Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January 13:27 - Nov 29 with 8671 viewsTheKirkyLife

Very happy with this news. If you guys could choose any defensive players to bring in though, who would you? Furthermore which area of the defensive needs a new 'star' player most desperately?

For me personally I think RB needs a lot of work. Naughton is a fantastic substitute option since he can play winger, LB or RB and to be fair to him he's been one of our better players. That said him and Rangel as our RB options worry me and Tyler Reid is still plying his trade in an albeit successful U23 squad. I feel LB is the next option as it seems Bradley isn't very keen on Kingsley and finally I think everyone here knows VDH/Amat actually looked quite good in the last games of Guidolin's reign. Though I'd like a star CB to partner either of those two I'd be happy with what we've got until the end of the season.

Would ship Fernandez out in order to get a new one in absolutely.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-boss-reve
[Post edited 29 Nov 2016 13:44]
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 13:31 - Nov 29 with 5655 viewsandypitt56

Taylor, Fernandez def need to go. id be okay if we dont replace RB until summer but it needs to be done at some point. A new LB and CB have to be priority.
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 13:41 - Nov 29 with 5618 viewsjasper_T

Left back is the priority. We've got a serviceable centre half pairing when given the chance together (and the midfield is set up properly ahead of them), and Naughton's not as useless as Taylor.

We're not going to find a "star CB" willing to come here for any money.

Bring Connor Roberts home to cover and send Rangel off to a farm somewhere.
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 13:42 - Nov 29 with 5614 viewsTheFranchise

a winger would be nice too
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 13:46 - Nov 29 with 5595 viewsMurph75

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 13:42 - Nov 29 by TheFranchise

Totally agree.

On my shopping list would be a centre half, winger and a centre midfielder.

Replace Taylor in the Summer.
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 13:48 - Nov 29 with 5581 viewsTheFranchise

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 13:46 - Nov 29 by Murph75

Totally agree.

On my shopping list would be a centre half, winger and a centre midfielder.

Replace Taylor in the Summer.

we are in desperate need of another speedy winger, the nature of that position and playing style means a few hamstring niggles. Having another one that can play there including Dyer would be a massive bonus.
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 14:16 - Nov 29 with 5481 viewsmonmouth

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 13:42 - Nov 29 by TheFranchise

One that can actually shoot and use both feet would be even nicer.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 14:29 - Nov 29 with 5441 viewspencoedjack

A decent centre half preferably a leader of men would be my 1st choice

Replace both full backs starting with Taylor

If Batson is homesick get rid and spend the money wisely ( don't involve Judas)
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 14:30 - Nov 29 with 5440 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Where has the "We must have Joe Allen or a "Joe Allen type" gone?
Login to get fewer ads

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 14:30 - Nov 29 with 5443 viewsTheFranchise

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 14:30 - Nov 29 by A_Fans_Dad

Where has the "We must have Joe Allen or a "Joe Allen type" gone?

lost all hope on that one
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 14:33 - Nov 29 with 5434 viewsGriffting

This might sound crazy but a good defensive midfielder is top on my list along with a no nonsense experienced centre back to partner Amat. In midfield, get someone who lives for a tackle or an interception and has a really good work rate. Someone in the Kante/Gueye mould (clearly im not saying those two). We could then allow a midfield of said DM/Fer/siggy without as much worry on the defensive side. There's got to be someone out there who fits the bill. The centre back needs to have experience of this situation before, be able to organise a defence at set pieces, get the long balls cleared and just look to Marshall the back four.
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 14:36 - Nov 29 with 5425 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 14:33 - Nov 29 by Griffting

This might sound crazy but a good defensive midfielder is top on my list along with a no nonsense experienced centre back to partner Amat. In midfield, get someone who lives for a tackle or an interception and has a really good work rate. Someone in the Kante/Gueye mould (clearly im not saying those two). We could then allow a midfield of said DM/Fer/siggy without as much worry on the defensive side. There's got to be someone out there who fits the bill. The centre back needs to have experience of this situation before, be able to organise a defence at set pieces, get the long balls cleared and just look to Marshall the back four.

As I said yesterday, try for Morgan Schneiderlin on loan for the second half of the season.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 14:50 - Nov 29 with 5380 viewsAustinIsOurHero

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/five-centre-backs-who-

Caulker
Bassong
Vlaar
Samba
Dunk

Maybe take a punt on Bassong. No thanks to the others. Someone like Scott Dann would be ideal.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 14:59 - Nov 29 with 5331 viewsShonky

Its just a ride...

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 15:02 - Nov 29 with 5320 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 14:59 - Nov 29 by Shonky

This.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 15:08 - Nov 29 with 5303 viewsnyc_swans

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 15:02 - Nov 29 by AustinIsOurHero

This.

Hull will be desperate to hold onto him. I don't see that as a realistic option.

what about Sahko from Liverpool? have seen West Brom linked.
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 15:14 - Nov 29 with 5284 viewsJFSwan

Critical - Left back
Important - right back

Ideal - Centre back ( sell fernandez )
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 15:19 - Nov 29 with 5276 viewsLeonWasGod

Hmm. Still think we're light in terms of a genuine goal threat. We're far too reliant on Siggy and could do with a genuine replacement for Ayew to help share the work up front.

But we know we're struggling at the back, so fair enough. Truth be told we could do with strengthening throughout the team.
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 15:25 - Nov 29 with 5261 viewsmax936

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 13:48 - Nov 29 by TheFranchise

we are in desperate need of another speedy winger, the nature of that position and playing style means a few hamstring niggles. Having another one that can play there including Dyer would be a massive bonus.

Exactly David all wingers suffer due to their fast twitch muscles, pure leg speed comes at a cost fitness wise.

At least one winger, left back, probably a centre half and a centre mid maybe 2 as we only have 3 we can rely on at DM and CM are Cork, Fulton and Fer and maybe Leon but age as sadly caught up with Leon, a different option up front as well a pacy fox in the box, but that's not gonna happen.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 15:34 - Nov 29 with 5241 viewsjasper_T

I'd prefer a winger that can play over pure pace again.
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 15:43 - Nov 29 with 5208 viewswestwalesed

I seem to remember a Irish centre half who played in the Euros - I think he plays for Blackburn? I thought he was pretty decent?

Caulker as he's been here before?

Not Samba, he was crap when QPR tried the same trick a few seasons back.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 16:21 - Nov 29 with 5135 viewsJango

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 15:34 - Nov 29 by jasper_T

I'd prefer a winger that can play over pure pace again.

Agree with this. We've got 2 pacey wingers, we need someone who's got that little bit of magic and who can pick a piss from nowhere.
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 16:24 - Nov 29 with 5116 viewsShonky

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 16:21 - Nov 29 by Jango

Agree with this. We've got 2 pacey wingers, we need someone who's got that little bit of magic and who can pick a piss from nowhere.

Its just a ride...

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 16:26 - Nov 29 with 5110 viewsDarran

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 16:21 - Nov 29 by Jango

Oldjacks available.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 16:32 - Nov 29 with 5088 viewsDyfnant

The best defensive position to strengthen is def midfield. I've come to the conclusion Cork is a bit shi1t

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 16:35 - Nov 29 with 5075 viewsstid

Fabian Johnson at LB and John Brooks at Centre half will both be targets , also that young american CB at Chelsea that we missed out on last year will be on the list.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024