Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The story of skinheads. 15:16 - Feb 16 with 6573 viewsMick_S

BBC 4 - 9.00 pm. Tonight.

Might interest a few.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2018 15:18]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The story of skinheads. on 09:14 - Feb 23 with 1183 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The story of skinheads. on 00:30 - Feb 17 by hubble

That guy who used to hang out with the Clash! I hope posts below yours have given you a clearer picture PJack. Amazing guy Don Letts - directed several Clash videos and co-founded BAD. Bit of a name-drop here, but I was at the Grammy's in 2003 when they did that amazing tribute to Joe (who died in 2002) and Don was there of course, to collect his Grammy for directing Best Music film: The Clash Westway to the World. I had a chat to him about it afterwards and have chatted to him several times since in Queens Park. A proper local is Don and a top man.

Glad you confirmed he used to hang around with the Clash though Hud ;)
I have that Westway to the World DVD somewhere and loved BAD so I should have known better!
The story of skinheads. on 11:21 - Feb 23 with 1119 viewsJuzzie

Managed to watch it a few days ago. Very interesting and amazing that one style covered the entire political spectrum. I do remember seeing skinheads that were heavily tattooed but had no idea they slotted into a group called "Oi!". Never heard of that term until a few days ago.

Utter shame that the nature of the look meant it got hijacked by the right wing element and before Jimmy Pursey even said 'no' I blurted out the same answer a fraction before when he was asked if he thought the look could ever get clawed back from it's right wing perception.

I do feel sorry for the original skinheads who are clearly not of that persuasion but still get tarred with it but good on them for still persisting with the style and not giving up.
The story of skinheads. on 11:28 - Feb 23 with 1108 viewskingo

The story of skinheads. on 02:53 - Feb 23 by OnlyMe

I'd forgotten about the Blakies. My Dad thought it an excellent sign that I was taking such steps to protect my shoes ;-}

My dad thought it was great that I was eventually wearing a sensible overcoat and proper shoes and boots, he even paid for my brogues. I had to trick my mum into turning up my strides as I wanted them though. One time I tried them on and they were perfect and she then stayed up, unpicked them and presented me the same pair ‘that hadn’t had an argument with my shoes’.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

The story of skinheads. on 13:05 - Feb 23 with 1055 viewsthemodfather

never liked don letts and selecter were a 3rd rate support band with 2 decent tunes.
with so much "evidence " to use , this was a let down...glad i'm a mod!
The story of skinheads. on 13:12 - Feb 23 with 1047 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The story of skinheads. on 13:05 - Feb 23 by themodfather

never liked don letts and selecter were a 3rd rate support band with 2 decent tunes.
with so much "evidence " to use , this was a let down...glad i'm a mod!

Celebrate the Bullet was one presumably?
The story of skinheads. on 14:05 - Feb 23 with 1020 viewsLadbrokeR

The story of skinheads. on 08:17 - Feb 17 by smegma

Watfords finest are carrying on the tradition. One of the best live acts out there at the moment.

I am going mad the fella playing key boards wears two different tops.
The story of skinheads. on 16:03 - Feb 24 with 880 viewsJuzzie

The story of skinheads. on 14:05 - Feb 23 by LadbrokeR

They all do.
The story of skinheads. on 18:56 - Feb 24 with 849 viewsBrightonhoop

The story of skinheads. on 14:05 - Feb 23 by LadbrokeR

It's the flash backs. Lay off the micro dots.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024