Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trust news? 02:25 - Oct 26 with 13488 viewsshandyjack

so many threads been brough up in last 24 hours. What have i missed? is there some scandel going on inside the trust? Can i be narrowed down the latest news please

Poll: Expectation for the season

The Trust news? on 02:49 - Oct 26 with 4620 viewsHumpty

Yeah. The Trusts Supporters Director has been receiving a 40 grand wage from the club for years.

The Trust did not think that this may represent a conflict of interest.

The Trust has tried to hide this fact from their members. Or chose not to tell them. In fact they've told direct lies, as the have said for years that the SD works very hard, totally unpaid.

The Supporters Director still regularly goes out on the piss with the people who have shat all over the Trust. He's still their mate, despite feeling very upset and betrayed by their actions.

The Trust board have all disappeared from the internet apart from Uxbridge.

The Trusts Supporters Director has been using a sockpuppet on the Trust chairmans forum to defend the hard work done by the Supporters Director.

When asked about all this, the Trust refused to answer. When pressed, the Trust admitted it and now they're going to do something about it. And they're sorry they hadn't done anything until it was forced out of them. But they have been very busy. And now everythings OK because they're going to do something about it.

I think that just about covers it.
The Trust news? on 03:57 - Oct 26 with 4593 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

Also Alan Lewis from the Trust Facebook page had this to say...

"The payments were made by the Club as a Director of the Club not by the Trust. The whole Conflict of Interest and wider governance issues have been debated by the Trust for nearly twelve months - too long I agree - but this announcement by the Trust - not as a result of any leaks- has come when that review has been completed. As for resignations - the Trust Board has always said that they have confidence that there is no evidence that the Supporter Director has ever acted in anything but the best interests of the Football Club and its supporters and nothing has changed."

Not even a an apology, lets just carry on as normal...

The Trust news? on 05:21 - Oct 26 with 4565 viewslatchford

I'm glad I didn't renew my trust membership earlier this week. Hypocrites
The Trust news? on 06:11 - Oct 26 with 4542 viewsshandyjack

The Trust news? on 02:49 - Oct 26 by Humpty

Yeah. The Trusts Supporters Director has been receiving a 40 grand wage from the club for years.

The Trust has tried to hide this fact from their members. Or chose not to tell them. In fact they've told direct lies, as the have said for years that the SD works very hard, totally unpaid.

The Supporters Director still regularly goes out on the piss with the people who have shat all over the Trust. He's still their mate, despite feeling very upset and betrayed by their actions.

The Trusts Supporters Director has been using a sockpuppet on the Trust chairmans forum to defend the hard work done by the Supporters Director.

When asked about all this, the Trust refused to answer. When pressed, the Trust admitted it and now they're going to do something about it. And they're sorry they hadn't done anything until it was forced out of them. But they have been very busy. And now everythings OK because they're going to do something about it.

ooffff doesn't make for good reading that.

Poll: Expectation for the season

The Trust news? on 06:36 - Oct 26 with 4525 viewsCaliforniaJack

And there was I thinking that our club couldn't go any lower ...
If/When the hacks get hold of this they'll have a field day ...
The Trust news? on 08:09 - Oct 26 with 4421 viewsCooperman

Oh, and Millie from Planet Swans is allegedly Huw Cooze.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Trust news? on 08:14 - Oct 26 with 4403 viewscostalotta

Brilliant!
The Trust news? on 08:19 - Oct 26 with 4381 viewsjack247

So let's assume he is being paid £40k, let's even assume the printing contracts came abut because of his position. Yes, it's very poor and it's not very transparent, what do people want to do? You can call his position untenable, what then? Do you make the position redundant, or do you expect someone to come along and work near full time hours (I don't know how many hours he puts in, but Uxbridge said it was in lieu of a full time job) and do it for free? Who has got the time and the money to do that?

It doesn't look good and it certainly shouldn't have taken being questioned on a message board for this to come out, but what people are demanding (in fairness a perception the trust allowed to ride) is surely not feasible?
Login to get fewer ads

The Trust news? on 08:21 - Oct 26 with 4357 viewsBatterseajack

I got no issue with a trust member receiving a salary for carrying out the work involved in being the supporters director. After all, it should be a full time job that's attractive to the right type of person, and not just to someone who is financially sorted, and has plenty of spare time, as this narrows the talent pool available for the job. But feck me, why be dishonest about it??
The Trust news? on 08:26 - Oct 26 with 4339 viewsjack247

The Trust news? on 08:21 - Oct 26 by Batterseajack

I got no issue with a trust member receiving a salary for carrying out the work involved in being the supporters director. After all, it should be a full time job that's attractive to the right type of person, and not just to someone who is financially sorted, and has plenty of spare time, as this narrows the talent pool available for the job. But feck me, why be dishonest about it??

I think that's about the size of it. It's perfectly logical that someone putting in hours like that gets paid for it. The shitstorm is because the trust/club/HC were happy to let people carry on believing he was doing it for free.
The Trust news? on 08:30 - Oct 26 with 4323 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

The Trust news? on 08:26 - Oct 26 by jack247

I think that's about the size of it. It's perfectly logical that someone putting in hours like that gets paid for it. The shitstorm is because the trust/club/HC were happy to let people carry on believing he was doing it for free.

I'm not sure it works for me, not only is the SD paid by the CLUB - the very establishment he is supposed to be policing on behalf of the fans, and publicly backed on some very strange decisions last year, but his business is also making money through the club.

Its not a good look at all.
The Trust news? on 08:35 - Oct 26 with 4307 viewsjack247

The Trust news? on 08:30 - Oct 26 by Return_of_the_Jack

I'm not sure it works for me, not only is the SD paid by the CLUB - the very establishment he is supposed to be policing on behalf of the fans, and publicly backed on some very strange decisions last year, but his business is also making money through the club.

I get that totally, but what's the alternative?
The Trust news? on 08:36 - Oct 26 with 4304 viewscostalotta

The Trust news? on 08:30 - Oct 26 by Return_of_the_Jack

Nor me.

This is a massive blunder on behalf of the Trust made worse by the fact the way it's come out after everything that's been said and written by the Trust especially as a defence against critism.

I know Ux had identified the issue, or so has been written but again it clearly demonstrates the reactive posture of the trust. Can The fans trust the trust in its current form going forward, given what has been going on?
[Post edited 26 Oct 2016 9:09]
The Trust news? on 08:45 - Oct 26 with 4268 viewsbarry_island

Haven't we been told that it's only full time because of all of the other roles that have been taken on by the incumbent? The Trust Director position should be a voluntary role full stop. If the club are paying him a salary then he will always have to remember "who pays the bills".

Why does the Trust Board have several members without portfolios yet one member needs to take on several roles to make it a full time job?

Narrowing the talent pool, yes.

Worse than now, when our Director has not spotted a takeover when all other Directors appear to have been in the know?
Worse than now when our Director has been powerless to stop us, the riff raff supporters, especially in the lower tier leaving games wondering if they have watched a game of football or chosen to be buried in the Rasoi or having their divorce arranged by Budget Carpets?

Necessary? Yes. 100%

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

The Trust news? on 10:29 - Oct 26 with 4149 viewsSmellyplumz

Just got wind of this, if it's true I'm really disappointed in the trust. That's the last membership they'll get out of me.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Trust news? on 10:33 - Oct 26 with 4134 viewsperchrockjack

So, given the Trust is basically devious , should it be wound up.

What is to be done, apart from squabbling on here.

Would it be better if we were wound up only this time no gang of 5 are there to save us.

Things ain't good but this hate led by the usual suspect will corrode our club .

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Trust news? on 11:24 - Oct 26 with 4047 viewsWingstandwood

The only thing that could make things even more surreal and insane is if Jenkins, Dineen, Van Zweden, Katzen, Morgan and Cooze?

Are appointed by the Trust as a (*cough, cough, cough, cough*) 'troubleshooting-task-force' (well paid to do so obviously by SCFC!) to carry out an 'independent' (*cough, cough, cough, cough*) review and Trust reform. And?..... Come to a recommendation after an exhaustive six year review in 2022 that all things are indeed fine. They then order that Cooze be given the role Supporter-Director for life.

*For impartiality the review team should be based at Morgans Hotel* and all costs and expenses included e.g. (*cough. cough, cough, cough*) refreshments should be reimbursed fully by SCFC*
[Post edited 26 Oct 2016 11:26]

Argus!

The Trust news? on 11:27 - Oct 26 with 4036 viewsjacabertawe

The Trust news? on 10:29 - Oct 26 by Smellyplumz

Just got wind of this, if it's true I'm really disappointed in the trust. That's the last membership they'll get out of me.

Me too. I literally feel sick to the stomach.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The Trust news? on 11:36 - Oct 26 with 4006 views34dfgdf54

Phil has come on here and said the last few months have taken it out of a lot of them, they do this work alongside their day to day jobs, I wouldn't begrudge any of them some cash.

I don't really know what has gone on here, I haven't got time to delve through the posts but if mistakes have been made, then let them deal with it in due course. I refuse to believe the ST have gone behind the supporters back to the detriment of the club, they are the only ones left who have only good intentions for SCFC, who are we to have a mass internet witch hunt now? They've had my membership this year, and they will get it the year after, and the year after that.
The Trust news? on 11:37 - Oct 26 with 4000 viewsSweyns_Eye

I'm just catching up with this news.

So if the club decided to remunerate our Supporter's Director, when did the Trust announce this to the Trust membership?

However, please lets not get side tracked by this issue. There are bigger fish to fry as it were. We need an effective means of protecting our club from the actions of the previous/current boards. We need the Trust. For those who aren't happy either join up and change it, or propose an alternative.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

The Trust news? on 11:45 - Oct 26 with 3979 viewsWingstandwood

The Trust news? on 11:36 - Oct 26 by 34dfgdf54

Phil has come on here and said the last few months have taken it out of a lot of them, they do this work alongside their day to day jobs, I wouldn't begrudge any of them some cash.

I don't really know what has gone on here, I haven't got time to delve through the posts but if mistakes have been made, then let them deal with it in due course. I refuse to believe the ST have gone behind the supporters back to the detriment of the club, they are the only ones left who have only good intentions for SCFC, who are we to have a mass internet witch hunt now? They've had my membership this year, and they will get it the year after, and the year after that.

There may very well indeed be some utterly upstanding and dedicated individuals getting a raw deal out of this! Some form of up to date statement from SCST is required along with information of what ACTION is planned for the future regarding the root cause(s) of all this turmoil?

Questions are rightly being asked, suggestions are being made and there is need to be responded to!

Argus!

The Trust news? on 11:49 - Oct 26 with 3957 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

The Trust news? on 11:45 - Oct 26 by Wingstandwood

There may very well indeed be some utterly upstanding and dedicated individuals getting a raw deal out of this! Some form of up to date statement from SCST is required along with information of what ACTION is planned for the future regarding the root cause(s) of all this turmoil?

Questions are rightly being asked, suggestions are being made and there is need to be responded to!

Agreed, the longer it goes without the Trust making a statement - the worst it is getting, even giving the appearance of them all getting their stories straight behind closed doors.

Magically, everyone from the Trust has gone on holiday or disappeared.
The Trust news? on 11:51 - Oct 26 with 3947 viewsFlashberryjack

The Trust news? on 08:45 - Oct 26 by barry_island

Haven't we been told that it's only full time because of all of the other roles that have been taken on by the incumbent? The Trust Director position should be a voluntary role full stop. If the club are paying him a salary then he will always have to remember "who pays the bills".

Why does the Trust Board have several members without portfolios yet one member needs to take on several roles to make it a full time job?

Narrowing the talent pool, yes.

Worse than now, when our Director has not spotted a takeover when all other Directors appear to have been in the know?
Worse than now when our Director has been powerless to stop us, the riff raff supporters, especially in the lower tier leaving games wondering if they have watched a game of football or chosen to be buried in the Rasoi or having their divorce arranged by Budget Carpets?

Necessary? Yes. 100%

"Worse than now when our Director has been powerless to stop us, the riff raff supporters, especially in the lower tier leaving games wondering if they have watched a game of football or chosen to be buried in the Rasoi or having their divorce arranged by Budget Carpets? "

But it enhances your match day experience.......you fool

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Trust news? on 12:02 - Oct 26 with 3903 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Wind up the trust and share out all the monies to only members who have joined more than 2 years ago

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Trust news? on 12:23 - Oct 26 with 3837 viewscostalotta

The Trust news? on 03:57 - Oct 26 by Return_of_the_Jack

Also Alan Lewis from the Trust Facebook page had this to say...

"The payments were made by the Club as a Director of the Club not by the Trust. The whole Conflict of Interest and wider governance issues have been debated by the Trust for nearly twelve months - too long I agree - but this announcement by the Trust - not as a result of any leaks- has come when that review has been completed. As for resignations - the Trust Board has always said that they have confidence that there is no evidence that the Supporter Director has ever acted in anything but the best interests of the Football Club and its supporters and nothing has changed."

Not even a an apology, lets just carry on as normal...

They would...wouldn't they?

Closing ranks? Maybe, but the fans and members will be the judge of that and not the Trust board. This whole situations is ridiculous top to bottom and Leiven and Kaplan probably cannot believe their luck. Utter shambles!

It seems pretty much most fans are in agreement that the Trust must change, the question is how much appetite the Trust board has and how deep the change? Given what's happened and the excuses (they are excuses) that change should be very deep indeed. New leadership, new board and new and improved strategy. The current board is not a fighting board!

Some don't want that change and cite many reasons for that including they do it for nothing, or they give up their time, or they live th club, or what about the Experienced they have gained in their roles? In some ways theyv been a success but other they've failed but the bottom line is let us down in many ways. In football you're only as good as your last result!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024