Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. 18:58 - Oct 30 with 2198 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It is a team effort.
BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 19:08 - Oct 30 with 2184 viewsPrivate_Partz

Spot on. I agree with him. Once we starting ticking correctly in midfield then the goals will come again from Bafi.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 19:32 - Oct 30 with 2146 viewsmorningstar

I know some people think Monk is getting ahead of himself sometimes. But 'BBC Gary' is taking things a bit far!
[Post edited 30 Oct 2015 19:32]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 06:46 - Oct 31 with 1981 viewsSwansNZ

BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 19:32 - Oct 30 by morningstar

I know some people think Monk is getting ahead of himself sometimes. But 'BBC Gary' is taking things a bit far!
[Post edited 30 Oct 2015 19:32]

Should be BBC Garry

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 06:56 - Oct 31 with 1976 viewsjack247

He is not completely to blame for his goal drought, just as he wasn't the only one responsible for his excellent goal scoring form at the start of the season.

The game plan for Gomis is for Shelvey to pick out his runs and put him through. For that to work, we need both players on form, the midfield to be giving us the platform to do it and the likes of Ayew and Gylfi to be making the runs that drag defenders out of position and make space for it to work.
BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 08:52 - Oct 31 with 1926 viewsjack_the_lad

BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 06:56 - Oct 31 by jack247

He is not completely to blame for his goal drought, just as he wasn't the only one responsible for his excellent goal scoring form at the start of the season.

The game plan for Gomis is for Shelvey to pick out his runs and put him through. For that to work, we need both players on form, the midfield to be giving us the platform to do it and the likes of Ayew and Gylfi to be making the runs that drag defenders out of position and make space for it to work.

Correct
BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 16:00 - Oct 31 with 1795 viewsmorningstar

BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 08:52 - Oct 31 by jack_the_lad

Correct

You sure?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 16:02 - Oct 31 with 1791 viewsjasper_T

BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 19:08 - Oct 30 by Private_Partz

Spot on. I agree with him. Once we starting ticking correctly in midfield then the goals will come again from Bafi.

hmm...
BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 16:58 - Oct 31 with 1758 viewsA_Fans_Dad

See Garry was right, give him a chance and he will score, yeah right.
Login to get fewer ads

BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 17:12 - Oct 31 with 1719 viewsicecoldjack

BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 06:56 - Oct 31 by jack247

Spot on correct.
BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 18:51 - Oct 31 with 1606 viewsgiantstoneater

It is not only his lack of goals that is letting Gomis down his general play is also poor and he can't hold a ball up to save is life. Strikers have bad patches but when they do they need to do the other things well.
BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 12:49 - Nov 1 with 1495 viewsPrivate_Partz

BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 16:58 - Oct 31 by A_Fans_Dad

See Garry was right, give him a chance and he will score, yeah right.

All strikers go through bad patches. Giroud is a fine example. On fire at the moment but goes through periods when he can't hit a cow's ass with a banjo. Bafi was slated when he expressed discontent at being benched. Then he goes on a fine run and he is praised in all quarters. Now he is off form (along with much of the team) and he gets slated. It was ever thus. We should be supporting our players at the moment and not slating them.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 12:51 - Nov 1 with 1489 viewsAngelRangelQS

BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 12:49 - Nov 1 by Private_Partz

All strikers go through bad patches. Giroud is a fine example. On fire at the moment but goes through periods when he can't hit a cow's ass with a banjo. Bafi was slated when he expressed discontent at being benched. Then he goes on a fine run and he is praised in all quarters. Now he is off form (along with much of the team) and he gets slated. It was ever thus. We should be supporting our players at the moment and not slating them.

I'm not a fan of him at all and Gomis is held at a higher standard because of some of his antics since he been here.

That said though, any other team in the league would have rested him by now and taken him out of the firing line. We can't though because we don't have anyone else
BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 13:03 - Nov 1 with 1461 viewsPrivate_Partz

BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 12:51 - Nov 1 by AngelRangelQS

I'm not a fan of him at all and Gomis is held at a higher standard because of some of his antics since he been here.

That said though, any other team in the league would have rested him by now and taken him out of the firing line. We can't though because we don't have anyone else

Different augment but there is a case for resting him. Along with a few others. We cannot rule Eder out IMHO. He really has not been given much opportunity. We have also been very capable of playing without a striker in the past and have turned in some brilliant performances in doing so. We should try this tactic from time to time IMHO. Especially against the big boys away.

BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 13:04 - Nov 1 with 1460 viewsBorojack

BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 12:51 - Nov 1 by AngelRangelQS

I thought we signed Eder in the summer for 5 million quid.
I think we paid 3.5 mil for a FB as well not sure where he has gone though.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 13:27 - Nov 1 with 1434 viewsAngelRangelQS

BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 13:04 - Nov 1 by Borojack

I thought we signed Eder in the summer for 5 million quid.
I think we paid 3.5 mil for a FB as well not sure where he has gone though.

Exactly.

Tabanou hasn't played in the league (unless I'm mistaken) and I doubt Eder has managed much more than a total of 90mins
BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 13:29 - Nov 1 with 1432 viewsJimmyGilligan

Yes it's the teams fault that he couldn't score a 1 on 1. He is the worst striker i've seen here since Kuqi.
BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 13:50 - Nov 1 with 1414 viewsBorojack

BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 13:29 - Nov 1 by JimmyGilligan

Yes it's the teams fault that he couldn't score a 1 on 1. He is the worst striker i've seen here since Kuqi.

Its confidence he is not a bad striker though.
Just needs a rest.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 16:12 - Nov 1 with 1346 viewsA_Fans_Dad

BBC Gary says Gomis not to blame for his Goal Drought. on 13:27 - Nov 1 by AngelRangelQS

Exactly.

Tabanou hasn't played in the league (unless I'm mistaken) and I doubt Eder has managed much more than a total of 90mins

Tabanou is so poor that he can't even get in the squad, just like Amat, one of the best defenders we have had.
I do not know if it is favouritism like Loudrup had for certain players regardless of how bad they were playing, but if it is then it needs to change before Garry goes the same way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024