Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The traditional halftime spliff 12:03 - Jan 19 with 3076 viewsstircrazyjack

There's no other reason I can think of as to why we are so poor directly after halftime in the majority of games so far this season.

We had a go forward can do attitude first half bit as soon as the second half kicked off the fullbacks immediately started being overly cautious (somewhat understandable yes) and passing back to either the centre backs or fabianski this meaning we were being hurried by Watfords front 2 and on many occasions last night nearly cost us.

I'm Not just blaming the fullbacks for this as that was just an example as ki was equally if not more to blame too but a better team than Watford would have scored at least once last night from our negativity I'd rather our players (at present) if out of options play the ball down the flanks and channels and give the ball away in that way rather than play another player into trouble as happened again and again last night.

I didn't envisage Watford creating from their own half last night and they were basically "old school watford" for me who created havoc in our back line and deep midfielders thru hard work , physicality and the odd late challenge.

Basically all I'm saying is we need to STAY Being more positive thru the team. Watford didn't create anything last night but still could/ should have scored at least one with their efforts on goal all coming from us pissing about with the ball once negativity kicked in.

Let's be bold, attack is the best form of defense.!
The traditional halftime spliff on 12:09 - Jan 19 with 3030 viewsEasternJack

Easier said than done. Watford upped their game in the 2nd half with much more aggressive and coordinated pressing as well as a high-back line compressing the game.

This caused us to play more conservatively - which I agree added risk to the game.

I thought that the Barrow sub would have adjusted the above problem and pushed their backline back - opening up the midfield, but I felt we never really got going with maximising that. A bold move would have been Montero on the left as well to either force Watford back or allow us a few clear runs at goal.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

The traditional halftime spliff on 12:13 - Jan 19 with 3005 viewsstircrazyjack

The traditional halftime spliff on 12:09 - Jan 19 by EasternJack

Easier said than done. Watford upped their game in the 2nd half with much more aggressive and coordinated pressing as well as a high-back line compressing the game.

This caused us to play more conservatively - which I agree added risk to the game.

I thought that the Barrow sub would have adjusted the above problem and pushed their backline back - opening up the midfield, but I felt we never really got going with maximising that. A bold move would have been Montero on the left as well to either force Watford back or allow us a few clear runs at goal.

Yes of course it's not easy and its these fine margins that are the difference between 3 points and nowt. I'm chuffed with last night's performance but I want us to help ourselves and not concede from being cautious

It's just an observation from the game and not meant as a negative post
The traditional halftime spliff on 12:18 - Jan 19 with 2976 viewstherealme

Of course Watford pushed up second half but there were a number of opportunities where either Taylor or Naughton could have put it into the channels for 1 of the strikers to latch onto and turned the defence, as the OP is saying

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

The traditional halftime spliff on 12:22 - Jan 19 with 2949 viewsstircrazyjack

The traditional halftime spliff on 12:18 - Jan 19 by therealme

Of course Watford pushed up second half but there were a number of opportunities where either Taylor or Naughton could have put it into the channels for 1 of the strikers to latch onto and turned the defence, as the OP is saying

Yes indeed. The body language of naughton in paticular changed second half. Before receiving the ball he almost curved his body in an arc in order to pass it backwards. (Sorry that's a poor description ) but I hope u see where I'm coming from.
The traditional halftime spliff on 12:25 - Jan 19 with 2919 viewsOldjack

At that stage of the game i don't think Frank liked what he was seeing ,he'll sort it i'm sure

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The traditional halftime spliff on 13:30 - Jan 19 with 2679 viewsPegojack

It was noticeable that one of the coaching staff had the Swans players doing the warm up routine on the touchline with the cones immediately before the second half kick off.

So they obviously recognize that we have a problem going to sleep at half time and failing to wake up when we come back out. Didn't work, though.
The traditional halftime spliff on 13:32 - Jan 19 with 2665 viewsDarran

The traditional halftime spliff on 13:30 - Jan 19 by Pegojack

It was noticeable that one of the coaching staff had the Swans players doing the warm up routine on the touchline with the cones immediately before the second half kick off.

So they obviously recognize that we have a problem going to sleep at half time and failing to wake up when we come back out. Didn't work, though.

They did it before the start of the first half too.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2016 13:32]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The traditional halftime spliff on 13:54 - Jan 19 with 2607 viewstrampie

Yes I have noticed also like the OP that we often tend to come out for the second half slowly, Sunderland and Watford both followed that pattern.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Login to get fewer ads

The traditional halftime spliff on 13:55 - Jan 19 with 2605 viewsjasper_T

Half the team knacker themselves out in the first half. There's far less movement in the second half of games, so our passing game breaks down.
The traditional halftime spliff on 14:09 - Jan 19 with 2561 viewsEasternJack

The traditional halftime spliff on 12:13 - Jan 19 by stircrazyjack

Yes of course it's not easy and its these fine margins that are the difference between 3 points and nowt. I'm chuffed with last night's performance but I want us to help ourselves and not concede from being cautious

It's just an observation from the game and not meant as a negative post

Didn't read it as negative :) In fact, I'm pretty sure I agreed with you. I just think the problem is more of a tactical one - which reflects in the relative experience of our last 2 managers.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

The traditional halftime spliff on 16:31 - Jan 19 with 2439 viewsnantywatcher

The traditional halftime spliff on 14:09 - Jan 19 by EasternJack

Didn't read it as negative :) In fact, I'm pretty sure I agreed with you. I just think the problem is more of a tactical one - which reflects in the relative experience of our last 2 managers.

Spot on more than anything ( and that includes new players) what we need is someone who is tactically aware.For a long time we have been lacking a coach who can react positively to our first 45 minutes shortcomings.The Sunderland game was a classic example when decided to hand the ball and the initiative over to the opposition. We lost that match in minutes 46 -50.
The traditional halftime spliff on 19:48 - Jan 19 with 2287 viewsdobjack2

The traditional halftime spliff on 16:31 - Jan 19 by nantywatcher

Spot on more than anything ( and that includes new players) what we need is someone who is tactically aware.For a long time we have been lacking a coach who can react positively to our first 45 minutes shortcomings.The Sunderland game was a classic example when decided to hand the ball and the initiative over to the opposition. We lost that match in minutes 46 -50.

Indeed under Laudrup in the second half we seemed able to counter what teams had done to us in the first half (in the latter stages after a poor first half) in monks early days we tended to be better set up in the first half but couldn't react to counters by the opposition.
The traditional halftime spliff on 20:48 - Jan 19 with 2185 viewsGlyn1

The traditional halftime spliff on 19:48 - Jan 19 by dobjack2

Indeed under Laudrup in the second half we seemed able to counter what teams had done to us in the first half (in the latter stages after a poor first half) in monks early days we tended to be better set up in the first half but couldn't react to counters by the opposition.

Yes. People used to say on this forum that our passing style of play was difficult for our opponents who would spend a lot of time chasing the ball, and were tired out after 60 minutes or so, which is why we scored more goals in the 2nd halves than in the 1st halves

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The traditional halftime spliff on 20:51 - Jan 19 with 2172 viewsdameedna

We failed despite a few players absolutely busting a gut for the team to go in at half time 2 up.

For many games we are showing tiredness after a first half struggle.

We should make a sub at half time more often as we have a big enough squad an Gomis Montero Barrow are good enough to come on early.

Luckily Watford are tiring and not playing as well as they were first half if the season.

Williams wheels are starting to come off but he keeps going.

Some of our players particularly Full backs and midfield come out second half and her Mullered Leicester was relentless but Watford was a perfect example of a tired team losing marginally with a will to win.

Close game but we should gave been 2 or 3 up by half time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024