Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clement got rid of another one ??????? 20:29 - Feb 2 with 8292 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 21:46 - Feb 2 with 3171 viewsmorningstar

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 21:43 - Feb 2 by Jackfath

Ye ok!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 21:51 - Feb 2 with 3119 viewsmorningstar

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 21:44 - Feb 2 by Jackfath

You're getting confused.

Of course i am.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 22:27 - Feb 2 with 2851 viewsSwanseajill

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 21:51 - Feb 2 by morningstar

Of course i am.

For those old enough to remember "The Rowen and Martin laugh in" ...this thread reminded me of the opening line after the "story so far"
Confused?????? You will be!
Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 22:30 - Feb 2 with 2818 viewsKilkennyjack

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 21:34 - Feb 2 by jruss1

On the cards before Clement, nothing to do with him.

I'm a bit biased I suppose as I have a family connection to David but I think if you look at the academy as a whole since he came in it was hard to argue he wasn't doing a good job. The first team did respond to him very well during that spell Curt was in charge. A lot of the training and tactical prep was done by David.

The main reason he came to us in the first place was the club's commitment to play passing football. He's a big fan of it and wanted to bring it to all levels of the set up.

Which of our first team players did he produce ?

Beware of the Risen People

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 23:31 - Feb 2 with 2502 viewsGlyn1

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 20:52 - Feb 2 by dickythorpe

Such a great coach........17th in the PL......THANKS!!!!!

The key words there are "in the PL" - not relegated - so thanks from me as well.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2017 23:32]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 00:43 - Feb 3 with 2338 viewsStarsky

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 22:27 - Feb 2 by Swanseajill

For those old enough to remember "The Rowen and Martin laugh in" ...this thread reminded me of the opening line after the "story so far"

"Veery interesting"

It's just the internet, init.

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 02:08 - Feb 3 with 2250 viewsmajorraglan

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 22:30 - Feb 2 by Kilkennyjack

Which of our first team players did he produce ?

Hes only been there a couple of years, work in the academy takes years to pay dividends. Most of the academies don't produce players good enough for the Premier League because the standard is so high, they will churn out players who can make a living in the lower leagues, but not at the very top.
Everton have a good youth set up which has produced some very good players, if Everton are taking him then he must have something about him. The FAW coaching program which he was involved in is very highly regarded.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2017 2:09]
Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 05:17 - Feb 3 with 2158 viewsicecoldjack

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 02:08 - Feb 3 by majorraglan

Hes only been there a couple of years, work in the academy takes years to pay dividends. Most of the academies don't produce players good enough for the Premier League because the standard is so high, they will churn out players who can make a living in the lower leagues, but not at the very top.
Everton have a good youth set up which has produced some very good players, if Everton are taking him then he must have something about him. The FAW coaching program which he was involved in is very highly regarded.

Is the standard in the premier league so high ? personally i think the standard is getting weaker by the season, backed up by the prem teams generally getting beaten in Euro competititions by clubs with far less financial muscle and resources .
Spanish and Dutch clubs are producing some lovely footballers at a fraction of the cost, prem league clubs just seem to throw money at it which stunts development early on as young players seem to think they've made it before being able to be proficient in all aspects of the game/

just my take.
Login to get fewer ads

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 06:51 - Feb 3 with 2048 viewsDr_Winston

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 02:08 - Feb 3 by majorraglan

Don't mind KJ. He's just having one of his usual digs at the Academy. He doesn't get that it can indeed take years to start regularly developing youngsters good enough to consistently compete at the level we need them to.

For those who care to look the improvement is already obvious, as instead of going on loan to LOW clubs like they used to many of our better youngsters are playing for League teams instead, and often doing very well there, and our U23's progressed to the latter stages of a competition against full league teams from divisions below.

Unfortunately for them due to rank bad management for much of the last three seasons we've rarely been in a position other than cup games to give the kids a bit of a run out towards the end of the campaign.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 07:14 - Feb 3 with 2010 viewsKilkennyjack

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 06:51 - Feb 3 by Dr_Winston

Don't mind KJ. He's just having one of his usual digs at the Academy. He doesn't get that it can indeed take years to start regularly developing youngsters good enough to consistently compete at the level we need them to.

For those who care to look the improvement is already obvious, as instead of going on loan to LOW clubs like they used to many of our better youngsters are playing for League teams instead, and often doing very well there, and our U23's progressed to the latter stages of a competition against full league teams from divisions below.

Unfortunately for them due to rank bad management for much of the last three seasons we've rarely been in a position other than cup games to give the kids a bit of a run out towards the end of the campaign.

Well lets all be happy clappers about spending millions on an academy that has produced nobody for our first team since Ben.

The same money that could have gone into our first team or our stadium.

You have no measure by which to judge the academy.
Nobody fexking cares that youngsters we brought in from Scotland or wherever are being loaned to yeovil or Northampton or mk or bristol rovers or barnet or crewe or newport.
None of that has helped our club.
Kenje Gorre ?

We used to produce local players to play at premiership and international level, and those players are still playing.

Something is not right.
We have been on our knees most of this season and the academy has gone missing in action.

I remain very proud that our club produced Macca, Ben, Jazz, and Joey in a short period of time.

And you can feck off.

Beware of the Risen People

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 07:26 - Feb 3 with 1984 viewsDr_Winston

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 07:14 - Feb 3 by Kilkennyjack

Well lets all be happy clappers about spending millions on an academy that has produced nobody for our first team since Ben.

Nobody fexking cares that youngsters we brought in from Scotland or wherever are being loaned to yeovil or Northampton or mk or bristol rovers or barnet or crewe or newport.
Kenje Gorre ?

We used to produce local players to play at premiership and international level, and those players are still playing.

Something is not right.
We have been on our knees most of this season and the academy has gone missing in action.

I remain very proud that our club produced Macca, Ben, Jazz, and Joey in a short period of time.

And you can feck off.

The prosecution rests M'lud.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 08:08 - Feb 3 with 1896 viewsAngelRangelQS

Kenje Gorre ?

Something is not right.

And you can feck off.

Totally agree with this.

If our academy was half decent we'd have had a few 14 years olds making their first team debuts their season but they haven't. Waste of money
Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 09:27 - Feb 3 with 1743 viewswaynekerr55

There are two problems with our academy, one of which we can control and one we can't as it's a structural issue.

Firstly, parents have far, far too much influence at the club. Just because someone has bought a vending machine off Dineen, goes for a pint with Martin etc. etc. should have no bearing on a player's place at the academy. End of discussion.

However the bigger issue is structural. Firstly the system itself is crap. Children are ferried around at 9 years of age, travelling 6 hours for 25 minutes football. That's just bullsh*t. They shouldn't be at academies until at least 13 years of age. The ideal solution would be to give clubs a catchment area where they mentor coaches at local clubs, which helps to raise standards. There should be representative squads and we should return to elite centres such as Lilleshall if we want to develop players until they are 13/14, when clubs can then pick them up.

This also doesn't factor in that they lose their childhood, kids don't get to play anymore. And don't get me started on the pampered way of life they get. Most of them won't play on anything other than a cabbage patch, yet we have them expecting perfect pitches. I don't see the Balkan or South American nations complaining about playing surfaces, given that they are generally technically and tactically more proficient than us.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2017 9:29]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 09:43 - Feb 3 with 1699 viewsPegojack

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 22:27 - Feb 2 by Swanseajill

I thought that was from 'Soap'?
Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 09:47 - Feb 3 with 1677 viewsDafyddHuw

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 09:43 - Feb 3 by Pegojack

I thought that was from 'Soap'?

Yeah, it was.We're being lied to again.
Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 10:06 - Feb 3 with 1072 viewsLoyal

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 21:24 - Feb 2 by swanjackal

Bring back Malcolm Elias, guy has a good eye for talent.

Went to Southampton ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 10:15 - Feb 3 with 1066 viewsskipper75

Spot on
Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 10:21 - Feb 3 with 1055 viewswaynekerr55

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 10:15 - Feb 3 by skipper75

Spot on

Why you down arrow me

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 11:52 - Feb 3 with 1006 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Kenje Gorre ?

Something is not right.

And you can feck off.

KILK

You do have a point about no one coming through.

However saying the money spent on academys and training facilities is a waste of money is F@cking so short sighted, i shudder at your post.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 11:54 - Feb 3 with 1004 viewsperchrockjack

I stated many times the academy was and is a waste

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 12:06 - Feb 3 with 986 viewsJack_Kass

This is a significant loss, make no mistake. David has one of the sharpest minds for the game, in the country. We are seeing small signs of his work with the success of the U23's, but the nature of the job is unless you stick through a whole cycle at one club/academy (15 years), then you're usually absent when it all comes together, and someone else takes the credit.

He probably just had a titful of the amateur circus fare we've become lately.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 13:20 - Feb 3 with 944 viewswaynekerr55

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 12:06 - Feb 3 by Jack_Kass

This is a significant loss, make no mistake. David has one of the sharpest minds for the game, in the country. We are seeing small signs of his work with the success of the U23's, but the nature of the job is unless you stick through a whole cycle at one club/academy (15 years), then you're usually absent when it all comes together, and someone else takes the credit.

He probably just had a titful of the amateur circus fare we've become lately.

Become lately?

Despite the financial outlay, I doubt that we were the most professional of set ups, given that parents are known to throw their toys out and be backed by their mates, rather than being told to go f*ck themselves.

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 13:27 - Feb 3 with 927 viewsswanjackal

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 10:06 - Feb 3 by Loyal

Went to Southampton ?

Yep, that's him, then onto Liverpool, and now at Fulham. He is highly regarded as being someone who can identify and work with young prospects.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 13:40 - Feb 3 with 907 viewsJack_Kass

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 13:20 - Feb 3 by waynekerr55

Become lately?

Despite the financial outlay, I doubt that we were the most professional of set ups, given that parents are known to throw their toys out and be backed by their mates, rather than being told to go f*ck themselves.

Yes the club does seem to have it's fair share of hideous stories surrounding it's local enterprises.

My pet peeve at the moment is the rise of 'pre academies', starting as young as u6.

A U6 pre academy, wtf is that?

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 14:49 - Feb 3 with 844 viewsRissoleCoughlin

Clement got rid of another one ??????? on 13:40 - Feb 3 by Jack_Kass

Yes the club does seem to have it's fair share of hideous stories surrounding it's local enterprises.

My pet peeve at the moment is the rise of 'pre academies', starting as young as u6.

A U6 pre academy, wtf is that?

A Pre Academy is the logical end product of an absurd 'arms race' between clubs to mop up the best local talent they can find in the hope that they'll have the next big player. As it's not possible to sign these boys until 9, they offer clubs a handy way of keeping the child under their wing until they reach that age thereby preventing other local clubs in their area from poaching them. In our case that club would be Cardiff, but I'd imagine it must be significantly worse in the London area / North-West where there are so many clubs scouting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024