Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shelvey's disallowed goal 18:37 - Apr 11 with 6908 viewsbermudajack

Why? It looked clean to me?? 😳😳😳

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Shelvey's disallowed goal on 12:50 - Apr 12 with 1904 viewsHighjack

I didnt really have a good look at the incident as the sun was reflecting off Robertos baldy head straight into my eyes.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Shelvey's disallowed goal on 22:01 - Apr 12 with 1759 viewsunion_jack

I just replied to a thread in here who in turn had replied to Tummer's earlier post on Tim Howard and the possibility of him saving it.

Have to say, the poster (not Tums) was 'frightfully rude' so was it removed along my reply to it?

Anyone?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Shelvey's disallowed goal on 10:12 - Apr 13 with 1634 viewsUxbridge

Must admit I've rarely seen such a snidey bunch of horrors as Everton on Saturday. When they weren't attempting to wind up Shelvey they were chucking themselves to the floor, in the face of the referee, niggling little fouls, wasting time and generally showing a distinct lack of class. Terrible stuff really. I'm sure Stoke will eclipse them next up as they usually do, but they've set a high bar.

As for the game, I thought at the time Routs fouled him but I was wrong and the goal should have stood ... no way was Howard getting to that. The penalty was as stonewall as it gets ... idiot FB falls over under little to no pressure assuming the ref will give a free kick as they usually do, handles the ball because he assumes it's a FK and gets called out for it. I'm all for stupidity being punished. Surprised how little mention there's been of Kone who probably should have seen red for elbowing Fernandez, and definitely should have had a second yellow later on.

As for Martinez, I'm disappointed. The boy could have been something special if he stayed here. As it stands, he's looking a bit of a shambles. Their fans want him gone too.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Shelvey's disallowed goal on 10:27 - Apr 13 with 1616 viewsmonmouth

Shelvey's disallowed goal on 10:12 - Apr 13 by Uxbridge

Must admit I've rarely seen such a snidey bunch of horrors as Everton on Saturday. When they weren't attempting to wind up Shelvey they were chucking themselves to the floor, in the face of the referee, niggling little fouls, wasting time and generally showing a distinct lack of class. Terrible stuff really. I'm sure Stoke will eclipse them next up as they usually do, but they've set a high bar.

As for the game, I thought at the time Routs fouled him but I was wrong and the goal should have stood ... no way was Howard getting to that. The penalty was as stonewall as it gets ... idiot FB falls over under little to no pressure assuming the ref will give a free kick as they usually do, handles the ball because he assumes it's a FK and gets called out for it. I'm all for stupidity being punished. Surprised how little mention there's been of Kone who probably should have seen red for elbowing Fernandez, and definitely should have had a second yellow later on.

As for Martinez, I'm disappointed. The boy could have been something special if he stayed here. As it stands, he's looking a bit of a shambles. Their fans want him gone too.

That sums up my thoughts about them too. I think they've always chucked themselves down in and around the box (they've scored two free kicks against us at the lib by doing that); now they do it all over the field.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Shelvey's disallowed goal on 10:37 - Apr 13 with 1599 viewsUxbridge

Shelvey's disallowed goal on 10:27 - Apr 13 by monmouth

That sums up my thoughts about them too. I think they've always chucked themselves down in and around the box (they've scored two free kicks against us at the lib by doing that); now they do it all over the field.

Indeed. On the plus side I've spent an enjoyable weekend poking fun at the quite surprising amount of everton fans around here. They're the very definition of deluded.

Shelvey's disallowed goal on 10:51 - Apr 13 with 1584 viewsJackSomething

Shelvey's disallowed goal on 10:37 - Apr 13 by Uxbridge

Indeed. On the plus side I've spent an enjoyable weekend poking fun at the quite surprising amount of everton fans around here. They're the very definition of deluded.

Apparently they're not the only ones:

http://www.football365.com/faves/9799854/F365-Says

Everton were incisive in their attacking play and would have cruised home without Coleman's handball apparently. I especially like the suggestion that Everton's 6 corners (to our three) showed they had more attacking intent.

No mention of a wrongly disallowed goal, Kone not being sent off, Gomis being injured early, etc... I imagine they didn't fit the narrative of the article that Everton are bouncing back (now their season is effectively over).
[Post edited 13 Apr 2015 10:52]

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Shelvey's disallowed goal on 10:53 - Apr 13 with 1571 viewsUxbridge

Shelvey's disallowed goal on 10:51 - Apr 13 by JackSomething

Apparently they're not the only ones:

http://www.football365.com/faves/9799854/F365-Says

Everton were incisive in their attacking play and would have cruised home without Coleman's handball apparently. I especially like the suggestion that Everton's 6 corners (to our three) showed they had more attacking intent.

No mention of a wrongly disallowed goal, Kone not being sent off, Gomis being injured early, etc... I imagine they didn't fit the narrative of the article that Everton are bouncing back (now their season is effectively over).
[Post edited 13 Apr 2015 10:52]

Blimey. I guess some see what they want to see. I agreed with Murphy's comment on MOTD ... a game where both sides had spells of dominance and where a draw was fair enough.

Shelvey's disallowed goal on 11:15 - Apr 13 with 1549 viewsDull1Thomas

Nice strike by Shelvey but the whistle could clearly be heard before the ball reached him and their 'keeper had 'stood down'.
Had the whistle not been blown it may have resulted in a goal or not.
I though Routledge caught the player slightly late and they not always given, but this time it was and the ref blew.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Login to get fewer ads

Shelvey's disallowed goal on 11:23 - Apr 13 with 1541 viewsJackSomething

Shelvey's disallowed goal on 11:15 - Apr 13 by Dull1Thomas

Nice strike by Shelvey but the whistle could clearly be heard before the ball reached him and their 'keeper had 'stood down'.
Had the whistle not been blown it may have resulted in a goal or not.
I though Routledge caught the player slightly late and they not always given, but this time it was and the ref blew.

I was at the opposite end of the ground and could see Oliver had given a free kick as Shelvey hit it.

Having watched it back later, Baines bought the free kick and I'm not convinced there was any contact, let alone enough to make him go down.

It didn't matter if Howard knew it was a free kick, most keepers instinctively make the save anyway. The shot was over his head and in before he could move, no way he would have saved it. Watch the highlights, Howard appeals after the ball is in the net, not the actions of a man who knows it's a free kick.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Shelvey's disallowed goal on 11:30 - Apr 13 with 1530 viewsmonmouth

Shelvey's disallowed goal on 11:23 - Apr 13 by JackSomething

I was at the opposite end of the ground and could see Oliver had given a free kick as Shelvey hit it.

Having watched it back later, Baines bought the free kick and I'm not convinced there was any contact, let alone enough to make him go down.

It didn't matter if Howard knew it was a free kick, most keepers instinctively make the save anyway. The shot was over his head and in before he could move, no way he would have saved it. Watch the highlights, Howard appeals after the ball is in the net, not the actions of a man who knows it's a free kick.

Did Shelvey hear the whistle I wonder? At the risk of being called a hermaphrodite by Football 2301 or whatever JJS friend is called, those are a lot easier to hit when you know it doesn't matter if you put it over the stand.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Shelvey's disallowed goal on 15:21 - Apr 13 with 1425 viewsDanielswan

It was a foul, a little one .. but it was there.

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Shelvey's disallowed goal on 20:44 - Apr 13 with 1350 viewsLeonisGod

Shelvey's disallowed goal on 11:23 - Apr 13 by JackSomething

Only just got round to seeing it back, and all you've said is spot on imo. I've had to watch it back loads of times, so I can understand the ref getting it wrong. But Baines just got to the ball first, but was going down and trailing a leg to buy the free kick. Quite harsh to give that as a foul. Jonjo hit it at exactly the same time the whistle went and no way Howard was getting anywhere near it. Think Danny Murphy had it spot on when he said it was harshly ruled out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024