Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vote of no confidence thread. 18:21 - Dec 15 with 25607 viewsE20Jack

Not a member but will happily join again if this was to get off the ground.

Any members have any ideas how to do this?

Looks like the only way of stopping this deal now. I have asked several times what are the benefits of this deal, it cannot be continuing to have a voice as conceding drag rights will probably mean the Trust survives as an organisation for a shorter period than if it was to go legal. They are not long term owners.

...those who recommended the deal still have not answered.

Swans Trust,
12 Dynevor Avenue,
Neath,
SA10 7AG

I, the undersigned member, believe the current committee no longer represents the wishes of this organisation's members. I would like to register a vote of no confidence and ask you to call and extraordinary meeting of all Trust members so that we can be heard. We would like to table a motion that the following committee members should stand down and call an election at the earliest opportunity.

Alan Lewis
Stuart McDonald
Viv Brooks
Ron Knuszka
Cath Dyer
Viv Williams
Sian Davies

Yours,

** any Trust members for the deal I have missed out feel free to add or any I have included that are against it then again feel free to omit.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2017 20:43]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Vote of no confidence thread. on 15:42 - Dec 16 with 1674 viewsE20Jack

Vote of no confidence thread. on 15:40 - Dec 16 by wobbly

I strongly believe The members should go to the AGM and vote on the motion. Either for or against, according to their views.

One of the members should propose the motion. And take a friend to second it.

There you go, buddy. Job done.

Which friend are you taking to second your motion?

Vote of no confidence thread. on 15:44 - Dec 16 with 1667 viewswobbly

Vote of no confidence thread. on 15:40 - Dec 16 by londonlisa2001

They probably don't have to accept a motion from the floor unless they want to, choosing to accept one one year doesn't mean they have to do the same another year.

As I said, someone would need to check.

This is the AGM for a Supporters Trust. The AGM! and you think they would dare not to take a motion from the floor at the annual meeting of the members. When they have in previous years. Just because the board are scared of what the members they purport to represent might table?

That really would be the end of a democratic institution. It would be inconceivable.
Vote of no confidence thread. on 15:45 - Dec 16 with 1660 viewswobbly

Vote of no confidence thread. on 15:42 - Dec 16 by E20Jack

Which friend are you taking to second your motion?

Will you be my friend? You'll have to join first, naturally.
Vote of no confidence thread. on 15:45 - Dec 16 with 1654 viewsE20Jack

Vote of no confidence thread. on 15:45 - Dec 16 by wobbly

Will you be my friend? You'll have to join first, naturally.

Depends, are you going to table this motion or is it just noise?

I will only join if I know there is an appetite for this. So far I have barely seen 5 posts in support.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2017 15:46]

Vote of no confidence thread. on 15:46 - Dec 16 with 1651 viewswobbly

Vote of no confidence thread. on 15:45 - Dec 16 by E20Jack

Depends, are you going to table this motion or is it just noise?

I will only join if I know there is an appetite for this. So far I have barely seen 5 posts in support.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2017 15:46]

I only want unconditional friends. Anything else isn't really friendship.
Vote of no confidence thread. on 15:46 - Dec 16 with 1646 viewsE20Jack

Noise then.

Vote of no confidence thread. on 15:51 - Dec 16 with 1624 viewschad

Vote of no confidence thread. on 14:54 - Dec 16 by exiledclaseboy

I think talk of a vote of no confidence is misplaced and counterproductive at this stage. It's a red herring. The first priority of anyone who wants a re-vote on the deal (which is what I'll be urging) is to let the Trust know the strength of feeling of its members. . Some of you did it on Thursday, others who are members have to do it now, and urgently. There's a contact section on the Trust website, it has a twitter account and facebook page and an email address. Forums like this are easily dismissed as being representative of nothing other than the forum itself. Having used it for around 15 years I know that's wrong and those who dismiss it at times like this are making a rod for their own backs. If you're a Trust member and feel strongly enough that there should be a re-vote,. use all available communications channels to tell the Trust that. And do it quickly. If you're not a member and have strong concerns about the deal and want your say, rejoin - and then do the above. Keep it clean, keep it polite, keep it non-personal. But do it.

And do it now. Please.

Fair enough

but in the food chain herring are very important ;)

What if we do as you say and it is just ignored as usual and any protest at Board level outvoted, our herring will be far from red

(There was certainly no quarter given at the meeting - just steely determination to proceed)

We then may (to continue to analogies marine) have missed the very last boat

If you have a cannon you don't have to fire it - but at least you have the threat and choice, and it will certainly focus the minds of the Board to a real threat that they cannot ignore.
Vote of no confidence thread. on 15:55 - Dec 16 with 1608 viewsexiledclaseboy

Vote of no confidence thread. on 15:23 - Dec 16 by E20Jack

I am still edging towards the letters.

I think a focused effort by 120 members will also make them more likely to attend the meeting off the back of their letter than a general AGM. We still have to get 2/3rds of the room to vote in the favour of this at the end of the day.

If we don't get the 120 letters then that doesn't hurt the chances of the fallback which is the 20 showing of hands at the AGM does it?

I'm not saying don't do the letters. But do the other thing as well. And quickly.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Vote of no confidence thread. on 15:57 - Dec 16 with 1596 viewsE20Jack

Vote of no confidence thread. on 15:55 - Dec 16 by exiledclaseboy

I'm not saying don't do the letters. But do the other thing as well. And quickly.

This really is not my area of expertise.

So just to confirm, once the 120 letters are submitted. Is the number of people at the meeting in favour of the motion being passed the same requirement as an AGM?

Vote of no confidence thread. on 15:57 - Dec 16 with 1596 viewsexiledclaseboy

Vote of no confidence thread. on 15:51 - Dec 16 by chad

Fair enough

but in the food chain herring are very important ;)

What if we do as you say and it is just ignored as usual and any protest at Board level outvoted, our herring will be far from red

(There was certainly no quarter given at the meeting - just steely determination to proceed)

We then may (to continue to analogies marine) have missed the very last boat

If you have a cannon you don't have to fire it - but at least you have the threat and choice, and it will certainly focus the minds of the Board to a real threat that they cannot ignore.

As I've just said to E20, I'm not saying don't go for the no confidence vote, but the first priority is for as many people as possible to let the Trust know how they feel about the deal. Do that, and whatever follows follows. If the strength of feeling is expressed and ignored (agree that this is a very real possibility) then other options, as discussed here and elsewhere, are available.

Vote of no confidence thread. on 15:59 - Dec 16 with 1584 viewsShaky

Vote of no confidence thread. on 15:55 - Dec 16 by exiledclaseboy

You don't want letters, but rather proxies. And to contemplate the significance of the rules i mentioned a page ago.

Other than that i agree.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Vote of no confidence thread. on 15:59 - Dec 16 with 1584 viewsmonmouth

Vote of no confidence thread. on 15:44 - Dec 16 by wobbly

This is the AGM for a Supporters Trust. The AGM! and you think they would dare not to take a motion from the floor at the annual meeting of the members. When they have in previous years. Just because the board are scared of what the members they purport to represent might table?

That really would be the end of a democratic institution. It would be inconceivable.

Then again, even a simple show of hands was refused last week when it would certainly have gone against them...when one was happily taken previously when it game them comfort for their views...

Never underestimate egos.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Vote of no confidence thread. on 16:00 - Dec 16 with 1572 viewswobbly

Vote of no confidence thread. on 15:59 - Dec 16 by monmouth

Then again, even a simple show of hands was refused last week when it would certainly have gone against them...when one was happily taken previously when it game them comfort for their views...

But that is a members forum, not an AGM. An entirely different kettle of bananas.
Vote of no confidence thread. on 16:01 - Dec 16 with 1571 viewsShaky

Vote of no confidence thread. on 15:59 - Dec 16 by monmouth

Ease up on the hysteria, why don't you?

That wasn't a properly convened shareholders meeting.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Vote of no confidence thread. on 16:02 - Dec 16 with 1562 viewsexiledclaseboy

Vote of no confidence thread. on 15:57 - Dec 16 by E20Jack

This really is not my area of expertise.

So just to confirm, once the 120 letters are submitted. Is the number of people at the meeting in favour of the motion being passed the same requirement as an AGM?

I don't know, I need to have a proper look at the rules.

Vote of no confidence thread. on 16:02 - Dec 16 with 1556 viewschad

Vote of no confidence thread. on 15:57 - Dec 16 by exiledclaseboy

As I've just said to E20, I'm not saying don't go for the no confidence vote, but the first priority is for as many people as possible to let the Trust know how they feel about the deal. Do that, and whatever follows follows. If the strength of feeling is expressed and ignored (agree that this is a very real possibility) then other options, as discussed here and elsewhere, are available.

Except if we don't prioritise both we may miss our on the option to enact the one with real teeth.

So calling it a red herring was a bit of a well red herring
Vote of no confidence thread. on 16:08 - Dec 16 with 1526 viewschad

BTW 2 here support the request for a vote of no confidence (and usually available to attend meetings).
Vote of no confidence thread. on 16:15 - Dec 16 with 1508 viewsDarran

Vote of no confidence thread. on 16:08 - Dec 16 by chad

BTW 2 here support the request for a vote of no confidence (and usually available to attend meetings).

Looking back now a posse should have steamed that Forum in Carmarthen.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Vote of no confidence thread. on 17:25 - Dec 16 with 1447 viewsDewi1jack

I have already sent a letter requesting an EGM at a time when only 80 letters were needed.
Wording doesn't matter. The request for an EGM is the same.
Letter has been totally ignored. How surprising.
Am I shocked or surprised?
No.
Because nothing the arrogant c**ts do is coming as a shock anymore.
I now am 95% sure the b'stards are on back handers- nothing else explains their behaviour IMHO. They're certainly not custodians of the shares on my behalf.
Nor are they JBs

Just wonder how many more letters where the tail is trying to wag the dog have been ignored?
Guess we'll never know.
I am now fully behind a vote of no confidence, in more than one board member.
We need to send it as one letter of petition I think, so as we actually know the number.
Then, if any form of regulation has been broken, we can call the relevant body in to sort things for us, which will ultimately delay the sale.

Any over the 12 year rule who have a vote must stand down immediately.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Vote of no confidence thread. on 17:26 - Dec 16 with 1444 viewslondonlisa2001

Vote of no confidence thread. on 16:00 - Dec 16 by wobbly

But that is a members forum, not an AGM. An entirely different kettle of bananas.

And that's was a show of hands that was non binding to say that the people present wanted a revote. Not a binding resolution to remove the people that are being asked to accept a motion from the floor.

Surely it's easier to find out what's required than to speculate and make a wrong assumption?
Vote of no confidence thread. on 17:28 - Dec 16 with 1433 viewsE20Jack

Letter here ready to go.

Need 110-120 names. Get them in to me.

I will mention the 12 year thing too.

Can I have a list of board members you don't feel represent you by the end of the night please and as a result want added to the list, I will have to address them individually.

Vote of no confidence thread. on 17:31 - Dec 16 with 1421 viewslondonlisa2001

Vote of no confidence thread. on 16:02 - Dec 16 by chad

Except if we don't prioritise both we may miss our on the option to enact the one with real teeth.

So calling it a red herring was a bit of a well red herring

If you prioritise incorrectly then one may, frankly, be moot.

I'm not trying to be funny, but ECB and myself are urging members to do everything possible to make it known they want to open this up to a revote if they believe that's necessary, or at the very least, wait until January's AGM allows for discussion before signing anything.

Don't you think that may be worth listening to?
Vote of no confidence thread. on 17:57 - Dec 16 with 1366 viewsBobby_Fischer

I have to say there is a lot of talking down to people on this thread, its vile - you can be as high up as you want in your job but there is certain things you don't get.

The fact that the Trust is run by a bunch of teachers says it all to me, and Uxbridge is funny... writes paragraphs but with no substance.... I have no degrees but have spent years in war torn countries volunteering fixing the mess that the companies you work for caused.

Do me a favour, f*ck off.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Vote of no confidence thread. on 17:59 - Dec 16 with 1354 viewsDewi1jack

Vote of no confidence thread. on 10:40 - Dec 16 by ItchySphincter

Whatever Trevor.

I suggested the template idea weeks ago so thanks for developing my idea.

As for the 'snide' corner - I put my money where my mouth is and use my vote. Shame others just want to come on here and grandstand instead of at least attempting to make a little bit of difference.

You have no self awareness. Good for you.

Spot on.
Any fugger can "write up a template" Not much point when to send it will be a waste of postage if you aren't a member.
No one takes any notice of non shareholders in an AGM/EGM/ Vote of No confidence

I didn't bother with a template. Just sent a request for an EGM.
See E20, at least I'm doing something. And able to do it and attempt to try and make a difference.
Why?
Because I'm a member you bewt.

If the AGM is going to be quicker, then that'll do.

Oh E20 you won't be able to help us vote off any member.
Or try and get the share sale stopped in a show of hands.
Or have maybe the single vote we need to stop these self serving b'stards (I don't include those who stayed to try and fight/ new co-optees) from fuggin up OUR club.
Why?

Because in plain and simple terms, you have to be a member.
And if you don't understand that, then you make 2 short planks look like a fukin supercomputer.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Vote of no confidence thread. on 18:01 - Dec 16 with 1342 viewschad

Vote of no confidence thread. on 17:31 - Dec 16 by londonlisa2001

If you prioritise incorrectly then one may, frankly, be moot.

I'm not trying to be funny, but ECB and myself are urging members to do everything possible to make it known they want to open this up to a revote if they believe that's necessary, or at the very least, wait until January's AGM allows for discussion before signing anything.

Don't you think that may be worth listening to?

I will consider myself told

But actually Lisa if you read what I said, I agreed with ECB re that action, I said we should prioritise both and he agreed.

But is is important not to think of the other one as a red herring as we may miss the window if we wait on that for anything concrete from this

The initial step is not a vote but a request for a vote - I believe

I think the above a fair and balanced opinion

I appreciate anything done to progress this. I also tried to do my bit at the meeting (as I have done at others). Let's say there could have been little doubt of my concerns and the reasons for them; and also outlining the opinions of yourself, Matt and Phil at the meeting loud and clear, was I think effective.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024