Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done bundesliga fans 19:54 - Aug 31 with 11074 viewsSwanzay

German football fans welcome refugees and invite hundreds to watch match

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11834636/German-football-fans-welcome-
[Post edited 31 Aug 2015 19:56]
Well done bundesliga fans on 12:31 - Sep 3 with 1167 viewsMillJack

Well done bundesliga fans on 09:13 - Sep 3 by perchrockjack

pp

I don't need your help thanks but perhaps you could answer my question which is basically why islamist countries are not those they are getting into.

Its a fair question and all the statisticalt shite in the world doesn't change that.

Stats and refugees seems to be rather a skewed thing.

Sorry , but not sure thousands of refugees will help us in this country.

We do want to help ourselves don't we?

"...perhaps you could answer my question which is basically why islamist countries are not those they are getting into."

It's already been answered, you've just chosen to ignore the stats you've been given. As per usual.
Well done bundesliga fans on 12:33 - Sep 3 with 1160 viewsperchrockjack

I mill jack.

I was questioning how many Russia was taking.

Stats eh

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Well done bundesliga fans on 12:37 - Sep 3 with 1146 viewsJackSomething

Well done bundesliga fans on 12:33 - Sep 3 by perchrockjack

I mill jack.

Stats eh

Forget the stats Perch, just take a look at the widely available pictures of the drowned young boy washed up on a beach. Then maybe wonder if you still have a soul. Or working heart.

Or am I a bleeding-heart leftie for getting upset by images like that?
[Post edited 3 Sep 2015 12:37]

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Well done bundesliga fans on 12:45 - Sep 3 with 1132 viewsMillJack

Well done bundesliga fans on 12:33 - Sep 3 by perchrockjack

I mill jack.

Stats eh

What difference does it make how many Russia are taking?

We're not doing anywhere near enough. Other countries within the EU (and outside of it) are doing far more than we are. There are 3 year old children, and entire families, being washed up on beaches trying to flee their countries that are being ripped apart by war, poverty, etc. Problems which, in many cases, our government have played a part in creating.

As long as you're alright though eh? F*ck 'em.
Well done bundesliga fans on 12:54 - Sep 3 with 1126 viewsDarran

Russia aren't expected to take any it's a EU issue.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Well done bundesliga fans on 13:45 - Sep 3 with 1100 viewsNookiejack

Well done bundesliga fans on 10:54 - Sep 3 by yescomeon

Net migration has only once (possibly/probably ever) is the data I am looking at exceeded 300k and that was 2014, where it was 318k (those 18k people should not be ignored as it is a considerable amount of people but the government would no doubt be delighted if the net figure was 18k). It's been <100k for 7 of the last 24 years (all prior to 1998) >100k<200k for 7 of the last 24 years (1998-2003 & 2012) and >200k<300k for 8 of the last 24 years (2004-2013 excluding 2012). The point here is they are up and down, mostly up, but not 300k a year. It will be interesting to see the 2015 figure to see if the governments policy of ruining the country will deter the migrants. There a big jumps in 1997-1998 and 2003-2004, 48k-148k and 185k-268k respectively, after these jump the figure remained reasonably constant for a number of years after. There was a king of overall downward trend from from 2007-2012 (273k-177k) but in the two following years there was an almost exponential increase. Will be interesting to see whether it plateaus around 300k+ or if it dips again.

Had look to see what coincided with the jumps, the free movement in the EU has been about since its formation in 1992 [1], the there were a large number of ascensions to the EU in 2004 [2] and in 2007 Bulgaria and Romania ascended [2], for the latter 2 events there was a jump in net EU migrants 9k-87k and 104k-127k respectively, the first is significant the later less so. The breakdowns are averaged for the time of the first event but there was increases in net 1992-1993 and 1993-1994 which may be to do with the new EU citizens but the figures suggest net migration was more from elsewhere. Apart from 2007, 2012, 2013 & 2014 the EU figure have always been lower than the commonwealth figures, often considerably so. Net migration from outside of EU and the Commonwealth seems to have consistently been about a quarter of net.

What is interesting is that since the coalition camp to power commonwealth net as consistently decreased whilst EU net has consistently increased. I wonder what the reason for this is?

The reasons for staying recently are approximately: ~25% definate job, ~15% looking for work, ~15% accompanying, ~35% formal study, ~10% other. The majority of people migrating are students, who arguably shouldn't be included in the figures, reducing them by ~35%. Also, long term migrants are in these statistics counted as people moving to the UK for at least 1 year. About 45% of migrants stay between 1-2 years about 20% 3-4 years, ~25% 4+, the rest not sure. You could there for say that ~65% are not even fully moving over here.

There is a lot of scaremongering going on with immigration. Of course 300k a year permanently moving to the UK is not sustainable in any way shape or form, but that is not what is going on. The mean for the last 11 years is 245k 28.2% (10 year mean of 4+) of those, 69k, intended to stay for more than 4 years. It is still a large number but nowhere near 300k.

Another thing which seems to emerge looking at the stats is that even if you think the numbers were too high or not, Labour seemed to have managed to keep "control" of immigration better than the coalition. There was an initial jump which might be considered "ideological", there was a second jump in 2004, possibly due to the ascension of a large number of countries to the EU, but after these jumps the figures remained very consistent. Whereas the coalition wanted reduce immigration they were successful up until 2012, where they seem to have lost control of immigration, I wonder if their reasons may be economical?

source: http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/briefings/long-term-international-migra

[1] - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_movement_for_workers_in_the_European_Un

[2] - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union

Very interesting stats

I would think sudden spike is due to economic reasons - the rest of Europe stagnating whilst UK does have growth. Also perhaps strength of sterling as migrants can then earn sterling and get 'bigger bang for their buck' - if sending it to their families back in their home countries - or eventually planning to go home once they have made their money.

Probably points out fundamental issue of EU and a single market for labour - in that EU economies that do well - will most likely have large increases in population - which is not going to sit comfortably with people already living in these countries.
Well done bundesliga fans on 13:53 - Sep 3 with 1092 viewsperchrockjack

Its a humanitarian problem.

They are choosing the EU.

Well done bundesliga fans on 14:02 - Sep 3 with 1084 viewsMillJack

Well done bundesliga fans on 13:53 - Sep 3 by perchrockjack

Its a humanitarian problem.

They are choosing the EU.

You're spot on. They're choosing the EU (obviously ignoring the fact that over a million have gone to Lebanon) because we're seen as tolerant and welcoming. They obviously haven't been on this message board.
Login to get fewer ads

Well done bundesliga fans on 14:39 - Sep 3 with 1063 viewsperchrockjack

No because the East has a history of intollerance ,pure racism and corruption, which sums up mother Russia.

Plenty escaped from communist tyranny and were accepted by this country.

I have friends who escaped East German Stasi, Hungary 56 and dubcek attack so please do not accuse me of any lack of humanity or soul.

Dead bodies are never pleasant. I ve been to many to see them dumped into a body bag.

As before, don't everlasting higher moral ground

Well done bundesliga fans on 15:06 - Sep 3 with 1053 viewslovejuicejack

Well done bundesliga fans on 19:16 - Sep 2 by dgt73

Have you got a spare bedroom if so why don't you take one of these people in.

I've already signed up for this and I urge others to do the same
Well done bundesliga fans on 16:02 - Sep 3 with 1038 viewsAJ101

Well done bundesliga fans on 09:35 - Sep 3 by Nookiejack

I just took a look at UK population projections from attached Guardian article. It appears we are forecast to increase to 73m although could be between 68m and 78m.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/nov/06/uk-population.-increase-bir

It seems a lot of people as I think we were at 59m in 2000.

With regards to sustainability was thinking along the lines of can we produce enough energy and food for ourselves if had some sort of World crisis.

Well it's pretty easy to produce enough energy it just requires us building some more nuclear power stations we have the capabilities to do so it just goes back to the government being incompetent and worrying more about votes than the good of the country, it makes too much sense for the countries entire baseload demand to be satisfied by nuclear power and anything above that by other sources...

Foods going to be harder as population increases as we've already intensified most of our farming but unless there's a massive world crisis we're always going to be able to import food as we're 1) comparatively very rich and 2) just about have enough left of a Navy to protect our supply lines (plus several major exporters of food are very close allies).

Other things vital to the economy and daily living like oil imports are again helped by our wealth.

If there's jobs available 200k a year net immigration is sustainable in the medium term in my opinion and in fact can easily be argued that due to our population not naturally growing a huge amount (prediction of a 6% rise over 25 years mainly due to people living longer) will result in big issues in terms of tax revenue vs outgoing social costs for the elderly (pensions, medical care etc).

To answer someone the reason why net immigration from commonwealth countries vs EU changed when the government changed was I expect due to the new government greatly restricting the number of qualified professionals allowed in to the UK per year, I don't think Aussie bartenders count as qualified professionals but still :-)
Well done bundesliga fans on 16:50 - Sep 3 with 1010 viewsyescomeon

Well done bundesliga fans on 13:45 - Sep 3 by Nookiejack

Very interesting stats

I would think sudden spike is due to economic reasons - the rest of Europe stagnating whilst UK does have growth. Also perhaps strength of sterling as migrants can then earn sterling and get 'bigger bang for their buck' - if sending it to their families back in their home countries - or eventually planning to go home once they have made their money.

Probably points out fundamental issue of EU and a single market for labour - in that EU economies that do well - will most likely have large increases in population - which is not going to sit comfortably with people already living in these countries.

Just had another little look there. The big jump is 2013-2014, 6k more people left the country than the year before but 115k more came into the country than the year before which is clearly the reason for the huge jump. The share from the EU and Commonwealth went up by 4% and 1% receptively whilst the share of British (returning) and from the rest of the world went down by 1% and 3% respectively (percentages only add to 99% for 2013). More came from everywhere and less British left but the big jumps are inwards from the EU and Commonwealth +55k and +38k respectively, net. The numbers coming to study went down 4% whilst the numbers coming to look for work or with work already went up by 1% and 3% respectively. These are arguably the more "concerning" inward migrants.

My speculation (I emphasise speculation, I'm not sure I believe it myself) was that these people were allowed to enter the country to boost the economy and employment figures when the coalition realised that their austerity measures were actually harming the economy and they had an election coming up.

Upthecity!

Well done bundesliga fans on 17:21 - Sep 3 with 996 viewsperchrockjack

If this is a "humanitarian " crisis -and it is- all civilised developed countries should be affected.
THE FACT Russia is a cess pit for human rights and a real home for racists and homophobes excludes her from being a country that would welcome and help out refugees from a brutal regime.

They is no shortage of space is there.

Putin has kept utterly silent on this and it shows the man he is.

Well done bundesliga fans on 18:34 - Sep 3 with 956 viewsMillJack

Well done bundesliga fans on 17:21 - Sep 3 by perchrockjack

If this is a "humanitarian " crisis -and it is- all civilised developed countries should be affected.
THE FACT Russia is a cess pit for human rights and a real home for racists and homophobes excludes her from being a country that would welcome and help out refugees from a brutal regime.

They is no shortage of space is there.

Putin has kept utterly silent on this and it shows the man he is.

Don't disagree with any of that. It doesn't take away from the fact that we're not doing enough either though.
Well done bundesliga fans on 18:38 - Sep 3 with 937 viewsperchrockjack

Im not sure we could treat them better than other countries.

I mean ,looking at our often venal youth, why subject these people to our urban rats

Well done bundesliga fans on 18:40 - Sep 3 with 933 viewsMillJack

Well done bundesliga fans on 18:38 - Sep 3 by perchrockjack

Im not sure we could treat them better than other countries.

I mean ,looking at our often venal youth, why subject these people to our urban rats

😂 Maybe we could put them all up in Henley or Malvern? So as not to cause them too much distress like?!!
Well done bundesliga fans on 18:42 - Sep 3 with 926 viewsperchrockjack

cant see Henley folk being that welcoming but Malvern would be ideal as they could work on the farms

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024