Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
terror attack London 15:33 - Mar 22 with 9359 viewscentrestandswan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

terror attack London on 13:34 - Mar 23 with 738 viewsblueytheblue

terror attack London on 13:05 - Mar 23 by londonlisa2001

No.

But you stop the recruitment and radicalisation. Once it becomes 'us and them', it's far easier to recruit 'them'. If they are 'us' it's much more difficult.

Agree on the last statement.

However it then boils down to stopping the recruitment and radicalisation. Yes, initiatives within certain communities can be and are useful. Where they fail is when specific groups label those initiatives of be "racist, islamophobic" - most often by space cadets like NUS ( see their opposition to PREVENT ).

Where there are groupings of specific communities coming into Britain, where large elements may not speak English, keep together and don't integrate you've instantly pockets where extremism can grow - why? The reason being old school mindsets from vastly different cultures perpetuate, mindsets completely at odds with western values.

Say government bans an extremist preacher. Does that prevent radicalisation, prevent indoctrinisation? No. It's then spun as "I'm telling the truth, see what these people are doing to prevent it?". Is access to extremist material incredibly easy, internet or otherwise? Yes. It's incredibly difficult to prevent when our culture is based upon freedom of speech, albeit with responsibility for consequences.

It's also a half hearted effort at times. The reality is, Britain is at war in all but name with extremists. We're not dealing with people willing to become saint like peacemakers ( mostly to save own skin ) like McGuinness. We're not dealing with people who can deal on a rational basis.

The greatest strength Britain has is also it's greatest weakness. Tolerance, freedom of speech - all abused by hate spreaders. Get imprisoned? Out in a few years, having no doubt recruited within prisons. I watched the parliament stuff today and it was all seemingly "we have to be nice, can't lose our souls". Well, of course there's validity to that... but when that leads to emboldenment and more attacks, then tactics have to be adapted.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

terror attack London on 13:34 - Mar 23 with 738 viewsLord_Bony

terror attack London on 13:22 - Mar 23 by rock1n

Well the rhetoric of Trump and his actions that lasted all of a week probably increased recruitment by 100's of thousands.

I'm saying our words and actions matter. Yes we can go full blown Authoritarian and feel a bit safer but we will lose vital freedoms of what makes us who we are are.

That doesn't mean I'd be soft, I'm for reforming the Human Rights Act so that we can deport criminals more easily and actively promote our Christian values and start questionning Islam as the likes of Douglas Murray do. As someone more liberal minded I get really fcked off with the ease at which other religions are picked apart and Islam is left untouched.

I happen to have know many muslim people and have enjoyed their company, but there is a problem with Islam no question.

There is no problem with Islam...each to their own.

But there is a big problem with Islamic Fundamentalists.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

terror attack London on 13:39 - Mar 23 with 725 viewsrock1n

terror attack London on 13:34 - Mar 23 by Lord_Bony

There is no problem with Islam...each to their own.

But there is a big problem with Islamic Fundamentalists.

No there is, there really is and you're not paying attention.

Fundamentalism means a literal, strict interpretation - that would suggest a problem.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

terror attack London on 14:18 - Mar 23 with 691 viewsLord_Bony

The vast majority of muslims in Europe and America do not agree with extreme,fundamentalist views. There is a tiny percentage of nutters who have become radicalised. There is the danger.

Similarly, you will find these extremist nut jobs in any major religion,including Christianity.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

terror attack London on 14:21 - Mar 23 with 686 viewsDarran

terror attack London on 14:18 - Mar 23 by Lord_Bony

The vast majority of muslims in Europe and America do not agree with extreme,fundamentalist views. There is a tiny percentage of nutters who have become radicalised. There is the danger.

Similarly, you will find these extremist nut jobs in any major religion,including Christianity.

In Britain?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

terror attack London on 14:23 - Mar 23 with 780 viewsLord_Bony

Britain is in Europe,yes.

terror attack London on 14:35 - Mar 23 with 761 viewsDarran

terror attack London on 14:23 - Mar 23 by Lord_Bony

Britain is in Europe,yes.

Ah right that's a no then.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

terror attack London on 14:39 - Mar 23 with 746 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Any new news who the terrorist actually was then, if Izzadeen is in prison?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Login to get fewer ads

terror attack London on 15:00 - Mar 23 with 719 viewsrock1n

terror attack London on 14:18 - Mar 23 by Lord_Bony

I give up

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

terror attack London on 15:04 - Mar 23 with 703 viewssherpajacob

terror attack London on 14:39 - Mar 23 by Tummer_from_Texas

Any new news who the terrorist actually was then, if Izzadeen is in prison?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39363297

Not been named yet as far as I'm aware, but according to sources British born, British citizen.

in other words, not a bogus refugee or illegal immigrant.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

terror attack London on 16:39 - Mar 23 with 634 viewsFlashberryjack

terror attack London on 15:04 - Mar 23 by sherpajacob

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39363297

Not been named yet as far as I'm aware, but according to sources British born, British citizen.

in other words, not a bogus refugee or illegal immigrant.

Named as 52 year old Khalid Masood.

He must be into his second virgin as I type.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024