Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Advice needed on how to get Leicester match from Birmingham airport 19:28 - Apr 6 with 3230 viewsqprmeath

Booked cheap flights ages ago for this final day clash but trains not running from Nuneaton to Leicester on the day which means relying on replacement bus service. Flying home at 2025 and if we use the bus we be doing well to make it to the airport for 745 which in my opinion is a little bit too close for comfort. If anyone knows of any other way to get to the match from the airport Id be very grateful. Cant stay over as fella with me cant miss work on the Monday
Advice needed on how to get Leicester match from Birmingham airport on 19:56 - Apr 6 with 3201 viewsstowmarketrange

Have you looked at car hire?It can't be that much for 1 day surely.Abd it isn't that far away.
Advice needed on how to get Leicester match from Birmingham airport on 19:57 - Apr 6 with 3197 viewsqprmeath

Will check again but I think it was about £80 sterling for a Ford Focus or something which is still a bit much between 3 of us. Might have to consider it.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2015 20:11]
Advice needed on how to get Leicester match from Birmingham airport on 20:15 - Apr 6 with 3175 viewsstowmarketrange

Advice needed on how to get Leicester match from Birmingham airport on 19:57 - Apr 6 by qprmeath

Will check again but I think it was about £80 sterling for a Ford Focus or something which is still a bit much between 3 of us. Might have to consider it.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2015 20:11]

Rentalcars.com have a small car for 1 day from the airport at £34.
Advice needed on how to get Leicester match from Birmingham airport on 20:17 - Apr 6 with 3174 viewsderbyhoop

Could try Birmingham intnl to new street, then Derby. Pick up an East Midlands trains service heading south. I think they all call at Leicester.

Check with Nationalrail.co.uk

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Advice needed on how to get Leicester match from Birmingham airport on 20:33 - Apr 6 with 3141 viewsstowmarketrange

Advice needed on how to get Leicester match from Birmingham airport on 20:17 - Apr 6 by derbyhoop

Could try Birmingham intnl to new street, then Derby. Pick up an East Midlands trains service heading south. I think they all call at Leicester.

Check with Nationalrail.co.uk

The train via Derby gets in at the same time as the bus to Nuneaton and train to the airport but is £85 instead of the £41 for all 3 of them direct from Brum.
Advice needed on how to get Leicester match from Birmingham airport on 20:56 - Apr 6 with 3119 viewsderbyhoop

Hadn't checked. Just relying on local knowledge. Crap deal that.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Advice needed on how to get Leicester match from Birmingham airport on 21:07 - Apr 6 with 3092 viewsstowmarketrange

Advice needed on how to get Leicester match from Birmingham airport on 20:56 - Apr 6 by derbyhoop

Hadn't checked. Just relying on local knowledge. Crap deal that.

It doesn't sound very fair does it?The bus only adds about 20 mins to each journey anyway.
Advice needed on how to get Leicester match from Birmingham airport on 08:35 - Apr 7 with 2933 viewsqprmeath

I see a company advertising taxi fare for £38 so maybe I could get there by train/bus and taxi back?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024