Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
49 years ago today 08:02 - Mar 4 with 10091 viewsQPR1882

[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 8:04]
49 years ago today on 19:38 - Mar 4 with 2548 viewsNoDiddley

Was there as a 9 year old behind the goal all 5 were scored in along with my Dad & brother.
Bro turned out to be a Spud & me Dad was an Gooner but took us as his mates were R's.
Strange family!
i can remember what my Mum made for us to eat that day but can't remember what I done last week!!!
49 years ago today on 20:01 - Mar 4 with 2540 viewsenfieldargh

can you tell me where one would have purchase a rattle?

i always wanted one but had no idea where to buy one

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

49 years ago today on 20:10 - Mar 4 with 2529 viewsVancouverHoop

49 years ago today on 20:01 - Mar 4 by enfieldargh

can you tell me where one would have purchase a rattle?

i always wanted one but had no idea where to buy one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00N57F6BS/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3/275-9794532-7517965

No Amazon back then of course. I got mine from the local sport supply shop in Old Stevenage. That was in about 1963.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 20:14]
49 years ago today on 20:11 - Mar 4 with 2525 viewsTHEBUSH

Yep I was there, oh how good that win was, it made it the two best football years of my life.

The year before I saw England win the World Cup at Wembley, how could I ever beat that.
49 years ago today on 23:40 - Mar 4 with 2462 viewsCanadaRanger

I would have been 6... too young to go. Not sure if my Dad went. Can't ask him now, sadly. However, that year would have been my first as a "supporter". If Chesham United were playing at home that day, I would probably have been in the far stand (railings and gravel) there with my uncle and/or my other grandfather, watching some football and playing in the dirt.
49 years ago today on 06:15 - Mar 5 with 2436 viewsLadbrokeR

4/3/67 I was 6 but my dad rest his soul told a great story of how he got a ticket outside the ground for face value on the day. He then walked back to Northfields after the game high on the buzz of seeing us win.
49 years ago today on 08:34 - Mar 5 with 2403 viewskingo

49 years ago today on 23:40 - Mar 4 by CanadaRanger

I would have been 6... too young to go. Not sure if my Dad went. Can't ask him now, sadly. However, that year would have been my first as a "supporter". If Chesham United were playing at home that day, I would probably have been in the far stand (railings and gravel) there with my uncle and/or my other grandfather, watching some football and playing in the dirt.

It is funny you mention Chesham as we moved to Bucks in 67 and in 68 we went to Amersham to get my new school uniform and every shop had a transistor on listening to the football as Cheshsm were at Wembley.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

49 years ago today on 10:11 - Mar 5 with 2378 viewsPinnerR

49 years ago today on 20:10 - Mar 4 by VancouverHoop

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00N57F6BS/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3/275-9794532-7517965

No Amazon back then of course. I got mine from the local sport supply shop in Old Stevenage. That was in about 1963.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 20:14]

I got mine at Wally Kilmister's sports shop at Wembley Triangle.
Login to get fewer ads

49 years ago today on 10:51 - Mar 5 with 2370 viewsShotKneesHoop

I got my rattle in Genners Sportshop on the A312 in South Harrow.

I also upset my mum by using my spare bed sheet to paint "Rodney" on it, which was supported by two walking sticks painted blue and white. I lost the whole bloody issue when Mark's goal went in.

An unforgettable day that modern footballers can never bring us the sort of joy that Sir Alec's team did. I still can't really believed it all happened. Just a wonderful day, and it's why I will be going through the motions of making the trek to Loftus Road next week for the Brentford game to get a fraction of the enjoyment I got in the 60's from watching that marvellous team - knowing I will end up disappointed yet again.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

49 years ago today on 22:05 - Mar 5 with 2328 viewsHendonHoop

My dear old Dad got me my first Subuteo set at Wally Kilmisters Wembley.
49 years ago today on 22:17 - Mar 5 with 2327 viewsKerryE

49 years ago today on 19:37 - Mar 4 by wortonranger

Yes
I was there.
And my write up of the day helped me win a prize for English at my school ahead of class mates Clive Anderson and Michael Portillo. ( who are not Rangers fans though I think Clive is a gooner).

Was that Eton
49 years ago today on 23:09 - Mar 5 with 2316 viewsShotKneesHoop

49 years ago today on 22:17 - Mar 5 by KerryE

Was that Eton

Sounds like Harrow County with that sort of clientele.

Us locals who lived in the shadow of the Gasworks who passed the eleven plus got bussed or tubed out of the prime locale. I kid you not.

Having said that, if I had not been exported to a grammar school in Ealing via the Piccadilly line, I would probably never have been an R's fan.

And the world would have been much the poorer.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024