Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldhams pitch 08:30 - Mar 18 with 3128 viewsdingdangblue

A shocker, like the worst parts of Spotland - but all over. Hopefully they water it so its not to hard and bumpy and we can play our football.

[Post edited 18 Mar 2016 8:40]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Oldhams pitch on 12:22 - Mar 18 with 2915 viewsD_Dale

A well-worked goal by the Biffos, but if those are the highlights the other 88 minutes must have been dire.

I think the pitch has been grass-free for most of the season, but it didn't stop Posh and Southend scoring 5 goals there, and Scunny managed 4. Not much chance of that tomorrow as Sheridan has tightened the defence.

Given the Latics are fighting for their L1 place, I'm expecting a tough game tomorrow. They've lost fewer league matches than Dale this season (12/13) and the bookies are offering longer odds on an away win than a home one.
Oldhams pitch on 16:57 - Mar 18 with 2661 viewsspikey58

Talking to a Biffo-supporting workmate, their gameplan seems to be to keep it tight in the first half and try to hit on the break, then mount sustained pressure in the second half, so he doesn't expect them to come at us with all guns blazing at the start. Maybe another Bury-style opening from us might take advantage of that.
Oldhams pitch on 19:45 - Mar 19 with 2405 viewsregjenkins

The pitch hs always suffered from a lack of sun. No earthly thing will grow at the back of the main stand on sheepfoot lane. Ex premier league?

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Oldhams pitch on 13:22 - Mar 20 with 2145 viewsTrueDaleBlue

Have they left the plastic pitch down and just thrown more sand onto it, the ball seemed to be bouncing unusually high, same pitch for both teams though.
Oldhams pitch on 13:53 - Mar 20 with 2090 viewsrobbowood

Oldhams pitch on 19:45 - Mar 19 by regjenkins

The pitch hs always suffered from a lack of sun. No earthly thing will grow at the back of the main stand on sheepfoot lane. Ex premier league?

We have the same problem in front of the main stand. Very few clubs have sun on all of the pitch due to the shadow from one of the stands
Oldhams pitch on 14:04 - Mar 20 with 2066 views1mark1

Oldhams pitch on 13:53 - Mar 20 by robbowood

We have the same problem in front of the main stand. Very few clubs have sun on all of the pitch due to the shadow from one of the stands

Do Dale still have use of the former canibis growing lamps? Can they not be utilised?

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Oldhams pitch on 14:31 - Mar 20 with 2027 viewsrobbowood

Oldhams pitch on 14:04 - Mar 20 by 1mark1

Do Dale still have use of the former canibis growing lamps? Can they not be utilised?

I think we use the lamps in the goal areas and near the penalty spots to get the grass growing again

I suspect it is too large an area, in front of the main stand, to use the lamps
Oldhams pitch on 14:38 - Mar 20 with 2006 views1mark1

Oldhams pitch on 14:31 - Mar 20 by robbowood

I think we use the lamps in the goal areas and near the penalty spots to get the grass growing again

I suspect it is too large an area, in front of the main stand, to use the lamps

Cheers, sounds about right.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024