Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Come on Dave! 12:43 - Apr 4 with 5852 viewsWrightUp5hit___

I know you have to pay the rent etc, but this is heading into GWL, HITC, Football League Word, ShepherdsBushW12 levels of fake news.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/sport/hell-ruin-eze-holloway-criticised-comments-

You are better than this!
Come on Dave! on 08:51 - Apr 6 with 1029 viewsDorse

Come on Dave! on 18:16 - Apr 5 by Dave_Mc

Hi all.

Like transfer gossip, I absolutely hate the Twitter stuff and had to be persuaded by my team to do it. The thing is, it does get hits. God knows why, but sadly it does.

But still, it also pisses off a lot of our regular readers and I think this thread is another reason to knock it on the head. We won't be doing it from now on.

Cheers.

Love your work Dave. You don't need the Twitterati to make your point.

It baffles me as to why stories 'NOW with added Twitter!!' should gain more traction because, in general, it doesn't add any value to include the musings of 'fcukchelsea666' or 'jizzgargler1981'. It must simply be that the validation these types get from having their opinions included means they spend the next 6 days obsessively spamming everyone about how their opinion now counts and they will now attempt to provide solutions for the Middle East peace process, negotiation of Brexit and ensuring Gareth Southgate picks Rashford in a false 9 role.

The inherent risk in including these types is found in the law of diminishing returns. The more you use them, the more people will assume the story is 'just another Twitter storm' and tune out. We already deride HITC and GWL for exactly that reason, which is why I ignore them and go directly to WLS and, more specifically, you. Keep the faith!

For more information consult my Twitter account @idon'thaveatwitteraccountthisisdoneironically...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Come on Dave! on 09:02 - Apr 6 with 1019 viewsJohnMcCo

Must just add that when news broke about Ray's death I spent the next 3 or so hours in a room with BBC News 24 on and they rebadged the story continuously. Mentioning QPR at length, Chelsea, Man U, AC Milan, Rangers, all the clubs where he had significant spells. They even showed him in a Fulham tracksuit. Seems someone in the sports department had told 24 they mustn't upset the supporters of any team.
Come on Dave! on 09:19 - Apr 6 with 1005 viewsjonno

Come on Dave! on 09:02 - Apr 6 by JohnMcCo

Must just add that when news broke about Ray's death I spent the next 3 or so hours in a room with BBC News 24 on and they rebadged the story continuously. Mentioning QPR at length, Chelsea, Man U, AC Milan, Rangers, all the clubs where he had significant spells. They even showed him in a Fulham tracksuit. Seems someone in the sports department had told 24 they mustn't upset the supporters of any team.

Although on Radio 4 yesterday morning their sports guy mentioned every Club Ray had played for except QPR.......
Come on Dave! on 09:36 - Apr 6 with 993 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Come on Dave! on 18:16 - Apr 5 by Dave_Mc

Hi all.

Like transfer gossip, I absolutely hate the Twitter stuff and had to be persuaded by my team to do it. The thing is, it does get hits. God knows why, but sadly it does.

But still, it also pisses off a lot of our regular readers and I think this thread is another reason to knock it on the head. We won't be doing it from now on.

Cheers.

As the others, delighted to hear that.

I look to WLS for real stories, and will continue to do so... and do a few repeat clicks.....and look at any interesting ads, just to keep the cryptocurrency and (more than!) decent reporting rolling.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024