Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer 02:03 - Aug 16 with 7527 viewsLoyal

I've had more than a few conversations with people who know a few things about high end transfers, especially in the premier league.

In relation to Gylfi here's a summary -

A

1. The fee has always been agreed. It's 45M. The 50M is answered below.
2. Gylfi always wanted to leave and increase his salary massively.
3. The medical, regardless of what happens in a minor medical today has been completed maybe two weeks ago.

The real issue.

B

1. Was never the transfer fee, it was always how it would be paid.
2. Everton wanted to pay 25m with add ons based on appearances, goals and success of the team.
3. Swansea wanted 33m with a contractual buy out ( Gylfi is paid nothing by the swans ) then a further 12 million in 3 payments ending in May 2018. Today's loan news with Barclays is a clue.
4. Any bonus, signing on fee and agents fee is paid on top of the agreed transfer fee, believed to be 5M give or take.

So B has always been the problem.
The negotiations were never about the amount, it was always about how it is split.

Point 1 has been resolved.
Point 2 is removed.
Point 3 is agreed.
Point 4 is paid on agreement post transfer by Everton.

Swansea get 45 million in total with no other outlay. Swans pay Gylfi and his agent nothing as do Everton. The exception being Everton resolve agents fees and signing on fees with the player and his agent.

Swansea bank 33M up front and the excess being 12M is spent on a player in the next ten days. 12M may well be the loan secured from Barclays.

That I am told is the deal Huw wanted, and may well be the deal he got.

[Post edited 16 Aug 2017 2:07]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 02:17 - Aug 16 with 5756 viewsEasternJack

Seems plausible- and an outstanding deal if true. Even on a cash deal I would've expected a greater share tonne spread over the initial term of Siggy' new contract (3 years?). Everton have some book balancing to do - assuming they don't shift Barkley this window.

Did your contact mention anything about the spurs sell on?

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 02:23 - Aug 16 with 5746 viewsLoyal

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 02:17 - Aug 16 by EasternJack

Seems plausible- and an outstanding deal if true. Even on a cash deal I would've expected a greater share tonne spread over the initial term of Siggy' new contract (3 years?). Everton have some book balancing to do - assuming they don't shift Barkley this window.

Did your contact mention anything about the spurs sell on?

Probably agreed to pay them via Pay Plan over ten years 👍

I would say that's something we have to bite ourselves. However, one chap I know doubts any sell on fee hence the Vorm shenanigans. Regards that I'm not aware of the details, but who knows with the bloke at Spurs and Huw involved.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 02:30 - Aug 16 with 5738 viewsTheKirkyLife

Fascinating and brilliant post to read. Thank you very much, Loyal.

Now we see what improvements we can make in the coming days. I'm hearing Bony a definite with the wages freed up. Chadli a very likely deal. Possibly a new boy coming to the Premier League as well.
Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 05:46 - Aug 16 with 5644 viewsSPboy

Staggering to think our board has taken so long to resolve these issues when they could have been sorted out in a few hours across a table or on a conference call.

Someone needs to be asked was all this really worth it to risk our season ?

Seeing as you seem to be so ITK - please confirm that we aren't planning to waste all the income on Chadli & Bony
Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 06:25 - Aug 16 with 5543 viewsDr_Winston

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 05:46 - Aug 16 by SPboy

Staggering to think our board has taken so long to resolve these issues when they could have been sorted out in a few hours across a table or on a conference call.

Seeing as you seem to be so ITK - please confirm that we aren't planning to waste all the income on Chadli & Bony

There are actually two boards involved in this mind. One of which would prefer to pay as little as possible.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 06:25 - Aug 16 with 5542 viewsTummer_from_Texas

If everything in the OP is accurate, it's not staggering at all. Rather, much more understandable, as is the loan we've taken out. Big difference between Everton's proposed terms and ours.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 06:38 - Aug 16 with 5500 viewsSPboy

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 06:25 - Aug 16 by Dr_Winston

There are actually two boards involved in this mind. One of which would prefer to pay as little as possible.

Well yes, obviously. I'm not saying this is not complicated but this has been going on for over a month. It could and should have been done at least a couple of weeks ago.
Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 06:43 - Aug 16 with 5484 viewsDr_Winston

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 06:38 - Aug 16 by SPboy

Well yes, obviously. I'm not saying this is not complicated but this has been going on for over a month. It could and should have been done at least a couple of weeks ago.

That's what you did say though. That it could all be sorted out in a couple of hours.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 06:55 - Aug 16 with 5441 viewsSPboy

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 06:25 - Aug 16 by Tummer_from_Texas

If everything in the OP is accurate, it's not staggering at all. Rather, much more understandable, as is the loan we've taken out. Big difference between Everton's proposed terms and ours.

No it's not more understandable. Depends what business you are working in. In the football business at this time of the season it is too long. Taking over a month to haggle terms is too long even for a club of our size. We were always going to be the ones to suffer most from the delays in getting this over the line. The club should have taken control & set a deadline. Those $$$$$$$$ signs in the owners eyes as usual means that they have taken their eyes off the ball .. again. Look at our squad, it's painfully inadequate now.

And now we will suffer, everyone knows the club has cash in hand and that's why average players like Chadli are being touted for £25m, twice what he was worth 12 months ago despite a pretty average season at WBA
Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 07:20 - Aug 16 with 5323 viewsEasternJack

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 06:55 - Aug 16 by SPboy

No it's not more understandable. Depends what business you are working in. In the football business at this time of the season it is too long. Taking over a month to haggle terms is too long even for a club of our size. We were always going to be the ones to suffer most from the delays in getting this over the line. The club should have taken control & set a deadline. Those $$$$$$$$ signs in the owners eyes as usual means that they have taken their eyes off the ball .. again. Look at our squad, it's painfully inadequate now.

And now we will suffer, everyone knows the club has cash in hand and that's why average players like Chadli are being touted for £25m, twice what he was worth 12 months ago despite a pretty average season at WBA

Here's another way at looking at it:

We received a bid of £40M from Everton around the 13th of July. Just over a month ago. Big assumption here, but if that didn't have add-one, then we've spent the last 5 weeks negotiating for that extra £5M

Considering that Everton were back on the 24th with that verbal cash offer of £45 that they backed down from. And assuming that Loyals numbers are right, then HJ has basically told Everton to meet the £45M cash number or do one. I've got some respect for that considering past deals.

Question is - was that extra £5M (and improved reputation building) worth waiting 5 weeks for? . I guess our upcoming deals and immediate results will answer that

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 07:32 - Aug 16 with 5245 viewsThornburyswan

Interesting & if accurate a decent job done by HJ & the yanks - despite the usual rhetoric on here - if the detail is correct I'd expect to see Bony here shortly & that should allow a further £20M - £30M (depending of how brave our board are) in the pot for the next 10 days.

No issue for me with Bony returning but don't see us playing Tammy, Bony & Llorente so leaves us top heavy up front & very light on creativity in midfield/wide.
Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 07:52 - Aug 16 with 5097 viewsWarwickHunt

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 07:32 - Aug 16 by Thornburyswan

Interesting & if accurate a decent job done by HJ & the yanks - despite the usual rhetoric on here - if the detail is correct I'd expect to see Bony here shortly & that should allow a further £20M - £30M (depending of how brave our board are) in the pot for the next 10 days.

No issue for me with Bony returning but don't see us playing Tammy, Bony & Llorente so leaves us top heavy up front & very light on creativity in midfield/wide.

Conte still wants Llorente and a few other players with little or no resale value. Chelsea's board are resisting.

Might have a cheeky few quid on Conte being the first PL manager to walk...
Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 08:02 - Aug 16 with 5013 views34dfgdf54

The £12mill being for Bony I assume, Phil Cadden reported yesterday that it is nearly done, not sure how reliable he normally is.

Bit nervous about this one, three seasons without hardly playing. There surely must be others incomimg
Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 08:17 - Aug 16 with 4926 viewsWarwickHunt

It looks increasingly like we are...

Bony - ex-player
Chadli - turned us down a few years ago
Allen - ex-player

WTF does our "scouting team" do all fûcking day?
Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 08:27 - Aug 16 with 4873 viewsEasternJack

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 08:17 - Aug 16 by WarwickHunt

Bony - ex-player
Allen - ex-player

Play FIFA 2013

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 08:51 - Aug 16 with 4759 viewsPegojack

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 08:17 - Aug 16 by WarwickHunt

Bony - ex-player
Allen - ex-player

I think I'll have a few quid now on signing Barrow next season for £5 million.
Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 08:54 - Aug 16 with 4747 viewsWarwickHunt

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 08:51 - Aug 16 by Pegojack

I think I'll have a few quid now on signing Barrow next season for £5 million.

Lump on now - If he scores against us in a cup game the odds will plummet.
Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 09:07 - Aug 16 with 4667 viewsnantywatcher

Always enjoy your posts Loyal, but there's not five weeks of negotiation in your scenario.
Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 10:03 - Aug 16 with 4474 viewsportsidejack

If they bring bonny back, Hew needs to get the next taxi out of our club.
His words were we would only sell the club to someone who can take us to next level, so Hew your time has long past just f--k off out of our club you have filled your pockets for long enough now.
Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 11:27 - Aug 16 with 4313 viewsjackforever

Thank you loyal for a sensible, educated post. I have had to leave numerous swans Facebook groups due to the fecking stupidity and sheer ignorance of so many so called swans fans. There can't be another club with so many thick fans.
They all see themselves as agents/scouts/chairman and owner but the thick Kent's don't even have a basic grip of the English language let alone negotiating a highly complex 50million pound business transaction.
Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 11:27 - Aug 16 with 4308 viewsLoyal

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 09:07 - Aug 16 by nantywatcher

Always enjoy your posts Loyal, but there's not five weeks of negotiation in your scenario.

I'm not staying this is completely accurate. I just felt it would make a good debate and help us all understand it more. There will of course be other matters at hand, however have you ever met Huw Jenkins and tried to tie him down to a deal. He takes things very personally, this timeframe is nothing compared to some of our dealings. 👍😂

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 11:41 - Aug 16 with 4229 viewslondonlisa2001

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 11:27 - Aug 16 by Loyal

I'm not staying this is completely accurate. I just felt it would make a good debate and help us all understand it more. There will of course be other matters at hand, however have you ever met Huw Jenkins and tried to tie him down to a deal. He takes things very personally, this timeframe is nothing compared to some of our dealings. 👍😂

There isn't a £12m Barclays loan though.

The documents posted on here yesterday are the usual arrangement of a drawdown facility secured against premier league central funds. We do it every season. Last year's central funds were about £80m odd plus the guaranteed portion of the televised games (10 games are guaranteed from memory). It's only the merit payments that aren't guaranteed I think (and TV games in excess of 10).
Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 12:06 - Aug 16 with 4094 viewsLoyal

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 11:41 - Aug 16 by londonlisa2001

There isn't a £12m Barclays loan though.

The documents posted on here yesterday are the usual arrangement of a drawdown facility secured against premier league central funds. We do it every season. Last year's central funds were about £80m odd plus the guaranteed portion of the televised games (10 games are guaranteed from memory). It's only the merit payments that aren't guaranteed I think (and TV games in excess of 10).

That part was my assumption and that of one other. The semantics of it I have no idea, the transfer was the point of the post and the way it more than likely played out. People can choose to take it or leave it, but I think it explains the less than expeditious way it all went.

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 12:11 - Aug 16 with 4066 viewslondonlisa2001

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 12:06 - Aug 16 by Loyal

That part was my assumption and that of one other. The semantics of it I have no idea, the transfer was the point of the post and the way it more than likely played out. People can choose to take it or leave it, but I think it explains the less than expeditious way it all went.

Ah.

Well no idea if the rest is right or not - it's not consistent with Chris Wathan's info, but who knows.

Anyway - we haven't taken out a loan, any loan, in the traditional sense of what people mean by that. It's a drawdown by the looks of the documents, same as we've done every season for a while.

If, by the way, there is a deferred element to the transfer fee, it's far more likely that we would then sell that separately as we did with the Ayew deferred sums in January of last season, as it wouldn't make sense to fund that through the central facility.
Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 12:12 - Aug 16 with 4062 viewsoldcob

Brilliant post Loyal. Amongst the best I've ever read on here. Ever.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024