Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . 17:05 - Nov 25 with 8179 viewsSwans_16

Much better performance from the majority of the team today.

Should have won, Fer should have scored, Ref ripped us off for 95 minutes.

PC and the whole team will take a huge amount of confidence from that, even though it wasn’t a much needed win and 3 points - It feels like a win from events of late !

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 09:18 - Nov 26 with 1350 viewsmonmouth

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 07:54 - Nov 26 by jack247

Not at all.

If Bournemouth had battered us and we’d scraped a 0-0 by parking the bus, I’d have agreed with you. Not sure if you watched the game, but the improvement we showed was fairly evident. If we can keep playing like that, we will pick up points.

It does feel a bit like grasping at straws. We are still clueless over the halfway line. I am going to grasp at the straws though. What encouraged me more than anything was the heart shown. I thought last week that some were hiding and not trying. Yesterday I thought they cared, even down to Ki wanting a scrap.

Let’s see if we can carry that forward.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2017 9:36]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 09:30 - Nov 26 with 1327 viewstrampie

Awful result, no end product, no creativity against the 'smallest' team in the league, 4th Div outfit some would say.
Swans looking more and more like the worst team in the league, try and stay in touch until January and sign a replacement for Gylfi seems to be the only hope, no sign of a turn around yet particularly based on drawing 0-0 at home to Bournemouth and creating very little.
We have to hope but things are slipping away and I'm not a negative poster but at this point in time Swans have relegation written all over them unless the manager, team and those behind transfer dealing can pull something out of the bag.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 09:35 - Nov 26 with 1322 viewsTheResurrection

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 21:38 - Nov 25 by leobhoy

Despite what has been said in the past few weeks the current Swans squad is more than capable of getting us out of this ' hole' . Today no question was better . Would have loved three points but a point is not the end of the world . Be under no illusions Bournemouth were the wrong side of average today but bossed us first half . Second 45 Swans stronger. Clement is completely out of his depth and needs to be replaced immediately . He's been press ganged into selecting Mesa when he should have been in from the very start . Wilfred is the best back to goal frontman in the Prem. Get him fully fit with Abraham and there is a very real goal threat. Get a recognised experienced number 1 and Swans can comfortably avoid relegation and a dog fight in the closing weeks of the season

Whoa now that is basically just rubbish.

Please explain this " Be under no illusions Bournemouth were the wrong side of average today but bossed us first half "

Where does that even come from?? Bournemouth are a bloody good footballing side and after an iffy start are already into their stride. Yesterday was their 3rd clean sheet in a row, losing 1-0 to Chelsea the game before that. They play the game we would like, keep it down, zip it around and have talent up top.

This is the Premier League FFS, try to understand that every team we will play will be decent. There's just no need for unsubstantiated nonsense like that.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 09:39 - Nov 26 with 1315 viewsDewi1jack

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 09:18 - Nov 26 by monmouth

It does feel a bit like grasping at straws. We are still clueless over the halfway line. I am going to grasp at the straws though. What encouraged me more than anything was the heart shown. I thought last week that some were hiding and not trying. Yesterday I thought they cared, even down to Ki wanting a scrap.

This.
Lot more fight and spirit shown everywhere on the park yesterday.

C'mon ladies and gents.
Yesterday was a lot more encouraging and entertaining than the turgid sh1te we've been watching for the last few weeks.
Nearly every player made more effort and showed some fight.

Yes it's going to be a long, hard season. One that will stretch the patience of nearly every Swans fan either at the ground or watching on tv.
Yes we need to create more chances and have more shots on target- only need 1 to go in and keep a clean sheet though- more shots on target the more likely that's going to happen.

We've still watched us play far, far worse in the past.
The fluent, attacking football was stripped in the effort to make a quid here and there. It's gone at the mo, hopefully not for good.
But being negative all the time is just disheartening.
So take some hope from yesterdays game.

Oh
And Jenkins you b'stard get out of OUR Club

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 09:41 - Nov 26 with 1311 viewsTheResurrection

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 09:18 - Nov 26 by monmouth

Don't you think if Tammy had come on 10 minutes early we may have a lot more threat up top?

We need the right base and we can't afford to go too gung-ho, but if we can get Tammy, Ayew and Bony on the pitch at the same time and even Sanches if he can keep doing the simple things better, as he looked like he was yesterday then there's a lot of options and goals there.

Bony's performance yesterday was better than any one of Llorente's last season. I'm not talking about Llorente's goals, great, we needed them, but just his general outfield play.

That, THAT is what I've been banging on about for so long. Bony, and please God let him stay fit, will be exactly what we need. Genuinely world class at hold up and link play.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 09:50 - Nov 26 with 1284 viewstrampie

Just seen the odds on Swans getting relegated are, oh that's a play on words 'odds on', lol.
Thought I would check who the bookies think will finish last in the Premier League, oh dear, dear me, just as I thought.

Swans failing to beat B'mouth at home is nay on disastrous.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 09:52 - Nov 26 with 1280 viewsTheResurrection

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 09:30 - Nov 26 by trampie

Awful result, no end product, no creativity against the 'smallest' team in the league, 4th Div outfit some would say.
Swans looking more and more like the worst team in the league, try and stay in touch until January and sign a replacement for Gylfi seems to be the only hope, no sign of a turn around yet particularly based on drawing 0-0 at home to Bournemouth and creating very little.
We have to hope but things are slipping away and I'm not a negative poster but at this point in time Swans have relegation written all over them unless the manager, team and those behind transfer dealing can pull something out of the bag.

I wouldn't say you are a negative poster, clueless perhaps, but not negative.

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 09:54 - Nov 26 with 1277 viewsmonmouth

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 09:41 - Nov 26 by TheResurrection

Don't you think if Tammy had come on 10 minutes early we may have a lot more threat up top?

We need the right base and we can't afford to go too gung-ho, but if we can get Tammy, Ayew and Bony on the pitch at the same time and even Sanches if he can keep doing the simple things better, as he looked like he was yesterday then there's a lot of options and goals there.

Bony's performance yesterday was better than any one of Llorente's last season. I'm not talking about Llorente's goals, great, we needed them, but just his general outfield play.

That, THAT is what I've been banging on about for so long. Bony, and please God let him stay fit, will be exactly what we need. Genuinely world class at hold up and link play.

Yes, I’d presumed Tammy was not being risked. We should carry more threat if we play both. Not sure Clement will, mind. Maybe a goal or two will change everything. You could see them growing in confidence yesterday, and if Attwell hadn’t been an arse or Fer having a foot like a shovel, who knows what might have happened? Bony was immense. I’m still a bit disappointed we didn’t put them away. Which shows that it was a massive leap forward in itself. First time I’ve felt that we really should have won a game for a while.

Login to get fewer ads

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 09:57 - Nov 26 with 1271 viewsTheResurrection

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 09:39 - Nov 26 by Dewi1jack

This.
Lot more fight and spirit shown everywhere on the park yesterday.

C'mon ladies and gents.
Yesterday was a lot more encouraging and entertaining than the turgid sh1te we've been watching for the last few weeks.
Nearly every player made more effort and showed some fight.

Yes it's going to be a long, hard season. One that will stretch the patience of nearly every Swans fan either at the ground or watching on tv.
Yes we need to create more chances and have more shots on target- only need 1 to go in and keep a clean sheet though- more shots on target the more likely that's going to happen.

We've still watched us play far, far worse in the past.
The fluent, attacking football was stripped in the effort to make a quid here and there. It's gone at the mo, hopefully not for good.
But being negative all the time is just disheartening.
So take some hope from yesterdays game.

Oh
And Jenkins you b'stard get out of OUR Club

We've spent quite a bit of money, £20m net last January and we have money to spend again this January.

Hopefully that puts us in a stronger position than some around us.

Pick the right players, get them used to playing with each other and strengthen in January. It's all to play for.

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 10:00 - Nov 26 with 1262 viewsTheResurrection

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 09:54 - Nov 26 by monmouth

Yes, I’d presumed Tammy was not being risked. We should carry more threat if we play both. Not sure Clement will, mind. Maybe a goal or two will change everything. You could see them growing in confidence yesterday, and if Attwell hadn’t been an arse or Fer having a foot like a shovel, who knows what might have happened? Bony was immense. I’m still a bit disappointed we didn’t put them away. Which shows that it was a massive leap forward in itself. First time I’ve felt that we really should have won a game for a while.

Oh if we'd have just nicked one yesterday. Fer's chance was that perfect opportunity, it would have been deserved on the whole 90 minutes and would have given us all such a huge lift.

This is really something to build on though. Another chance for Clement.

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 10:11 - Nov 26 with 1233 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 09:57 - Nov 26 by TheResurrection

We've spent quite a bit of money, £20m net last January and we have money to spend again this January.

Hopefully that puts us in a stronger position than some around us.

Pick the right players, get them used to playing with each other and strengthen in January. It's all to play for.

You're expecting us to buy in January? Really??

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 10:12 - Nov 26 with 1229 viewstrampie

Don't like the bookies odds do you Res ?

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 10:30 - Nov 26 with 1195 viewsTheResurrection

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 10:11 - Nov 26 by Brynmill_Jack

You're expecting us to buy in January? Really??

Yes, 100%.

Are you not????

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 10:30 - Nov 26 with 1193 viewsTheResurrection

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 10:12 - Nov 26 by trampie

Don't like the bookies odds do you Res ?

What were they last season, Tramp?

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 10:35 - Nov 26 with 1188 viewsthornabyswan

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 10:30 - Nov 26 by TheResurrection

I don't think they were as short as they are now never have been.
I am not giving up yet though

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 10:42 - Nov 26 with 1176 viewsTheResurrection

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 10:35 - Nov 26 by thornabyswan

I don't think they were as short as they are now never have been.
I am not giving up yet though

We were marooned last season. 5 points from safety weren't we at one stage?

12 points at Christmas, they can't have been great.

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 11:14 - Nov 26 with 1138 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 10:30 - Nov 26 by TheResurrection

Yes, 100%.

Are you not????

If the "investors" can't seem to see that the right time to buy was the summer (which we've failed at season after season) why would they now? I'm wondering if there's any money left to spend after buying Bony and Clucas as well.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 11:22 - Nov 26 with 1122 viewsmonmouth

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 11:14 - Nov 26 by Brynmill_Jack

If the "investors" can't seem to see that the right time to buy was the summer (which we've failed at season after season) why would they now? I'm wondering if there's any money left to spend after buying Bony and Clucas as well.

I'd be more concerned about what we can buy and on what terms. No one decent will come near us without a whopping contract and no relegation clauses. this is what happened to Sunderland. We need to find some form before January for me, or we need to get lucky again as we did with Olson and Carroll last year. They performed way above everyone's expectations. let's hope the Yiadoms of this world can do the same.

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 11:46 - Nov 26 with 1101 viewstrampie

Swans chances of going down weren't as bad last season as this, Swans had a £45 million player, scoring, creating and covering more miles than any other player.

Change the manager and bring a few players in and Swans turned it around as expected, this time, a new manager is unlikely to turn it around as the players are not good enough, the only hope is to replace Gylfi with a goalscoring, attacking, creative midfielder preferably that can take a free kick.

The chances of Swansea staying up are odds against, because you don't understand odds I will spell it out for you :- there is more chance of Swansea going down than staying up, a lot more chance as well.

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 11:56 - Nov 26 with 1097 viewsMrSwerve

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 09:35 - Nov 26 by TheResurrection

Please explain this " Be under no illusions Bournemouth were the wrong side of average today but bossed us first half "

Where does that even come from?? Bournemouth are a bloody good footballing side and after an iffy start are already into their stride. Yesterday was their 3rd clean sheet in a row, losing 1-0 to Chelsea the game before that. They play the game we would like, keep it down, zip it around and have talent up top.

This is the Premier League FFS, try to understand that every team we will play will be decent. There's just no need for unsubstantiated nonsense like that.

I take your point that the PL is a difficult league, but we shouldn't be happy just to scrape by teams that really, we should be turning over (or at least beating) at home. We are an established Premier League team now. If we are serious about competing in this league, we can't just be happy to be watching PL football. I could understand it in our first year or two, but we really should have a different mindset if we want to progress.

I know we're a small club, but we've shown that with the right principles, we can easily be mid table.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 12:04 - Nov 26 with 1085 viewsKrisP

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 09:35 - Nov 26 by TheResurrection

"Be under no illusions Bournemouth were the wrong side of average today but bossed us first half " just means he thought they weren't very good yesterday, not a comment on the quality of their side or their season so far or their style of play or any of the other stuff you moved on to.
Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 12:12 - Nov 26 with 1068 viewslondonlisa2001

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 11:46 - Nov 26 by trampie

Swans chances of going down weren't as bad last season as this, Swans had a £45 million player, scoring, creating and covering more miles than any other player.

Change the manager and bring a few players in and Swans turned it around as expected, this time, a new manager is unlikely to turn it around as the players are not good enough, the only hope is to replace Gylfi with a goalscoring, attacking, creative midfielder preferably that can take a free kick.

The chances of Swansea staying up are odds against, because you don't understand odds I will spell it out for you :- there is more chance of Swansea going down than staying up, a lot more chance as well.

"The chances of Swansea staying up are odds against, because you don't understand odds I will spell it out for you :- there is more chance of Swansea going down than staying up, a lot more chance as well."

You don't seem to understand bookie's odds either Trampie.

There isn't 'more chance of Swansea going down' because of bookie's odds. There's 'more money being placed on Swansea going down than any other team' at the moment by people that quite probably never watch us outside 90 seconds on MOTD.

I certainly think there's a very real chance of us going down this season. But the bookies haven't a clue outside results to date. Any more than I have any clue really whether West Ham or Crystal Palace will go down. It's seems possible to me in both cases, but that's not the same thing.
Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 13:04 - Nov 26 with 1031 viewstrampie

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 12:12 - Nov 26 by londonlisa2001

"The chances of Swansea staying up are odds against, because you don't understand odds I will spell it out for you :- there is more chance of Swansea going down than staying up, a lot more chance as well."

You don't seem to understand bookie's odds either Trampie.

There isn't 'more chance of Swansea going down' because of bookie's odds. There's 'more money being placed on Swansea going down than any other team' at the moment by people that quite probably never watch us outside 90 seconds on MOTD.

I certainly think there's a very real chance of us going down this season. But the bookies haven't a clue outside results to date. Any more than I have any clue really whether West Ham or Crystal Palace will go down. It's seems possible to me in both cases, but that's not the same thing.

No you clearly don't understand finances, markets or betting Lisa.
There is not necessarily more money being placed on the Swans to go down than any other team, there might be, but there again that might not be the case.

Bookies initially mark up a book, make a market and price it up, sometimes it's a pure market based purely on what they think, sometimes it's skewed slightly by selections they know punters will bet on, then the weight of money might move the market.
Tip:- always bet against England with English based bookies, not as much margin as there was before the internet got popular but still profitable, smile.
This relegation market is a newly updated market after yesterday's results, people can bet 24hrs a day but overnight there was unlikely to be lots of people betting, sometimes a bookie will take a selection on and run the risk of making a loss if they are confident that they and their experts are correct.

Bookies odds are an indicator (and a good one) of the merits of a team, Swans are in all sorts of problems per that indicator.

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 13:13 - Nov 26 with 1022 viewslondonlisa2001

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 13:04 - Nov 26 by trampie

No you clearly don't understand finances, markets or betting Lisa.
There is not necessarily more money being placed on the Swans to go down than any other team, there might be, but there again that might not be the case.

Bookies initially mark up a book, make a market and price it up, sometimes it's a pure market based purely on what they think, sometimes it's skewed slightly by selections they know punters will bet on, then the weight of money might move the market.
Tip:- always bet against England with English based bookies, not as much margin as there was before the internet got popular but still profitable, smile.
This relegation market is a newly updated market after yesterday's results, people can bet 24hrs a day but overnight there was unlikely to be lots of people betting, sometimes a bookie will take a selection on and run the risk of making a loss if they are confident that they and their experts are correct.

Bookies odds are an indicator (and a good one) of the merits of a team, Swans are in all sorts of problems per that indicator.

I know the way it works Trampie.

But, again, you saying that we are more likely to go down than not because if bookies' odds is ridiculous.

Bookies markets on football in this country are very skewed by punters, not slightly skewed.

Teams like us always show negatively compared to teams like, for example, West Ham or Newcastle. Always. And it's to do with people's perceptions of 'big teams' and otherwise.
Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 13:17 - Nov 26 with 1008 viewstrampie

Much, much improved, possible tide turning, let’s not get ahead of ourselves . on 13:13 - Nov 26 by londonlisa2001

I know the way it works Trampie.

But, again, you saying that we are more likely to go down than not because if bookies' odds is ridiculous.

Bookies markets on football in this country are very skewed by punters, not slightly skewed.

Teams like us always show negatively compared to teams like, for example, West Ham or Newcastle. Always. And it's to do with people's perceptions of 'big teams' and otherwise.

No I'm saying Swans are more likely to go down than not because of my odds not the bookies odds (the bookies odds are just backing that up).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024