakistanis constitute a quarter to a third of the city's population their numbers inside the ground are pathetically small.
Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 21:49 - Feb 23 with 8311 viewsVetchitBack

Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 21:35 - Feb 23 by FieryJack

According to 2011 figures the population of the Swansea area is almost 98% white.

Back in the early 80's I think it might have been 99.5% white. I can remember a very black-skinned Barbadian mate of mine coming over from London for a weekend. After a day of being stared at in the Mumbles as if he was some kind of exotic creature he went home a day early! No-one was rude or aggressive, but the attention did make him feel uncomfortably exposed.

Chelsea and West Ham fans - no surprise there. Chelsea fans have for years mocked Spurs fans with menacing hissing noises in a sickening reference to the gas chambers of the concentration camps.

It's a great rarity to see black or Asian fans at a Swans game - I remember being taken aback to see - at St. Andrews about 6 years ago - a tall, pony-tailed, middle-aged Asian bloke all in denim wandering around our end at half time.

I think it will be a long time before the numbers of ethnic minorities supporting their local clubs matches their presence in the local population. A good example of this is in Bradford. Valley Parade is slap bang in the middle of Manningham which is a 99% Asian area. There are a reasonable number of Asian lads who follow the club, but considering that Pakistanis constitute a quarter to a third of the city's population their numbers inside the ground are pathetically small.

98% White in 2011?

If you believe that...

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 22:14 - Feb 23 with 8266 viewsFieryJack

Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 21:49 - Feb 23 by VetchitBack

98% White in 2011?

If you believe that...

Those figures are from the Swansea-Wikipedia page.

I know why you've expressed surprise , though, because both Hafod and Sandfields have a significant Asian pop.

But it would probably be more instructive to list those areas of Swansea which are basically virtually all-white: all of the council estates, for a start, plus other areas. Ever seen any gangs of Asian lads in West Cross or Port Tennant? Blaen-y-Maes or Tycoch? Brynmill or Mayhill?
Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 22:29 - Feb 23 with 8227 viewslatchford

Not sure if anyone else saw him but last season when we played Stoke away Jason Roberts was in our end. Had an old coat on and a baseball cap. Few weeks later he had a show about racist chanting. He was obviously recording what was said by fans around him. Was nothing on about Swans fans
Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 22:43 - Feb 23 with 8201 viewsPacemaker

There is an Asian guy who sits not too far from me in the East that I saw at the trust meeting as well, who has been a ST holder for years. I have seen quite a few black fans at away games who I have always presumed are friends or family of players for some reason. There are often large numbers of Korean fans for some games, I have spoken to a few who have travelled down from London just to see Ki play. But oddly enough until I read the post hadn't really thought about it.

The general population of S West Wales has been predominately white, but in the last twenty-thirty years it has become more cosmopolitan.

Don't know why there are not more minorities at the games, large numbers of players are non white which would suggest that those communities are fans, could be lack of cash, access to tickets or fear of racism, for many years football fans were associated with hooliganism ( often right wing flavoured) and that might be putting some off.

My neighbour is Indonesian and came to a game with me once which he said he enjoyed, but has not been since.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 22:44 - Feb 23 with 8198 viewsBobJack

Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 19:28 - Feb 23 by cupidstunt

Arrests for racist and abusive chanting since 2004/5
West Ham: 21
Chelsea: 19
Tottenham Hotspur: 17
Sunderland: 15
Aston Villa: 12
Stoke City: 12
Arsenal: 10
West Brom: 9
Hull: 7
Man United: 7
Newcastle: 7
Liverpool: 6
Swansea: 6
Burnley: 5
QPR: 5
Southampton: 3
Everton: 2
Leicester: 2
Man City: 2
Crystal Palace: 1

Meaningless stats really.

I have heard racist comments by Swans fans at least 3 times shouted in last 6 or 7 years.

Once in East stand and twice at away matches. There have probably been alot more, these 3 made me wince though, that is my I remember them.

There will always be a small element of idiots, hopefully in time all racism will stop.

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 22:49 - Feb 23 with 8185 viewsScoobyWho

Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 22:29 - Feb 23 by latchford

Not sure if anyone else saw him but last season when we played Stoke away Jason Roberts was in our end. Had an old coat on and a baseball cap. Few weeks later he had a show about racist chanting. He was obviously recording what was said by fans around him. Was nothing on about Swans fans

Serious ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 23:17 - Feb 23 with 8140 viewsjacknblue

this could have been a list of clubs that take racism seriously. That west ham have made more arrests because they are clamping down on racism. the lists means FA.
Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 23:22 - Feb 23 with 8130 viewsLohengrin

Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 23:17 - Feb 23 by jacknblue

this could have been a list of clubs that take racism seriously. That west ham have made more arrests because they are clamping down on racism. the lists means FA.

It could also be the case that virtually all of the arrests listed above were for abusive chanting, which I expect means excessive profanity?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 23:24 - Feb 23 with 8126 viewsTreforys_Jack

I sit a few seats away from the away fans in the NW corner, and I was called a sheep shagging welsh c**t by a rather nice Asian chap in a Man Utd shirt on Sat
Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 23:26 - Feb 23 with 8122 viewsLohengrin

Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 23:24 - Feb 23 by Treforys_Jack

I sit a few seats away from the away fans in the NW corner, and I was called a sheep shagging welsh c**t by a rather nice Asian chap in a Man Utd shirt on Sat

Why single you out? Have you got that look about you?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 23:27 - Feb 23 with 8117 viewssully49

They don't to come to the Liberty as a matter of choice, not because they are intimidated and fear racial abuse surely?

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 23:30 - Feb 23 with 8113 viewsTreforys_Jack

Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 23:26 - Feb 23 by Lohengrin

Why single you out? Have you got that look about you?

I must have, or could have been the dungarees and wellies I suppose Was genuinely speechless, just fell about laughing, made my day especially as it was a few mins before our 2nd.
Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 23:32 - Feb 23 with 8109 viewsBobJack

Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 23:24 - Feb 23 by Treforys_Jack

He has a point !!!!! only kidding.

Should have taken his photo and posted it here. Football does bring the worst out of many.

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Who are the most racist fans in the premier leuage? on 00:35 - Feb 24 with 8055 viewsLeonisGod

Swansea and south-west Wales are very 'white'. I moved here about 9 years ago after living in several other places around the UK and it's very noticeable. You see very few Afro Carribeans. I'd say the most obvious ethnic group in Swansea are the South Asians. There are a lot of Chinese and others from Eastern Asia coming to the university now, and also increasing numbers from the Middle East. Fair few Poles about too. I'd say there's a diverse mix of immigrants, but in low numbers. But generally black faces, whether immigrants or British are very much in the minority relative to other areas of the UK in my experience.

So I'd say your impressions are correct.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024