Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The overreaction when we lose 12:03 - Nov 1 with 4537 viewsDarran

It is quite pitiful isn't it? We didn't really play that bad yesterday did we?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The overreaction when we lose on 12:11 - Nov 1 with 2257 viewsdgt73

We did ok yesterday - just we played a better team than what we are.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

The overreaction when we lose on 12:12 - Nov 1 with 2247 viewsDarran

The overreaction when we lose on 12:11 - Nov 1 by dgt73

We did ok yesterday - just we played a better team than what we are.

And we're 13th in the toughest league in the world.

The overreaction when we lose on 12:18 - Nov 1 with 2228 viewsZut_Alors

Thought Gylfi, Ki and Shelvey all had good games too. Ayew worked hard in the first half. Was really as Garry said, though, if you don't take your chances when you get them, you'll suffer for it.
The overreaction when we lose on 12:18 - Nov 1 with 2228 viewsAngelRangelQS

We did OK yesterday for the first half.

In isolation I don't think anyone would mind or be concerned. Its not an isolated game though. At what point does it stop becoming a bad run and start becoming a bad season. Do you honestly still think we can catch the likes of Palace, West Ham, Leicester this season?

I appreciate what a hard league it is but we've been here 4 and a bit seasons now. We've spent money and should be looking better than we have done recently.
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:24 - Nov 1 with 2211 viewswaynekerr55

The overreaction when we lose on 12:12 - Nov 1 by Darran

And we're 13th in the toughest league in the world.

[Post edited 1 Nov 2015 12:43]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The overreaction when we lose on 12:25 - Nov 1 with 2204 viewsDarran

The overreaction when we lose on 12:18 - Nov 1 by AngelRangelQS

In isolation I don't think anyone would mind or be concerned. Its not an isolated game though. At what point does it stop becoming a bad run and start becoming a bad season. Do you honestly still think we can catch the likes of Palace, West Ham, Leicester this season?

I appreciate what a hard league it is but we've been here 4 and a bit seasons now. We've spent money and should be looking better than we have done recently.

I don't really care if we can catch them as long as me finish around mid table.
If we win one lose one will it be a bad run, I don't know?
If we were to beat Norwich and lose to Bournemouth is it a bad run?

The overreaction when we lose on 12:27 - Nov 1 with 2194 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

We played well

Second goal kicked us in the bollocks

They had to beat us soon enough

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The overreaction when we lose on 12:38 - Nov 1 with 2171 viewsAngelRangelQS

The overreaction when we lose on 12:25 - Nov 1 by Darran

I don't really care if we can catch them as long as me finish around mid table.
If we win one lose one will it be a bad run, I don't know?
If we were to beat Norwich and lose to Bournemouth is it a bad run?

I think that failing to get 4 points from these next two games will mean that we are very likely to be drawn into a relegation scrap this season
Login to get fewer ads

The overreaction when we lose on 12:40 - Nov 1 with 2162 viewsexiledclaseboy

We lost to a better team who will challenge for the title this season while putting in a much improved performance. Our main issue is that we have a striker who's low on confidence and at the moment couldn't hit a cow's arse with the proverbial banjo. He needs dropping but I'm not convinced that his replacement will offer us anything markedly different. But Eder deserves a chance cos Gomis isn't cutting it at the moment and we can't afford to carry him any longer.

I was worried after the defeat to Stoke. Not after yesterday.

Poll: Tory leader

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:53 - Nov 1 with 2111 viewswaynekerr55

The overreaction when we lose on 12:40 - Nov 1 by exiledclaseboy

We lost to a better team who will challenge for the title this season while putting in a much improved performance. Our main issue is that we have a striker who's low on confidence and at the moment couldn't hit a cow's arse with the proverbial banjo. He needs dropping but I'm not convinced that his replacement will offer us anything markedly different. But Eder deserves a chance cos Gomis isn't cutting it at the moment and we can't afford to carry him any longer.

I was worried after the defeat to Stoke. Not after yesterday.

The fan base expects too much.

Yes we've spent money, but un relative terms we still live within our means
[Post edited 1 Nov 2015 12:59]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The overreaction when we lose on 13:02 - Nov 1 with 2080 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

I'm not despondent after yesterday.

We put in an improved performance against Villa and even better yesterday, so I can see a gradual improvement since that hideous game against Stoke. If someone had offered me 3 points from Villa/Arsenal after the Stoke game I'd have gladly taken it.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

The overreaction when we lose on 13:18 - Nov 1 with 2040 viewsWxmJax

After beating Man u and Villa a win yesterday would have put us on for the same 6 pointers as last season. Alas it was not to be. We do need to get more men forward at times, when Gomis broke for his one on one only Gylfi followed up, busting a gut to get there, Montero virtually stopped at the half way line.
Watching Leicester breaking down that left wing against West Brom on MOTD I'm wondering why we don't do that with Montero. "Once we get that ball, Monty me old son, just go. We'll deliver the ball to you". Unleash the beast.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

The overreaction when we lose on 13:21 - Nov 1 with 2029 viewsexiledclaseboy

The overreaction when we lose on 13:02 - Nov 1 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I'm not despondent after yesterday.

We put in an improved performance against Villa and even better yesterday, so I can see a gradual improvement since that hideous game against Stoke. If someone had offered me 3 points from Villa/Arsenal after the Stoke game I'd have gladly taken it.

Another three from Norwich and Bournemouth will be fine too. Four would be excellent. Six would put a lot of twitching arses at rest.

Poll: Tory leader

The overreaction when we lose on 13:27 - Nov 1 with 2016 viewsmonmouth

The overreaction when we lose on 13:21 - Nov 1 by exiledclaseboy

Another three from Norwich and Bournemouth will be fine too. Four would be excellent. Six would put a lot of twitching arses at rest.

Lose to the Deliahs though....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The overreaction when we lose on 13:29 - Nov 1 with 2013 viewsAngelRangelQS

The overreaction when we lose on 13:21 - Nov 1 by exiledclaseboy

If we lose at home to Bournemouth all hell will break loose
The overreaction when we lose on 13:31 - Nov 1 with 2009 viewsmonmouth

The overreaction when we lose on 13:29 - Nov 1 by AngelRangelQS

If we lose at home to Bournemouth all hell will break loose

And probably quite rightly to be fair. They are no pushovers but that's not a game this team should be losing.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The overreaction when we lose on 13:34 - Nov 1 with 2001 viewsPhil_S

The overreaction when we lose on 12:18 - Nov 1 by AngelRangelQS

Can we catch the likes of West Ham, palace and Leicester?

Of course we can
The overreaction when we lose on 13:39 - Nov 1 with 1983 viewsDavillin

Respectfully, I don't agree with the O.P.'s premise.

There's a difference between "overreaction" and "analysis" of a loss that could have turned out better.

[I hope this reply is not seen as an "overreaction" to the thread title. ]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The overreaction when we lose on 13:41 - Nov 1 with 1973 viewsKilkennyjack

Arsenal are top of the league for a reason. First half we played better than them.

Beware of the Risen People

The overreaction when we lose on 13:44 - Nov 1 with 1965 viewsSwaneeRiver

I enjoyed the game , overall we played well, but felt disappointed with the outcome, which frankly flattered Arsenal.
The ref was the worst I can remember - and we've had some bad ones. He's no Friend of mine for sure !
The overreaction when we lose on 13:54 - Nov 1 with 1942 viewsAngelRangelQS

The overreaction when we lose on 13:34 - Nov 1 by Phil_S

Can we catch the likes of West Ham, palace and Leicester?

Of course we can

My albeit badly worded question was more aimed at whether people think we will or not.

They look a step above us this season I'm afraid
The overreaction when we lose on 14:05 - Nov 1 with 1916 viewsicecoldjack

The over reaction in making posts saying people are overeating is even more pitiful IMO.

Especially when the standard has been slipping for a while. The more synical may argue that our early season form was down to us having a good pre season while teams like utd and Chelsea started late and weren't fully fit when we played them.

I don't think losing to arsenal is an issue I think it's more the way our identity and frustrating touch line decisions from management are starting to grate with people.

We all thought it was bizarre to leave siggy and ki on the bench for Stoke at home and many thought it mad to give eder just five minutes and sub montero for Barrow yesterday.

It's worthy of debate in the same way monks changes were worthy of debate against man utd when they won us the game

No overeating from most just good debate on why we are not clicking like we know we can.
The overreaction when we lose on 14:07 - Nov 1 with 1910 viewsPhil_S

The overreaction when we lose on 13:54 - Nov 1 by AngelRangelQS

My albeit badly worded question was more aimed at whether people think we will or not.

They look a step above us this season I'm afraid

At this point in time they do but I firmly believe there isn't as much between us as people would have us believe

They said the same at the start of last season about Southampton and West Ham
The overreaction when we lose on 14:09 - Nov 1 with 1907 viewsDarran

The overreaction when we lose on 14:05 - Nov 1 by icecoldjack

The over reaction in making posts saying people are overeating is even more pitiful IMO.

Especially when the standard has been slipping for a while. The more synical may argue that our early season form was down to us having a good pre season while teams like utd and Chelsea started late and weren't fully fit when we played them.

I don't think losing to arsenal is an issue I think it's more the way our identity and frustrating touch line decisions from management are starting to grate with people.

We all thought it was bizarre to leave siggy and ki on the bench for Stoke at home and many thought it mad to give eder just five minutes and sub montero for Barrow yesterday.

It's worthy of debate in the same way monks changes were worthy of debate against man utd when they won us the game

No overeating from most just good debate on why we are not clicking like we know we can.

Oh just f*ck off people like you have had it in fit Monk since the start and whatever the bloke does he'll never win people like you over.
Oh and there was nothing wrong with our standards or identity for most of the game yesterday unless you want there to be of course.

The overreaction when we lose on 14:20 - Nov 1 with 1880 viewsSwaneeRiver

The overreaction when we lose on 14:09 - Nov 1 by Darran

Oh just f*ck off people like you have had it in fit Monk since the start and whatever the bloke does he'll never win people like you over.
Oh and there was nothing wrong with our standards or identity for most of the game yesterday unless you want there to be of course.

Also, why is Icecold banging on about people overeating?
What happens in my own kitchen is none of his business !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024