Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January 13:27 - Nov 29 with 8674 viewsTheKirkyLife

Very happy with this news. If you guys could choose any defensive players to bring in though, who would you? Furthermore which area of the defensive needs a new 'star' player most desperately?

For me personally I think RB needs a lot of work. Naughton is a fantastic substitute option since he can play winger, LB or RB and to be fair to him he's been one of our better players. That said him and Rangel as our RB options worry me and Tyler Reid is still plying his trade in an albeit successful U23 squad. I feel LB is the next option as it seems Bradley isn't very keen on Kingsley and finally I think everyone here knows VDH/Amat actually looked quite good in the last games of Guidolin's reign. Though I'd like a star CB to partner either of those two I'd be happy with what we've got until the end of the season.

Would ship Fernandez out in order to get a new one in absolutely.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-boss-reve
[Post edited 29 Nov 2016 13:44]
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 16:38 - Nov 29 with 1871 viewsLegend83

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 16:35 - Nov 29 by stid

Fabian Johnson at LB and John Brooks at Centre half will both be targets , also that young american CB at Chelsea that we missed out on last year will be on the list.

Miazga?

Didn't he get subbed last season at half time against us due to Montero dry-raping him?
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 16:44 - Nov 29 with 1858 viewsstid

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 16:38 - Nov 29 by Legend83

Miazga?

Didn't he get subbed last season at half time against us due to Montero dry-raping him?

Yes , Was a target before he joined Chelsea and its clear why now , he is out on loan atm
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 16:51 - Nov 29 with 1844 viewsmacthejack

Doubt anyone we buy will be any good. We'll go for the cheap option as ever.
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 16:52 - Nov 29 with 1842 viewsstAteSwan

Fabian Johnson at LB and John Brooks at Centre half will both be targets , also that young american CB at Chelsea that we missed out on last year will be on the list.

Swansea would stand little chance of ever convincing Heretha to give up Brooks, and Johnson won't leave a Champions League participant in Monchdengladbach for a relegation scrap.

The two Americans to look at would be Geoff Cameron at Stoke, who can play RB, CB, or DM in a pinch and has played for Bradley before. If the club went younger, then Cameron Carter-Vickers at Spurs is by most reports close to breaking into the first team there, and they might be willing to send him out on loan to get match experience.

I
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 17:01 - Nov 29 with 1814 viewsTummer_from_Texas

At CB I'd like to take another run at Kara Mbodji of Anderlecht.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2016 17:01]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 17:08 - Nov 29 with 1805 viewscrix

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 16:52 - Nov 29 by stAteSwan

Swansea would stand little chance of ever convincing Heretha to give up Brooks, and Johnson won't leave a Champions League participant in Monchdengladbach for a relegation scrap.

The two Americans to look at would be Geoff Cameron at Stoke, who can play RB, CB, or DM in a pinch and has played for Bradley before. If the club went younger, then Cameron Carter-Vickers at Spurs is by most reports close to breaking into the first team there, and they might be willing to send him out on loan to get match experience.

I

so the new swansea way is to swap our Spanish obsession for the all American heroes player wise.
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 17:29 - Nov 29 with 1780 viewsrandomperson

Don't see why those 2 would be targets. Johnson is a key player on a top Bunda. team who is also competing in the CL. Brooks is a key starter on a 3rd place Bunda. team. Don't see why either team would part.

If you think they will go after Americans, more realistic targets would be Deandre Yedlin from Newcastle: incredibly fast RB. Prone to positioning mistakes but often covers them with athleticism; price is right and still an upgrade. Bobby wood's play-style would fit in well in the Prem; physical, high work-rate striker. He's currently the best player on an awful Hamburg team in the Bunda, destined for relegation.
Or perhaps an aging Jermaine Jones, reliable physical and disruptive mid who could be brought on to close out leads. Someone like Julian Green wouldn't make the leap from barely making Bayern's bench, as his own risk vs reward to come to the Swans wouldn't be worth it. MLS has a few quality players already being poached, such as Celtic trying for Darlington Nagbe.
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 17:38 - Nov 29 with 1761 viewsjesushchrist

I stopped reading that when you said Naughton has been one of our better players.... The entire defence and jack cork need replacing ASAP
Login to get fewer ads

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 17:42 - Nov 29 with 1738 viewsperchrockjack

Could never use the adjective fantastic to describe naughton.

Frankly, I ll be happy just to see the appalling shitehouse that is Fernandez freed from our club but quite wtf would buy this jerk.

About time Taylor too sought a "bigger" club.

Not sure about sacko but he has a point to prove

Baston. Homesick? And paloschi . Not that unfriendly is it down there.

Pitiful

But ,recoup the money and replace ...with quality or have him man up

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 17:48 - Nov 29 with 1717 viewsjohnlangy

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 17:38 - Nov 29 by jesushchrist

I stopped reading that when you said Naughton has been one of our better players.... The entire defence and jack cork need replacing ASAP

Far and away the weakest area is central defence. I wouldn't argue that RB and LB could be improved but there's a limit moneywise. But how much would it help our full backs if they had confidence in the centre halves.

Personally i'd go for two CB's.

As an aside I was told today that, if we're in a decent position come January 1st there'll be £25 million available. Conversely, if we're in the crapper .................
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 19:15 - Nov 29 with 1635 viewsSmellyplumz

The team doesn't need major surgery... Ok bob, keep smoking the crack son.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 19:20 - Nov 29 with 1627 viewsOldjack

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 16:26 - Nov 29 by Darran

Oldjacks available.

Tw*t ! As to transfers i wouldn't hold my breath ,talk is cheap and i've heard all this crap before

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 19:33 - Nov 29 with 1595 views34dfgdf54

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 14:33 - Nov 29 by Griffting

This might sound crazy but a good defensive midfielder is top on my list along with a no nonsense experienced centre back to partner Amat. In midfield, get someone who lives for a tackle or an interception and has a really good work rate. Someone in the Kante/Gueye mould (clearly im not saying those two). We could then allow a midfield of said DM/Fer/siggy without as much worry on the defensive side. There's got to be someone out there who fits the bill. The centre back needs to have experience of this situation before, be able to organise a defence at set pieces, get the long balls cleared and just look to Marshall the back four.

Spot on I think ^

Squad needs major surgery, but it's not going to happen in January. Defensive midfield
and centre half is an absolute must. Maybe offload Fernandez to get funds for centre half and someone like Schneiderlin on loan would be a dream.

Provided we can keep it tight with acquisitions like the above, I think we have the goals in us, Llorente finding form, and I'm still convinced Borja has something about him. If there's more cash in the pot I'd be looking at someone like Trippier from Spurs.
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 19:43 - Nov 29 with 1575 viewsJackInLondon

As much as the defenders need sorting out, one scary question is what the hell happens if Siggy is out for any period of time?
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 20:05 - Nov 29 with 1529 viewsbarry_island

What about a cheeky bid for Ben Davies? Might give him some first team action and swap Taylor to the right. Convert Kingsley to a left winger as he crosses better than any of our other wingers and that's 2 if not 3 positions sorted for the price of 1.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 20:08 - Nov 29 with 1328 viewsjasper_T

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 20:05 - Nov 29 by barry_island

What about a cheeky bid for Ben Davies? Might give him some first team action and swap Taylor to the right. Convert Kingsley to a left winger as he crosses better than any of our other wingers and that's 2 if not 3 positions sorted for the price of 1.

How do you figure an out of position Taylor is any better than Naughton on the right?
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 20:18 - Nov 29 with 1316 viewsbarry_island

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 20:08 - Nov 29 by jasper_T

How do you figure an out of position Taylor is any better than Naughton on the right?

Watching Naughton has convinced me we have to try something else.

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 20:25 - Nov 29 with 1297 viewsmagicdaps10

That guy Gonzalez who played for him when he was USA coach will definitely be discussed.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 20:31 - Nov 29 with 1276 viewsbarry_island

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 20:25 - Nov 29 by magicdaps10

That guy Gonzalez who played for him when he was USA coach will definitely be discussed.

What's Nigel Stephenson doing these days?

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 21:33 - Nov 29 with 1224 viewsLoyal

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 20:31 - Nov 29 by barry_island

What's Nigel Stephenson doing these days?

Building a rocket.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 22:34 - Nov 29 with 1148 viewsjasper_T

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 20:18 - Nov 29 by barry_island

Watching Naughton has convinced me we have to try something else.

But you've been watching Taylor as well, right? He's not going to magically become a footballer by shifting to the opposite flank.
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 22:37 - Nov 29 with 1147 viewsKilkennyjack

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 20:05 - Nov 29 by barry_island

I was thinking this.
Go get Ben. But also go get Jazz.
Left back and right back sorted.

Also Caulker will do for me.
Back to the future.

We need a leader or two as well.

The current situation is not fair to try unproven young boys in the defence nor down the spine of the team.

Just saying.

Beware of the Risen People

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 22:42 - Nov 29 with 1136 viewsandrew

I'm sorry, but anyone who don't think we 100% have to get a right back in first, either doesn't watch the swans or has a serious head injury.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 07:47 - Nov 30 with 1008 viewsexiledinenglandjack

I'd love Ben back but unfortunately can't see it happening. Ludwig Augustisson would be my choice for left back. My choice for an experienced cb who could cover rb would be branislav ivanovic, even if it was just for 6 months. Experienced in the league and has always been a threat at set pieces too
Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 07:54 - Nov 30 with 1004 viewsLoyal

Bradley To Target Defensive Players in January on 22:42 - Nov 29 by andrew

I'm sorry, but anyone who don't think we 100% have to get a right back in first, either doesn't watch the swans or has a serious head injury.

My mate Colin has a serious head injury, fortunately he doesn't read this forum.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024