Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else miss the lower league's. 02:52 - Jan 17 with 8290 viewsClydachjack

Yes it's been fun up here in the premier league, but it gets a bit boring, same teams every year.

At least when we were lower league you had a chance of going up or down, to be honest we are never going to be a top team so midtable is all we can aim for.

At the vetch it was always us against the world, signing player's on a shoestring budget.

Yes football has moved on, but there's no excitement anymore. Year's ago if we drew Liverpool or arsenal in the fa cup it was great, now it's just blah.
Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 06:45 - Jan 17 with 4900 viewsJethroJack

Complete & utter....testicles.
Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 06:54 - Jan 17 with 4883 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Last season the team was legitimately in a position for Europe with two games left. And the team this season was even better on paper.

Leicester should be even more proof that a team like Swansea can strive to be more than a "midtable" club. It just takes something we don't have this season.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 07:34 - Jan 17 with 4856 viewsshandyjack

i don't miss anything from the lower leagues, and would be geniuinly gutted if we were to drop out of dining at the top table

Poll: Expectation for the season

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 07:44 - Jan 17 with 4841 viewsSwaneeRiver

Utter nonsense.
I'd rather see us competing against the likes of Stoke, Palace, whoever for mid-table PL "mediocrity" than battling against "sleeping giants" such as Derby, Leeds, Sheff Wed, Forest for promotion or worse battling against sinking back into the lower reaches of the (Third) Division.
Losing to Sunderland in controversial fashion in front of MOTD cameras and 20k people is far more exciting than playing Northampton on a soggy Friday night in front of 2.5 k
People really need to take their rose tinted glasses off about the "good old days"
Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 08:04 - Jan 17 with 4822 viewshobo

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 07:44 - Jan 17 by SwaneeRiver

Utter nonsense.
I'd rather see us competing against the likes of Stoke, Palace, whoever for mid-table PL "mediocrity" than battling against "sleeping giants" such as Derby, Leeds, Sheff Wed, Forest for promotion or worse battling against sinking back into the lower reaches of the (Third) Division.
Losing to Sunderland in controversial fashion in front of MOTD cameras and 20k people is far more exciting than playing Northampton on a soggy Friday night in front of 2.5 k
People really need to take their rose tinted glasses off about the "good old days"

I think it's must be their way of coping with the threat of relegation. If they make themselves believe that they preferred the lower leagues then relegation won't hit them so hard
Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 08:22 - Jan 17 with 4787 viewsjack247

The whole point of football is to try to be as successful as you can. There are aspects I miss, like the cameraderie, but as a whole I'm much happier where we are now. Relegation dogfight or not.

Sounds like you are saying you wouldn't mind being further down the leagues, so we could aspire to getting back where we are now?
Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 08:56 - Jan 17 with 4728 viewsDarran

Away games were much more fun in the lower leagues and anyone that says they weren't are either lying or they weren't there.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 08:59 - Jan 17 with 4712 viewspencoedjack

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 08:56 - Jan 17 by Darran

Away games were much more fun in the lower leagues and anyone that says they weren't are either lying or they weren't there.

This ^

I want to stay in the PL but if we go down to me (personally) its not the end of world.

For the club moving forward its a massive kick in the bollocks.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 09:02 - Jan 17 with 4700 viewsSwaneeRiver

TBH Darran I used to follow the Swans everywhere until we got into the First Division.
After Preston 1981, my next away game was Cardiff the Boxing Day game when we threatened with closure (post the Walsall non-game).
Only PL grounds I've been to are Newcastle and Man U.
As you say, I used to enjoy football, especially away, back then, but it was nothing compared to what we are lucky to have experienced the past few years
Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 09:36 - Jan 17 with 4626 viewsjack247

Yes, they were. The camaraderie aspect was brilliant. I go to less away games now than I did in league two, because of the sterile atmosphere, more than the cost.

I doubt it is like that these days, with all seater stadiums though and I have no desire to find out. We would have to drop to league one at least to get anything like the kind of atmosphere you used to get away from home, even then I don't think you would get it very often.
Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 09:44 - Jan 17 with 4614 viewsoldcob

Anyone missing the lower leagues should get a ST with Cardiff or even Newport. The premiership should be the aim of every club and its supporters.
Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 09:47 - Jan 17 with 4599 viewsAngelRangelQS

I miss the away days - though arguably these were even more fun in leagues 1 and 2...

I miss the midweek games, the chance of promotion/play offs

I miss not having a team full of mercenaries
Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 09:49 - Jan 17 with 4588 viewsItchySphincter

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 07:34 - Jan 17 by shandyjack

i don't miss anything from the lower leagues, and would be geniuinly gutted if we were to drop out of dining at the top table

The atmosphere at the Vetch was better. Anyone who disagrees wasn't there.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 09:50 - Jan 17 with 4582 viewsblaine_scfc

Maybe we should fall down the leagues. Build a good league two squad, win a few games have a few parties at sh*thole grounds in Accrington and York and then play a few ineligible players for a points deduction so we can do it all again the year after.

F*ck it, sounds like a plan. Sort it Huw
Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 09:56 - Jan 17 with 4562 viewsjackonicko

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 09:49 - Jan 17 by ItchySphincter

The atmosphere at the Vetch was better. Anyone who disagrees wasn't there.

There were times when the Vetch was brilliant. There were many times when the atmosphere was pretty poor too.

Same at the Lib. Forest in the playoffs, that Yeovil game on a Friday night (trundles lob and the skanky streaker) and the Leeds match all come immediately to mind where the atmosphere probably beat anything that the Vetch produced in my lifetime*

* caveat that I missed Div1 the first time around.
Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 10:01 - Jan 17 with 4540 viewsJackfath

Sounds like people are already giving up.

Dear God.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 10:01 - Jan 17 with 4542 viewsDarran

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 09:56 - Jan 17 by jackonicko

There were times when the Vetch was brilliant. There were many times when the atmosphere was pretty poor too.

Same at the Lib. Forest in the playoffs, that Yeovil game on a Friday night (trundles lob and the skanky streaker) and the Leeds match all come immediately to mind where the atmosphere probably beat anything that the Vetch produced in my lifetime*

I don't agree with that I've never seen an atmosphere at the Liberty to match the best at the Vetch.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 10:02 - Jan 17 with 4534 viewsAngelRangelQS

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 09:56 - Jan 17 by jackonicko

Is the right answer

Our fans were great at the vetch, loud and supportive. There were times when there were 3,000 people there paying little attention to the game as it was so dire. There were times when they got on the players backs, threw abuse at them, booed and called for managers to be sacked

Funnily enough the same thing can be said for the liberty
Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 10:10 - Jan 17 with 4509 viewslovejuicejack

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 09:50 - Jan 17 by blaine_scfc

Maybe we should fall down the leagues. Build a good league two squad, win a few games have a few parties at sh*thole grounds in Accrington and York and then play a few ineligible players for a points deduction so we can do it all again the year after.

F*ck it, sounds like a plan. Sort it Huw

Don't worry he is sorting it!
Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 10:12 - Jan 17 with 4503 viewscontroversial_jack

It hasn't been that much fun in the prem, it's not as good as I expected, but I don't want relegation
Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 10:14 - Jan 17 with 4493 viewsBloodyhills

In the same way I miss rickets Diphtheria and smallpox.

I miss the good old days.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 10:16 - Jan 17 with 4484 viewsJackanapes

Im calling for a reconvening of the BYHOS.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 10:17 - Jan 17 with 4474 viewsjackonicko

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 10:14 - Jan 17 by Bloodyhills

In the same way I miss rickets Diphtheria and smallpox.

I miss the good old days.

To be fair, the catering at the Lib is probably less edible than the Vetch.
Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 10:19 - Jan 17 with 4461 viewsJackanapes

Kidderminsters food was great. At the rate we are 'plummeting down the leagues'(sic) we will be in a position to try it once again soon enough.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 10:19]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 10:20 - Jan 17 with 4450 viewsBloodyhills

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 10:17 - Jan 17 by jackonicko

To be fair, the catering at the Lib is probably less edible than the Vetch.

I did like the pasties in the North Bank. LoL

If we do go down it's not the end of the world but would prefer to stay in the prem.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024