Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clement Gone 20:02 - Dec 20 with 37699 viewsDr_Winston

Sacked

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-part-company-paul-clement

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Clement Gone on 20:40 - Dec 20 with 3733 viewsWoods10

You couldn't make it up.i said 4 weeks ago Jenkins the creep would wait just until Xmas before getting rid of Clement.he then would get a new manager just before the transfer window but the new manager would need time to assess the squad he got before signing any players leaving fkng Jenkins to buy the couple of players HE would have in his squad.what chairman chooses what players to come in.IT SHOULD BE THE MANAGER!!!!.it was time for Clement to go but I dnt blame him bcos he had a championship squad.you cannot sell 80 percent of goals from last season and expect to compete.i honestly dnt think Jenkins gets enough grief from us.i get that we should be supporting the boys but he really needs to knw he's hated
Clement Gone on 20:40 - Dec 20 with 3733 viewsSwanseajill

Clement Gone on 20:33 - Dec 20 by 3swan

Works for me

This PS is crashing for me, fingers crossed I'll get this done

Someone told me that part of the sellout deal would have a contract added that H J must complete a certain amount of time as DOF.
Just something I had heard. Could be a load o codswallop though.
Clement Gone on 20:41 - Dec 20 with 3723 viewsLandore_Jack

Clement Gone on 20:39 - Dec 20 by Bobby_Fischer

Where did she say that?

She said it when live on Sky.

#backtojack

Clement Gone on 20:41 - Dec 20 with 3722 viewsJoshTheJack

Clement Gone on 20:39 - Dec 20 by SwanseaTID

Pulis not under consideration according to Wales Online
[Post edited 20 Dec 2017 20:41]

Seems like we're throwing Curt and Leon under the bus then.
Clement Gone on 20:41 - Dec 20 with 3713 viewsThornburyswan

Clement Gone on 20:34 - Dec 20 by majorraglan

I am not sure AC is the answer, the talk was he didn’t want it and had had enough when Guidolin was brought in.

I am not sure who they are looking, but whoever it is needs to be someone who is going to be the right choice for the long haul; if the club goes down then the person they appoint needs to be someone who will be allowed to rebuild in the Championship if the club is relegated.

Agree with your second paragraph, we simply don't have enough ££££ to keep wasting it on sacking managers & their coaching team so for me it's either a caretaker job until the summer or a manager/coach that we are 'happy' with if we stay up or drop into the Championship and operate at either level.
Clement Gone on 20:41 - Dec 20 with 3707 viewsHumpty

Clement Gone on 20:33 - Dec 20 by Landore_Jack

Cath Dyer "we have to Trust the board" lol!

The one thing we all know we absolutely cannot do.

F*cking unbelievable. What's going on mun?
Clement Gone on 20:42 - Dec 20 with 3699 viewslonglostjack

Timing stinks in more ways than one.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Clement Gone on 20:44 - Dec 20 with 3595 viewsmonmouth

Clement Gone on 20:41 - Dec 20 by JoshTheJack

Seems like we're throwing Curt and Leon under the bus then.

You think Curtis would even consider it? If he does, he's off his plum.

Let's hope they've used the time to line up a good appointment, not fecking Pullis. he's just Clement with bells on and his WBA are just us with a bigger more useless centre forward.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Clement Gone on 20:45 - Dec 20 with 3582 views3swan

Clement Gone on 20:40 - Dec 20 by Swanseajill

Someone told me that part of the sellout deal would have a contract added that H J must complete a certain amount of time as DOF.

Read the same a couple of times, who knows?

As far as the O.S. I did a copy and paste a few posts back
Clement Gone on 20:46 - Dec 20 with 3561 viewstheloneranger

Clement Gone on 20:40 - Dec 20 by Swanseajill

They gave Pinnochio a 2 year contract at the time of the sale

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Clement Gone on 20:49 - Dec 20 with 3437 viewsSwanseajill

Clement Gone on 20:46 - Dec 20 by theloneranger

They gave Pinnochio a 2 year contract at the time of the sale

Thanks, I missed that and haven't read any posts about it on here.
Clement Gone on 20:50 - Dec 20 with 3378 viewsJoshTheJack

Clement Gone on 20:44 - Dec 20 by monmouth

You think Curtis would even consider it? If he does, he's off his plum.

Let's hope they've used the time to line up a good appointment, not fecking Pullis. he's just Clement with bells on and his WBA are just us with a bigger more useless centre forward.

They like to exploit Curts love for the club.There can't be many compotent takers.I have a feeling they have someone lined up to do it this late after he's already taken training it would be a bit shitty although nothing shocks me anymore with this club.
Clement Gone on 20:51 - Dec 20 with 3359 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Pulis - evens
Koeman - 10/1
Giggs - 12/1
Michael O’neil - 14/1
Rodgers - 20/1
Bradley - 25/1
Monk - 25/1

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Clement Gone on 20:54 - Dec 20 with 3265 viewsMrSwerve

Get Koeman in ffs. That would go a long way towards me trusting the club and our owners.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Clement Gone on 20:54 - Dec 20 with 3265 viewsicecoldjack

It's gonna be Garry Monk knowing our luck !!
Clement Gone on 20:54 - Dec 20 with 3256 viewsJack_Meoff

Probably too early for a song but John Lennon just came on the radio.

5 days before Christmas
They showed Clem the door,
Will we realise come May,
It should have been more?

We got rid of Nando,
Resplendent in white,
But didn't need Gylfi,
Who was apparently sh*te.

And so Happy Christmas,
Your squad was threadbare,
Like Tiny Tim's stocking,
There's f*ck all in there.

Season's over, cos Huw sold out,
Season's over, cos Huw sold out...

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Clement Gone on 20:55 - Dec 20 with 3227 viewsvetchonian

Clement Gone on 20:51 - Dec 20 by Joe_bradshaw

Pulis - evens
Koeman - 10/1
Giggs - 12/1
Michael O’neil - 14/1
Rodgers - 20/1
Bradley - 25/1
Monk - 25/1

Laudrup anyone?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Clement Gone on 20:55 - Dec 20 with 3202 viewsJackFish

Cheers for last season Paul, did a great job under the circumstances. I think we suited him last year with a defensive unit that was considerably better than Bradley was making it look, along with the weapons from Gylfi and Llorente. Without them though he's just had no idea how to attack this season, and although he didn't get all the Gylfi/Cork/Llorente money to spend, his signings have been either awful or mediocre at best. I wouldn't have had any confidence in him picking a couple of decent attacking players in Jan so I think it's best we give someone else a go now.
Clement Gone on 20:56 - Dec 20 with 3161 viewsHeadmaster

Clement Gone on 20:41 - Dec 20 by Humpty

The one thing we all know we absolutely cannot do.

F*cking unbelievable. What's going on mun?

I was livid when I heard that. Leighton James cheered me up though, he wasn't holding back on SSN
Clement Gone on 20:58 - Dec 20 with 3084 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Third December in a row we've sacked a manager. That's interesting...

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Clement Gone on 21:01 - Dec 20 with 3005 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Rob Phillips take on it:

Paul Clement's departure is a damning indictment of those who run Swansea City.

If you include club legend Alan Curtis' spells at the helm, the Swans have gone through six bosses in just two years.

Curtis has taken caretaker-charge of his beloved Swans for the last two Decembers.

As head coach, Clement must take some of the blame, just as he deservedly received plenty of praise for steering the club away from relegation last season.

But the problems run far deeper than the coach. Poor recruitment for the last few years has resulted in a squad which is inadequate by Premier League standards.

Swansea made a stand over Gylfi Sigurdsson's fee to Everton in August, but that led to a month of transfer inactivity during the protracted negotiations. Was there no spare cash at hand?

Clement was promised money in January, but did not survive to spend it.

The so-called 'Swansea Way' - which disappeared when Michael Laudrup was shown the door - used to be about an attractive and successful brand of passing and movement.

Now the 'Swansea Way' is to announce a departure in December to make way for a New Year miracle worker.

The revival could happen again, just as it has done following managerial changes elsewhere.

But the crisis runs so deep - characterised by a disconnect between fans and those in charge, chairman Huw Jenkins and American owners Steven Kaplan and Jason Levien - it is difficult to see any other outcome but relegation.

The Swans have dodged this bullet for the last two seasons - this time their luck may have run out.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Clement Gone on 21:04 - Dec 20 with 2901 viewsnantywatcher

It's my birthday today - just gutted my present arrived two months late.
Clement Gone on 21:05 - Dec 20 with 2865 viewsLibertarian

I guess this means all of our January signings will be Hueberts....
Clement Gone on 21:07 - Dec 20 with 2820 viewsicecoldjack

Clement Gone on 20:58 - Dec 20 by Tummer_from_Texas

Third December in a row we've sacked a manager. That's interesting...

It's all them letters to Santa what did it ..

"Dear Santa,

Can we please have a new manager for Xmas, i promise to be good and not spend millions on quality players but use my lack of knowledge to only sign rubbish. It would also be nice to have some of the hatred aimed at me cooled down so i would really love a new manager to get fans talking about something different, please Santa please !

Yours Faithfully

Huw Jenkins.
Clement Gone on 21:07 - Dec 20 with 2819 viewsBobby_Fischer

Clement Gone on 21:01 - Dec 20 by Joe_bradshaw

Rob Phillips take on it:

Paul Clement's departure is a damning indictment of those who run Swansea City.

If you include club legend Alan Curtis' spells at the helm, the Swans have gone through six bosses in just two years.

Curtis has taken caretaker-charge of his beloved Swans for the last two Decembers.

As head coach, Clement must take some of the blame, just as he deservedly received plenty of praise for steering the club away from relegation last season.

But the problems run far deeper than the coach. Poor recruitment for the last few years has resulted in a squad which is inadequate by Premier League standards.

Swansea made a stand over Gylfi Sigurdsson's fee to Everton in August, but that led to a month of transfer inactivity during the protracted negotiations. Was there no spare cash at hand?

Clement was promised money in January, but did not survive to spend it.

The so-called 'Swansea Way' - which disappeared when Michael Laudrup was shown the door - used to be about an attractive and successful brand of passing and movement.

Now the 'Swansea Way' is to announce a departure in December to make way for a New Year miracle worker.

The revival could happen again, just as it has done following managerial changes elsewhere.

But the crisis runs so deep - characterised by a disconnect between fans and those in charge, chairman Huw Jenkins and American owners Steven Kaplan and Jason Levien - it is difficult to see any other outcome but relegation.

The Swans have dodged this bullet for the last two seasons - this time their luck may have run out.

Spot on.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024