Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scout/s 16:59 - Dec 30 with 4649 viewsstid

Who is he?
Scout/s on 17:01 - Dec 30 with 3685 viewsDarran

David Leadbeater

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Scout/s on 17:04 - Dec 30 with 3667 viewsLoyal

Baden Powell

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Scout/s on 17:08 - Dec 30 with 3643 viewsstid

Who ever it is they are stealing a living
Scout/s on 17:14 - Dec 30 with 3608 viewsLoyal

Scout/s on 17:08 - Dec 30 by stid

Who ever it is they are stealing a living

They have unearthed considerable talent in Fulton, McBurnie, Kingsley etc.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Scout/s on 17:29 - Dec 30 with 3551 viewsdobjack2

Scout/s on 17:14 - Dec 30 by Loyal

They have unearthed considerable talent in Fulton, McBurnie, Kingsley etc.

Who scouts our overseas signings?
Scout/s on 18:35 - Dec 30 with 3451 viewsskippyjack

Successes

Vorm Bought for 1.5m Sold for 3.5m
Graham Bought for 3.5m Sold for 5m
Tremmel Free
Caulker Loan
Ki 5.5m
Amat 2.5m
Shelvey 5m
Routledge 2m
Bony 13m Sold for 28m
Fabianski Free
Montero 3m
Ferandez 7m
Cork 2m

Doubtful

Bartley Bought for 1m
Tiendalli Free
King
Fulton
Emnes
Gomis Free
Kingsley
Barrow 1.75m
Grimes 1.75m
Naughton 5m
Carroll Loan
Oliviera Loan
Ayew Free
Tabanou 3.5m
Nordfeldt 600k
Eder 5m
McBurnie
Biabi

Failures

Lita Bought for 1.75m Released
Moreira Bought for 1m Released
Situ Bought for 250k Released
Donnelly for 200k Released
Agustien Free
Proctor 250k Sold for 150k
Shechter Loan
Obeng
Donnelly
N'Gog 600k!
Meade Free

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Scout/s on 18:45 - Dec 30 with 3412 viewsshandyjack

Scout/s on 18:35 - Dec 30 by skippyjack

Successes

Tremmel Free
Caulker Loan
Ki 5.5m
Amat 2.5m
Shelvey 5m
Routledge 2m
Bony 13m Sold for 28m
Fabianski Free
Montero 3m
Ferandez 7m
Cork 2m

Doubtful

Bartley Bought for 1m
Tiendalli Free
King
Fulton
Emnes
Gomis Free
Kingsley
Barrow 1.75m
Grimes 1.75m
Naughton 5m
Carroll Loan
Oliviera Loan
Ayew Free
Tabanou 3.5m
Nordfeldt 600k
Eder 5m
McBurnie
Biabi

Failures

Agustien Free
Shechter Loan
Obeng
Donnelly
N'Gog 600k!
Meade Free

Ayew,Naughton and Grimes doubtful?????

Poll: Expectation for the season

Scout/s on 19:04 - Dec 30 with 3360 viewsLoyal

Scout/s on 17:29 - Dec 30 by dobjack2

Who scouts our overseas signings?

As has been explained on here before the club employ agents to source players, the players we sign these days don't need scouting that happened years ago when they were not known. You don't need a scout to tell you Ayew or Cork are good players.

I think we need to see the difference between scouts and agents then maybe we can understand the issues. 👍
[Post edited 30 Dec 2015 19:05]

Login to get fewer ads

Scout/s on 19:28 - Dec 30 with 3304 viewsjasper_T

George Foster is the club's European scout.
Scout/s on 22:23 - Dec 30 with 3187 viewsLoyal

Scout/s on 19:28 - Dec 30 by jasper_T

George Foster is the club's European scout.

For kids.

Scout/s on 22:38 - Dec 30 with 3150 viewsGowerjack

Scout/s on 18:45 - Dec 30 by shandyjack

Ayew,Naughton and Grimes doubtful?????

Yep.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Scout/s on 22:42 - Dec 30 with 3138 viewsStarsky

Scout/s on 18:35 - Dec 30 by skippyjack

Successes

Tremmel Free
Caulker Loan
Ki 5.5m
Amat 2.5m
Shelvey 5m
Routledge 2m
Bony 13m Sold for 28m
Fabianski Free
Montero 3m
Ferandez 7m
Cork 2m

Doubtful

Bartley Bought for 1m
Tiendalli Free
King
Fulton
Emnes
Gomis Free
Kingsley
Barrow 1.75m
Grimes 1.75m
Naughton 5m
Carroll Loan
Oliviera Loan
Ayew Free
Tabanou 3.5m
Nordfeldt 600k
Eder 5m
McBurnie
Biabi

Failures

Agustien Free
Shechter Loan
Obeng
Donnelly
N'Gog 600k!
Meade Free

You put Ayew and Eder in the same section?
Eder cost 5mill and Ayew for free

It's just the internet, init.

Scout/s on 22:49 - Dec 30 with 3109 viewsporschejack

porschejack has a say you know .
Scout/s on 23:08 - Dec 30 with 3064 viewsdobjack2

Scout/s on 19:04 - Dec 30 by Loyal

As has been explained on here before the club employ agents to source players, the players we sign these days don't need scouting that happened years ago when they were not known. You don't need a scout to tell you Ayew or Cork are good players.

I think we need to see the difference between scouts and agents then maybe we can understand the issues. 👍
[Post edited 30 Dec 2015 19:05]

Thank you for that. I thought that Signing players based on recommendations from their agents accompanied by a dvd of their best YouTube clips was a wind up.

Scouting is probably the wrong word then. i suppose the question I was trying to ask is who from the club watches overseas based players play before we sign them? I am making an assumption that we watch at least some of the overseas players play before we sign them.
Scout/s on 00:42 - Dec 31 with 2995 viewsLoyal

Scout/s on 23:08 - Dec 30 by dobjack2

Thank you for that. I thought that Signing players based on recommendations from their agents accompanied by a dvd of their best YouTube clips was a wind up.

Scouting is probably the wrong word then. i suppose the question I was trying to ask is who from the club watches overseas based players play before we sign them? I am making an assumption that we watch at least some of the overseas players play before we sign them.

We probably get reports if a commission is needed. I think Swansea are more about potential and development. Eder as an example. I mean surely they saw something .....

I have been told by a local agent that we do masses of background checks, family checks etc on certain players.habits etc - Not a bad game to get in to.

I'll wait now for the list of players who are fck ups 😂

Scout/s on 00:58 - Dec 31 with 2970 viewsDewi1jack

Can't believe that Vasquez is missing from that list of failures.
Although the only thing he was good at was creating a new category that goes beyond abject failure.

Or Michu/ Flores/ JDG/ Pablo/ Siggy etc are missing from the lists either
And how the loving f**k does Andre make the doubtful list. We will make a lot of money when he hands in his transfer request. Bafe the same if the middle easterners offer enough to him and he hands in a request (avoids paying the rest of the signing on bonuses!!!)

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Scout/s on 02:01 - Dec 31 with 2934 viewsskippyjack

Scout/s on 00:58 - Dec 31 by Dewi1jack

Can't believe that Vasquez is missing from that list of failures.
Although the only thing he was good at was creating a new category that goes beyond abject failure.

Or Michu/ Flores/ JDG/ Pablo/ Siggy etc are missing from the lists either
And how the loving f**k does Andre make the doubtful list. We will make a lot of money when he hands in his transfer request. Bafe the same if the middle easterners offer enough to him and he hands in a request (avoids paying the rest of the signing on bonuses!!!)

Michu/ Flores/ JDG/ Pablo/ Siggy

Were not our 'scouts' decision.

Ayew has only played half a season

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Scout/s on 02:45 - Dec 31 with 2912 viewsdobjack2

Scout/s on 00:42 - Dec 31 by Loyal

We probably get reports if a commission is needed. I think Swansea are more about potential and development. Eder as an example. I mean surely they saw something .....

I have been told by a local agent that we do masses of background checks, family checks etc on certain players.habits etc - Not a bad game to get in to.

I'll wait now for the list of players who are fck ups 😂

Cheers.

So basically our whole player acquisition system (let's not use scouting) can be independent of a manager unless his agent recommends players or the manager has specific targets from before he joined the club. The manager/coach role being primarily to identify the areas that need strengthening, clearly from previous threads the coach/manager does not necessarily get a particular player as with the background checks and fee etc. The board will have the final say.
Scout/s on 08:03 - Dec 31 with 2838 viewsAnotherJohn

Scout/s on 02:45 - Dec 31 by dobjack2

Cheers.

So basically our whole player acquisition system (let's not use scouting) can be independent of a manager unless his agent recommends players or the manager has specific targets from before he joined the club. The manager/coach role being primarily to identify the areas that need strengthening, clearly from previous threads the coach/manager does not necessarily get a particular player as with the background checks and fee etc. The board will have the final say.

I seem to remember that after our League Cup winning season ML claimed that he had given the board a list of targets and was then waiting for them to move ahead with those players with whom deals could be done. It would be very interesting to know the exact dynamics of that process, because my guess is that that is where the romance started to sour. Presumably Bony was one name on the list, though whether he came from ML or the scouts I am not sure. Clearly Emnes and N'Gog came from the scouts/board and not ML.
Scout/s on 08:42 - Dec 31 with 2801 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Scout/s on 08:03 - Dec 31 by AnotherJohn

I seem to remember that after our League Cup winning season ML claimed that he had given the board a list of targets and was then waiting for them to move ahead with those players with whom deals could be done. It would be very interesting to know the exact dynamics of that process, because my guess is that that is where the romance started to sour. Presumably Bony was one name on the list, though whether he came from ML or the scouts I am not sure. Clearly Emnes and N'Gog came from the scouts/board and not ML.

Huw playing football manager, only for real?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Scout/s on 09:27 - Dec 31 with 2750 viewsjasper_T

Scout/s on 22:42 - Dec 30 by Starsky

If you include signing on fees Ayew was more expensive.

Add wages and it's not even close.
Scout/s on 10:40 - Dec 31 with 2693 viewsDewi1jack

Scout/s on 02:01 - Dec 31 by skippyjack

Michu/ Flores/ JDG/ Pablo/ Siggy

Were not our 'scouts' decision.

Ayew has only played half a season

No player is our "scouts" decision.
In fact no player is a scouts decision at any club.
"scouts" only watch, compile lists/ dossiers on players, stick them in a book and recommend to any club.

Then some rotten, nasty waiter runs off with the little black book

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Scout/s on 11:36 - Dec 31 with 2652 viewsoldcob

Scout/s on 22:42 - Dec 30 by Starsky

Vorm went to Spurs on a free.
Scout/s on 11:38 - Dec 31 with 2641 viewsStarsky

Scout/s on 11:36 - Dec 31 by oldcob

Vorm went to Spurs on a free.

Yes he did... But I don't think you meant to quote me. ;)

It's just the internet, init.

Scout/s on 12:32 - Dec 31 with 2599 viewsLoyal

Scout/s on 08:03 - Dec 31 by AnotherJohn

Right, we do watch players, but they are not scouted and discovered by scouts as such, unless they are kids. Bony wouldn't need 'scouting' he would have come via an agent or our Dutch contacts. You don't score 25 odd goals in the top dutch league and require scouting.

As many have stated on here our club runs a system that is considered similar to the bigger European clubs whereby the board are the main decision makers on players. They employ agents to be the conduit to obtain the players we want. Not scouts - the declared agents fees for this are a clue. From what I know the club do speak with the coaching staff on areas to fulfill and the manager has a say but the final edit is the board, and has been for numerous seasons.

The younger players recruited normally always come from scouts, as has been said Ayew, Gomis, Cork etc will come from agents, mostly employed by the club, or the board liking the player and signing him. 👍
[Post edited 31 Dec 2015 12:33]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024