Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Window Summary 08:24 - Sep 1 with 3021 viewsSwissdale

With the window now shut we have a chance to sit back and assess our squad for the next few months at least.

For me the biggest damage was done right at the end of last season. Losing Lund and Mendez-Laing was massive and left us with a gaping hole in front of the already shaky back 4, and our quickest and most creative attacking player. Hopefully the signings of Done and (scouse) Williams will go a long way towards replacing these two.

Elsewhere, maintaining Rafferty, and signing Camps up to longer term contracts was great business by the club. Both consistent and effective players (if played in their correct positions).

Jury still very much out on other players, although I’m really unconvinced by Brown, William’s cameo last week was promising as he worked hard and wasn’t afraid to attack.

Losing Allen right at the end of the window for me is good business for all parties. Hopefully a good bit of cash for a player who, for me, wouldn’t be in the starting XI if all were fit and well.

Overall, losing quality players is inevitable, and I’m happy with the players we’ve recurieted (and most importantly happy that Keith will get the best out of them).

Strongest XI for me over the coming months would be..

Lillis
Rafferty Keane McGahey Bunney
Williams
Camps Rathbone
Henderson Davies Done
Transfer Window Summary on 08:33 - Sep 1 with 2998 viewsrochedale

My starting 11 would be similar, but hope the hype surrounding Donervan is equal to his ability so I would replace him with Keane and have Keane as DCM...

Lillis
Raff McGahey Daniels Bunney
Keane
Camps Rathbone
Hendo Davies Done

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Transfer Window Summary on 08:34 - Sep 1 with 2997 viewsKnowlesy

I do think we've done OK this window, considering the loss of Lund and Mendez. Once Williams (on the wing) is up to speed, I do think he'll be a good player for us but we need to be patient with him and not expect the world in 4 months. Innis obviously has quality too based on his past record but needs to get match fit after his layoff.

My preffered XI would be
Lillis
Rafferty Daniels McGahey Bunney
Camps Cannon Rathbone
Henderson Davies Done

Keane misses out because I have kittens every time he dives into a challenge and I think he just gives away too many fouls and makes us vulnerable with his lack of discipline. I think Kgosi will be good for us, seems to have had a mixed start but think he'll settle in but Bunney when on top form is an assist machine.

Innis and Williams will be good options for rotation. I still think the squad is really strong and as long as players are played in their correct positions, stay fit and Keith dispenses with the whole left footed CB shambles then we should do well. We always start badly.
Transfer Window Summary on 08:43 - Sep 1 with 2962 viewsNafelad

Transfer Window Summary on 08:34 - Sep 1 by Knowlesy

I do think we've done OK this window, considering the loss of Lund and Mendez. Once Williams (on the wing) is up to speed, I do think he'll be a good player for us but we need to be patient with him and not expect the world in 4 months. Innis obviously has quality too based on his past record but needs to get match fit after his layoff.

My preffered XI would be
Lillis
Camps Cannon Rathbone
Henderson Davies Done

Keane misses out because I have kittens every time he dives into a challenge and I think he just gives away too many fouls and makes us vulnerable with his lack of discipline. I think Kgosi will be good for us, seems to have had a mixed start but think he'll settle in but Bunney when on top form is an assist machine.

Innis and Williams will be good options for rotation. I still think the squad is really strong and as long as players are played in their correct positions, stay fit and Keith dispenses with the whole left footed CB shambles then we should do well. We always start badly.

Innis is Inman innit?

Topcat

Transfer Window Summary on 08:49 - Sep 1 with 2943 viewsTalkingSutty

Transfer Window Summary on 08:34 - Sep 1 by Knowlesy

My preffered XI would be
Lillis
Camps Cannon Rathbone
Henderson Davies Done

Excellent post, that would be my team, maybe play Keane away from home when required. There are loads of players around that team who are capable of also staking a permanent place and I expect that to happen. Some of the new signings will justify Hills recruitment once they settle down, I think the lad from Barrow will be one of those. Really happy with signing Donorvon at Centre Half, Jim as a back up is ok. Very soon I expect Done to start producing which in turn will spark Henderson. I think we have enough in the squad now to feel confident about picking results up and moving up the league, fingers crossed the injury/ illness crisis will ease.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 8:50]
Transfer Window Summary on 09:29 - Sep 1 with 2816 viewsrochdaleriddler

Transfer Window Summary on 08:49 - Sep 1 by TalkingSutty

Excellent post, that would be my team, maybe play Keane away from home when required. There are loads of players around that team who are capable of also staking a permanent place and I expect that to happen. Some of the new signings will justify Hills recruitment once they settle down, I think the lad from Barrow will be one of those. Really happy with signing Donorvon at Centre Half, Jim as a back up is ok. Very soon I expect Done to start producing which in turn will spark Henderson. I think we have enough in the squad now to feel confident about picking results up and moving up the league, fingers crossed the injury/ illness crisis will ease.

Yep

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Transfer Window Summary on 09:51 - Sep 1 with 2765 viewsdean7321

Transfer Window Summary on 09:29 - Sep 1 by rochdaleriddler

Yep

Lillis
Raff mcgahey Daniels bunney
Keane
Camps. Rathbone
Hendo. Davies. Done

Poll: best ever center back

Transfer Window Summary on 09:51 - Sep 1 with 2764 viewsfirgrovedale51

Transfer Window Summary on 08:49 - Sep 1 by TalkingSutty

Done needs to start producing very soon he has been poor so far this time round
Transfer Window Summary on 14:16 - Sep 1 with 2529 viewsShun

I think we've had a really good transfer window. When a player gets to the end of their contract without signing a new one, the assumption is they're leaving. This is why the departures of Lund and NML, while they made us weaker, were completely expected and so I wasn't hugely disappointed. In contrast, Rafferty staying was a huge surprise and an unexpected bonus.

Done's return is huge. While the rumour was around for a while, there were many who were adamant it was only a pipe dream.

I think this transfer window our business dealings have progressed and it shows a new sense of agression in our business. We've rejected bids for our players, brought back one of the best forwards we've ever had, signed a player for (allegedly) £100,000, and a lot of the players we brought on we've beaten very real competition from bigger and richer clubs to attain them. The healthy financial state we find ourselves in, probably paired with a genuine belief that we're not too far off reaching The Championship, has I think allowed us to be far more daring this season than I can ever remember us being.

All in all, it's been one of my favourite transfer windows ever.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Window Summary on 14:36 - Sep 1 with 2482 viewsD_Alien

Transfer Window Summary on 09:51 - Sep 1 by firgrovedale51

Done needs to start producing very soon he has been poor so far this time round

Certainly not seen the best of him yet, but he's the type of player who thrives when the rest of the team is clicking, adding that something extra that can turn games

He's come into a dressing room with players coming in and out, illness and other disruptions. Can't have made it any easier for our other newbies to settle, but at least in Done we know he can produce, and he will do

[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 14:39]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Transfer Window Summary on 19:56 - Sep 1 with 2217 viewsfirgrovedale51

Transfer Window Summary on 14:36 - Sep 1 by D_Alien

Certainly not seen the best of him yet, but he's the type of player who thrives when the rest of the team is clicking, adding that something extra that can turn games

He's come into a dressing room with players coming in and out, illness and other disruptions. Can't have made it any easier for our other newbies to settle, but at least in Done we know he can produce, and he will do

[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 14:39]

Agree with that last time we had him he played just behind the strikers touchline to touchline .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024