Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? 13:28 - Aug 30 with 13399 viewsTheBlob

After that day release from the care home outburst from Brendan Foster who proclaimed Mo Farrah knocks everyone else(including Bobby Charlton apparently) into a cocked hat - it's time for your views and choices.
Well it ain't Mo,doesn't hold world records like Coe and Ovett did.And it sure as hell ain't Beckham.
I'm going for Steve Redgrave.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 13:37 - Aug 30 with 6258 viewsHollowayRanger

for me they need to be born and bred here

and its not a colour thing felt same about that tennis player from Canada and that new one will picked up from east Europe

for me its impossible to pick a single person lewis Hamilton could be great driver ever

but mine would be botham

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 13:43 - Aug 30 with 6200 viewsWilloW4

Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 13:37 - Aug 30 by HollowayRanger

and its not a colour thing felt same about that tennis player from Canada and that new one will picked up from east Europe

for me its impossible to pick a single person lewis Hamilton could be great driver ever

but mine would be botham

Lewis Hamilton isn't a sportsperson Holloway... He drives a car.!
Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 13:45 - Aug 30 with 6134 viewsHayesender

Daley Thompson would be right up there on my list.

And Bobby Zamora

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 13:46 - Aug 30 with 6127 viewssexton

Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 13:37 - Aug 30 by HollowayRanger

but mine would be botham

Harsh. Rules out Ted Dexter and Wiggo.
Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 13:48 - Aug 30 with 6108 viewsHayesender

Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 13:46 - Aug 30 by sexton

Harsh. Rules out Ted Dexter and Wiggo.

And Cliff Richard

Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 13:53 - Aug 30 with 6073 viewsWilloW4

Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 13:45 - Aug 30 by Hayesender

And Bobby Zamora

My brother went to college with Daley Thompson in Hammersmith back in the day, he is a nice bloke by all accounts... My cousin Sarah saw him on the TV recently and said " he looks well"... Another way of her saying.." I would".
Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 13:55 - Aug 30 with 6053 viewsJamie

Jim Clark.
Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 14:06 - Aug 30 with 6012 viewsHollowayRanger

Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 13:45 - Aug 30 by Hayesender

And Bobby Zamora

I was tempted to say Daley massive hero but how many did he compeat against back then same with Coe, went with Botham as he could bat bowl and catch with the very best for a good 10 years But I doubt if he really was our greatest

as for Lewis motorsport is er a sport not one I like mind

but id never pick mo or anyone else who wasn't born here ,what mo could be is the worlds greatest if he adds a world record

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 14:10 - Aug 30 with 5994 views2Thomas2Bowles

This is what's wrong with Briton today, no bloody idea.. The answer is.....

Stan Bowles

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 14:21 - Aug 30 with 5948 viewsTW_R

Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 14:06 - Aug 30 by HollowayRanger

I was tempted to say Daley massive hero but how many did he compeat against back then same with Coe, went with Botham as he could bat bowl and catch with the very best for a good 10 years But I doubt if he really was our greatest

as for Lewis motorsport is er a sport not one I like mind

but id never pick mo or anyone else who wasn't born here ,what mo could be is the worlds greatest if he adds a world record

So what about children born to British servicemen while stationed abroad? Would they get counted in your obscure world?

Lewis Hamilton isn't even the best ever British racing driver, let alone best sportsman.
Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 14:25 - Aug 30 with 5935 viewsheadhoops

Four words

Phil 'the Power' Taylor
Anyone who can play their sport in a pub with their mates wins hands down..
Redgrave
McCoy
Thompson

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 14:25 - Aug 30 with 5935 viewsPommyhoop

The Master.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 14:26 - Aug 30 with 5933 viewsHollowayRanger

Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 14:21 - Aug 30 by TW_R

So what about children born to British servicemen while stationed abroad? Would they get counted in your obscure world?

Lewis Hamilton isn't even the best ever British racing driver, let alone best sportsman.

Children born to a soldier who is on an overseas posting are not automatically born British unless one of their parents is British. Families have to spend £673 to register the child as a British citizen. Children of Foreign & Commonwealth (F&C) parents born in the UK are automatically born British; therefore this expense is not incurred.

Listen to the band play!

Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 14:27 - Aug 30 with 5927 viewsbarabajagal

Phil Taylor
Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 14:28 - Aug 30 with 5913 viewsTW_R

Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 14:26 - Aug 30 by HollowayRanger

Children born to a soldier who is on an overseas posting are not automatically born British unless one of their parents is British. Families have to spend £673 to register the child as a British citizen. Children of Foreign & Commonwealth (F&C) parents born in the UK are automatically born British; therefore this expense is not incurred.

Very interesting but you haven't answered the question. So if one of the parents is British it's OK?
Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 14:32 - Aug 30 with 5892 viewsbarabajagal

Or...

Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 14:36 - Aug 30 with 5873 viewsw7r

Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 14:25 - Aug 30 by Pommyhoop

The Master.

Ahhhhh, the fine specimen that is Bob Nudd.
Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 14:40 - Aug 30 with 5851 viewsQPR1980

Eddie the eagle get's my vote.....
Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 14:41 - Aug 30 with 5843 viewsWilloW4

Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 14:25 - Aug 30 by Pommyhoop

The Master.

Who was it that said the English are great at sport, as long as they're sitting down?
Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 14:42 - Aug 30 with 5845 viewsTheBlob

What was I thinking?

Of course.....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 14:48 - Aug 30 with 5818 viewsHollowayRanger

Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 14:28 - Aug 30 by TW_R

Very interesting but you haven't answered the question. So if one of the parents is British it's OK?

yea your right I didn't as its a Pandora's box

however if I had to go one way or the other id say no as they were not born here

naturally they can get a uk passport like everyone does that comes here , including my mum but id always see my mum as being Irish as that's where she was born and not British

Listen to the band play!

Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 14:52 - Aug 30 with 5805 viewsscot1963

David Hemery was always my own personal favourite sportsman and and after thinking about it that hasn't changed. I suppose it depends on how you define best ever, whether it is the amount of medals or wins or whatever, but he seemed to epitomise what a true sportsman should be that you don't see so much of any more
Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 14:55 - Aug 30 with 5783 viewsMatch82

Would echo the above votes for redgrave, followed closely by Thompson
Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 14:59 - Aug 30 with 5771 viewsHollowayRanger

Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 14:55 - Aug 30 by Match82

Would echo the above votes for redgrave, followed closely by Thompson

redgraves a good shout sure not too many oppenents but to be top dog for what was it 5 olympics

Listen to the band play!

Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 15:05 - Aug 30 with 5747 viewsHayesender

Britain's Best Ever Sportsperson? on 14:48 - Aug 30 by HollowayRanger

yea your right I didn't as its a Pandora's box

however if I had to go one way or the other id say no as they were not born here

naturally they can get a uk passport like everyone does that comes here , including my mum but id always see my mum as being Irish as that's where she was born and not British

There was a bit of commentary from the London Olympics where Steve Cram I think it was says something along the line of Mo Farah is showing the east Africans how it's done.

Mo Farah is east African ffs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024