Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread 08:48 - Apr 18 with 34217 viewsAndy1300

Not seen one yet so thought I would start one

V

Number 1 team in Wales

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 18:42 - Apr 18 with 2974 viewsjackrabbit

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 17:53 - Apr 18 by Darran

Well we're eighth because we've had superb results throughout the season.
It might be worth pointing out to them that's where they might be going wrong.

Of course. It was just an observation on today's insipid performance.
Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 18:45 - Apr 18 with 2970 viewsJokeren1943

Boring boring Swansea.

Fine defensively but offensively Swansea are more boring to watch then Arsenal in the 90s.
Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 18:47 - Apr 18 with 2940 viewsDarran

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 18:45 - Apr 18 by Jokeren1943

Boring boring Swansea.

Fine defensively but offensively Swansea are more boring to watch then Arsenal in the 90s.

You should have watched Swansea in the 90s instead.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 19:16 - Apr 18 with 2862 viewsdantheswansman

Answer - Need a quality striker a,s,a,p, - The End ...
Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 19:25 - Apr 18 with 2821 viewsjojaca

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 18:15 - Apr 18 by Darran

Yeah you have a great night wondering.

Its a results that counts not style. But....we are boring to watch this season and I go into every game expecting the opposition to have more attempts on goal than us. Gary Monk has got the defensive core of the team right this season and I think the next transfer window we will see the attacking signings. Hopefully next season we will be better on the eye.

Even when you know, you never know?

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 19:57 - Apr 18 with 2729 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 08:52 - Apr 18 by dgt73

Apparently we have no chance today- Leicester are a team in form, so i keep on hearing and we have nothing to play for.........so I'm going for a 4-0 hammering for us today.

Half right

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 19:58 - Apr 18 with 2724 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 19:57 - Apr 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Half right

Which of course is a 100% improvement

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 20:11 - Apr 18 with 2684 viewsDull1Thomas

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 18:45 - Apr 18 by Jokeren1943

Boring boring Swansea.

Not much different from the rest of the season but you are not allowed to say that .
The only thing that disappointed me today was the inevitability of the performance.
Leicester have lacked goals this season and had a decent game against us at home - but they are (sorry were) bottom of the league for a reason.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Login to get fewer ads

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 20:13 - Apr 18 with 2678 viewsJokeren1943

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 19:25 - Apr 18 by jojaca

Its a results that counts not style. But....we are boring to watch this season and I go into every game expecting the opposition to have more attempts on goal than us. Gary Monk has got the defensive core of the team right this season and I think the next transfer window we will see the attacking signings. Hopefully next season we will be better on the eye.

But what kind of offensive players do Swansea lack to play a more offensive style of football. We have: Gomis, Gylfi, Shelvey, Ki, Montero, Routledge, Dyer.

Can't see Monk getting ride of that extra defensive/central midfielder for a extra winger (as Rogers or Laudrup did).
[Post edited 18 Apr 2015 20:15]
Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 20:23 - Apr 18 with 2644 viewsjackrabbit

Poor display today, but ..................it could be worse............a lot worse!

From the CCMB message-board

"Boring Boring Cardiff. Tedious beyond belief. How can they expect people to keep turning up to watch such dross?"
Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 22:51 - Apr 18 with 2376 viewsLord_Bony

F:ck it ... I'm off upstairs for a 70s disco and get pissed....dance baby,dance....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 22:58 - Apr 18 with 2361 viewstomdickharry

Just watched the Leicester first goal again on MOTD,hope Monk teaches Rangel how to head a ball this week in training,a Sunday League cenrte back Div.3 would have done better and I am not kidding,disgraceful attempt to even head the ball let alone clear it.
Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 23:17 - Apr 18 with 2337 viewsmax936

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 22:58 - Apr 18 by tomdickharry

Just watched the Leicester first goal again on MOTD,hope Monk teaches Rangel how to head a ball this week in training,a Sunday League cenrte back Div.3 would have done better and I am not kidding,disgraceful attempt to even head the ball let alone clear it.

I stayed in on a rather nice afternoon only to watch us do what I expected and that was to surrender to a team that were desperate for the points, much like we always do and there's no excuses we were shame full, having again allowed ourselves to be pressured and bullied, until we change that mind set, its always gonna be the same.
I didn't expect anything else to be honest, but Im fuking annoyed that we're allow it to happen over and over again.
Time we got some steel and wised up.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 00:53 - Apr 19 with 2243 viewsDull1Thomas

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 22:58 - Apr 18 by tomdickharry

None of our players are able to head competently at this level.
I've even looked at http://www.whoscored.com pages and they don't mention a single player as being good in the air!
My question over their first goal was why did Cork run into Rangel rather than defending beyond him and seeing it again on tv it looked to me like Cork didn't just run into Rangel but got him caught between Cork and the Leicester player.
And why not have a player on the post when defending a free kick just outside the penalty area?

None of that takes away from the fact that Leicester took us apart and with better finishing could have won by 4 or 5.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 08:39 - Apr 19 with 2162 viewsStarsky

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 17:21 - Apr 18 by Starsky

... Nah, I'm not going to answer that one...

Sky were right... We were going to be cannon fodder all week

Leicester had far too much spirit..

Emnes has never ever created anything since he's been here, he doesn't look up see.

Monk is one dimensional and he wasn't a very good player either

The diamond doesn't work

We've only played 3 decent games all season

Finishing 8th isn't important when the football is shyte

Although when we're playing well like against Spurs, apparently it's the results that matter.

This either means our fans are never happy or

You can't please all the people all the time or...

There are too many happy clappers..

Thank god there's an election coming up to take our mind off this crappy season.

I need a drink. I'm writing before I think now.

I've had a drink and a good sleep, on the couch and I'm ok again.

I can't begin to tell you how the defeat at Leicester upset me. I feckin hate Leicester and their manager whose posture and demeanour reminds me of one of the water rats on Wind in the Willows.

All fecking week the media had us as lambs to the slaughter and to my disappointment, they were right.

Monk said in his post match interview that we were outfought. I thought the Swansea City of the last 10 years were the club that fought back against all the odds.
We knew that they were going to come at us and we didn't/couldn't/wouldn't match that.

That's down to Monk and his leaders on the pitch. We weren't up for it and we should have been.

The travelling fans don't deserve that.

I can't even believe I recently started a thread to rally the troops on here for a Europa league qualification assault.

I'm just going to play my 8 track cassette version of On the Beach by Chris Rea, then going for breakfast.

Season over, thanks for the limp finale.

It's just the internet, init.

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 09:08 - Apr 19 with 2128 viewsmonmouth

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 08:39 - Apr 19 by Starsky

I can't begin to tell you how the defeat at Leicester upset me. I feckin hate Leicester and their manager whose posture and demeanour reminds me of one of the water rats on Wind in the Willows.

All fecking week the media had us as lambs to the slaughter and to my disappointment, they were right.

Monk said in his post match interview that we were outfought. I thought the Swansea City of the last 10 years were the club that fought back against all the odds.
We knew that they were going to come at us and we didn't/couldn't/wouldn't match that.

That's down to Monk and his leaders on the pitch. We weren't up for it and we should have been.

I can't even believe I recently started a thread to rally the troops on here for a Europa league qualification assault.

I'm just going to play my 8 track cassette version of On the Beach by Chris Rea, then going for breakfast.

Aye but I hate QPR more, and Leicester did show enormous courage when they were ahead fair play, so I can't get too lathered up. A slight mental edge sometimes makes all of the difference (life is more important than lunch).

I still think Monk has Stoke lined up as the 'big one' where the 'record' (how I'm sick of that sh1t) will be broken at home. I'm real glad I'm not trekking to Newky. Someone said if you are just go out on the town and sack off the match and I think that might be good advice.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 09:41 - Apr 19 with 2097 viewsWarwickHunt

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 08:39 - Apr 19 by Starsky

MOTD said they couldn't make out whether he said outfought or out thought.

And annuva fing ...
Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 10:02 - Apr 19 with 2069 viewsexiledclaseboy

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 09:41 - Apr 19 by WarwickHunt

MOTD said they couldn't make out whether he said outfought or out thought.

And annuva fing ...

And now we're making fun of Monk's diction. Finally reached rock bottom.

Poll: Tory leader

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 10:15 - Apr 19 with 2054 viewsperchrockjack

My sister was sent to elocution as my mum said her accent made her sound common and she wouldn't meet a nice young man and get married.

I didn't go, I went to music lessons instead.

Anyway, not long to go for the end of season maelstrom where Monk will be torn to shreds and net experts will put forward the name of the new leader.

We finish top ten, having been there all season and ITS BORING... if it is, we truly are destined to be small time tin pot with people with attitudes like that.

Entertainment? What the feck has that to do with football. Your team is your club ,your everything about your home town.

Id rather be bored in top ten prem league than my local club which is facing ignominy in the Conference.

I d go further in saying MYABE we really don't deserve to be where we are given the utter apathy evident in some of our home games, morgue like, people leaving 15 min from time, and apparently showing little spunk for the fight.

A crowd can be on a beach too

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 10:16 - Apr 19 with 2054 viewsWarwickHunt

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 10:02 - Apr 19 by exiledclaseboy

And now we're making fun of Monk's diction. Finally reached rock bottom.

Blame the lovely Gabby. It did make me laugh though...

#prayforme

Edit: aye aye - dailew's filled his colouring book up...
[Post edited 19 Apr 2015 11:06]
Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 10:22 - Apr 19 with 2040 viewsDr_Winston

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 10:15 - Apr 19 by perchrockjack

My sister was sent to elocution as my mum said her accent made her sound common and she wouldn't meet a nice young man and get married.

I didn't go, I went to music lessons instead.

Anyway, not long to go for the end of season maelstrom where Monk will be torn to shreds and net experts will put forward the name of the new leader.

We finish top ten, having been there all season and ITS BORING... if it is, we truly are destined to be small time tin pot with people with attitudes like that.

Entertainment? What the feck has that to do with football. Your team is your club ,your everything about your home town.

Id rather be bored in top ten prem league than my local club which is facing ignominy in the Conference.

I d go further in saying MYABE we really don't deserve to be where we are given the utter apathy evident in some of our home games, morgue like, people leaving 15 min from time, and apparently showing little spunk for the fight.

A crowd can be on a beach too

What the f*ck has entertainment got to do with football?

You truly embarass yourself sometimes. Well, most of the time if we're being honest, but now and again you surpass even yourself.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 10:36 - Apr 19 with 2018 viewsperchrockjack

Not embarrassed at all Jobbie, no more than you are with your constant arrogance and love of limpid Luke Moore.

Embarrasing is what you are when you come up with what you do .

See a username and pounce.

Anyway, as I was alluding to.

Entertainment? Well, I d rather my team, that s our team make us proud and that means staying in the Prem by whatever means suit. If that means a diamond ,an opal or a sterling silver formation I don't give a shite. Results, its all about results not how entertaining a team is- no prizes for that. Incredible I know.

Im sure there s entertaining teams in the League of Wales but not that's not for me.

Try to give an opinion free from sniping bitterness. Its embarrassing.

Entertainment? You can do it yourself really and cheaply to ,at home.

Nope, its business for me. SWANSEA CITY top ten Prem League.

Ill leave you to it, son

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Leicester City V Swansea City match day thread on 10:56 - Apr 19 with 1991 viewsmax936

Had a nights sleep and Im still pissed off, hope we can turn up next week against the Nuke's, Stoke ain't gonna be easy the week after either, with Arsenal, Citeh and Palace up after those games 50 plus points look some distance away, at least we've got enough points on the board I suppose

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024