Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Isn't it sad? 20:13 - Mar 19 with 3730 viewsalwaysblackandwhite

That a football team (Leyton Orient) could be wound up soon over an unpaid £250,000 tax bill, yet some players earn that in a week.

Crazy or what?
Isn't it sad? on 20:15 - Mar 19 with 3282 viewsDarran

They won't be wound up no club ever is but on a side note where's that cùnt Hearn?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Isn't it sad? on 20:34 - Mar 19 with 3216 viewswaynekerr55

Where's the cock sucker snackajack? He said he didn't care if they were wound up.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Isn't it sad? on 20:36 - Mar 19 with 3208 viewsmorningstar

Isn't it sad? on 20:15 - Mar 19 by Darran

They won't be wound up no club ever is but on a side note where's that cùnt Hearn?

Here he is. Doesn't come across as a cvnt mind?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/03/01/selling-leyton-orient-absolute-di

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Isn't it sad? on 20:39 - Mar 19 with 3191 viewsDarran

Isn't it sad? on 20:36 - Mar 19 by morningstar

Here he is. Doesn't come across as a cvnt mind?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/03/01/selling-leyton-orient-absolute-di

Fair point Gar but I'm sure he could chip in towards the tax bill and notice.

Isn't it sad? on 21:03 - Mar 19 with 3144 viewsKilkennyjack

The 'o's fans stood and marched with us in out darkest Petty hour.

I remember Liverpool writting off debt to the SwAns post Toshack.
I remember man utd playing at the Vetch to help swans out - a young giggs was marked by the late great Robbie James.

Maybe the powers that be in our now Premiership club could do something meaningful to help the 'o's survive...? That would be nice to see.

Beware of the Risen People

Isn't it sad? on 21:03 - Mar 19 with 3139 viewsDarran

Isn't it sad? on 21:03 - Mar 19 by Kilkennyjack

The 'o's fans stood and marched with us in out darkest Petty hour.

I remember Liverpool writting off debt to the SwAns post Toshack.
I remember man utd playing at the Vetch to help swans out - a young giggs was marked by the late great Robbie James.

Maybe the powers that be in our now Premiership club could do something meaningful to help the 'o's survive...? That would be nice to see.

Indeed.

Isn't it sad? on 21:29 - Mar 19 with 3086 viewsmorningstar

Isn't it sad? on 20:39 - Mar 19 by Darran

Fair point Gar but I'm sure he could chip in towards the tax bill and notice.

He can't do that. It's somebody else's company. But as you said earlier, they won't go to the wall. Shame to see them go out of the league though. If not the biggest, then definitely the most famous since relegation to the conference came in too play.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Isn't it sad? on 21:49 - Mar 19 with 3044 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Did they acquire this debt by spending beyond their means? If so then I have little sympathy. If they were screwed over by a former owner or similar then I wish them well.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Isn't it sad? on 21:53 - Mar 19 with 3043 viewsmonmouth

Isn't it sad? on 21:49 - Mar 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Did they acquire this debt by spending beyond their means? If so then I have little sympathy. If they were screwed over by a former owner or similar then I wish them well.

Really? Did the fans do the spending then, because apart from any creditors, they are the only ones that will suffer and they will love their club just as much as some of us love ours.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Isn't it sad? on 21:56 - Mar 19 with 3019 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Isn't it sad? on 21:53 - Mar 19 by monmouth

Really? Did the fans do the spending then, because apart from any creditors, they are the only ones that will suffer and they will love their club just as much as some of us love ours.

So who should bail them out? What about the next team that needs help? And the next?

Their fans have my sympathy however a line must be drawn somewhere. Perhaps a number of high profile clubs going bust will be a wake up call to other clubs thinking of spending beyond their means, including us.

Isn't it sad? on 22:02 - Mar 19 with 3013 viewsmonmouth

Isn't it sad? on 21:56 - Mar 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

So who should bail them out? What about the next team that needs help? And the next?

Their fans have my sympathy however a line must be drawn somewhere. Perhaps a number of high profile clubs going bust will be a wake up call to other clubs thinking of spending beyond their means, including us.

The club should survive and the directors at the time of the accrued non payments should pay the debt by losing their houses.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Isn't it sad? on 22:10 - Mar 19 with 2988 viewsDarran

Isn't it sad? on 22:02 - Mar 19 by monmouth

The club should survive and the directors at the time of the accrued non payments should pay the debt by losing their houses.

100%.

Isn't it sad? on 22:23 - Mar 19 with 2949 viewsJackSomething

Isn't it sad? on 21:49 - Mar 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

This article should help you out: http://thesetpieces.com/features/couldnt-write-worse-story-fight-leyton-orients-
[Post edited 19 Mar 2017 22:24]

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Isn't it sad? on 22:28 - Mar 19 with 2926 viewslonglostjack

A good friend reckons the owners have taken out their loans. Sad story. Something needs to be done about this ownership malarkey. Germans have much stricter rules.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2017 22:29]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Isn't it sad? on 23:38 - Mar 19 with 2844 viewsowainglyndwr

If every premiership fan gave a pound at home games that would well and truly cover all depts
Isn't it sad? on 00:26 - Mar 20 with 2785 viewsEasternJack

Isn't it sad? on 23:38 - Mar 19 by owainglyndwr

If every premiership fan gave a pound at home games that would well and truly cover all depts

Consistent

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Isn't it sad? on 00:32 - Mar 20 with 2775 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Isn't it sad? on 23:38 - Mar 19 by owainglyndwr

So every fan in the Premier League is supposed to bail out whatever club can't afford its tax bill every month?

A line needs to be drawn and the suggestion above of targeting the directors responsible is a start.

Isn't it sad? on 07:45 - Mar 20 with 2667 viewsQuakerJack

Given what that article says about this guy... Wanted in Albania for fraud, how didnt the FA or Hearn realise that this feller wasnt legit when the sale went through?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Isn't it sad? on 11:09 - Mar 20 with 2592 viewsJack_Kass

It's a shame Dwight can't remember when their fans backed and supported us in our hour of need, for no seeming motive other than they're a club full of local, genuine supporters like ourselves,

It's a shame he's never been to Brisbane road, one of my favourite away days, past and present.

https://www.gofundme.com/saveorient

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Isn't it sad? on 22:16 - Mar 20 with 2421 viewsKilkennyjack

Isn't it sad? on 11:09 - Mar 20 by Jack_Kass

It's a shame Dwight can't remember when their fans backed and supported us in our hour of need, for no seeming motive other than they're a club full of local, genuine supporters like ourselves,

It's a shame he's never been to Brisbane road, one of my favourite away days, past and present.

Thanks for posting the link.

A number of Swans fans have made contributions.

Beware of the Risen People

Isn't it sad? on 22:30 - Mar 20 with 2402 viewsNookiejack

2-0 up in play off final to get into the Championship and they end up losing on penalties - since then have gone into a downward spiral.

A warning to our leaders of the Trust especially those on it who think we will stay in the Premier League forever.

if the Leyton Orient Trust at the moment had a few million pounds at the moment could save their club and take total control of it.

This is the argument for our Trust banking money for a rainy day.
Isn't it sad? on 22:54 - Mar 20 with 2371 viewsNOTRAC

Barry Hearn pocketed £4m from the sale of his shares to Francesco Bacchetti ,but retained the ownership of Brisbane Road. Since then he has charged the club rent of £180,000. May not seem a lot to us , but for a team in the lower leagues a substantial overhead cost.
He has offered to let the club have the ground rent free for next year, if the supporters take over the club from Bacchetti. However this may be a smoke screen to take the blame away from himself, as he was a big supporter of the club moving to the Olympic Stadium and sharing with West Ham. If that had happened he could have sold Brisbane Road for a fortune for development.In reality he knows that if the club goes through he could still make a fortune.
And we are quite happy about letting our American non investors take over the Liberty lease.
Madness.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Isn't it sad? on 23:00 - Mar 20 with 2361 viewsepaul

Isn't it sad? on 07:45 - Mar 20 by QuakerJack

Given what that article says about this guy... Wanted in Albania for fraud, how didnt the FA or Hearn realise that this feller wasnt legit when the sale went through?

Apparently according to Hearn he passed the fit and proper person test.......

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Isn't it sad? on 23:39 - Mar 20 with 2328 viewsNookiejack

Isn't it sad? on 23:00 - Mar 20 by epaul

Apparently according to Hearn he passed the fit and proper person test.......

Who are the Ultimate Beneficial owners of Swansea LLC the Yank's Holding Company? No one seems to know?
Isn't it sad? on 07:46 - Mar 21 with 2260 viewsLoyal

Isn't it sad? on 11:09 - Mar 20 by Jack_Kass

Some remember, some weren't here to remember.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024