Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale play subscription 22:27 - Dec 19 with 2264 viewsPaulHeymanGuy

I'm probably over-reacting, but after listening to hilly after the game today it's left me with a very bitter taste in my mouth. Yes, our crowds are low and let's be honest, they'll always be low. The fans who turn up every week always back the team. I know we've had that "fan" talking about a banner, but on the whole we are always behind the team from 1st to 90th minite, with the exception of the odd grumble, but every club at every game will always get that. If Hill can't take that then he should consider a carever change.
Listening to that interview tonight has got me wanting to cancel my subscription, why pay to listen to the club's manager harp on about unity and team rochdale to the fans when he's doing nothing himself to promote that.

Good result anyways. Onwards and upwards hopefully
Dale play subscription on 22:55 - Dec 19 with 2205 viewsmholt44

Wow , we really do have some uneducated fans and I'm with Keith all the way. How can you become disengaged from the philosophy and ethos that Keith has set out. Granted, he can be aloof, eccentric, bizarre and sometimes rude, but aren't the best managers in the world the same (Mourinho, Ferguson etxc|). I'm not comparing him to the latter but he has the same qualification as them (Pro Licence). He can rub shoulders with them and deserves our respect. We sit above Swindon, Blackpool Shrewsbury Doncaster Scunthorpe Oldham Fleetwood Barnsley Crewe and chesterfield and within 3 points of Bury Millwall and Sheff UTD. We are 4 points from the play off positions, its xmas, half way through the season. We get gates of 2500, we are solvent , money in the bank and in League 1. We have been in league 1 for 4 seasons out of the last 38. We have 5 players from the academy excelling in league 1. We are punching so far above our weight its frightening. Some people on this site need to get some perspective. All of the teams I have mentioned attract far bigger gates than us, have far bigger budgets than us, have been in league 1 and the championship for longer than we have been in league 1. We need to get some perspective. I had a pop at a fan who sits behind me today who is a big player in the supporters trust . He started to berate the players, McDermott in particular after 2 mins, he stated get it forward, stop pissing about....2 mins. He's done it for 2 years, he's so negative its unreal, he's not the only one in the main stand. I'm sure there are others in all parts of the grounds. Put them right, tell them. OMG. We have so many uneducated fans, its not their fault, football has evolved in the last 5 years, we have managers at this level with a pro licence, managers who promote youth, managers who play systems and use strategies and training methods that Mourinho and Ferguson have used. Banging it forward playing back to front football is so archaic. however that's what the uneducated and the older element want, its all they know. I coach at academy level, have a UEFA B Licence coaching badge and I can relate to and APPRECIATE What Keith is doing. We are trying to play cultured football, playing through the thirds, patient football where re cycling and moving from one side of the pitch to the other, drawing the opposition out and dictating play towards an overload are part of a strategy that exits in modern day football. We might not have the players to be 100% successful doing this, but we are trying to do things the right way and to date we have been bloody successful. The players are being educated to PLAY, we don't have the right to berate, we are fans, supporters, we have had one hell of a ride with Keith, the best 10 years in the clubs history. Fans can be very short sighted, to eager for the next 3 points. Don't forget this club has never, never, never been in league 1 for 3 consecutive seasons... never, just bear that in mind when you say we were crap today, Keith has lost the plot, we need a striker...etc. I hate the fact that some of our supporters are flying their premier league flag of sack him get someone else in....remember Coleman, Eyre, Jesus Christ have a day off. If you want to come to a game and slag everyone off for 90 mins, stay at home and do it to the missus. Support the team or stay away . Failing that get educated and change the record, we've never had it so good. !!!!
Dale play subscription on 23:02 - Dec 19 with 2188 viewsPaulHeymanGuy

Good copy and paste job. I read that on another thread.
I'm not taking him for granted and yes I remember the bad times. But jesus christ I don't expect the manager to constantly bash the fans which is just driving a bigger wedge between management and fans
Dale play subscription on 23:06 - Dec 19 with 2179 views442Dale

Dale play subscription on 23:02 - Dec 19 by PaulHeymanGuy

Good copy and paste job. I read that on another thread.
I'm not taking him for granted and yes I remember the bad times. But jesus christ I don't expect the manager to constantly bash the fans which is just driving a bigger wedge between management and fans

And whatever anyone thinks about the specifics, that last point is the relevant one. It's so unnecessary.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dale play subscription on 23:59 - Dec 19 with 2096 viewsMancDale

Absolutely spot on post that from mholt. Think most fans can see the bigger picture but there's a few that have really started to lose the plot.

Genuinely couldn't give a damn what any manager or player says. It's all just an irrelevance that'll be forgotten about by next week. Surprised that people are so sensitive to it.
Dale play subscription on 00:25 - Dec 20 with 2058 views1mark1

Dale play subscription on 23:59 - Dec 19 by MancDale

Absolutely spot on post that from mholt. Think most fans can see the bigger picture but there's a few that have really started to lose the plot.

Genuinely couldn't give a damn what any manager or player says. It's all just an irrelevance that'll be forgotten about by next week. Surprised that people are so sensitive to it.

I would say that it is Hill who is the sensitive one, not being to handle a relatively small number of fans not being happy, and actually showing it. How would he cope with a much bigger club's fans having a go, in much bigger numbers?

Quite frankly I don't give a damn whether he is happy or not at the fans. He can learn to live with it, in the knowledge that he is receiving a nice decent wage, for doing a job that would be a dream job for many.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Dale play subscription on 00:49 - Dec 20 with 2027 viewsPDIDDY

Tbh,,I,heard the odd moan and laughed,hill seems too interested in chatting with the oppo manager or clapping when a player does the right thing in kicking the ball out when a players injured, frankly he's OTT .... But a good manager

Gissa job

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024