Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Ham to offer 25m for Mawson in a few days 18:09 - Dec 27 with 11925 viewsbermudajack

You just know they’re gonna sell him, ££££££££

The asset stripping continues... Fab & Ki will be next 😳😳😳

Whilst we all sit on our hands 😡😡😡 waiting for someone or something to happen 🤨

What a terrible, terrible shame... 😞

Swansea City FC RIP 🎚💸🏺💣⚰️

Poll: Priority for new manager?

West Ham to offer 25m for Mawson in a few days on 22:00 - Dec 27 with 1958 viewsSPboy

Here we go, all of the Swansea business experts are out in force again ... telling us that selling our best players is “good business” ... Siggy, Llorente, Williams, Ayew, etc. Well it’s working out just fine chaps. Maybe you should all go in to business with HJ & MM you seem to have the principles and business sense
West Ham to offer 25m for Mawson in a few days on 22:21 - Dec 27 with 1918 viewsPrivate_Partz

West Ham to offer 25m for Mawson in a few days on 22:00 - Dec 27 by SPboy

Here we go, all of the Swansea business experts are out in force again ... telling us that selling our best players is “good business” ... Siggy, Llorente, Williams, Ayew, etc. Well it’s working out just fine chaps. Maybe you should all go in to business with HJ & MM you seem to have the principles and business sense

Sadly I agree. I really just don't get it.
This idea that selling our best players for a decent wedge is the cure of all ills.
This very tactic is why we are in a mess now, coupled with our recruitment team who don't seem capable of finding their own asses in a dark alley leave alone bringing in suitable players and a new manager.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

West Ham to offer 25m for Mawson in a few days on 22:32 - Dec 27 with 1881 viewsJokeren1943

West Ham to offer 25m for Mawson in a few days on 22:21 - Dec 27 by Private_Partz

Sadly I agree. I really just don't get it.
This idea that selling our best players for a decent wedge is the cure of all ills.
This very tactic is why we are in a mess now, coupled with our recruitment team who don't seem capable of finding their own asses in a dark alley leave alone bringing in suitable players and a new manager.

The key is to have a backbone of quality players who perform on a good level every season like Williams, Rangel, Britton. You need to have this if you wanna stay in PL.

Yet another point Swansea has failed at.

Mawson has 2.5 years left of his contract- keep him.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2017 22:33]
West Ham to offer 25m for Mawson in a few days on 22:40 - Dec 27 with 1858 viewsicecoldjack

West Ham to offer 25m for Mawson in a few days on 21:51 - Dec 27 by jacksfullaces

love it how you say it is 'we' cashing in .. it's them cashing in.

No its my club, irrelevent of any fooker raping it's wealth and destroying everything built up the last 13 yrs.
Sad but true.
West Ham to offer 25m for Mawson in a few days on 22:46 - Dec 27 with 1838 viewsswan65split

West Ham to offer 25m for Mawson in a few days on 21:10 - Dec 27 by Flashberryjack

That's very harsh on the young lad, he's the best signing we've done for quite a while.

Carroll on current form would be worth the same as Mawson's little finger.

you may think its harsh, I like the boy, but he hast been doing it lately, as another post says , he aint throwing himself into tackles as he was a few weeks ago.
Whatever our thoughts on Monk and Ash at this time , fair doos they put themselves into tackles.
I didnt see the game on Boxing Day, only highlights on MOD this morning, and the ease the red players waltzed away, or shall I say the lack of tackling or attempts at tackles was horrendous.
West Ham to offer 25m for Mawson in a few days on 23:05 - Dec 27 with 1791 viewsJackFish

West Ham to offer 25m for Mawson in a few days on 21:43 - Dec 27 by Flashberryjack

Why would you be happy enough for us to sell Mawson, if you know the money won't be used to bring in good attacking players.

Drip, drip, drip drip the blood is slowly but surely being sucked out of our club and some still don't get it.

I said I'd be happy to sell him if that money was put towards attacking players, but as it won't be I want us to keep him.
West Ham to offer 25m for Mawson in a few days on 23:05 - Dec 27 with 1791 viewsjasper_T

Mawson's our third best centreback. Cash in on the young and English hype before he makes too many more costly howlers.
West Ham to offer 25m for Mawson in a few days on 23:17 - Dec 27 with 1770 viewsTheKirkyLife

West Ham to offer 25m for Mawson in a few days on 22:00 - Dec 27 by SPboy

Any other year I would agree with you, SP.

We're getting relegated this year however, best to sell off our high quality goods when we're the most popular shop in town.
Login to get fewer ads

West Ham to offer 25m for Mawson in a few days on 23:17 - Dec 27 with 1769 viewsjack247

West Ham to offer 25m for Mawson in a few days on 23:05 - Dec 27 by jasper_T

Mawson's our third best centreback. Cash in on the young and English hype before he makes too many more costly howlers.

It’s not so much the cashing in that’s the problem, it’s the fact they won’t spend it or will spend a chunk of it on ‘prospects’.

We cashed in in the summer
West Ham to offer 25m for Mawson in a few days on 00:05 - Dec 28 with 1702 viewsSmellyplumz

West Ham to offer 25m for Mawson in a few days on 22:40 - Dec 27 by icecoldjack

No its my club, irrelevent of any fooker raping it's wealth and destroying everything built up the last 13 yrs.
Sad but true.

It's not your club any more, everything that was your club had gone you're just a punter now

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

West Ham to offer 25m for Mawson in a few days on 00:37 - Dec 28 with 1668 viewsGowerjack

West Ham to offer 25m for Mawson in a few days on 19:04 - Dec 27 by Flashberryjack

Mawson is a class player, playing in a really poor side.

He's our most valuable asset for a reason, but he won't be after January as he'll be gone.

Mawson is an average Premier League player in really shite side.

There I've fixed that for you...

No charge.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

West Ham to offer 25m for Mawson in a few days on 00:55 - Dec 28 with 1650 viewsLeonWasGod

West Ham to offer 25m for Mawson in a few days on 18:55 - Dec 27 by paulv2k4

From the article. "Mawson has been Swansea’s standout player this term, and has gone from strength to strength since joining the Welsh club from Barnsley in the summer of 2016"

???

Can't remember him being THAT good. If he made countless blocks all season saving us then I would totally get it.

Although, he is our best defender. VDH 2nd.

I think he’s been excellent and defensively very good for us this season (I posted something about this a week or so ago). But I’ve just looked up his defensive stats to see if they back this up, and they do:

8th in the league for blocks
5th for clearances
7th for headed clearances
16th for aerial battles won (but one of top 3/4 CBs, as you’re competing with the likes of Crouch and Benteke in that category)

He’s easily our top defender imo. But, when he ocassionally dallies on the ball it’s very obvious and people jump on that. But watch the defensive side of his game and he’s been good (bit of a wobble lately though, pretty much mirroring the massive wobble ahead of him).

From what I’ve read anout him he also doesn’t seem a billy big bollox type. Still seems pretty grounded and appreciates where he came from and how quickly he rose through the leagues.

I’d hang onto him at all costs. He’s Ash 2 in the making (who also seems to be having a good season based on his stats; they’re almost identical to Alfie’s).
West Ham to offer 25m for Mawson in a few days on 10:24 - Dec 28 with 1506 viewsicecoldjack

West Ham to offer 25m for Mawson in a few days on 00:55 - Dec 28 by LeonWasGod

I think he’s been excellent and defensively very good for us this season (I posted something about this a week or so ago). But I’ve just looked up his defensive stats to see if they back this up, and they do:

8th in the league for blocks
5th for clearances
7th for headed clearances
16th for aerial battles won (but one of top 3/4 CBs, as you’re competing with the likes of Crouch and Benteke in that category)

He’s easily our top defender imo. But, when he ocassionally dallies on the ball it’s very obvious and people jump on that. But watch the defensive side of his game and he’s been good (bit of a wobble lately though, pretty much mirroring the massive wobble ahead of him).

From what I’ve read anout him he also doesn’t seem a billy big bollox type. Still seems pretty grounded and appreciates where he came from and how quickly he rose through the leagues.

I’d hang onto him at all costs. He’s Ash 2 in the making (who also seems to be having a good season based on his stats; they’re almost identical to Alfie’s).

Mark Gower was one of the best attacking midfielders in Europe according to the stats .

Mawson is playing within himself, fannying about and trying not to look foolish or get injured. He's been playing that way since coming back from England . Probably had an idea he'd be off . Spends a lot of time losing his man and backing off players but never mind a few fancy cryuff turns make him look class.
West Ham to offer 25m for Mawson in a few days on 11:00 - Dec 28 with 1440 views34dfgdf54

He’s probably the last player left with a significant value next to his name. What happens if we stay up? Who are we going to sell for a one off bulk payment to add reinforcements?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024