Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
terror attack London 15:33 - Mar 22 with 9360 viewscentrestandswan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

terror attack London on 21:48 - Mar 22 with 1442 viewsFieryJack

terror attack London on 19:16 - Mar 22 by blueytheblue

The question is why Abu Izzadeen was even out on the streets, tbh.

He's not.

According to latest reports he's still in jail.

Channel 4 f***ed up.
terror attack London on 23:47 - Mar 22 with 1344 viewsEbo

terror attack London on 18:13 - Mar 22 by stircrazyjack

Because most infact nearly all terrorist attacks are comitted by followers of islam. Please enlighten me if you think im wrong.

If you did some research before posting that then you would find you are quite wrong.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

terror attack London on 00:22 - Mar 23 with 1314 viewsTreforys_Jack

terror attack London on 18:32 - Mar 22 by Darran

Terrible,point scoring in a thread like this. That's filth.

Kind of ironic statement after reading the 3rd post on this thread.

RIP to all the victims and thoughts with their families.
terror attack London on 01:17 - Mar 23 with 1287 viewsbonymine

terror attack London on 00:22 - Mar 23 by Treforys_Jack

Kind of ironic statement after reading the 3rd post on this thread.

RIP to all the victims and thoughts with their families.

How many more 'lone wolf' attacks do we have to tolerate like this ?

If he was known to the Security Services then why do we afford these murderers the freedom to attack our country like this ? ;

Awaiting the Liberal happy clappers any minute now to chastise me how the attacker should have had his 'human rights' before murdering our Police Force ...?

STID. Together Stronger

💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

terror attack London on 03:11 - Mar 23 with 1266 viewssnork44

terror attack London on 01:17 - Mar 23 by bonymine

If he was known to the Security Services then why do we afford these murderers the freedom to attack our country like this ? ;

Awaiting the Liberal happy clappers any minute now to chastise me how the attacker should have had his 'human rights' before murdering our Police Force ...?

STID. Together Stronger

💪💪💪

The person to blame is certain Anthony Blair who opened the doors to everybody who wanted to come in by introducing the human rights act just because his ugly wife is a human rights barrister and guess what, the repulsive bint got richer and richer! Anyone who objected to unfettered immigration were labeled as a racists, but that was soon amended when the marjority of people coming in were white, so you were then called a Xenophobe. The scum that championed so called multi-culturism now have blood on their hands, all it has done is create ghettos, non-assimilation of people and the creating and grooming of radical Islamic terrorists. We need to now say to the immigrants either you intigrate and accept our way of life or you get out, if you want sharia law and it's like, you go to a country that has that way of life. We have listened for too long to cretins like Blair and Mandelson, it is now time for us and I mean all British born people to reclaim the country back. I am living across the ocean, but this is one of few times I wish I was back home.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

terror attack London on 07:29 - Mar 23 with 1217 viewsEdmundo

So very sad, that today people will kill other people in the name of their religion.

This just goes to prove that it can happen even in Cities where there is a high police presence.

Rip all those lost yesterday.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

terror attack London on 09:48 - Mar 23 with 1138 viewsLeonWasGod

terror attack London on 01:17 - Mar 23 by bonymine

STID. Together Stronger

💪💪💪

Presumably we can't lock them up pre-emptively, and we can't deport them if they are ours. So if they've done nothing yet, or have been convicted and served time, there's probably very little that can be done other than monitor..

No idea what the answer is*. Ultimately there will always be a-holes out there and there's probably very little that can be done to stop a single attacker. It will be the same with any sort of offender; be it an Islamic nutjob, a white supremacist nutjob, an armed burglar, a rapist....etc.

I'd like to see muslim leaders doing more to stamp out fundamentalist teaching at their mosques - this always seems to be at the core of radicalisation. Cut of the supply of hatred - although that will take years and only drive things underground.

edit - actually, I probably do have an idea of what's needed. Most things like this in my lifetime have been resolved through political means. Which needs leaders to sit round the table and make concessions, reach compromises. Not a popular solution on here (see McGuinness) but one of the few that seems to work. We sure won't be able to eliminate all potential jihadis.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 10:03]
terror attack London on 10:12 - Mar 23 with 1118 viewsDarran

terror attack London on 23:47 - Mar 22 by Ebo

If you did some research before posting that then you would find you are quite wrong.

Yeah but Ebo doesn't care Daf does.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

terror attack London on 11:09 - Mar 23 with 1071 viewsPrivate_Partz

terror attack London on 18:51 - Mar 22 by longlostjack

Terrible what happened today. But the media is going into overdrive FFS - just what the bastards want. Toning down sensationalist media coverage should be part of the anti-terrorism strategy.

It does seem that London is doing a great job at getting back to normal pdq. This is just one of the many ways to fight terrorism.
On the other hand it is far from that on the BBC with Charlie and Co getting as close as they can and standing there shivering doing their best to present the Breakfast Show.
Don't get me wrong, we should have maximum sympathy for the poor souls killed and should highlight the folly of these extremist madmen. I feel however that blindly repeating the same news over and over until new stuff turns up leaving presenters struggling to find questions to ask is OTT. It perhaps even gives the terrorists a platform they do not deserve.
As usual with all things in life it is a question of balance.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

terror attack London on 11:18 - Mar 23 with 1058 viewssnork44

terror attack London on 09:48 - Mar 23 by LeonWasGod

Presumably we can't lock them up pre-emptively, and we can't deport them if they are ours. So if they've done nothing yet, or have been convicted and served time, there's probably very little that can be done other than monitor..

No idea what the answer is*. Ultimately there will always be a-holes out there and there's probably very little that can be done to stop a single attacker. It will be the same with any sort of offender; be it an Islamic nutjob, a white supremacist nutjob, an armed burglar, a rapist....etc.

I'd like to see muslim leaders doing more to stamp out fundamentalist teaching at their mosques - this always seems to be at the core of radicalisation. Cut of the supply of hatred - although that will take years and only drive things underground.

edit - actually, I probably do have an idea of what's needed. Most things like this in my lifetime have been resolved through political means. Which needs leaders to sit round the table and make concessions, reach compromises. Not a popular solution on here (see McGuinness) but one of the few that seems to work. We sure won't be able to eliminate all potential jihadis.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 10:03]

Sitting down at the table with McGuiness and Adams was one thing as they were the mouthpieces for the IRA , with the Jihadists would be a different thing altogether as their demands would be against all our values and they are still pissed off with over the crusades,the West's support of Isreal and the bombing of people throughout the Middle East. Their refusal to assimilate even people born the UK and immigrants who move to the UK or other countries in the EU, just shows they want to change our way of life. They are the religious equivalent to the Nazis either you do as we say and live the way according to our intrepretation of Allah's teachings or you will be incarcerated or more likely exterminated. This is threat we now face either we listen to politically correct fools that got us into this mess or we stand up for our way of life and if we offend some poor soul, well tough shit !

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

terror attack London on 11:23 - Mar 23 with 1052 viewsMongos_Candygram

Stuff like this is pretty much my worse nightmare. Those who know me know that I tend to live in a world of my own, its nicer than reality. But reality is nudging closer and closer to my world, and I can't say I'm impressed. Religion is the pimple on the arsehole of humanity. In 2017 we're still scrapping over who's God has the bigger cock. Well, they've won in my respect - a mate of mine is running the London Marathon next month. I've decided to pull out of the trip.

*expecting abuse, letting them win blah blah blah*

Spanish balloons? Mongo take chance

terror attack London on 11:29 - Mar 23 with 1046 viewsDarran

terror attack London on 11:23 - Mar 23 by Mongos_Candygram

Stuff like this is pretty much my worse nightmare. Those who know me know that I tend to live in a world of my own, its nicer than reality. But reality is nudging closer and closer to my world, and I can't say I'm impressed. Religion is the pimple on the arsehole of humanity. In 2017 we're still scrapping over who's God has the bigger cock. Well, they've won in my respect - a mate of mine is running the London Marathon next month. I've decided to pull out of the trip.

*expecting abuse, letting them win blah blah blah*

No abuse from me Mart you're a good man and what you go with is good for me.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

terror attack London on 11:29 - Mar 23 with 1043 viewssherpajacob

terror attack London on 03:11 - Mar 23 by snork44

The person to blame is certain Anthony Blair who opened the doors to everybody who wanted to come in by introducing the human rights act just because his ugly wife is a human rights barrister and guess what, the repulsive bint got richer and richer! Anyone who objected to unfettered immigration were labeled as a racists, but that was soon amended when the marjority of people coming in were white, so you were then called a Xenophobe. The scum that championed so called multi-culturism now have blood on their hands, all it has done is create ghettos, non-assimilation of people and the creating and grooming of radical Islamic terrorists. We need to now say to the immigrants either you intigrate and accept our way of life or you get out, if you want sharia law and it's like, you go to a country that has that way of life. We have listened for too long to cretins like Blair and Mandelson, it is now time for us and I mean all British born people to reclaim the country back. I am living across the ocean, but this is one of few times I wish I was back home.

What about terrorism committed by british born people.?

Some on planet swans yesterday were immediately attributing this unforgivable attack to bogus refugees.

The bile and hate spread by the mail and express certainly seems to be hitting its intended audience.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

terror attack London on 12:06 - Mar 23 with 996 viewsblueytheblue

terror attack London on 11:29 - Mar 23 by sherpajacob

What about terrorism committed by british born people.?

Some on planet swans yesterday were immediately attributing this unforgivable attack to bogus refugees.

The bile and hate spread by the mail and express certainly seems to be hitting its intended audience.

Don't you mean British born people who are radicalised - where does that radicalisation come from? Places than invite non British speakers over possibly?

Poll: Alternate POTY final

terror attack London on 12:10 - Mar 23 with 985 viewsLeonWasGod

terror attack London on 11:18 - Mar 23 by snork44

Sitting down at the table with McGuiness and Adams was one thing as they were the mouthpieces for the IRA , with the Jihadists would be a different thing altogether as their demands would be against all our values and they are still pissed off with over the crusades,the West's support of Isreal and the bombing of people throughout the Middle East. Their refusal to assimilate even people born the UK and immigrants who move to the UK or other countries in the EU, just shows they want to change our way of life. They are the religious equivalent to the Nazis either you do as we say and live the way according to our intrepretation of Allah's teachings or you will be incarcerated or more likely exterminated. This is threat we now face either we listen to politically correct fools that got us into this mess or we stand up for our way of life and if we offend some poor soul, well tough shit !

I know: it's an extremely difficult thing to tackle as the motivations are so deeply ingrained and it's global. The IRA situation was far more straightforward and that was hard enough and took huge courage (mostly on the side of victims who, if not prepared to forgive, at least were prepared to look forwards).

This issue is embedded within the UK, not something we import, so the broader focus on immigration is not proportional. We often hear of perfectly normal, well-behaved kids being radicalised, so recruitment can happen anywhere. And it's not just from the Asian communities either (although mostly is) - some non-Asian kids have converted and joined the fight, or married and gone of to breed little terrorists-to-be. We've got to cut off that supply of radicalisation and hate in the first place - muslim leaders should be doing more to clean up their own communities.

it's a bit of a mess really. Someone needs to be holding the leaders of Islam in this country to account. Asking them what they are doing to tackle this problem that's being carried out in their name (maybe we're doing that already, but you rarely hear of any initiatives).
terror attack London on 12:13 - Mar 23 with 976 viewsblueytheblue

terror attack London on 12:10 - Mar 23 by LeonWasGod

I know: it's an extremely difficult thing to tackle as the motivations are so deeply ingrained and it's global. The IRA situation was far more straightforward and that was hard enough and took huge courage (mostly on the side of victims who, if not prepared to forgive, at least were prepared to look forwards).

This issue is embedded within the UK, not something we import, so the broader focus on immigration is not proportional. We often hear of perfectly normal, well-behaved kids being radicalised, so recruitment can happen anywhere. And it's not just from the Asian communities either (although mostly is) - some non-Asian kids have converted and joined the fight, or married and gone of to breed little terrorists-to-be. We've got to cut off that supply of radicalisation and hate in the first place - muslim leaders should be doing more to clean up their own communities.

it's a bit of a mess really. Someone needs to be holding the leaders of Islam in this country to account. Asking them what they are doing to tackle this problem that's being carried out in their name (maybe we're doing that already, but you rarely hear of any initiatives).

There are initiatives, there are Imams speaking out.

The problem is more the liberal elite in the media, running student unions who instantly decry any such initiatives as "RACIST!", "ISLAMOPHOBIC!".

terror attack London on 12:13 - Mar 23 with 976 viewsLeonWasGod

terror attack London on 12:06 - Mar 23 by blueytheblue

Don't you mean British born people who are radicalised - where does that radicalisation come from? Places than invite non British speakers over possibly?

Plenty seems to come from other UK-born people Bluey - such as Anjem Choudary. It's not predominantly an immigration issue.
terror attack London on 12:23 - Mar 23 with 963 viewsblueytheblue

terror attack London on 12:13 - Mar 23 by LeonWasGod

Plenty seems to come from other UK-born people Bluey - such as Anjem Choudary. It's not predominantly an immigration issue.

Anjem was tightly linked to non-British Omar Bakri Muhammad.

Indoctrination is originally started from non-Brits onto British born nationals - Choudary is of Pakistani descent after all so arguably more prone to radicalisation.

From there, preach away with the hate. Look to prisons to recruit / brainwash the lower intellect criminal element. Instant stream of dedicated fighters for the "cause", plausible deniability by saying "not Islamic follower! He was a Brit, see!".

terror attack London on 12:29 - Mar 23 with 953 viewsLeonWasGod

terror attack London on 12:13 - Mar 23 by blueytheblue

There are initiatives, there are Imams speaking out.

The problem is more the liberal elite in the media, running student unions who instantly decry any such initiatives as "RACIST!", "ISLAMOPHOBIC!".

Good, we need to hear more of it. It is an issue within the UK now, whatever the origin.
terror attack London on 12:37 - Mar 23 with 938 viewsWingstandwood

terror attack London on 11:18 - Mar 23 by snork44

Negotiation with em is impossible I mean?......Apparently they think it's their God given right to separate (kidnapping I guess) females from non-Muslim families......Rape them, treat them like slaves and beat them at a whim. Of course there is an age limit for their preferential type of selection process i.e. if you're too old?....to ill to do the housework?..... disabled?......a little bolchy at your subhuman treatment you get shot!

If you're a non-Muslim male and lucky not to have been ( e.g. like Syrian-war hostages) tortured relentlessly for months and beheaded you may to be forced to pay an extortionate religious tax. If you're skint and no use to them you'll get shot anyway.

Call me picky but, I'd prefer a bit of the good old tried and tested non-medieval British standard modern way of life !

Argus!

terror attack London on 12:48 - Mar 23 with 919 viewsrock1n

When are people going to understand that the best reaction to these events is not hate?

If you're mentality now is 'kick them out' 'arm the police' 'hate the muslims' etc

You are playing right into their hands.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

terror attack London on 12:53 - Mar 23 with 907 viewsrock1n

terror attack London on 17:57 - Mar 22 by Dr_Winston

The mental issue is religion in general. It just happens to be the case that Islamic crazies are currently in the ascendancy.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

terror attack London on 13:02 - Mar 23 with 887 viewsblueytheblue

terror attack London on 12:48 - Mar 23 by rock1n

When are people going to understand that the best reaction to these events is not hate?

If you're mentality now is 'kick them out' 'arm the police' 'hate the muslims' etc

You are playing right into their hands.

So what would *you* do then?

Sit down and have negotiations with Daesh? How would that one work?

terror attack London on 13:05 - Mar 23 with 885 viewslondonlisa2001

terror attack London on 13:02 - Mar 23 by blueytheblue

No.

But you stop the recruitment and radicalisation. Once it becomes 'us and them', it's far easier to recruit 'them'. If they are 'us' it's much more difficult.
terror attack London on 13:22 - Mar 23 with 845 viewsrock1n

terror attack London on 13:02 - Mar 23 by blueytheblue

Well the rhetoric of Trump and his actions that lasted all of a week probably increased recruitment by 100's of thousands.

I'm saying our words and actions matter. Yes we can go full blown Authoritarian and feel a bit safer but we will lose vital freedoms of what makes us who we are are.

That doesn't mean I'd be soft, I'm for reforming the Human Rights Act so that we can deport criminals more easily and actively promote our Christian values and start questionning Islam as the likes of Douglas Murray do. As someone more liberal minded I get really fcked off with the ease at which other religions are picked apart and Islam is left untouched.

I happen to have know many muslim people and have enjoyed their company, but there is a problem with Islam no question.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024