Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread 21:47 - Sep 26 with 39228 viewsjackharris

Swansea City versus Liverpool FC
Liberty Stadium, Swansea 21,000 (18,900 Jacks and 2,100 Reds)
Kick Off: 12.30pm (Live on Sky Sports HD)
Saturday 1st October 2016

[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 2:32]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:37 - Oct 1 with 2095 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:14 - Oct 1 by londonlisa2001

I think he's better than him in every third.

Barrow has zero end product.

"Zero end product"
Remind us again which winger is the only one with an assist this season.
And just in case you are not sure it is NOT Routledge.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:37 - Oct 1 with 2096 viewsperchrockjack

Manager is responsible for team. Full stop

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:38 - Oct 1 with 2090 viewsRevJames

Nacer Chadli puts West Bromwich 1-0 up v Sunderland
[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 15:39]
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:39 - Oct 1 with 2086 viewsBorojack

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:35 - Oct 1 by costalotta

That might well be the thinking but I don't believe we're 'planning' for that. I just think very bad management/leadership. If they are too old/passed their best now, they will be further down 'that track' next season.

I cannot remember statements about the next level and if I had they would have been ignored. But HJ is now well and truly out of his depth! Although' he is trying to cover it up, fair play. Did you see the program notes today?

No I wasnt there only go to about half the home games what did they say then.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:41 - Oct 1 with 2074 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:37 - Oct 1 by A_Fans_Dad

"Zero end product"
Remind us again which winger is the only one with an assist this season.
And just in case you are not sure it is NOT Routledge.

I've already said that Routledge doesn't have an end product either. But at least he can keep the ball for more than a fraction of a second, allowing the midfield to move up, relieve pressure, recycle the ball, create something.

I repeat, WE NEEDED TO SIGN A WIDE PLAYER.

routs is not the answer - I'm not saying that he is, I'm just saying he is doing better than Barrow as part of a team that is set up the way we are setting up,
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:44 - Oct 1 with 2036 viewscostalotta

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:38 - Oct 1 by RevJames

Nacer Chadli puts West Bromwich 1-0 up v Sunderland
[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 15:39]

You have been told by the happy clappers on here that he's crap and we were right not to sign him. So, dont' mention the war, no chadli. Sorry

Ill get my coat,
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:45 - Oct 1 with 2028 viewscostalotta

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:39 - Oct 1 by Borojack

No I wasnt there only go to about half the home games what did they say then.

Something along the lines of.... We had a good transfer window.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:47 - Oct 1 with 2014 viewsdobjack2

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:41 - Oct 1 by londonlisa2001

I've already said that Routledge doesn't have an end product either. But at least he can keep the ball for more than a fraction of a second, allowing the midfield to move up, relieve pressure, recycle the ball, create something.

I repeat, WE NEEDED TO SIGN A WIDE PLAYER.

routs is not the answer - I'm not saying that he is, I'm just saying he is doing better than Barrow as part of a team that is set up the way we are setting up,

We needed to replace routledge and Leon as starters in this window and failed miserably.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:47 - Oct 1 with 2008 viewsBorojack

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:45 - Oct 1 by costalotta

Something along the lines of.... We had a good transfer window.

Well I think we all know thats rubbish the new owners included

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:50 - Oct 1 with 1987 viewscostalotta

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:47 - Oct 1 by Borojack

Well I think we all know thats rubbish the new owners included

Well we do...yes, I am hopeful he new owners see it too. Need to be convinced about that though.

The next few days might be interesting. Speculation about FG in the firing line but it could be Huw getting his P45 and following LD out the door and off the board ?
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:51 - Oct 1 with 1980 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:47 - Oct 1 by dobjack2

We needed to replace routledge and Leon as starters in this window and failed miserably.

I'd add Rangel to that.

We needed a right back, a wide player and a creative midfielder. We also needed a new Leon.

We actually needed a new centre back as well, but based on the past couple of games, they may have struck lucky and found that a bargain basement purchase from Ajax is able to step up to the plate.

By the way - as an aside - Mawson was supposed to be our new sensation, so how has VDH ended up in the team in front of him? He's done well and I'd keep him there, but it's the fact he was chosen in preference in the first place is odd?
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:52 - Oct 1 with 1971 viewsBorojack

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:50 - Oct 1 by costalotta

Well we do...yes, I am hopeful he new owners see it too. Need to be convinced about that though.

The next few days might be interesting. Speculation about FG in the firing line but it could be Huw getting his P45 and following LD out the door and off the board ?

Hope so I can forgive mistakes but lies lies and more lies no.
Time for him to fukc off and spend his millions

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:54 - Oct 1 with 1948 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:51 - Oct 1 by londonlisa2001

I'd add Rangel to that.

We needed a right back, a wide player and a creative midfielder. We also needed a new Leon.

We actually needed a new centre back as well, but based on the past couple of games, they may have struck lucky and found that a bargain basement purchase from Ajax is able to step up to the plate.

By the way - as an aside - Mawson was supposed to be our new sensation, so how has VDH ended up in the team in front of him? He's done well and I'd keep him there, but it's the fact he was chosen in preference in the first place is odd?

Who said Mawson was signed to be anything more than a squad player/prospect (apart from the crowd on here who'd never seen him play, and just hated Amat/Fede)?
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:58 - Oct 1 with 1926 viewscostalotta

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:54 - Oct 1 by jasper_T

Who said Mawson was signed to be anything more than a squad player/prospect (apart from the crowd on here who'd never seen him play, and just hated Amat/Fede)?

There's been plenty on here who've tried to say he was Ash's replacement.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:03 - Oct 1 with 1905 viewsSmellyplumz

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:50 - Oct 1 by costalotta

Well I hope to fk your right.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:06 - Oct 1 with 1893 viewsdobjack2

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 15:51 - Oct 1 by londonlisa2001

I'd add Rangel to that.

Agree with you about Rangel and a creative player but the other two were even more pressing in my view. If the wide player was creative rather than a speed merchant that could have helped fill two holes..
Cost money though and for some reason after identifying a dynamic midfielder and creative wideman were needed we failed to sign anyone.

The VDH Mawson position is incredible and sums up our problems. Recruitment sign a centre half for £5 million and he only gets on the bench because FF is injured.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:08 - Oct 1 with 1878 viewsImAlrightJack

Good to see none of these "I bloody enjoyed that!" post-defeat posts for a change, instead people are being serious about the fact we are not simply playing well enough.

When you are down there, you have no luck or rub of the green with referees. I am also not blaming the manager, this is a silk purse/pigs ear situation, I blame those USELESS YANKERS.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:17 - Oct 1 with 1830 viewscostalotta

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:03 - Oct 1 by Smellyplumz

I was only thinking out load as it were.

I guess it depends on their risk barometer and being new owners and all that. I'm pretty sure that they were duped in the whole "In Huw we trust" stuff. No doubt he did a sterling job for years. But that was now years ago and he's not performed for a while. The recent contract extensions to aging players, the lack of appreciation of the current transfer market, the dithering over the replacement for Monk last season and the appalling way he went about selling. These things clearly demonstrate he's out of his depth and has been left behind in thinking and actions as the EPL has evolved.

Im sorry if that doesn't roll well with some of our fans its just the way I see it, and have done for about 3.5 years to be honest. I have a feeling I am not alone.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:17 - Oct 1 with 1829 viewsImAlrightJack

If my Liverscum work colleague kicks off on Monday, I'll just go "Swansea were the last, to win a cup, winning the LC is better than winning Sweet FA...AGAIN!"
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:18 - Oct 1 with 1826 viewsmonmouth

Right just back. Not sure what the view is but here's mine.

No matter who the manager is, if you have professional footballers that cant clear a simple ball in three attempts, are going to give away stupid soft penalties and goals, and can't kick a ball straight a yard in front of them into an empty net, you are not going to win.

I am very angry at losing that. Four gilt edged gaping chances and we score one. Then we gift them two goals.

But, Guidolin will you for f***s sake make changes when teams are get on top of us not wait for them to score a goal first. We were crying out for pace (Sigurdsson should have gone for Barrow with Routledge moved to replace him). barrow and Ki were gash when they came on (again, hardly the manager's fault) but they were the right changes and should have been made earlier.

F***ing annoyed. No, very f***ing annoyed. Three points (or at least a point) just tossed away.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:22 - Oct 1 with 1804 viewswaynekerr55

Following Dineen?

Has he gone then?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:26 - Oct 1 with 1785 viewsLeonisGod

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:03 - Oct 1 by Smellyplumz

You think the asset-stripping Mericans will do a better job? From Over there, with no clue about football, er I mean soccer? Villa in the making if that happens imo.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:29 - Oct 1 with 1768 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:18 - Oct 1 by monmouth

Right just back. Not sure what the view is but here's mine.

No matter who the manager is, if you have professional footballers that cant clear a simple ball in three attempts, are going to give away stupid soft penalties and goals, and can't kick a ball straight a yard in front of them into an empty net, you are not going to win.

I am very angry at losing that. Four gilt edged gaping chances and we score one. Then we gift them two goals.

But, Guidolin will you for f***s sake make changes when teams are get on top of us not wait for them to score a goal first. We were crying out for pace (Sigurdsson should have gone for Barrow with Routledge moved to replace him). barrow and Ki were gash when they came on (again, hardly the manager's fault) but they were the right changes and should have been made earlier.

F***ing annoyed. No, very f***ing annoyed. Three points (or at least a point) just tossed away.

How about a goalkeeper that won't come off his line to take that ballooned high attempt at a clearance?
Isn't that what most keepers would do?
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:29 - Oct 1 with 1773 viewscostalotta

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:22 - Oct 1 by waynekerr55

Following Dineen?

Has he gone then?

I'm sure I read a few weeks ago there were changes at board level? Are there not now 4 board members or the new board and something. Perhaps i'm wrong and I'm sure someone will correct me if that is the case.

I don't recall seeing his name on that board. That's where I am coming from.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 16:30]
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:33 - Oct 1 with 1747 viewscostalotta

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:26 - Oct 1 by LeonisGod

You think the asset-stripping Mericans will do a better job? From Over there, with no clue about football, er I mean soccer? Villa in the making if that happens imo.

Actually I don't know. But what I do know is, surely it couldn't be any worse? Or, perhaps they actually want to protect their investment and appoint someone who knows what their doing.

That IMO would be the shrewd move!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024