Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done bundesliga fans 19:54 - Aug 31 with 11075 viewsSwanzay

German football fans welcome refugees and invite hundreds to watch match

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11834636/German-football-fans-welcome-
[Post edited 31 Aug 2015 19:56]
Well done bundesliga fans on 14:12 - Sep 2 with 1400 viewsFlashberryjack

Well done bundesliga fans on 13:30 - Sep 2 by yescomeon

I in no way imply that their methods are palatable but they kept stability. Iraq and Lybia are now actually hotbeds for terrorism and Lybia is now the gateway to Europe.

Funny you should say that actually, the people of Iceland are doing just that

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-09-01/thousands-of-icelanders-offer-to-take-syrian-

Well done to Iceland I say....and well done to Saddam and Gaddafi for keeping those countries stable for so long, until Britain and the Americans stuck their noses in.
Just a thought......besides the women and children, there seems to be hell of a lot of young fit Syrians men fleeing, what if we gave them weapons to go back and defend their country rather than run away... maybe they could even defeat IS, then they could all go back home and everyone would be happy.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Well done bundesliga fans on 14:14 - Sep 2 with 1391 viewsyescomeon

Well done bundesliga fans on 14:12 - Sep 2 by Flashberryjack

Well done to Iceland I say....and well done to Saddam and Gaddafi for keeping those countries stable for so long, until Britain and the Americans stuck their noses in.
Just a thought......besides the women and children, there seems to be hell of a lot of young fit Syrians men fleeing, what if we gave them weapons to go back and defend their country rather than run away... maybe they could even defeat IS, then they could all go back home and everyone would be happy.

Would certainly be preferable to giving weapons to ISIS

Upthecity!

Well done bundesliga fans on 14:20 - Sep 2 with 1381 viewsBloodyhills

Well done bundesliga fans on 00:37 - Sep 2 by Darran

The bit that Germany are some shining light when it comes down to refugees,go read the news they're clearly starting to get frightened about being overrun with them.
They might have been happy in the past but it can't possibly go on for ever.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2015 0:39]

They are not a shining light but they are making a lot more effort than we are, at least some of the normal citizens are, rather than the Government. The thing is with Germany is that they have quite a long history of welcoming refugees, initially from the Eastern block and also have a long history of seeking workers from other countries, initially Greece Portugal Spain and later Turkey. They realised they needed these to make the economy work and so don't have such a closed mind to immigration.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Well done bundesliga fans on 14:37 - Sep 2 with 1363 viewsDarran

Well done bundesliga fans on 14:20 - Sep 2 by Bloodyhills

They are not a shining light but they are making a lot more effort than we are, at least some of the normal citizens are, rather than the Government. The thing is with Germany is that they have quite a long history of welcoming refugees, initially from the Eastern block and also have a long history of seeking workers from other countries, initially Greece Portugal Spain and later Turkey. They realised they needed these to make the economy work and so don't have such a closed mind to immigration.

Yes I'm sure we all agree with the past but now they're quiet obviously starting to worry about it

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Well done bundesliga fans on 18:28 - Sep 2 with 1299 viewsGlyn1

Has anyone at all got any sort of solution?

Anyway, here's a bit from today's Guardian about the numbers. We're not taking many people but are donating a lot of money.

"The numbers

More than 4 million refugees have fled Syria since the war there began in 2011. According to the UN’s refugee agency, almost 1.8 million have gone to Turkey, more than 600,000 to Jordan and 1 million to Lebanon — a country whose population is just 4 million.

On Monday, Angela Merkel said Germany expected to take at least 800,000 asylum seekers this year. The figure is likely to go up, and could hit 1 million, Berlin says. In 2014 the European nation that accepted the largest number of refugees in proportion to its population was Sweden. Hungary, Malta, Switzerland and 13 other countries accepted more asylum applications than the UK, according to Eurostat.

Between June 2014 and June 2015, the UK took 166 Syrian refugees. They were resettled from camps in Jordan and other neighbouring countries under a new government scheme. The “vulnerable persons” relocation initiative began in March 2014. Under it, the UK has taken 216 people. In June David Cameron said the scheme would be “modestly expanded”.

The Home Office says that since 2011 almost 5,000 Syrians including family members have been given asylum under normal procedures. However, the figure includes many Syrians who were already living in the UK, and who were unable to return home because of war. Britain is the second biggest bilateral donor of humanitarian aid. It has pledged £900m, the Home Office says."

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Well done bundesliga fans on 18:34 - Sep 2 with 1296 viewsLeonisGod

If that's as it seems, then it's quite amazing. Too many scare-mongering UKIP / daily mail types for that to happen in the UK unfortunately. People are more worried that their holiday has been delayed by 3 hrs because some poor sod had walked for 2,000 miles for a better life.

I'd like to think we'd welcome them down here as people in S Wales seem to be more genuine than in any other place I've lived, but even so that's not a given.
Well done bundesliga fans on 19:07 - Sep 2 with 1280 viewsexiledclaseboy

Well done bundesliga fans on 00:26 - Sep 2 by Darran

I wonder why Merkel is talking about introducing border controls?

I'm sure people on here make things up just to suit their f*cking argument.

Yes you are. Merkel's point is that Germany is having to take a disproportionate number of refugees because much of the EU, including the UK, isn't pulling its weight. She's right too.

Poll: Tory leader

Well done bundesliga fans on 19:16 - Sep 2 with 1271 viewsdgt73

Well done bundesliga fans on 19:07 - Sep 2 by exiledclaseboy

Yes you are. Merkel's point is that Germany is having to take a disproportionate number of refugees because much of the EU, including the UK, isn't pulling its weight. She's right too.

Have you got a spare bedroom if so why don't you take one of these people in.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Login to get fewer ads

Well done bundesliga fans on 19:21 - Sep 2 with 1266 viewsDarran

And I agree with you I wasn't saying anything different but it does prove the point that an individual country can only take so many.

Well done bundesliga fans on 19:23 - Sep 2 with 1263 viewsexiledclaseboy

Well done bundesliga fans on 19:21 - Sep 2 by Darran

And I agree with you I wasn't saying anything different but it does prove the point that an individual country can only take so many.

Of course. I don't think anyone's said any different to be fair.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2015 19:23]

Well done bundesliga fans on 19:45 - Sep 2 with 1233 viewsskippyjack

12% of the German population are immigrants
12% of the British population are immigrants

All you proclaimed 'saints' that want to help out 'billions' of 'apparent' starving people are delusional... the only logical and sane way to reduce poverty in 'proclaimed' 'poorer' 'war zone' countries is to reduce the birth rate.. supplying them with educational classes on the 'dangers' and 'catastrophic' life experiences the 10 children they're about to conceive will endure.. condoms and sex education is vital to stop poverty.

Or we could just eradicate money.. which isn't going to happen..

You'll probably call me all the names under the sun.. but my solution is the only rational and plausible solution to reduce poverty.. a bit of educated 'communism' isn't a bad idea for poorer countries.. 2 kids maxium.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Well done bundesliga fans on 19:57 - Sep 2 with 1220 viewsexiledclaseboy

Well done bundesliga fans on 19:45 - Sep 2 by skippyjack

12% of the German population are immigrants
12% of the British population are immigrants

All you proclaimed 'saints' that want to help out 'billions' of 'apparent' starving people are delusional... the only logical and sane way to reduce poverty in 'proclaimed' 'poorer' 'war zone' countries is to reduce the birth rate.. supplying them with educational classes on the 'dangers' and 'catastrophic' life experiences the 10 children they're about to conceive will endure.. condoms and sex education is vital to stop poverty.

Or we could just eradicate money.. which isn't going to happen..

You'll probably call me all the names under the sun.. but my solution is the only rational and plausible solution to reduce poverty.. a bit of educated 'communism' isn't a bad idea for poorer countries.. 2 kids maxium.

But we're not talking about "immigrants" and "immigration" in those general terms, Skip. We're talking about the current refugee crisis affecting Europe which has a very specific cause. It's a stone cold fact that Germany is taking a disproportionate number of these refugees and far, far more than the UK is. We're not talking about billions and we're not talking about starving Africans. We're talking about people fleeing war and persecution which the UK and Europe ( along with other countries of course) at least in part contributed to. No one on here is advocating unlimited and uncontrolled immigration. That would be madness.

Your suggested solution to starving people is sensible but simplistic and doesn't take into account the strong and historic religious and cultural factors at play.

You should have noted by now that I only call you names when you do it first. I mostly like to play nice.

Well done bundesliga fans on 20:01 - Sep 2 with 1209 viewsFlashberryjack

Well done bundesliga fans on 14:14 - Sep 2 by yescomeon

Would certainly be preferable to giving weapons to ISIS

But maybe IS would become the refugees, then if we give them weapons they could go back and.............

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Well done bundesliga fans on 20:02 - Sep 2 with 1207 viewsPozuelosSideys

Well done bundesliga fans on 19:57 - Sep 2 by exiledclaseboy

But we're not talking about "immigrants" and "immigration" in those general terms, Skip. We're talking about the current refugee crisis affecting Europe which has a very specific cause. It's a stone cold fact that Germany is taking a disproportionate number of these refugees and far, far more than the UK is. We're not talking about billions and we're not talking about starving Africans. We're talking about people fleeing war and persecution which the UK and Europe ( along with other countries of course) at least in part contributed to. No one on here is advocating unlimited and uncontrolled immigration. That would be madness.

Your suggested solution to starving people is sensible but simplistic and doesn't take into account the strong and historic religious and cultural factors at play.

You should have noted by now that I only call you names when you do it first. I mostly like to play nice.

To be fair, a lot of them are migrants and economic ones at that. Not refugees. Many with iphones, pairs of Nike Airmax and spending "hundreds of euros on train tickets to cross europe" - BBC quoted - sound like people in genuine need of help? Was flicking through the pictures on the BBC site amongst others and i was genuinely suprised at the luxury items many of them had - hell, id struggle to afford most of it.

I have no doubt a lot of the people are desperate. But every single one needs to be processed and assessed on the actual position they find themselves in. And still, i cannot understand why so many of them seem to be young, single men on their own.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Well done bundesliga fans on 20:02 - Sep 2 with 1203 viewslondonlisa2001

It may have helped the 10 kids situation of course if we hadn't been so keen on imposing our Western religion on large swathes of Africa. They wouldn't then be subjected to so many instructions that contraception is a bad thing and will cause them to go to hell.
Well done bundesliga fans on 20:04 - Sep 2 with 1198 viewsexiledclaseboy

Well done bundesliga fans on 20:02 - Sep 2 by londonlisa2001

It may have helped the 10 kids situation of course if we hadn't been so keen on imposing our Western religion on large swathes of Africa. They wouldn't then be subjected to so many instructions that contraception is a bad thing and will cause them to go to hell.

Indeed so. Infallible popes don't help either

Well done bundesliga fans on 20:06 - Sep 2 with 1187 viewsexiledclaseboy

Well done bundesliga fans on 20:02 - Sep 2 by PozuelosSideys

To be fair, a lot of them are migrants and economic ones at that. Not refugees. Many with iphones, pairs of Nike Airmax and spending "hundreds of euros on train tickets to cross europe" - BBC quoted - sound like people in genuine need of help? Was flicking through the pictures on the BBC site amongst others and i was genuinely suprised at the luxury items many of them had - hell, id struggle to afford most of it.

I have no doubt a lot of the people are desperate. But every single one needs to be processed and assessed on the actual position they find themselves in. And still, i cannot understand why so many of them seem to be young, single men on their own.

I completely agree that they should be assessed individually. Again, I and from what I can see no none else has suggested a free for all.

Well done bundesliga fans on 20:07 - Sep 2 with 1185 viewslonglostjack

Well done bundesliga fans on 19:16 - Sep 2 by dgt73

Have you got a spare bedroom if so why don't you take one of these people in.

ding it already in Germany and it's an idea that's catching on.
http://www.refugees-welcome.net

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Well done bundesliga fans on 20:19 - Sep 2 with 1163 viewsskippyjack

"No one on here is advocating unlimited and uncontrolled immigration. That would be madness"

But it is unlimited and it is uncontrolled.. it is madness!

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Well done bundesliga fans on 20:22 - Sep 2 with 1159 viewsexiledclaseboy

Well done bundesliga fans on 20:19 - Sep 2 by skippyjack

"No one on here is advocating unlimited and uncontrolled immigration. That would be madness"

But it is unlimited and it is uncontrolled.. it is madness!

It's neither I'm afraid. If it was we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Well done bundesliga fans on 20:23 - Sep 2 with 1154 viewsskippyjack

Well done bundesliga fans on 20:22 - Sep 2 by exiledclaseboy

It's neither I'm afraid. If it was we wouldn't be having this conversation.

god you're clueless.

Well done bundesliga fans on 20:24 - Sep 2 with 1154 viewsDarran

Well done bundesliga fans on 20:04 - Sep 2 by exiledclaseboy

Indeed so. Infallible popes don't help either

Oh Bono.

Well done bundesliga fans on 20:29 - Sep 2 with 1150 viewslonglostjack

Well done bundesliga fans on 20:23 - Sep 2 by skippyjack

god you're clueless.

Might be worth reading this before accusing people of being clueless Skippy.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/02/refugees-welcome-uk-germany-compare

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Well done bundesliga fans on 20:30 - Sep 2 with 1143 viewsskippyjack

Well done bundesliga fans on 20:29 - Sep 2 by longlostjack

Might be worth reading this before accusing people of being clueless Skippy.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/02/refugees-welcome-uk-germany-compare

god you're clueless

Well done bundesliga fans on 20:37 - Sep 2 with 1130 viewsexiledclaseboy

Well done bundesliga fans on 20:23 - Sep 2 by skippyjack

god you're clueless.

And there you go. Can't help the insults.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024