Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread 18:29 - Mar 28 with 29150 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 2 Apr 2017 6:15]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 10:59 - Apr 2 with 2743 viewsRancid

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 10:54 - Apr 2 by Whiterockin

I expect Ayew to play up front, if Llorente is out.

Well that's us phucked then.I'd sooner play Baston, McBurnie, Gylffi or Nordvelt.Really hope this doesn't happen.
The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 11:00 - Apr 2 with 2746 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 09:23 - Apr 2 by oh_tommy_tommy

Come on you Swans

2-0 Swans (Baston 2)

How can you score a goal when your ar*e is firmly attached to the bench.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 11:52 - Apr 2 with 2593 viewstomdickharry

Less disruption to the team the better,if Llorente is out then Baston would probably be the best choice,he just has to come good at some time,today would be a perfect time.
The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Thread on 12:14 - Apr 2 with 2494 viewsJackanapes

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Thread on 17:21 - Apr 1 by Smellyplumz

Oh it's easy when we are winning, no fight when the chips are down.

We weren't winning and the chips WERE down against Burnley and the ref gifted them a penalty.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 12:30 - Apr 2 with 2413 viewsdailew

No Llorente.

Ayew ahead of Borja who's on the bench (as is McBurnie).
[Post edited 2 Apr 2017 12:31]

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 12:31 - Apr 2 with 2397 viewsAngelRangelQS

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 12:30 - Apr 2 by dailew

No Llorente.

Ayew ahead of Borja who's on the bench (as is McBurnie).
[Post edited 2 Apr 2017 12:31]

May as well pack up and go home now
The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 12:31 - Apr 2 with 2391 viewsLandore_Jack

Ayew better put a shift in today. Absolutely gutted about Llorente.

#backtojack

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 12:33 - Apr 2 with 2363 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 11:00 - Apr 2 by Flashberryjack

How can you score a goal when your ar*e is firmly attached to the bench.

Ayew 🙁

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 12:33 - Apr 2 with 2354 viewsAl_Bundy

Oh f*ck .... "head in hands"
The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 12:35 - Apr 2 with 2329 viewsdailew

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 12:31 - Apr 2 by AngelRangelQS

Doesn't look that bad to me.

Solid defence and midfield that's played together a lot. Montero as an impact sub.

2-0 Swans (Siggy, Fer)

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 12:37 - Apr 2 with 2281 viewsAngelRangelQS

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 12:35 - Apr 2 by dailew

Solid defence and midfield that's played together a lot. Montero as an impact sub.

2-0 Swans (Siggy, Fer)

Pity about the 'striker' though eh.

Let's hope I'm wrong
The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 12:38 - Apr 2 with 2260 viewsAl_Bundy

Boro are strong in the air at CB so this may well play into our hands if we play on the deck and around them. Still need a player apart from Siggy who can find the net today.
The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 12:38 - Apr 2 with 2256 viewsFireboy

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 12:35 - Apr 2 by dailew

2-0 Swans (Siggy, Fer)

How dare you put in a postive post
The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 12:40 - Apr 2 with 2232 viewsyescomeon

Ayew has been very poor so far, hope he plays better today. I worry as plan A, B & C since clement has taken charge has been to get balls in to Llorente. We looked awful without him the other week. I hope he's come up with something over the international break. Myself, I would have rathered see McBurnie up front on his own, only other striker that looks able for it, that or a two striker system/Gylfi behind the striker.

Upthecity!

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 12:42 - Apr 2 with 2206 viewsdailew

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 12:37 - Apr 2 by AngelRangelQS

Pity about the 'striker' though eh.

Let's hope I'm wrong

Nearly all teams will be missing a key player, some several, at this time of year.

We haven't done too badly with injuries over the years.

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 12:42 - Apr 2 with 2199 viewsAl_Bundy

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 12:40 - Apr 2 by yescomeon

Ayew has been very poor so far, hope he plays better today. I worry as plan A, B & C since clement has taken charge has been to get balls in to Llorente. We looked awful without him the other week. I hope he's come up with something over the international break. Myself, I would have rathered see McBurnie up front on his own, only other striker that looks able for it, that or a two striker system/Gylfi behind the striker.

Think Gibson would have McBurnie in his pocket if he played. Think PC is banking on a footballing win more than an aerial battle.
The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 12:47 - Apr 2 with 2148 viewsyescomeon

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 12:42 - Apr 2 by Al_Bundy

Think Gibson would have McBurnie in his pocket if he played. Think PC is banking on a footballing win more than an aerial battle.

Aye, you may be right, he's still untested. Out of all the remaining strikers he looks to me to be most similar to Llorente. At least with Olsson back Gylfi drifting inside won't make us so lopsided.

Upthecity!

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 13:06 - Apr 2 with 1983 viewsspiderboy

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 12:42 - Apr 2 by Al_Bundy

not sure why,,,but got a feeling ayews gonna get a goal or 2.
The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 13:13 - Apr 2 with 1937 viewsNirvana

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 12:40 - Apr 2 by yescomeon

"Ayew has been very poor..."

This has been repeated many times on here but isn't true.

He has been mostly anonymous ON THE BALL during his very brief appearances, yes. As you say, I would honestly put this down to Clement not changing the gameplan enough when Ayew has been at striker.

As a winger, he has shown some deft touches, good positioning, movement and workrate, and has linked play well. He would be superb in a pass-and-move style similar to how we used to play, but does appear somewhat limited within the 'bunker' structure we've gone with under PC. He doesn't quite have the turn of pace to be a major factor on counterattacks and playing him, Siggy and Llorente as the front three saps too much pace overall from attack. But there are ways to make it all work, and hopefully we'll see some of that today.

It will be interesting to see if we focus more on possession and build-up, especially early. I am hopeful the Siggy/Ayew/Narsingh front three will be an interchangeable, free-flowing unit that attempts to replicate the best stuff Liverpools' trident pulls off.

It could turn out very poorly if Boro get an early goal and the pressure intensifies but I am optimistic about our chances. Anything less than a win is a major disappointment and threat to our survival, however.
The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 13:15 - Apr 2 with 1916 viewsJethroJack

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 12:31 - Apr 2 by AngelRangelQS

That's the spirit....FFS 😊
4-1 Siggy, Fer & Ayew brace.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2017 13:15]
The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 13:19 - Apr 2 with 1875 viewsLoyal

Ayew can become a hero today, Emnes stylie.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 13:21 - Apr 2 with 1855 viewsNirvana

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 13:19 - Apr 2 by Loyal

Haha True Dat
The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 13:25 - Apr 2 with 1817 viewsSmellyplumz

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 13:19 - Apr 2 by Loyal

He can also become an escaped goat today... Just saying like.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 13:31 - Apr 2 with 1776 viewsNirvana

The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 13:25 - Apr 2 by Smellyplumz

He can also become an escaped goat today... Just saying like.

Haha True Dat
The Official Swansea City Versus Middlesbrough Premier League Match Day Thread on 13:44 - Apr 2 with 1684 viewsdailew

Who said Alfie wouldn't replace Ash !!

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024