Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mid table. 08:49 - Jan 24 with 2076 viewsRSoul

I remember one of the fanzines in the nineties, comparing us to Cliff Richard because we were always mid table. This year although stressful, is more like years of my youth. I really don't think my blood pressure, could take another season like the last five. This season is gradually becoming quite therapeutic, now I except we are not going up. I am not alone in thinking this, am I?
Mid table. on 09:23 - Jan 24 with 2006 viewsWestonsuperR

11pts off the Play-offs, 11pts from bottom 3, we are going nowhere!
Mid table. on 10:38 - Jan 24 with 1922 viewskropotkin41

I'm settling into this season like a hot bath.

No catastrophes; no splurges; no four-year-plans; no new aged superstars; one or two potential hard working heroes, and that quite realistic hope that next time around people might say of us "Oh QPR, they're having quite a good season, hard to beat," or "QPR playing nice football under Hasselbank."

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Mid table. on 10:48 - Jan 24 with 1901 viewsbarabajagal

Aspiration takes many forms. After so many schizophrenic seasons, a season where we can see a plan, think about progress and just getting it right would be wonderful. It's probably an unpopular view, afterall fans pay a lot of money and sacrifice a lot of time to follow their team, but just to have a little stability would be great. I concur 100% with the thread.
Mid table. on 10:55 - Jan 24 with 1889 viewsTacticalR

Mid table. on 10:38 - Jan 24 by kropotkin41

I'm settling into this season like a hot bath.

No catastrophes; no splurges; no four-year-plans; no new aged superstars; one or two potential hard working heroes, and that quite realistic hope that next time around people might say of us "Oh QPR, they're having quite a good season, hard to beat," or "QPR playing nice football under Hasselbank."

That's a good point. Even though we have seen some strange lurches in strategy this season, it's easy to forget that there are a lot of things we are *not* seeing, such as constant bad publicity about bad eggs.

Air hostess clique

Mid table. on 11:28 - Jan 24 with 1822 viewsTheBlob

Switzerland had five hundred years of peace and cosiness and all they produced was the cuckoo clock.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Mid table. on 12:30 - Jan 24 with 1742 viewsTacticalR

I thought that the dream of the club was mediocrity? Just mediocrity in another league.

However, instead of punching above our weight in that league we ended up as a punch bag.

Air hostess clique

Mid table. on 13:05 - Jan 24 with 1694 views08olesen

Personally i am very excited with where we are going under JFH. If you had asked most of us on here before this season if we would have settled for mid table and signs of an improving wage structure, then we would of been very happy.

I like the pressing game JFH is trying to introduce, and with good quality young lads like Hall, Polter and Smithies around, i think the future looks bright. Not to mention Kepekwa and Furlong, who can play a big part in our team going forward IMO.

If we had gone straight back up this year it would have only been for 1 year anyway, so at least this way we give ourselves a better chance of staying up when/IF we do gain promotion.

JFH has got improved performances out of Hoilett , which very few mangers have been able to do. If he carries on like he has been i reckon he can be a decent premier league winger, and he is still a good age at 25.

All in all, i think Lee Hoos seems to be doing a good job trying to get the finances right and TF is taking more of a backseat part without all the twitter antics.

Quietly content at the moment

Poll: Who will the other play off

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024