Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Berahino 19:16 - Sep 1 with 5044 viewsPhil_S

West Brom strikers don't get on that well in the transfer window do they?

Berahino on 00:16 - Sep 2 with 1377 viewsBloodyhills

Berahino on 20:00 - Sep 1 by SwansNZ

“Professional” footballers eh! They have a contract to a club, but when it suits them, decide they don’t want it — well, don’t sign the fecker in the first place, get a real job!

Yup, agree with that. Another spoilt player with an attitude problem.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Berahino on 06:53 - Sep 2 with 1335 viewsDr_Winston

Berahino on 00:11 - Sep 2 by Nookiejack

Isn't the problem here Levy just offering to pay the fee over next few years - thinking WBA were backed into a corner but Peace having none of it - as want sure when he would receive the money (Good for him).

Levy is addicted to the deal and associated negotitiations. He lools like he has cocked up this big time - as Spurs look very short in striking department of squad - especially with Kane currently off form.

Spurs aren't great this year. We're definitely in with a good chance of overtaking them if we can keep going as we are.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Berahino on 07:53 - Sep 2 with 1299 viewsItchySphincter

Why has no one mentioned that he's not very good?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Berahino on 08:27 - Sep 2 with 1276 viewsWhiterockin

Berahino on 07:53 - Sep 2 by ItchySphincter

Spurs have a history of spending a lot of money on players that are not very good.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Berahino on 08:29 - Sep 2 with 1270 viewsmonmouth

Berahino on 07:53 - Sep 2 by ItchySphincter

Aye, very ordinary imo. If he wasn't England qualified with a strange name, would not be so hyped.

Also it's easy to forget that, unlike their neighbours, Spurs are not natural elite. Before Redknapp lucked out with Bale they were scrabbling around the bottom. A couple of bad seasons and that new stadium is going to look like so much hubris.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Berahino on 08:32 - Sep 2 with 1254 viewsMattG

Berahino on 06:53 - Sep 2 by Dr_Winston

Spurs aren't great this year. We're definitely in with a good chance of overtaking them if we can keep going as we are.

Would be great to finally get a win or two against them. Definitely nothing to fear this season.
Berahino on 08:38 - Sep 2 with 1238 viewsSwansNZ

Berahino on 08:32 - Sep 2 by MattG

Would be great to finally get a win or two against them. Definitely nothing to fear this season.

Amazing that of all the “top” teams in the PL, Spurs is the one we have done worst against.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Berahino on 09:03 - Sep 2 with 1214 viewsPegojack

Berahino on 08:38 - Sep 2 by SwansNZ

Amazing that of all the “top” teams in the PL, Spurs is the one we have done worst against.

Yep, and we haven't been too clever against Liverpool, Everton and, of course, Man City either.

I really feel we finally have a team that can realistically expect to take four points from the first three this season and make a decent fist of it against Citeh.
Login to get fewer ads

Berahino on 09:11 - Sep 2 with 1198 viewsSwansNZ

Berahino on 09:03 - Sep 2 by Pegojack

Yep, and we haven't been too clever against Liverpool, Everton and, of course, Man City either.

I really feel we finally have a team that can realistically expect to take four points from the first three this season and make a decent fist of it against Citeh.

Yep, I think spurs is 1 point, Everton and Chelsea 3, Man City 4 and Liverpool 5?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Berahino on 09:13 - Sep 2 with 1194 viewsUxbridge

Berahino on 22:01 - Sep 1 by Phil_S

That bit probably isn't the bit that's been badly advised though - that's more a statement of fact (although of course nobody knows it to be a fact)

Ah I dunno, I've got little to no sympathy with this "badly advised" stuff. What sort of person needs to be advised that slagging off your boss, pissing off your entire customer base, costing yourself money and writing some stupid on social media is a bit silly?

If his agent told him to do that then he needs shooting too.

I haven't got much time for ole Reddy's argument either tbh. Clubs have to honour contracts too, and while they can try and direct somebody to the exit door, but ultimately that's the player's decision ... you only have to look at Michu and Tiendalli. As you say, the power balance is skewed towards the players, especially at the top level.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Berahino on 09:46 - Sep 2 with 1165 viewsNookiejack

Apparently Levy was only offering £5m upfront with the rest over next 5 years - some money being subject to clauses being met.

Sounds like Levy needs all his cash for stadium expansion. Going to really rely on Kane coming back to form.
Berahino on 10:21 - Sep 2 with 1128 viewsPhil_S

Berahino on 09:13 - Sep 2 by Uxbridge

Ah I dunno, I've got little to no sympathy with this "badly advised" stuff. What sort of person needs to be advised that slagging off your boss, pissing off your entire customer base, costing yourself money and writing some stupid on social media is a bit silly?

I haven't got much time for ole Reddy's argument either tbh. Clubs have to honour contracts too, and while they can try and direct somebody to the exit door, but ultimately that's the player's decision ... you only have to look at Michu and Tiendalli. As you say, the power balance is skewed towards the players, especially at the top level.

But therein lies the point by badly advised surely it can mean no advice at all

Players show time and time again in the transfer window they are not the brightest so someone willing to earn their crust should be telling them that it wouldn't be overly helpful to do these kind of things

Not suggesting his agent told him to do it more that his agent should be telling him how to not do it (and believe me many of them need it spelled out that obviously)
Berahino on 10:39 - Sep 2 with 1110 viewsUxbridge

Berahino on 10:21 - Sep 2 by Phil_S

But therein lies the point by badly advised surely it can mean no advice at all

Players show time and time again in the transfer window they are not the brightest so someone willing to earn their crust should be telling them that it wouldn't be overly helpful to do these kind of things

Not suggesting his agent told him to do it more that his agent should be telling him how to not do it (and believe me many of them need it spelled out that obviously)

Who knows eh, it could just an off the cuff strop from an entitled 21 year old who's just been told he can't have his way.

The agent probably doesn't mind of course. Pretty much guaranteed a deal will happen sooner or later, regardless if it's in his clients best interests eh

Berahino on 10:41 - Sep 2 with 1105 viewsshandyjack

Berahino on 21:57 - Sep 1 by Dr_Winston

No doubt, but I suspect they're still capable of deciding for themselves that they could earn a lot more money by moving from West Brom to Spurs and would quite like to do it.

these are growing men making their own decisions, i hate thei 'badly advised' nonsence that gets shouted out

Poll: Expectation for the season

Berahino on 11:50 - Sep 2 with 1052 viewsGreatBritton

All of the above is true, but the really significant point is that some people have Berahino in their fantasy squads and this fiasco is going to wreck their chances of glory
Berahino on 11:55 - Sep 2 with 1024 viewsperchrockjack

if "off the cuff its shows what he s really like and not processed by his agent .

He s refusing to play and effectively on strike.

What do modern day strikers get whilst on strike . Its changed I bet

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Berahino on 12:54 - Sep 2 with 981 viewsAJ101

None of the parties involved has come out well from this IMO. We don't have a backup for Kane and have no doubt added another club to the list who we've pissed off regarding transfers, Berahino has no doubt pissed off the WBA fans and his chairman and is still at WBA and WBA have an unhappy player.

I'm sure he was being advised by someone but SB got rid of Aidy Ward at the start of the summer so he doesn't have a long term agent advising him.

Not sure what to make of the £5m up front stuff, we've denied it was that low and it would surprise me if we only offered 25% of a fee up front, we don't need the extra few million for the stadium this year for one it's a pittance compared to the build costs and two the major payment periods needed won't be until the next two summers when major construction begins anyway.
Berahino on 12:57 - Sep 2 with 974 viewsmonmouth

Berahino on 12:54 - Sep 2 by AJ101

None of the parties involved has come out well from this IMO. We don't have a backup for Kane and have no doubt added another club to the list who we've pissed off regarding transfers, Berahino has no doubt pissed off the WBA fans and his chairman and is still at WBA and WBA have an unhappy player.

I'm sure he was being advised by someone but SB got rid of Aidy Ward at the start of the summer so he doesn't have a long term agent advising him.

Not sure what to make of the £5m up front stuff, we've denied it was that low and it would surprise me if we only offered 25% of a fee up front, we don't need the extra few million for the stadium this year for one it's a pittance compared to the build costs and two the major payment periods needed won't be until the next two summers when major construction begins anyway.

You were going to pay £20m for him??? Bloody hell; in that case I think you've come out of it very well. Gives your lot breathing space to come to their senses.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Berahino on 13:24 - Sep 2 with 937 viewsUxbridge

Berahino on 12:57 - Sep 2 by monmouth

You were going to pay £20m for him??? Bloody hell; in that case I think you've come out of it very well. Gives your lot breathing space to come to their senses.

£20m is probably the going rate for a bang average young striker these days I reckon. Daft as that sounds.

Berahino on 13:34 - Sep 2 with 923 viewsAJ101

Berahino on 12:57 - Sep 2 by monmouth

If not more....not really we only have one striker what with Adebayor being ostracised.

There just aren't many good strikers out there unfortunately and what with PL clubs having so much money most don't have any reason to sell for "fair" market value plus the home grown tax which isn't an issues for us but we'd still have to pay it.

Our real issue was seemingly not having any other backup targets even if it was just an older player who could tide us over for a season.
Berahino on 13:48 - Sep 2 with 902 viewsWhiterockin

Berahino on 13:34 - Sep 2 by AJ101

If not more....not really we only have one striker what with Adebayor being ostracised.

There just aren't many good strikers out there unfortunately and what with PL clubs having so much money most don't have any reason to sell for "fair" market value plus the home grown tax which isn't an issues for us but we'd still have to pay it.

Our real issue was seemingly not having any other backup targets even if it was just an older player who could tide us over for a season.

You should have a good scouting system like us, it would save you a fortune.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Berahino on 13:49 - Sep 2 with 902 viewsPegojack

Berahino on 13:34 - Sep 2 by AJ101

We have an excellent striker called Michu who you can have for just £15 million in January. Could you bring him to Mr Levy's attention, please?
[Post edited 2 Sep 2015 13:49]
Berahino on 14:13 - Sep 2 with 874 viewsAJ101

Berahino on 13:48 - Sep 2 by Whiterockin

You should have a good scouting system like us, it would save you a fortune.

I don't disagree, not sure if it's the scouting or the decisions made by the management but it doesn't help that we bring in otherwise good players who just don't fit our system (changing managers every couple of years doesn't help that either mind you but the tactics of AVB and Pochettino are actually very similar so shouldn't have had an effect this year).
Berahino on 14:22 - Sep 2 with 855 viewsBloodyhills

Berahino on 09:13 - Sep 2 by Uxbridge

LoL, spot on.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Berahino on 14:26 - Sep 2 with 854 viewsHighjack

Berahino on 11:50 - Sep 2 by GreatBritton

All of the above is true, but the really significant point is that some people have Berahino in their fantasy squads and this fiasco is going to wreck their chances of glory

Yeah he's a c unt.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024