Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The overreaction when we lose 12:03 - Nov 1 with 4693 viewsDarran

It is quite pitiful isn't it? We didn't really play that bad yesterday did we?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The overreaction when we lose on 14:27 - Nov 1 with 1557 viewsDarran

The overreaction when we lose on 14:20 - Nov 1 by SwaneeRiver

Also, why is Icecold banging on about people overeating?
What happens in my own kitchen is none of his business !

Fair point.

The overreaction when we lose on 14:57 - Nov 1 with 1533 viewsRancid

It's always better on here when we lose in a perverse kind of way.There's always a scapegoat and much more fat to chew on as us experts try to put it right via a keyboard.Win, and there's not much to discuss, bizzarely.We were excellent first half yesterday and I bet Wenger was pretty worried as we were so much on top.I always had that feeling though that because we didn't score first half we'd run out of gas and ideas and Arsenal would pinch it.
The overreaction when we lose on 14:57 - Nov 1 with 1532 viewsicecoldjack

The overreaction when we lose on 14:09 - Nov 1 by Darran

Oh just f*ck off people like you have had it in fit Monk since the start and whatever the bloke does he'll never win people like you over.
Oh and there was nothing wrong with our standards or identity for most of the game yesterday unless you want there to be of course.

One swallow doesn't make a summer. As I said before, losing to arsenal isn't a problem the erosion of our football is though.

All swans age groups are playing the "swansea way " except the first team .

Monk is trying to develop different aspects of our game but the net result seems to be an erosion of what got us here in the first place .

This isn't an over reaction just what a lot Have been observing for a while. Once you lose that style of play it will take ages to get it back. That's the danger for many .
The overreaction when we lose on 15:11 - Nov 1 with 1517 viewsskippyjack

The overreaction when we lose on 12:40 - Nov 1 by exiledclaseboy

We lost to a better team who will challenge for the title this season while putting in a much improved performance. Our main issue is that we have a striker who's low on confidence and at the moment couldn't hit a cow's arse with the proverbial banjo. He needs dropping but I'm not convinced that his replacement will offer us anything markedly different. But Eder deserves a chance cos Gomis isn't cutting it at the moment and we can't afford to carry him any longer.

I was worried after the defeat to Stoke. Not after yesterday.

ECB is spot on.. we can't play with a striker who is..

Consistenly offside
Can't hold it up
Can't pass to a team mate
Can't score
Get's tired on 70 minutes without doing a great deal

But he does defend his front post well

Garry said 'it's not down to Gomis but his team mates'

Ki, Shelvey and Sigurdsson supplied him when possible yesterday..

You can't defend that.. he's got to be dropped.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

The overreaction when we lose on 15:33 - Nov 1 with 1487 viewsRancid

The overreaction when we lose on 14:57 - Nov 1 by icecoldjack

One swallow doesn't make a summer. As I said before, losing to arsenal isn't a problem the erosion of our football is though.

All swans age groups are playing the "swansea way " except the first team .

Monk is trying to develop different aspects of our game but the net result seems to be an erosion of what got us here in the first place .

This isn't an over reaction just what a lot Have been observing for a while. Once you lose that style of play it will take ages to get it back. That's the danger for many .

We were excellent first half and playing the way we've all become accustomed too.Monk will never take away our ethos, he might try to modify it which he has to, to be honest as we have to evolve and change things as we move on.I think we're ok under Monk, it's 1 or 2 of the players not performing and vitally our goalscorer.We've got to do a Bony again in the summer and bring in a top top striker even if it costs us 20-25m.
The overreaction when we lose on 16:25 - Nov 1 with 1445 viewsperchrockjack

Clearly any adverse comment is stamped upon here.

Pitiful in itself

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The overreaction when we lose on 16:33 - Nov 1 with 1436 viewsAnotherJohn

The overreaction when we lose on 16:25 - Nov 1 by perchrockjack

Pitiful in itself

I wasn't expecting much in the way of points from Arsenal, but what makes me twitchy is that our present league position depends on our early season results. In the current form table we are sixteenth. Admittedly there are four teams who look a tad worse, but I'd feel a lot better if we could start putting away bottom-half teams (besides Villa).
[Post edited 1 Nov 2015 17:04]
The overreaction when we lose on 16:36 - Nov 1 with 1428 viewsDarran

The overreaction when we lose on 16:25 - Nov 1 by perchrockjack

Pitiful in itself

Don't be silly Richard we're 13th in the toughest league in the world plodding along nicely,if the situation should arise where changes ever need to be made they'll be made.

Login to get fewer ads

The overreaction when we lose on 16:38 - Nov 1 with 1425 viewsperchrockjack

John.
What s bothering me, but not all, is how previous good players now seem useless .

Ps is full of those slamming fellow fans ...for being basically angry and upset.

Yesterday, go is had a golden chance , simple.

All their goals were preventable but we ve gone back to posters eulogising over de Guzman.

Don't know what s worse

The overreaction when we lose on 16:38 - Nov 1 with 1425 viewslovejuicejack

We have been sh*t for a little while now them is the facts whether you like it or not, yesterday's first half was an improvement but still lacking the vital ingredient, goals. The second half was shocking, Shape all wrong, style of play all wrong, defending all wrong. Over reaction Yeah right, truth is ugly at times but don't hide away from it.
The overreaction when we lose on 16:41 - Nov 1 with 1414 viewsDarran

The overreaction when we lose on 16:38 - Nov 1 by lovejuicejack

We have been sh*t for a little while now them is the facts whether you like it or not, yesterday's first half was an improvement but still lacking the vital ingredient, goals. The second half was shocking, Shape all wrong, style of play all wrong, defending all wrong. Over reaction Yeah right, truth is ugly at times but don't hide away from it.

I don't think the second half was shocking.

The overreaction when we lose on 16:43 - Nov 1 with 1411 viewsperchrockjack

You know we re bad when certain posters go back to simply ridiculing other posters.

They know we re in a little trouble but lie Tito their teeth on here.

Nobody can be truly confident for the rest of season.

It ruined my day anyway, didn't have to be there to see the problemsz

The overreaction when we lose on 16:56 - Nov 1 with 1398 viewsBorojack

The overreaction when we lose on 16:43 - Nov 1 by perchrockjack

You know we re bad when certain posters go back to simply ridiculing other posters.

They know we re in a little trouble but lie Tito their teeth on here.

Nobody can be truly confident for the rest of season.

It ruined my day anyway, didn't have to be there to see the problemsz

The first half was pretty good.
It was obvious we would be punished for the missed
chances though.
The bookies have us as 20/1 for relegation it appears they think we are better than many on here.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

The overreaction when we lose on 17:34 - Nov 1 with 1345 viewsdgt73

The overreaction when we lose on 13:54 - Nov 1 by AngelRangelQS

My albeit badly worded question was more aimed at whether people think we will or not.

They look a step above us this season I'm afraid

It's a marathon not a sprint - come back beginning of April and we'll talk again.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

The overreaction when we lose on 10:18 - Nov 2 with 1231 viewslovejuicejack

The overreaction when we lose on 16:41 - Nov 1 by Darran

I don't think the second half was shocking.

Righto
The overreaction when we lose on 10:25 - Nov 2 with 1202 viewsjohnlangy

The overreaction when we lose on 12:18 - Nov 1 by AngelRangelQS

We did OK yesterday for the first half.

In isolation I don't think anyone would mind or be concerned. Its not an isolated game though. At what point does it stop becoming a bad run and start becoming a bad season. Do you honestly still think we can catch the likes of Palace, West Ham, Leicester this season?

I appreciate what a hard league it is but we've been here 4 and a bit seasons now. We've spent money and should be looking better than we have done recently.

We ARE looking better than we have done recently. We won our first away game of the season (not a brilliant performance but well deserved in the end according to all the reports). Then we put in a much better performance against a good Arsenal team.

If our next two performances are anything like Saturday we'll get 4 points from the next two games. End of (current) disaster scenario. Until we lose another couple of games and the doom merchants will resurface.
The overreaction when we lose on 11:28 - Nov 2 with 1161 viewsjasper_T

We were shite against Villa, who were so bad they sacked their manager, so as far as I'm concerned after a 3-0 bumming at home we're still mid-rut.
The overreaction when we lose on 11:32 - Nov 2 with 1156 viewsPhil_S

The overreaction when we lose on 11:28 - Nov 2 by jasper_T

We were shite against Villa, who were so bad they sacked their manager, so as far as I'm concerned after a 3-0 bumming at home we're still mid-rut.

"We were shite against Villa, who were so bad they sacked their manager"

Do you believe all that statement? We weren't shite against Villa at all so I suggest you have unrealistic expectations there. And Sherwood was sacked because of a continued bad run of results over several months (Villa have been a poor side for several seasons) not because they lost to us...

It probably did escape your attention on Saturday but we were the best team for half the game which will mean nothing if we put on a poor performance next week (a la Stoke game) but losing 3-0 at home to Arsenal based on this much needs to have some form of perspective with it
The overreaction when we lose on 12:48 - Nov 2 with 1124 viewsphact0rri

Why do people hate to see the symptoms and passion of the supporters of the side. personally I like it...

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The overreaction when we lose on 14:04 - Nov 2 with 1088 viewsjack247

It's just a minority of people making a disproportionate amount of noise because we lost. Most are sensible enough to see that we didn't play at all badly and were beaten because we wasted great chances. You are always going to get your serial doom merchants, it's the same at the ground.

I don't think Gomis deserves some of the stick he gets on here, but he is out of form and he did cost us the game Saturday. A confident striker would have made a lot of difference. He will hopefully get back to his best before too long and if he doesn't, he won't be here for too long.

We wont be near the bottom three at the end of the season.
The overreaction when we lose on 14:23 - Nov 2 with 1078 viewsmonmouth

The overreaction when we lose on 14:04 - Nov 2 by jack247

It's just a minority of people making a disproportionate amount of noise because we lost. Most are sensible enough to see that we didn't play at all badly and were beaten because we wasted great chances. You are always going to get your serial doom merchants, it's the same at the ground.

I don't think Gomis deserves some of the stick he gets on here, but he is out of form and he did cost us the game Saturday. A confident striker would have made a lot of difference. He will hopefully get back to his best before too long and if he doesn't, he won't be here for too long.

We wont be near the bottom three at the end of the season.

To my mind, the whole rumpus, press and PS panic merchant, revolves around two games; Watford away and Stoke home. Four points from those, or three, or even two, and there is no problem. We're sitting on 15-17 points and have just taken on one of the top 4, that beat bayern, toe to toe and could easily have come out on top (everyone I think, even the most negative doom-monger, accepts that 3-0 was ridiculously lopsided).

Monk and the players have only themselves to blame, as I don't believe that the focus was right for those two games. I do believe we thought we would win at a canter, and then couldn't reverse the mood - it's hard to change up. Even then the margins were fine, but the performances were awful.

The next two games will tell us a lot about whether the lessons have been learned. It irritated me off the scale that Watford wasn't enough of a kick in the knackers to avoid the Stoke experience. Two more half arsed efforts and all the excuses in the world won't wash as we will lose both. Full concentration for the full game in both and we will get 4-6 points and it's panic over, for a while at least.

By the way, are the stokies panicking and the DM speculating on the Gogledyte? They should be; they've had easier games and are on the same points and look utter gash with Butland saving them week after week. God how that loss to his shower of tripe annoys me.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The overreaction when we lose on 15:01 - Nov 2 with 1051 viewsjasper_T

The overreaction when we lose on 11:32 - Nov 2 by Phil_S

Do you believe all that statement? We weren't shite against Villa at all so I suggest you have unrealistic expectations there. And Sherwood was sacked because of a continued bad run of results over several months (Villa have been a poor side for several seasons) not because they lost to us...

It probably did escape your attention on Saturday but we were the best team for half the game which will mean nothing if we put on a poor performance next week (a la Stoke game) but losing 3-0 at home to Arsenal based on this much needs to have some form of perspective with it

But for a last gasp winner everyone would be rightfully moaning about the performance against Villa. Results are good, but one fortunate win during a consistently poor run does not mean everything's golden again.

I did notice that we had most of the ball and played some encouraging football during a goalless first half against Arsenal. If you were to look at the chances created you might reconsider the claim that we were the better team, though. Arsene had learned from his past results against us and was willing to concede possession and counter attack.

Managerial decisions cost us the game again. Garry's persistence with Gomis after spending £5m on an understudy is troubling, and a reluctance bordering on fear to make substitutions as our midfield wilted with exhaustion gave us no chance to push to get back in it.

The perspective that this result is fine and no problem because it was Arsenal (who weren't particularly impressive on the day) is no more valid than that of the doom and gloom brigade who can point to maybe 90 minutes of decent football in the last two months.
The overreaction when we lose on 15:34 - Nov 2 with 1023 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The overreaction when we lose on 15:11 - Nov 1 by skippyjack

ECB is spot on.. we can't play with a striker who is..

Consistenly offside
Can't hold it up
Can't pass to a team mate
Can't score
Get's tired on 70 minutes without doing a great deal

But he does defend his front post well

Garry said 'it's not down to Gomis but his team mates'

Ki, Shelvey and Sigurdsson supplied him when possible yesterday..

You can't defend that.. he's got to be dropped.

Nice post Skip

He's killing us at the moment .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The overreaction when we lose on 19:27 - Nov 2 with 953 viewsicecoldjack

The overreaction when we lose on 11:32 - Nov 2 by Phil_S

Unfortunately the game lasts for 90 mins . Play good for half a game isn't really the way to go.

As always, if the performance is there the results look after themselves. Not bothered losing to arsenal but I think our general performance s need to improve not for 45 mins but 90 odd mins.
The overreaction when we lose on 19:40 - Nov 2 with 944 viewsjack_the_lad

The overreaction when we lose on 14:23 - Nov 2 by monmouth

To my mind, the whole rumpus, press and PS panic merchant, revolves around two games; Watford away and Stoke home. Four points from those, or three, or even two, and there is no problem. We're sitting on 15-17 points and have just taken on one of the top 4, that beat bayern, toe to toe and could easily have come out on top (everyone I think, even the most negative doom-monger, accepts that 3-0 was ridiculously lopsided).

Monk and the players have only themselves to blame, as I don't believe that the focus was right for those two games. I do believe we thought we would win at a canter, and then couldn't reverse the mood - it's hard to change up. Even then the margins were fine, but the performances were awful.

The next two games will tell us a lot about whether the lessons have been learned. It irritated me off the scale that Watford wasn't enough of a kick in the knackers to avoid the Stoke experience. Two more half arsed efforts and all the excuses in the world won't wash as we will lose both. Full concentration for the full game in both and we will get 4-6 points and it's panic over, for a while at least.

By the way, are the stokies panicking and the DM speculating on the Gogledyte? They should be; they've had easier games and are on the same points and look utter gash with Butland saving them week after week. God how that loss to his shower of tripe annoys me.

I think Watford have proved that any team that takes them for granted will get punished, you gotta admire them.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024