Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Full Backs 14:32 - Aug 14 with 6042 viewsshandyjack

All the talk of our full backs being poor, i thouhg they both did very well yesterday. Kingsley's balls into the box were superb and Naughton seemed more switched on than normal

Poll: Expectation for the season

Full Backs on 20:58 - Aug 15 with 1006 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Full Backs on 19:51 - Aug 15 by jack247

And you think it's coincidence there wasn't anyone else to play? We have signed one left back to compete with him since being in the PL. Don't you think we would have signed someone if he was that bad? Or played someone like Tiendalli or Tabanou?

You understand the bit about stats now?

But neither of them was as good as Taylor, but that is not saying much is it.
I don't see where stats comes in to your comment at all.
Full Backs on 21:04 - Aug 15 with 1003 viewsjack247

Full Backs on 20:58 - Aug 15 by A_Fans_Dad

But neither of them was as good as Taylor, but that is not saying much is it.
I don't see where stats comes in to your comment at all.

Just read the conversation back from when you started talking about Rangel. From then on I've tried to explain that stats, while not being meaningless, are one dimensional and only tell a fraction of the picture.

Tiendalli wasn't as good as Taylor because we signed him as a backup full back who could cover both sides. We weren't concerned with either Taylor or Rangel. If we were we would have signed someone better. Tabanou was a genuine attempt to provide competition, but he has been the only one.
Full Backs on 21:20 - Aug 15 with 985 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Full Backs on 21:04 - Aug 15 by jack247

Just read the conversation back from when you started talking about Rangel. From then on I've tried to explain that stats, while not being meaningless, are one dimensional and only tell a fraction of the picture.

Tiendalli wasn't as good as Taylor because we signed him as a backup full back who could cover both sides. We weren't concerned with either Taylor or Rangel. If we were we would have signed someone better. Tabanou was a genuine attempt to provide competition, but he has been the only one.

Yes you are wrong again, because Naughton was bought to replace Rangel and Tabanou to challenge and maybe replace Taylor.
Naughton appeared to not be good enough and Monk took an instant dislike to Tabanou.
Full Backs on 21:38 - Aug 15 with 970 viewsjack247

Full Backs on 21:20 - Aug 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes you are wrong again, because Naughton was bought to replace Rangel and Tabanou to challenge and maybe replace Taylor.
Naughton appeared to not be good enough and Monk took an instant dislike to Tabanou.

What drugs are you taking tonight? We are talking about Taylor. Fer was brought in to challenge the first choice midfielders too, but that's not relevant either.

Edit - I see how you have read it. The point was meant as when we brought Tiendalli in we weren't concerned with either full back and we're happy to sign someone who could cover both but wasn't likely to challenge either
[Post edited 15 Aug 2016 21:53]
Full Backs on 09:35 - Aug 16 with 916 viewswhaleoilbeefhooked

As far as I saw it,the guy he pulled down,I think it was their top scorer Gray,would have been throughout to our goal. So he did the professional "took one for the team" job.
Give me Amat, all day long, to Fernandez. I've lost count of the misplaced passes, out of defence, from him.
When we get replacement CB for Williams,have him as back up.
Then get Frankie to coach him how to pass, to another white shirt.
Full Backs on 10:22 - Aug 16 with 894 viewsjack247

Full Backs on 09:35 - Aug 16 by whaleoilbeefhooked

As far as I saw it,the guy he pulled down,I think it was their top scorer Gray,would have been throughout to our goal. So he did the professional "took one for the team" job.
Give me Amat, all day long, to Fernandez. I've lost count of the misplaced passes, out of defence, from him.

Fed is arguably the worst passer in our team, yet I bet his stats show he has a much better completion rate than someone like Gylfi. Anyone sensible can see that's because you are comparing 5 yard passes under no pressure to defence splitting balls. Sqwaka can't though.
Full Backs on 14:38 - Aug 16 with 849 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Full Backs on 10:22 - Aug 16 by jack247

Fed is arguably the worst passer in our team, yet I bet his stats show he has a much better completion rate than someone like Gylfi. Anyone sensible can see that's because you are comparing 5 yard passes under no pressure to defence splitting balls. Sqwaka can't though.

Wrong again, you should not talk about something you don't know about.
The Sqwaka feature is
"Key Passes"
Fredy 7, Gilfi 54
The other Feature re your ridiculous "5 yard passes" is
"Average Pass Length".
Fredy 20.56M, Gilfi 15.58M

So as usual you are the one talking crap.
Full Backs on 15:12 - Aug 16 with 826 viewsGriffting

Full Backs on 09:35 - Aug 16 by whaleoilbeefhooked

The view I had of it, gray was being very clever. He had a good handful of Jordi's shirt at the bottom and was pulling it downwards. Jordi is trying to get his body infront of gray and was failing to do so because he couldn't get beyond grays arm, he then resorted to using his own arms and gave the foul away.
Login to get fewer ads

Full Backs on 15:16 - Aug 16 with 823 viewsGriffting

Full Backs on 10:22 - Aug 16 by jack247

Fede does try to put the ball in the right area, he loves to try and thread the ball through to the striker, it just rarely comes off. All the right ideas but maybe not the sufficient level of skill. The only time I can remember it coming off was man city away last year, which in fairness was a beaut of a ball to gomis.
Full Backs on 15:43 - Aug 16 with 803 viewsvetchonian

Full Backs on 15:16 - Aug 16 by Griffting

Fede does try to put the ball in the right area, he loves to try and thread the ball through to the striker, it just rarely comes off. All the right ideas but maybe not the sufficient level of skill. The only time I can remember it coming off was man city away last year, which in fairness was a beaut of a ball to gomis.

How did we end up in a thread on full backs having a debate out our centre backs?
Only on Planet Swans

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Full Backs on 15:49 - Aug 16 with 789 viewsQuakerJack

Full Backs on 17:37 - Aug 14 by Jack_Kass

Can't pass the ball

Can't cross the ball

Can't stop opposition players going past him with the ball

Can't go past opposition players in front of him with the ball

Can't dispose opposition of possession

Can't keep possession

Can't score for his club

Can't stop people scoring against his club

All players have weaknesses of course, but none of them have them in such abundance as Neil Taylor.

Time to Get rid.

Can't prevent a cross coming in from his side for all the money in Saudi Arabia

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Full Backs on 18:30 - Aug 16 with 736 viewsjack247

Full Backs on 14:38 - Aug 16 by A_Fans_Dad

Wrong again, you should not talk about something you don't know about.
The Sqwaka feature is
"Key Passes"
Fredy 7, Gilfi 54
The other Feature re your ridiculous "5 yard passes" is
"Average Pass Length".
Fredy 20.56M, Gilfi 15.58M

So as usual you are the one talking crap.

Well that's all well and good but you were talking about Taylor having a 78% pass completion ratio to Rangels 80%. I was simply using the metric you used to try to prove your point.

I'll bow to your superior knowledge of sqwaka though, yesterday was the first time I've looked at it. I prefer to make judgements based on the games.
Full Backs on 12:14 - Sep 12 with 616 viewsJack_Kass

Full Backs on 17:37 - Aug 14 by Jack_Kass

Can't pass the ball

Can't cross the ball

Can't stop opposition players going past him with the ball

Can't go past opposition players in front of him with the ball

Can't dispose opposition of possession

Can't keep possession

Can't score for his club

Can't stop people scoring against his club

All players have weaknesses of course, but none of them have them in such abundance as Neil Taylor.

Time to Get rid.

Time to get rid.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Full Backs on 12:42 - Sep 12 with 600 viewsBarrySwan

Full Backs on 16:21 - Aug 14 by icecoldjack

Agree. Naughton was very good I thought . Long may it continue !

I honestly think that many players are growing and improving under FG , a few wins and confidence will help the defence no end .

I must have been watching a different Naughton.

I was watching the one who knocked on instead of controlling a simple ball which allowed the Chelsea player to race through our defence and almost score in the first half.

And the Naughton who made a complete hash of dealing with the through ball that led to the Hazard, Costa Fabianski stramash on the edge of the box in the second half.

He's extremely limited.
Full Backs on 12:43 - Sep 12 with 595 viewsperchrockjack

Not sure What Fede does constitutes passing the ball.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024