Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
W Block 18:00 - Dec 2 with 2739 viewsnyhoops

So my girl and I just bought tickets for the Brighton match on December 15th. We're from the States, and never been to Loftus Road so obviously super excited. We're sitting in the W Block in the Ellerslie, is this a decent spot? What can I expect?
W Block on 18:10 - Dec 2 with 2707 viewssimmo

Quite close to the away fans, but it's a good view (provided you're not behind the pillar or too far back). That Brighton game is mid-week so it'll be great under the lights but the atmosphere can be pretty poor. That being said if we're on a good run then Brighton should be a tough one and it might raise everyones game!

Enjoy it though - I wish I could recreate that feeling the first time I walked up the stairs and saw the pitch in all it's glory.....

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

W Block on 18:11 - Dec 2 with 2703 viewsWilloW4

Hopefully you'll have a great day.. Brighton will have a few fans in the upper school end and the 'X'.block next to you will make the odd racket ... Ellerslie road is a decent stand( hope you're not over 5'6 tall as there's no leg room)...if loftus road is in the mood, it's a great place to be..enjoy yourselves...come on you R's.
W Block on 18:12 - Dec 2 with 2697 viewsnyhoops

whats the best pre-match pub for us to be at? preferably surrounded by QPR fans.
W Block on 18:17 - Dec 2 with 2670 viewsWilloW4

W Block on 18:10 - Dec 2 by simmo

Quite close to the away fans, but it's a good view (provided you're not behind the pillar or too far back). That Brighton game is mid-week so it'll be great under the lights but the atmosphere can be pretty poor. That being said if we're on a good run then Brighton should be a tough one and it might raise everyones game!

Enjoy it though - I wish I could recreate that feeling the first time I walked up the stairs and saw the pitch in all it's glory.....

"I wish I could recreate that feeling the first time I walked up the stairs and saw the pitch in all its glory". Marvellous simmo.!
W Block on 18:18 - Dec 2 with 2663 viewsRamseyR

Be prepared for poor leg room, no room beneath the stands and a big queue for the toilets. Went the same block last week with my daughter and she said there was only three cubicles in the ladies. It will take all of half time to get to use the loo leaving you no time for any drinks.
W Block on 18:19 - Dec 2 with 2659 viewsenfieldargh

W Block on 18:12 - Dec 2 by nyhoops

whats the best pre-match pub for us to be at? preferably surrounded by QPR fans.

http://www.crownandsceptreshepherdsbush.co.uk/

Great qpr pub in the backstreets in amongst rows of gentrified terraced houses.

Back in the 70's frequented by a certain Stan Bowles et al surrounded by rows of dilapidated terrace housing and hardly any parked cars.

You will most likely bump into loads of posters in there who will be more than willing for you to buy them a drink

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

W Block on 18:26 - Dec 2 with 2634 viewssimmo

W Block on 18:19 - Dec 2 by enfieldargh

http://www.crownandsceptreshepherdsbush.co.uk/

Great qpr pub in the backstreets in amongst rows of gentrified terraced houses.

Back in the 70's frequented by a certain Stan Bowles et al surrounded by rows of dilapidated terrace housing and hardly any parked cars.

You will most likely bump into loads of posters in there who will be more than willing for you to buy them a drink

Unfortunately it's been pretty dead on match days, especially weekday games :-(

Still the best rangers pub though, IMO.

W Block on 18:48 - Dec 2 with 2592 viewsWilloW4

Why are you a QPR fan then W block? Well done for not supporting the obvious teams in London..welcome to the nuthouse that is loftus road..hoops...aaah.!!
Login to get fewer ads

W Block on 20:35 - Dec 2 with 2447 viewsHunterhoop

W Block on 18:26 - Dec 2 by simmo

Unfortunately it's been pretty dead on match days, especially weekday games :-(

Still the best rangers pub though, IMO.

That's a shame, Simmo. Where's everyone go?

I'd have to recommend the Shepherd and Flock. That's my Rangers regular. Great little pub.
W Block on 20:52 - Dec 2 with 2423 viewssimmo

W Block on 20:35 - Dec 2 by Hunterhoop

That's a shame, Simmo. Where's everyone go?

I'd have to recommend the Shepherd and Flock. That's my Rangers regular. Great little pub.

I do like the S&F but it's so damn small.... The C&S is still pretty full on Sat before kick off, but not quite like the last few years, afterwards it's a 3rd as full - especially if there's a good game on Sky.

Selfishly it suits me as there's less people and we watch the games on an iPad, but it's a shame not to have a raucous QPR following late into the night, especially if we've won. The Saturdays when QPR won then we got to see Chelsea potentially lose were great, especially when the goals got replayed on SSN and then later, Match of the Day

W Block on 21:36 - Dec 2 with 2371 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Enjoy! You'll have a great time regardless of the game! There are many pubs, The Green is always rammed but haven't been there in some time now - I mainly just go to the games and deck off home again, it's not like it used to be for me in that regard.

It's always good to meet new folks, so why don't we here and now arrange a meet up and anyone who reads this who wants to join in can? C&S pre/post game? Whose in?
W Block on 00:27 - Dec 3 with 2227 viewstimcocking

Cool, good luck.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024