Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mint 16:32 - Jan 24 with 6754 viewsjudd

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/glenn-murray-and-wife-arrested-in-connec

Poll: What is it to be then?

Mint on 23:01 - Jan 24 with 1729 viewskiwidale

Mint on 22:55 - Jan 24 by D_Alien

I think you've heard it wrong...

I often do. I take it was said tongue in cheek.

This is not the time for bickering.

Mint on 23:09 - Jan 24 with 1713 viewsD_Alien

Mint on 23:01 - Jan 24 by kiwidale

I often do. I take it was said tongue in cheek.

Only if you believe i'm in not in favour of repealing the Magna Carta

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Mint on 00:21 - Jan 25 with 1674 viewskiwidale

Mint on 23:09 - Jan 24 by D_Alien

Only if you believe i'm in not in favour of repealing the Magna Carta

Interesting the Magna Carta of 1215 is not something Ive studied in depth but being the cynic that I am I suspect its a document that's been used to control the common man while giving an appearance of basic freedom and individual rights to a "free man". It had more to do with reigning in the monarch's total power and making concessions to the nobles and clergy. It locked in the class system that still rules and divides the nation today. Freedom is an illusion tax is theft and one of the tools used to subjugate the people... what would I know?
[Post edited 25 Jan 2018 3:47]

Mint on 07:25 - Jan 25 with 1623 viewsDaveButt

Mint on 00:21 - Jan 25 by kiwidale

Interesting the Magna Carta of 1215 is not something Ive studied in depth but being the cynic that I am I suspect its a document that's been used to control the common man while giving an appearance of basic freedom and individual rights to a "free man". It had more to do with reigning in the monarch's total power and making concessions to the nobles and clergy. It locked in the class system that still rules and divides the nation today. Freedom is an illusion tax is theft and one of the tools used to subjugate the people... what would I know?

Insist he is transferred to B*ry. That's enough to make anyone behave.

[Post edited 25 Jan 2018 7:27]
Mint on 08:03 - Jan 25 with 1587 viewsD_Alien

Jesus H Christ kiwi

I was using it as an extreme example of the changing nature of the law over tine, not to be taken so bloody seriously

Anyroads, it's sentencing that's at issue

Maybe I should've said we should still be hanging sheep sh.. stealers

Enjoy your New Zealand lamb...

[Post edited 25 Jan 2018 8:16]

Mint on 08:08 - Jan 25 with 1583 viewsD_Alien

Double post
[Post edited 25 Jan 2018 8:13]

Mint on 08:21 - Jan 25 with 1559 viewskiwidale

Mint on 08:03 - Jan 25 by D_Alien

Jesus H Christ kiwi

I was using it as an extreme example of the changing nature of the law over tine, not to be taken so bloody seriously

Anyroads, it's sentencing that's at issue

Maybe I should've said we should still be hanging sheep sh.. stealers

Enjoy your New Zealand lamb...

[Post edited 25 Jan 2018 8:16]

fair enough D_A. What do you think of the Leeds sheep shagger crest?

Mint on 08:34 - Jan 25 with 1547 viewsD_Alien

Mint on 08:21 - Jan 25 by kiwidale

fair enough D_A. What do you think of the Leeds sheep shagger crest?

That sheep looks crestfallen

Login to get fewer ads

Mint on 13:07 - Jan 25 with 1454 viewswatford_dale

Mint on 17:44 - Jan 24 by D_Alien

http://www.fpe.org.uk/the-cost-of-prisons/

£65000 per annum, per prisoner

Irrespective of current sentencing guidelines, if someone isn't a danger to the public and is found guilty of attempting to defraud the taxpayer, how does it make sense to then add a further burden onto the taxpayer? I fully understand the need to deter such offences, but surely that can be provisioned by swingeing fines - of an order that really hurts - plus community service

Tax evasion, which is what they will be going for, falls into 4 categories:

Mistake or misinterpretation - you have made a genuine mistake, no penalty
Failure to take reasonable care - you make a mistake or neglect to fully complete your return, liable for up to 30% of tax due
Deliberate understatement - knowingly omit information, liable up to 70% of the tax due
Deliberate understatement and concealment - completing tax return and then taking steps to conceal the fraud. This can be done through destroying relevant documents, secret bank accounts etc, liable for up to 200% of tax due (love that one)

The penalty is not black and white and it will be down to the strength of his £500/hour tax negotiator, that will no doubt be stored in his phone by now, to determine the outcome. I highly doubt he will be turning out for a prison team but more likely face a huge fine.

My favourite tax evasion story was that of Ulli Hoeness, Mr Bayern Munich, who evaded 18.5m of tax, got convicted and had paid all tax owed to authorities to attempt to avoid a prison sentence. The authorities said thanks for paying the tax back now here's a 3 1/2 year prison term for you.

But footballers attempting to reduce tax through various schemes has come back to, quite rightly, bite them on the backside. The scheme where a fair few invested money into a film production company in Europe, that was just a tax dodge, had HMRC come back and demand a load of back tax once it had been proved that the scheme was just a tax avoidance scheme.

Difference between the 2 is that the film scheme was proved to be a tax avoidance scheme on principle and then the tax man came back and demanded tax. Murray's sounds like tax evasion with the investigation of him alone. Tax evasion can carry a prison term.

Glenn Murray today, Google tomorrow go taxman!
Mint on 14:04 - Jan 25 with 1411 viewsD_Alien

Mint on 13:07 - Jan 25 by watford_dale

Tax evasion, which is what they will be going for, falls into 4 categories:

Mistake or misinterpretation - you have made a genuine mistake, no penalty
Failure to take reasonable care - you make a mistake or neglect to fully complete your return, liable for up to 30% of tax due
Deliberate understatement - knowingly omit information, liable up to 70% of the tax due
Deliberate understatement and concealment - completing tax return and then taking steps to conceal the fraud. This can be done through destroying relevant documents, secret bank accounts etc, liable for up to 200% of tax due (love that one)

The penalty is not black and white and it will be down to the strength of his £500/hour tax negotiator, that will no doubt be stored in his phone by now, to determine the outcome. I highly doubt he will be turning out for a prison team but more likely face a huge fine.

My favourite tax evasion story was that of Ulli Hoeness, Mr Bayern Munich, who evaded 18.5m of tax, got convicted and had paid all tax owed to authorities to attempt to avoid a prison sentence. The authorities said thanks for paying the tax back now here's a 3 1/2 year prison term for you.

But footballers attempting to reduce tax through various schemes has come back to, quite rightly, bite them on the backside. The scheme where a fair few invested money into a film production company in Europe, that was just a tax dodge, had HMRC come back and demand a load of back tax once it had been proved that the scheme was just a tax avoidance scheme.

Difference between the 2 is that the film scheme was proved to be a tax avoidance scheme on principle and then the tax man came back and demanded tax. Murray's sounds like tax evasion with the investigation of him alone. Tax evasion can carry a prison term.

Glenn Murray today, Google tomorrow go taxman!

Cheers for that watford

The % fines scale sounds just right - filling the public coffers rather than depleting it; potential to be spent on the NHS, social care, defence etc rather than on someone sat on their arse with three meals a day at Her Majesty's leisure

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024