Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser 09:36 - May 14 with 9749 viewsNorthernr

That, and the QPR manager's opinions on Gareth Bale to come from 9.45 ish.

Whatever happens we have to try and redress the performance of last week. We have to make sure our home fans see that was a blip. We also have to make sure the integrity of the Premier League is in consideration, for the other teams at the bottom of the league we have to go all the way and make sure everybody gets a fair crack of staying up or going down.

:-I

Sandro not available this weekend. Still negotiating. He's one of them illegals innit.

Still negotiating about managerial position. Announcement in the next week or so, nothing 100%. Hoping to be in charge next season.

Haven't spoken in depth with Tony for a couple of weeks. They've told me we'll make an announcement within the next week. Hoping it's going to be me.

Things change all the time in football. (get that man a drum). I'm hopeful, but no pen to paper.

The way managers are appointed... as far as I know there hasn't been an interview process.

Fck me hope you're not looking in on this for encouragement.

The players have responded well to me being here. We've competed in most of the games we've played in which shows I can take the club forwards. We have a long term vision for the club, putting down stable footings for the long term, and that makes me ideal for this job.

We didn't want to lose 6-0...

... but the way the players have responded in general the fans have been quite pleased. We've shot ourselves in the foot by losing five or six games in the last minute. One of those seasons where the players have pout their best foot forward but haven't been good enough.

Les and I are talking about who might be retained. Have to see what the players think about their own future. We have to plan for the future, but also bear in mind we have two games that affect where teams end up at the end of the season.

The club is forward planning, if it is me it's better to start the negotiations early with the players. Whether it's me or not, Les has a job to build the club up for the future.

There have been issues with players, we dealt with them at the time. These things happen, unfortunately our dirty laundry has come out. We draw a line under it and move on. What I can say is that there were problems of a similar nature (to those with Vargas) that we dealt with. The players have not been available to be picked subsequently.

I expect them to be here because they;'re under contract. Do I want them here? Only if they're fit and ready to play.

Over the course of a season you can't pinpont players and say we've been relegated because of you. A limited squad to pick from contributes to a negative period as you have to play players who are off form or injured, who you wouldn't have picked if you had a broader squad. Wouldn't blame them as individuals, but would say we haven't had the services of everybody in the 25 and it's hampered our chances.

Zarate loan ending. Got an injury, possibly long term. Haven't discussed him returning to the club.

Will play strongest available players. Won't be throwing the youth team in. We have pride ourselves, there's an obligation to play well in front of our home fans. The players want to address that performance last week.

Goalscorers at a premium, people always want them, we understand people will try their best to get Charlie. Good pro, shown his worth, we want to keep him, the remaining few weeks we'll show what people think he's worth and what he's worth to the club.

People's champion Wally Downes...

The Sandro situation was a blow, he's a big player for us. I was confident the players would perform. The Joey interview didn't have any bearing on the game. Don't think Joey did anything wrong. Even though we didn't perform as we have been doing, you have to realise Man City have done that to teams of higher status than us. On their day they can do that to most teams.

Adel, Armand Traore... Not noticed any adverse reaction. They need to get themselves fit for the last two games and if not they have a year left on contracts and need to come back in pre-season in correct condition to be part of the squad for next year.

Rob Green has been in world class form this year.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 22:56 - May 15 with 943 viewsgobbles

Chris Ramsey, financial expert, being repeatedly asked about FFP - presser on 21:55 - May 15 by Pommyhoop

“If you look at Clint Hill, Richard Dunne, Bobby Zamora, Rob Green, Joey, even Karl Henry, they’re all 30 and above and they have always been ready to play week-in week-out,''

I reckon the original article might of been about older players at QPR but the journo saw an angle and went for it. Easy media trick.

Apart from the fact that there are three paragraphs specifically about SWP
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024