Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Embarrassing... 23:08 - Aug 5 with 8792 viewsMorSwan

Just read that all looks agreed for Ayew to join West Ham...

I am honestly quite embarrassed that we're selling arguably our best player to one of our rivals.

Yeah, we may be getting a lot for him but what's money like that if we aren't going to spend it on someone better? Borja Baston's been linked, everybody seems satisfied.

Llorente is a decent signing but it won't be enough to take us to the next level. Probably our first summer since we've been in the Premier League where we've had a chance to take the club to the next level on the pitch and we've sat back and watched it walk past.

I'm honestly gutted and disappointed that we are willing to let Ayew go off to West Ham.

[Post edited 5 Aug 2016 23:14]

Poll: What striker would you want?

Embarrassing... on 10:09 - Aug 6 with 1833 viewsSwanseaTID

Embarrassing... on 10:08 - Aug 6 by Clinton

Id love to see Chico back. I thought he was vastly underrated. I can't understand why he has never been picked up by another PL club.

He was an absolute nutter, but he was our nutter. Great ball playing centre back
Embarrassing... on 10:10 - Aug 6 with 1832 viewspencoedjack

Unfortunately Ayew is a square peg we are trying to fit into a circle.

IF we get this lad Baston in I will be happy with the changes we have made up top.

Personally if we get Oliveria in McBurnie may as well be moved on if he is not 3rd choice now afraid he won't make it.
Embarrassing... on 10:11 - Aug 6 with 1832 viewsplasjack

Embarrassing... on 10:04 - Aug 6 by Brynmill_Jack

Now you're talking. Could definitely play 3 at the back with Chico back.

Please let it happen.
Embarrassing... on 10:13 - Aug 6 with 1824 viewsnantywatcher

Embarrassing... on 10:11 - Aug 6 by plasjack

Please let it happen.

Let's start an online petition!!
Embarrassing... on 10:17 - Aug 6 with 1808 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Embarrassing... on 10:09 - Aug 6 by SwanseaTID

He was an absolute nutter, but he was our nutter. Great ball playing centre back

Every team needs characters, and he was a real character. Most of all a great ball playing CD as you rightfully said .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Embarrassing... on 10:36 - Aug 6 with 1753 viewsSwaneeRiver

Id love to see Chico back. I thought he was vastly underrated. I can't understand why he has never been picked up by another PL club.

Perhaps on account that the guy was a cheating, unpredictable liability ?
Glad he went and don't want to ever see him back
Embarrassing... on 10:59 - Aug 6 with 1698 viewsItchySphincter

Embarrassing... on 10:36 - Aug 6 by SwaneeRiver

Good player for us.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Embarrassing... on 11:01 - Aug 6 with 1694 viewsMagicDaps

Embarrassing... on 07:25 - Aug 6 by Tummer_from_Texas

At 31, it may not end up being wise to try to force more than 25 matches out of Llorente, even if he is our preferred striker. We shall see, but that needs to be considered.

He's 31, not 40 mun. Ashley Williams at 31 played every minute of our season until he was given an early holiday for the Euro's.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Login to get fewer ads

Embarrassing... on 11:03 - Aug 6 with 1683 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Baaaaa beware of the sheeple

Embarrassing... on 11:05 - Aug 6 with 1667 viewsDarran

Great post.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Embarrassing... on 11:08 - Aug 6 with 1649 viewsDafyddHuw

£20M far too cheap in today's climate.
Embarrassing... on 11:09 - Aug 6 with 1642 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Embarrassing... on 11:05 - Aug 6 by Darran

Great post.

My fishing skills just get better and better. And it's all down to oldjack . Pity I've only caught a small one this time..........

Embarrassing... on 11:16 - Aug 6 with 1606 viewsswansea101

Ayew for llorente, and hopefully Baston the defender were linked with, and it's been a good bit of business with gylfi resigning too. Fringe players loaned out like they should be, 2 of the biggest earners shipped out too, gives us room to manoeuvre if needs be come January too
Embarrassing... on 12:49 - Aug 6 with 1494 viewswaynekerr55

Embarrassing... on 11:08 - Aug 6 by DafyddHuw

£20M far too cheap in today's climate.

Unless they've taken on his liabilities of his is contract.

If they haven't then by fúck have we sold ourselves short

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Embarrassing... on 13:26 - Aug 6 with 1411 viewsGlyn1

Embarrassing... on 01:36 - Aug 6 by SwansNZ

There is no next level, unless they are talking about regular European qualification, which is stupid. Next level is just PR bullsh1t put out by the shareholders, as a reason to sell (for "investment").

I disagree.

The "next level" isn't about qualifying for Europe: it's about never being in relegation battles and consistently being in the top half of the table. In our last 5 seasons we've always finished between 8th and 12th - let's make it consistently between 8th and 10th.

It might be boring but personally I can do without the excitement of relegation battles.

But having said that, I'm happy with the decision to let Ayew go because, like others, I was never sure quite what his position was supposed to be. He seems a nice guy and he'll score goals for Spam but it seems a good deal for everyone.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Embarrassing... on 13:30 - Aug 6 with 1373 viewsGlyn1

Yes, but he was OUR cheating, unpredictable liability and I couldn't stop watching him play without smiling. I'd love to see him return.

Embarrassing... on 13:31 - Aug 6 with 1372 viewstylagarwjack

Why is Ayew £5m less than Wijnaldum?
Embarrassing... on 13:33 - Aug 6 with 1361 viewsDewi1jack

Embarrassing... on 12:49 - Aug 6 by waynekerr55

This.
Don't want unhappy players here but...

West Ham seem to be lobbing money around at the mo (trying to reach the next level and play the imaginary "West Ham way"?) so,
we should be pushing to the maximum they'll pay.
Trouble is, we've got rid of some deadwood- they'll need replacing with better players =£ or
Our new "investors" are going to want a return =£
I fear the latter. Only time will tell.
Is our scouting department still using FIFA footy manager whilst on away trips by bus?
Or watching youtube vids of previous Swans players/ those who've had 1 or 2 good games against us?
Certainly weren't talking to the Trust on those trips were they?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Embarrassing... on 13:39 - Aug 6 with 1342 viewsGlyn1

Embarrassing... on 11:16 - Aug 6 by swansea101

Ayew for llorente, and hopefully Baston the defender were linked with, and it's been a good bit of business with gylfi resigning too. Fringe players loaned out like they should be, 2 of the biggest earners shipped out too, gives us room to manoeuvre if needs be come January too

Gylfi's resigned??

Embarrassing... on 14:03 - Aug 6 with 1286 viewssomersetsimon

Embarrassing... on 12:49 - Aug 6 by waynekerr55

The price is determined by a number of things. We have a player who wants to leave, only West Ham appear to be interested in buying and we'd probably rather have £20m to spend on Chadli or Baston (or both).
If it was a player that we'd rather keep, like Gylfi, then the price is more for us to decide.

If the choice is (1) £20M to spend on other players or (2) keep Ayew in the squad, then I think we'd rather take the £20M.
Embarrassing... on 14:24 - Aug 6 with 1231 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Embarrassing... on 11:01 - Aug 6 by MagicDaps

He's 31, not 40 mun. Ashley Williams at 31 played every minute of our season until he was given an early holiday for the Euro's.

Ash is a CB and a rather freak-of-nature case, in my opinion. I'm not saying Llorente can't play 38 fixtures for us, I'm just saying that the chances a striker will need some breaks increase after 30.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Embarrassing... on 15:25 - Aug 6 with 1159 viewsStarsky

Embarrassing... on 14:24 - Aug 6 by Tummer_from_Texas

Ash is a CB and a rather freak-of-nature case, in my opinion. I'm not saying Llorente can't play 38 fixtures for us, I'm just saying that the chances a striker will need some breaks increase after 30.

I'd rather him play 38 games for 70 mins than 25 games for 90 mins

It's just the internet, init.

Embarrassing... on 15:39 - Aug 6 with 1143 viewsQuincy999

I don't get this love in about Chico. Yes he could play the ball out from the back very well but his actual defending was embarrassing at times. When you also take into account his theatrics then you've got a seriously unreliable player in the position you want stability.
Embarrassing... on 15:47 - Aug 6 with 1126 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Embarrassing... on 15:39 - Aug 6 by Quincy999

I don't get this love in about Chico. Yes he could play the ball out from the back very well but his actual defending was embarrassing at times. When you also take into account his theatrics then you've got a seriously unreliable player in the position you want stability.

Yeah mate, we conceded loads due to his cock ups didn't we. Even though he was covering for an ageing Rangel at the time. Are you subscribed to Allardyces twitter feed or what??

Embarrassing... on 15:51 - Aug 6 with 1101 viewswaynekerr55

Embarrassing... on 15:47 - Aug 6 by Brynmill_Jack

Yeah mate, we conceded loads due to his cock ups didn't we. Even though he was covering for an ageing Rangel at the time. Are you subscribed to Allardyces twitter feed or what??

Got to say he was outstanding against Napoli, he had the £75m Higuain in his back pocket at the Liberty

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024