Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Naughton 19:14 - Aug 26 with 8057 viewsEU5Makaveli

I thought Kyle had a great game today, highlighted by the press and tackle for the second goal.
He's normally the whipping boy, so hopefully talk of genuine competition for his spot arriving (Arias) will be a blessing for us
Kyle Naughton on 20:00 - Aug 26 with 7088 viewsDr_Winston

Been good in many games since Clement took over.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Kyle Naughton on 20:09 - Aug 26 with 7044 viewsmike1

Kyle Naughton on 20:00 - Aug 26 by Dr_Winston

Been good in many games since Clement took over.

It's just confidence he needs.
Kyle Naughton on 20:11 - Aug 26 with 7030 viewsScfc2017

He's an important player these days.
Kyle Naughton on 20:12 - Aug 26 with 7020 viewsjacabertawe

I agree.
A good manager will always get the best out of a player.
Next to improve?

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Kyle Naughton on 20:36 - Aug 26 with 6952 viewsTheKirkyLife

Was his best game in a while, really staked his claim in the face of Arias signing.
Kyle Naughton on 20:54 - Aug 26 with 6892 viewsGeoffThom

Looks a lot happier with his game, doing okay far
Kyle Naughton on 21:00 - Aug 26 with 6862 viewsnantywatcher

If the crowd continue to get behind him, and support him even, then anything is possible.
Kyle Naughton on 21:09 - Aug 26 with 6813 viewsEasternJack

He was brilliant today (forgiving his couple of "wayward" clearances). The wing back role suits him.

I've been one of his biggest critics - and I still think his positional play is iffy - but he's deserves his starting place these days

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Naughton on 21:13 - Aug 26 with 6803 viewsShonky

A throng of morons are unavailable for comment.....

Its just a ride...

Kyle Naughton on 21:26 - Aug 26 with 6736 viewsjasper_T

Some real dodgy defensive headers and one really good through pass.
Kyle Naughton on 21:31 - Aug 26 with 6719 viewsicecoldjack

Naughton is doing well, hedeserves some credit, still has iffy moments but no where near as many as Mawson who IMO has been a liability in every game this season, that bloke needs to knuckle down sharpish and get back to his A game, hopefully its not "difficult 2nd album" syndrome for Alfi and he gets back up to speed pronto.

No doubt this system suits Naughton who looks far more comfortable and uses the ball much more effectively, not bad at all, great assist today so good luck to him and i hope the fans get right behind him, he's a classic confidence player IMO.
Kyle Naughton on 21:34 - Aug 26 with 6714 viewsTrundle10

Kyle Naughton on 21:31 - Aug 26 by icecoldjack

Naughton is doing well, hedeserves some credit, still has iffy moments but no where near as many as Mawson who IMO has been a liability in every game this season, that bloke needs to knuckle down sharpish and get back to his A game, hopefully its not "difficult 2nd album" syndrome for Alfi and he gets back up to speed pronto.

No doubt this system suits Naughton who looks far more comfortable and uses the ball much more effectively, not bad at all, great assist today so good luck to him and i hope the fans get right behind him, he's a classic confidence player IMO.

"Nowhere near premiership standard" if you listen to some on here.
Kyle Naughton on 21:41 - Aug 26 with 6684 viewsicecoldjack

Kyle Naughton on 21:34 - Aug 26 by Trundle10

"Nowhere near premiership standard" if you listen to some on here.

Thankfully i don't !!

Not saying he is world beater but he has never really been as awful as some think, he suffers from the classic swans syndrome of having the bad luck in replacing a hero, other sufferers including Kyle..

Naughton - hated because he replaced Rangel.
Canas - hated because he played games instead of Leon.
Scotland- hated because he just wasn't Lee Trundle.
Gomis - hated because he wasn't Bony.
Bony(if he signs) will be hated because he isn't Llorente !!

I know it's a generalization but you get the idea, sometimes these players need a bit more backing than they get, not saying they are better than some of our past and current hero's but thats not their fault .
Kyle Naughton on 21:45 - Aug 26 with 6668 viewsPozuelosSideys

Kyle Naughton on 21:26 - Aug 26 by jasper_T

Some real dodgy defensive headers and one really good through pass.

Yep. Definitely a couple of brains farts. There were 2 sliced hoofs that went straight back into the air and into the 6 yard box from the right back position too. Got very lucky

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Kyle Naughton on 00:49 - Aug 27 with 6486 viewsTheKirkyLife

Kyle Naughton on 21:41 - Aug 26 by icecoldjack

Thankfully i don't !!

Not saying he is world beater but he has never really been as awful as some think, he suffers from the classic swans syndrome of having the bad luck in replacing a hero, other sufferers including Kyle..

Naughton - hated because he replaced Rangel.
Canas - hated because he played games instead of Leon.
Scotland- hated because he just wasn't Lee Trundle.
Gomis - hated because he wasn't Bony.
Bony(if he signs) will be hated because he isn't Llorente !!

I know it's a generalization but you get the idea, sometimes these players need a bit more backing than they get, not saying they are better than some of our past and current hero's but thats not their fault .

Excellent post. Canas especially gets such bile, I thought he was pretty good.
Kyle Naughton on 01:30 - Aug 27 with 6448 viewswhiterock

I'd certainly wait until January to see if we need to strengthen in this area, for me Naughton is decent and Angel won't let us down if/when called upon
Kyle Naughton on 05:34 - Aug 27 with 6350 viewskyswans

I think we might be changing our tune if Zaha was involved yesterday.

But he wasn't, and Kyle had a stellar game, aside from one sketchy clearance. Deserved praise.
Kyle Naughton on 06:03 - Aug 27 with 6322 viewsLoyal

Kyle Naughton on 05:34 - Aug 27 by kyswans

I think we might be changing our tune if Zaha was involved yesterday.

But he wasn't, and Kyle had a stellar game, aside from one sketchy clearance. Deserved praise.

Zaha is overated, did nothing v Huddersfield.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Kyle Naughton on 10:52 - Aug 27 with 6081 viewsawayjack

Kyle Naughton on 01:30 - Aug 27 by whiterock

I'd certainly wait until January to see if we need to strengthen in this area, for me Naughton is decent and Angel won't let us down if/when called upon

Why wait until January? If either of Naughton or Olsson get injured or even get 3 match bans, who comes in to replace them? Rangel sadly no legs for PL. High risk strategy as is no cover at CB. VDH was good yesterday, albiet against a very poor CP. who covers any injury to Mawson or FF? We've got rid of 20 players this window - agree with all except for Kingsley - but it does means our squad cover is thin. If we sign Arias, Bony and a creative midfield, we may have enough cover if Clucas can step in at temp CB.
Kyle Naughton on 13:45 - Aug 27 with 5964 viewsSPboy

The new formation definitely suits Naughton as it does Fernandes. He still has a habit of pushing attackers to his inside instead of pushing them out. His performances under PC have been promising but his confidence can be quite fragile. I bet he is having nightmares already about playing Spurs at Wembley, though the 5 at the back will no doubt help him.

I know nothing about Arias but he needs to be an upgrade if possible. Rangel's lack of pace was visible even in the minutes that he was on the field yesterday
Kyle Naughton on 09:51 - Aug 28 with 5812 viewsswanatcarlisle

Kyle Naughton on 00:49 - Aug 27 by TheKirkyLife

Top post and fully agree...
Kyle Naughton on 10:32 - Aug 28 with 5756 viewsWarwickHunt

A much better wing-back than full-back.

OK squad player. Still need an upgrade.
Kyle Naughton on 12:13 - Aug 28 with 5661 viewsItchySphincter

Kyle Naughton on 00:49 - Aug 27 by TheKirkyLife

Canas was rubbish, one of those players like Josh Maceachran that had some of our fans creaming their knickers without even seeing them kick a ball.

Naughton is your typical Mr Average footballer who fits perfectly into our current cumbersome, non creative and non penetrative style of football.

Obviously capable of far more than he offers up 90% of the time and has a tendency to sh!t his pants every now and then.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Kyle Naughton on 20:53 - Aug 28 with 5499 viewsjasonbromham

Played well against Man United too! Clements coaching seems to be making making him a better player. Still think we need a right back at least as cover if not first choice. Rangel just hasn't got the pace anymore.
Kyle Naughton on 21:18 - Aug 28 with 5457 viewsCooperman

Kyle Naughton on 20:53 - Aug 28 by jasonbromham

Played well against Man United too! Clements coaching seems to be making making him a better player. Still think we need a right back at least as cover if not first choice. Rangel just hasn't got the pace anymore.

Rangel has never been blessed with pace and it's sharp footballing brain that has delivered success for him. He has retained that sense to this day but the Premier League is a fast game these days.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024