Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer transfers 13:54 - Jun 1 with 3967 viewsParsSwans

The merry go round begins Stoke signing Darren Fletcher from WBA
Summer transfers on 14:02 - Jun 1 with 2728 viewsTheFranchise

Strange move for WBA, he's been one of their best players.
Summer transfers on 14:37 - Jun 1 with 2628 viewsjasper_T

Summer transfers on 14:02 - Jun 1 by TheFranchise

Strange move for WBA, he's been one of their best players.

He's old and on high wages. Seems sensible to take advantage of any interest.
Summer transfers on 16:14 - Jun 1 with 2471 viewsshandyjack

He was out of contract so nothing WBA could do if Stoke offered silly wages

Poll: Expectation for the season

Summer transfers on 16:18 - Jun 1 with 2454 viewsLeonWasGod

Hopefully we won't join the queue for over-priced, over-rated Brits, but then I suppose we've got to keep an eye on the homegrown quota. Anyone know how close we are to it?
Summer transfers on 16:23 - Jun 1 with 2444 viewsPegojack

That is a strange move. I've never rated Fletcher as anything more than a journeyman pro, and he's now coming to the end of his career. I bet Stoke fans are jumping for joy - not.
Summer transfers on 16:51 - Jun 1 with 2361 viewsBanosswan

Summer transfers on 16:23 - Jun 1 by Pegojack

That is a strange move. I've never rated Fletcher as anything more than a journeyman pro, and he's now coming to the end of his career. I bet Stoke fans are jumping for joy - not.

Journeyman is a bit unfair, he was a good squad player at man utd for a long time.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Summer transfers on 16:59 - Jun 1 with 2333 viewsbuilthjack

If that's the calibre of signings they are making, whoopy doo

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Summer transfers on 18:26 - Jun 1 with 2192 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Summer transfers on 16:23 - Jun 1 by Pegojack

Journeyman?

Four Premier League titles, an F.A. Cup, two League Cups, a Champions League winners medal and a Club World Cup.

Then onto West Brom where he has been one of their best players since his arrival, winning their player of the year award in 2016.

This, along with the Rooney overrated comments reaffirms my suspicion that many of our fans are incredibly jealous of the success achieved by Manchester United and any of their former/current players. Do any other clubs have fans as bitter as ours?
[Post edited 1 Jun 2017 18:37]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Summer transfers on 18:58 - Jun 1 with 2126 viewsJango

Fletchers had a great career and he's had a horrible illness to deal with. Very good player
Summer transfers on 19:15 - Jun 1 with 2093 viewsmax936

Summer transfers on 18:26 - Jun 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Journeyman?

Four Premier League titles, an F.A. Cup, two League Cups, a Champions League winners medal and a Club World Cup.

Then onto West Brom where he has been one of their best players since his arrival, winning their player of the year award in 2016.

This, along with the Rooney overrated comments reaffirms my suspicion that many of our fans are incredibly jealous of the success achieved by Manchester United and any of their former/current players. Do any other clubs have fans as bitter as ours?

Well Fletcher is getting older now, would you be saying the same he hadn't played for your beloved other team Utd?
I've no opinion to offer on his impending transfer myself, in fact I couldn't give monkeys chuff

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Summer transfers on 19:19 - Jun 1 with 2071 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Summer transfers on 19:15 - Jun 1 by max936

Well Fletcher is getting older now, would you be saying the same he hadn't played for your beloved other team Utd?
I've no opinion to offer on his impending transfer myself, in fact I couldn't give monkeys chuff

Yeah I would disagree with calling any footballer who has played professionally for just two clubs over a 14 year career a 'journeyman'.

Summer transfers on 19:26 - Jun 1 with 2059 viewsKingBony

Summer transfers on 18:58 - Jun 1 by Jango

Fletchers had a great career and he's had a horrible illness to deal with. Very good player

Shame he's a bit of a tw@t really, whinge whinge in the refs ear all game spoilt little bumder.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Summer transfers on 19:50 - Jun 1 with 2007 viewsABERSWAN

Not a bad bit of buisness from Stoke,Charlie Adam is out of contract,so they get rid of the fat dirty scot and replace him with a not bad player in Fletcher.
Summer transfers on 21:12 - Jun 1 with 1873 viewsjasper_T

Summer transfers on 16:18 - Jun 1 by LeonWasGod

Hopefully we won't join the queue for over-priced, over-rated Brits, but then I suppose we've got to keep an eye on the homegrown quota. Anyone know how close we are to it?

We've never come close to using our full player allowance during any six-month registration period so until we become a regular competitor in European competitions the quota remains functionally irrelevant.
Summer transfers on 21:20 - Jun 1 with 1850 viewsspiderboy

Summer transfers on 19:50 - Jun 1 by ABERSWAN

Not a bad bit of buisness from Stoke,Charlie Adam is out of contract,so they get rid of the fat dirty scot and replace him with a not bad player in Fletcher.

I would have welcomed Fletcher to the liberty with open arms..
Excellent player and attributes,could go on to make a very good coach..in my so very humble opinion.
Summer transfers on 21:32 - Jun 1 with 1812 viewsItchySphincter

Summer transfers on 18:26 - Jun 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Journeyman?

Hereford is jealous of famous golfers too.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Summer transfers on 21:34 - Jun 1 with 1803 viewsOldjack

If he's not good enough for WB, why us ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Summer transfers on 21:36 - Jun 1 with 1795 viewsItchySphincter

Summer transfers on 21:34 - Jun 1 by Oldjack

Plus we already have Ki, why would wee need another midfielder who sh!ts his pants.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Summer transfers on 21:42 - Jun 1 with 1777 viewsspiderboy

Summer transfers on 21:34 - Jun 1 by Oldjack

Because we,r not quite where wba are yet?
They dived in the 2nd half of the season but were in the top half by a clear mile up till feb.
Fletcher would be a magnificent signing on a 1 year deal...Covers all areas of midfield more than adequately,thankyou..
Summer transfers on 21:49 - Jun 1 with 1753 viewsOldjack

Summer transfers on 21:42 - Jun 1 by spiderboy

Because we,r not quite where wba are yet?
They dived in the 2nd half of the season but were in the top half by a clear mile up till feb.
Fletcher would be a magnificent signing on a 1 year deal...Covers all areas of midfield more than adequately,thankyou..

I beg to differ ,he's obviously on his last knockings , more of a handicap now ,we should be looking for younger better model ,not a has-been

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Summer transfers on 21:53 - Jun 1 with 1737 viewsspiderboy

Summer transfers on 21:49 - Jun 1 by Oldjack

I beg to differ ,he's obviously on his last knockings , more of a handicap now ,we should be looking for younger better model ,not a has-been

Your entitled,my friend
Summer transfers on 21:58 - Jun 1 with 1718 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Summer transfers on 21:49 - Jun 1 by Oldjack

I am not advocating we sign him as I would hope we would first pursue better players, however saying he is on his last knocking? He has only failed to start one game for West Brom since he transferred there and has consecutively started their last 80+ league games.

Summer transfers on 22:02 - Jun 1 with 1700 viewsOldjack

Summer transfers on 21:58 - Jun 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I am not advocating we sign him as I would hope we would first pursue better players, however saying he is on his last knocking? He has only failed to start one game for West Brom since he transferred there and has consecutively started their last 80+ league games.

so why get rid?

Summer transfers on 22:06 - Jun 1 with 1683 viewsmax936

Summer transfers on 19:19 - Jun 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Yeah I would disagree with calling any footballer who has played professionally for just two clubs over a 14 year career a 'journeyman'.

Fair enough , not that I believe he's a Journey man or that Rooney is overrated, but I know how much you think of those Red Manc's.

I can see him playing behind Joey, but where that leaves Whelan who's a good player in his own right along with Geoff Cameron I don't know, wouldn't mind either of those two down here.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Summer transfers on 22:07 - Jun 1 with 1677 viewsmagicdaps10

Summer transfers on 22:02 - Jun 1 by Oldjack

so why get rid?

They didnt, he is out of contract.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024