Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elephant in the room ....... 00:44 - Aug 10 with 6188 viewsSwanjaxs

Do we include a player in the squad for Southampton that has treated our proud club with contempt? a player who has refused to take part in the majority of our pre-season preparations with his teammates? a player who has been agitating for a move away for the best part of six weeks? a player who will not give 100% to our cause this weekend? In my opinion it would be madness to let Gylfi Sigurdsson anywhere near our first team squad 👍
[Post edited 10 Aug 2017 3:05]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Elephant in the room ....... on 14:17 - Aug 10 with 1092 viewsAngelRangelQS

Elephant in the room ....... on 13:58 - Aug 10 by raynor94

So why do you honestly think he's not playing? it's now a month since the Barnet game, did Gylfi deny the two quotes put out by the Club? the multi millionaire could put in a transfer request, I wonder why he won't do that, I can't wait for the truth about this saga to come out

Maybe because the club actually want to sell at £50m and think they'll get close to it? It would give us a good opportunity to improve the squad, he goes onto better things, everyone's a winner. It's just taking it's sweet time, thats all.

I don't understand all the bile towards Sigurdsson to be honest. If the club were worried about starting the season without him or not having time to sign new players, he'd have been playing.
Elephant in the room ....... on 14:22 - Aug 10 with 1083 viewsunion_jack

Elephant in the room ....... on 14:14 - Aug 10 by Swanjaxs

So Paul Clement has confirmed Sigurdsson will not be involved at Southampton.... a clear indication that his time is up at SA1 unless Sigurdsson has a change of heart

Or our or Everton's board have a change in approach I.e. Compromise.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Elephant in the room ....... on 14:23 - Aug 10 with 1078 viewsshenleymun

All we actually know is that he said he would like to speak to Everton and therefore not go on the US tour.

Personally, if someone offered me a job in Liverpool I would prefer to look round the office and speak to the boss before taking the job as well.

Apart from that, he's being pilloried by drama queens for not saying he wants to play for us, not being included by Clement in the squad etc - not for anything he has actually said or done himself.

If your kids don't get invited to a party, it's not actually always their fault and you shouldn't shout at them about it. But most of you aren't old enough to have kids anyway i suppose.
Elephant in the room ....... on 14:27 - Aug 10 with 1064 viewsjack247

A lot of people on this thread remind me of 12 year olds desperately trying to convince themselves Santa exists.

Everton are a bigger, more prestigious club than us, they pay higher wages. He wants to go. I don't blame him to be honest.
Elephant in the room ....... on 14:28 - Aug 10 with 1062 viewsSwanjaxs

Elephant in the room ....... on 14:22 - Aug 10 by union_jack

Or our or Everton's board have a change in approach I.e. Compromise.

Indeed

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Elephant in the room ....... on 14:30 - Aug 10 with 1056 viewsSwanjaxs

Elephant in the room ....... on 14:27 - Aug 10 by jack247

A lot of people on this thread remind me of 12 year olds desperately trying to convince themselves Santa exists.

Everton are a bigger, more prestigious club than us, they pay higher wages. He wants to go. I don't blame him to be honest.

Nobody is saying any different!

Elephant in the room ....... on 14:43 - Aug 10 with 1034 viewsJonTheJack

So why do you honestly think he's not playing? it's now a month since the Barnet game, did Gylfi deny the two quotes put out by the Club? the multi millionaire could put in a transfer request, I wonder why he won't do that, I can't wait for the truth about this saga to come out

So you haven't? That's that settled, then.

Like I said, we have absolutely no idea what is going on behind those doors until it all comes out. It's possible that Gylfi has said he wants to go, and it's also possible that our owners are actively trying to sell him to get maximum value while he his hot. They could easily have told him to stay home, and are not having him play games so he doesn't get injured.

Stop making crap up.
Elephant in the room ....... on 14:48 - Aug 10 with 1024 viewsjack247

Elephant in the room ....... on 14:30 - Aug 10 by Swanjaxs

Nobody is saying any different!

There are people asking for direct quotes from Gylfi. I'm pretty bloody sure there would be one if the club statement about asking to miss the pre-season tour because he wasn't in the right frame of mind wasn't true.
Login to get fewer ads

Elephant in the room ....... on 14:59 - Aug 10 with 1005 viewsraynor94

Elephant in the room ....... on 14:43 - Aug 10 by JonTheJack

So you haven't? That's that settled, then.

Like I said, we have absolutely no idea what is going on behind those doors until it all comes out. It's possible that Gylfi has said he wants to go, and it's also possible that our owners are actively trying to sell him to get maximum value while he his hot. They could easily have told him to stay home, and are not having him play games so he doesn't get injured.

Stop making crap up.

Possible he wants to go? Possible the owners want maximum value? And in other news night follows day.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Elephant in the room ....... on 15:20 - Aug 10 with 984 viewsMo_Wives

Thought this was a Mark Gower thread.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Elephant in the room ....... on 15:21 - Aug 10 with 984 viewsFlashberryjack

" I can't wait for the truth about this saga to come out"

Neither can I, Then one of us is going to have an awful lot of egg to wipe off their faces.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Elephant in the room ....... on 15:26 - Aug 10 with 973 viewsraynor94

Elephant in the room ....... on 15:21 - Aug 10 by Flashberryjack

" I can't wait for the truth about this saga to come out"

Neither can I, Then one of us is going to have an awful lot of egg to wipe off their faces.

The only thing I'm convinced about is that Gylfi wants out, and yet he won't put a transfer request in. If it turns out we are forcing him out, yes I'll have egg on my face and totally misjudged him

Elephant in the room ....... on 15:44 - Aug 10 with 954 viewsFlashberryjack

Elephant in the room ....... on 15:26 - Aug 10 by raynor94

The only thing I'm convinced about is that Gylfi wants out, and yet he won't put a transfer request in. If it turns out we are forcing him out, yes I'll have egg on my face and totally misjudged him

Of course we want him out..... for over £40 million reasons.

Look! Everton want to buy him, We want to sell him, it's just a matter of how much we'll except.

Just why Siggy should put in a transfer request, is beyond me, unless he really want's to go that badly, then he probably would put a transfer request in.

And also just because a player puts a transfer request in, doesn't mean we have to sell, Everton could actually drop the price then.

Hello

Elephant in the room ....... on 16:11 - Aug 10 with 924 viewsraynor94

Elephant in the room ....... on 15:44 - Aug 10 by Flashberryjack

Of course we want him out..... for over £40 million reasons.

Look! Everton want to buy him, We want to sell him, it's just a matter of how much we'll except.

Just why Siggy should put in a transfer request, is beyond me, unless he really want's to go that badly, then he probably would put a transfer request in.

And also just because a player puts a transfer request in, doesn't mean we have to sell, Everton could actually drop the price then.

Well if it was true that we turned down £40million plus 5 million in add ons three weeks ago, in my opinion that was madness, all this sorry saga has done is put a big dent in our pre season

Elephant in the room ....... on 16:12 - Aug 10 with 924 viewsswan65split

TBH cant see a deal dragging on like this for a sake of a couple of mill, its my bet whats holding it up is Siggys money....................time to go, your going from Angel to Devil.
Elephant in the room ....... on 16:36 - Aug 10 with 901 viewsFlashberryjack

Elephant in the room ....... on 16:11 - Aug 10 by raynor94

Well if it was true that we turned down £40million plus 5 million in add ons three weeks ago, in my opinion that was madness, all this sorry saga has done is put a big dent in our pre season

Was the £40 million up front ? I ask because I don't actually know, and if I'm honest I don't think you know either.
But I would have thought that if it was £40 million up front, the deal would have been done and dusted by now, regardless of the £45 million we're reportedly asking for him.

I just don't see why we need to slaughter Siggy, when we obviously don't know all the facts surrounding these transfer negotiations, remember, opinions a very different things to facts.

Hello

Elephant in the room ....... on 19:17 - Aug 10 with 842 viewsjack2jack

Wonder if he's packed his trunk yet!
Elephant in the room ....... on 20:39 - Aug 10 with 801 viewsSgorioFruit

If siggy is fit then play him.
I want points on that board.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Elephant in the room ....... on 20:57 - Aug 10 with 781 viewsjack247

Elephant in the room ....... on 20:39 - Aug 10 by SgorioFruit

If siggy is fit then play him.
I want points on that board.

He's not fit. Not match fit anyway.
Elephant in the room ....... on 22:55 - Aug 10 with 753 viewsLoyal

There may be many folk in the room, but Gylfi won't be there.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Elephant in the room ....... on 22:59 - Aug 10 with 752 viewsr0ckin

He has not treated us with contempt at all, spare me the sentimental nonsense.

He's a pawn in the middle, once there is a definitive outcome either way he'll be either welcomed back or praised for his services and our lovely payday.

When are people going to realise football is a business.

Peace

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024