Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TOMMY ROBINSON 07:42 - May 26 with 70588 viewsgetcarter

Not a fan but his arrest yesterday challenges freedom of speech.

This post has been edited by an administrator
TOMMY ROBINSON on 14:37 - May 31 with 2652 viewstrampie

White British are very hard working, protestant work ethic and all that, people from overseas in modern times came here after WW2 due to a labour shortage then in 79' Thatcher came along and our society changed for ever for the worse, she caused mass unemployment and destroyed communities in areas of heavy industry, we still have not recovered from those policies and probably now never will as Thatcher won the war and the right wing totally dominate British, European and Western society [and most of the World] with their dog eat dog, survival of the fittest policies.

Some people in those areas have grown up never seeing their grandparents [who might have been put on the dole by Thatchers policies] or parents ever work, although benefits over the years have been cut those people might have figured [in recent times] they are better off living off the state than working for a pittance [not sure if that is still the case now due to cut backs and austerity unless children are involved and then some say the state and tax payer get screwed], it was a situation created by the right wing.

I don't do racism [I think all peoples are equal] but recognise that different races have different traits and a trait of the British historically is one of being hard workers.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

TOMMY ROBINSON on 14:44 - May 31 with 2636 viewsLohengrin

TOMMY ROBINSON on 17:44 - May 30 by Ebo

Grabbing B*stard is that 9 night shifts on the bounce?

Ten after tonight, Eb! That’s it then I’m off for a few days, away up to Hay to try and get Mariella Frostrup to say something huskily to me.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

TOMMY ROBINSON on 14:47 - May 31 with 2627 viewsLohengrin

TOMMY ROBINSON on 20:24 - May 30 by exiledclaseboy

Beat me to it.

Fair play to Lisa though, she has the patience of a saint.

And if Lohengrin is looking for a totem to lead the popular uprising he’s predicting from his chats with the lads in the works canteen he need look no further than the nearest mirror. He is that totem. Ferris can be his number two.

That’s deuced kind of you, Sir Andrew, though I think I would be more accurately filed under ‘factotum.’

TOMMY ROBINSON on 14:49 - May 31 with 2621 viewstrampie

TOMMY ROBINSON on 14:44 - May 31 by Lohengrin

Ten after tonight, Eb! That’s it then I’m off for a few days, away up to Hay to try and get Mariella Frostrup to say something huskily to me.

Somebody has been very busy up in hay I see.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

TOMMY ROBINSON on 14:52 - May 31 with 2614 viewsLohengrin

TOMMY ROBINSON on 14:49 - May 31 by trampie

Somebody has been very busy up in hay I see.

Was she even advertised, Tramp? Late invite? I can’t recall seeing her name anywhere on the event listings.

TOMMY ROBINSON on 14:57 - May 31 with 2596 viewstrampie

They want to draw the crowds and that means turning to somebody that has become quite a regular favourite up there.

TOMMY ROBINSON on 15:00 - May 31 with 2584 viewsLohengrin

TOMMY ROBINSON on 14:57 - May 31 by trampie

They want to draw the crowds and that means turning to somebody that has become quite a regular favourite up there.

Crowds my arse! They staged that event in a pub.

TOMMY ROBINSON on 15:15 - May 31 with 2530 viewstrampie

TOMMY ROBINSON on 15:00 - May 31 by Lohengrin

Crowds my arse! They staged that event in a pub.

Wales After Brexit at the Baillie Gifford Stage venue [hosted by Leanne I believe]

Wales Women and Public Life at Good Energy Stage venue [featured Leanne, picture profile only of her in the advertising of that event that I saw]

Leanne at stage events or fringe events, it seems that people want to hear what she has to say.

Login to get fewer ads

TOMMY ROBINSON on 15:47 - May 31 with 2493 viewsLohengrin

TOMMY ROBINSON on 15:15 - May 31 by trampie

Wales After Brexit at the Baillie Gifford Stage venue [hosted by Leanne I believe]

Wales Women and Public Life at Good Energy Stage venue [featured Leanne, picture profile only of her in the advertising of that event that I saw]

Leanne at stage events or fringe events, it seems that people want to hear what she has to say.

You know one of the most important aspects of political campaigning is the consistency of the image projected, Tramp. It’s why parties employ managers and publicists. Plaid are woeful in that respect; she, personally, has the nous of a halibut! Baillie Gifford are an international finance house, if you didn’t know it. One of the main players in the later colonial period. To see her sat under their banner is hilarious!

I can just imagine her up in the Rhondda parroting away at her YCL meetings that the ”personal is political.” Her memory is shorter than Beth’s hemline on a night out down the bay!

I wish I’d have been there, I’d have had some questions for her...

TOMMY ROBINSON on 15:53 - May 31 with 2482 viewstrampie

TOMMY ROBINSON on 15:47 - May 31 by Lohengrin

You know one of the most important aspects of political campaigning is the consistency of the image projected, Tramp. It’s why parties employ managers and publicists. Plaid are woeful in that respect; she, personally, has the nous of a halibut! Baillie Gifford are an international finance house, if you didn’t know it. One of the main players in the later colonial period. To see her sat under their banner is hilarious!

I can just imagine her up in the Rhondda parroting away at her YCL meetings that the ”personal is political.” Her memory is shorter than Beth’s hemline on a night out down the bay!

I wish I’d have been there, I’d have had some questions for her...

You say ''one of the most important aspects of political campaigning is the consistency of the image projected'' and go onto say ''It’s why parties employ managers and publicists'', Leanne doesn't do spin mun, she is for real, the real deal.

TOMMY ROBINSON on 16:26 - May 31 with 2439 viewsLohengrin

TOMMY ROBINSON on 15:53 - May 31 by trampie

You say ''one of the most important aspects of political campaigning is the consistency of the image projected'' and go onto say ''It’s why parties employ managers and publicists'', Leanne doesn't do spin mun, she is for real, the real deal.

Of course Plaid has a PR department, of course it employs communications officers and aides, it’s just that they are not very thorough or adept at what they do. The only reason Leanne ‘gets away with’ the inconsistencies and faux pas is that she and Plaid are an irrelevance now and hardly any critical commentators of note take notice of what is said or done.

Still, it gives an old duffer like me something to tut over.

TOMMY ROBINSON on 16:45 - May 31 with 2421 viewsHighjack

Can’t we just agree that all women’s arses big or small should be appreciated equally?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

TOMMY ROBINSON on 16:46 - May 31 with 2419 viewsmoonie

Saints exist in name only
TOMMY ROBINSON on 16:47 - May 31 with 2417 viewsLohengrin

TOMMY ROBINSON on 16:45 - May 31 by Highjack

Can’t we just agree that all women’s arses big or small should be appreciated equally?

TOMMY ROBINSON on 16:48 - May 31 with 2413 viewstrampie

TOMMY ROBINSON on 16:26 - May 31 by Lohengrin

Of course Plaid has a PR department, of course it employs communications officers and aides, it’s just that they are not very thorough or adept at what they do. The only reason Leanne ‘gets away with’ the inconsistencies and faux pas is that she and Plaid are an irrelevance now and hardly any critical commentators of note take notice of what is said or done.

Still, it gives an old duffer like me something to tut over.

I would blame any perceived issues in that direction on the right wing press for their biased political coverage and the increasingly politically illiterate public.

TOMMY ROBINSON on 16:52 - May 31 with 2403 viewsmoonie

Behave .Loh.

Wish we could meet up one day.

Stella Poster

although that sounds rather Jewish and would upset our many Palestinian supporters
TOMMY ROBINSON on 16:52 - May 31 with 2401 viewsLohengrin

TOMMY ROBINSON on 16:48 - May 31 by trampie

I would blame any perceived issues in that direction on the right wing press for their biased political coverage and the increasingly politically illiterate public.

You would!

TOMMY ROBINSON on 16:54 - May 31 with 2397 viewsLohengrin

TOMMY ROBINSON on 16:52 - May 31 by moonie

Behave .Loh.

Stella Poster

although that sounds rather Jewish and would upset our many Palestinian supporters

I’d enjoy a pint. Next season with a bit of luck.

TOMMY ROBINSON on 16:55 - May 31 with 2392 viewsDarran

TOMMY ROBINSON on 16:54 - May 31 by Lohengrin

I’d enjoy a pint. Next season with a bit of luck.

Take plenty of money.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

TOMMY ROBINSON on 17:30 - May 31 with 2369 viewsmoonie

Wigan,Blackburn,Preston,Bolton ..sounds better already .

I ll bring a Thesaurus
TOMMY ROBINSON on 20:24 - May 31 with 2295 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Behave .Loh.

Stella Poster

You’d get on like a Palestinian house on fire

😉

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

TOMMY ROBINSON on 22:43 - May 31 with 2220 viewsDJack

Behave .Loh.

Stella Poster

I'm a Stella poster, a Peroni poster, a Kronenbourg poster...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

TOMMY ROBINSON on 22:44 - May 31 with 2220 viewsBadlands

TOMMY ROBINSON on 14:37 - May 31 by trampie

White British are very hard working, protestant work ethic and all that, people from overseas in modern times came here after WW2 due to a labour shortage then in 79' Thatcher came along and our society changed for ever for the worse, she caused mass unemployment and destroyed communities in areas of heavy industry, we still have not recovered from those policies and probably now never will as Thatcher won the war and the right wing totally dominate British, European and Western society [and most of the World] with their dog eat dog, survival of the fittest policies.

Some people in those areas have grown up never seeing their grandparents [who might have been put on the dole by Thatchers policies] or parents ever work, although benefits over the years have been cut those people might have figured [in recent times] they are better off living off the state than working for a pittance [not sure if that is still the case now due to cut backs and austerity unless children are involved and then some say the state and tax payer get screwed], it was a situation created by the right wing.

I don't do racism [I think all peoples are equal] but recognise that different races have different traits and a trait of the British historically is one of being hard workers.

Agreed with a lot of that except, 'the British historically is one of being hard workers.'
It depends where you draw the line on 'history'.
The fact is vast swathes of England rely on EU workers to do jobs locals won't do (the producers words not mine and that group is now looking for exemptions from a hard Brexit in order to keep the workforce coming and survive as businesses).
Workers from Commonwealth countries are keeping the NHS above water (please no rubbish about foreigners costing the service ridiculous amounts of money - it isn't true and never has been) and people from EU countries were just as important but are leaving in droves - staff shortages are rife again because local workers aren't keen.
In the great Victorian expansion navies from Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Western Europe (as well as poverty stricken England) did the graft.
Today as in the 60s & 70s (when the UK was on its knees economically) our productivity levels were well below that of our competitors.

Of G7 countries only Japan produces less per man hours and we lag in at 15th in work wide comparisons.

I would also question white British being Protestant - that may be their claim but church attendance and attitude towards others suggest white British have not been pious or even particularly Christian for decades.
[Post edited 31 May 2018 22:48]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

TOMMY ROBINSON (n/t) on 10:20 - Jun 1 with 2099 viewscwm02

[Post edited 1 Jun 2018 10:21]
TOMMY ROBINSON on 10:20 - Jun 1 with 2096 viewscwm02

TOMMY ROBINSON on 16:12 - May 26 by Badlands

The opinions he expressed could have been expressed in other situations and he would have been entitled to express them - but he chose to act as he has in breach of the law, knowing he was breaking the law and knowing it would get him publicity.

Freedom of speech only extends to being with the law.

If you believe freedom of speech is the freedom to say anything, anywhere and to anybody you are advocating a completely lawless society. It would mean pedophiles could groom children under the 'freedom of speech'; people could come up to you (me, your loved ones or anyone) in the street and hurl vicious abuse at them under 'freedom of speech'; women could be propositioned and verbally abused at work (in the street, on the doorstep) under 'freedom of speech'.

Our police and legal system has gone soft and should put thugs like Robinson and his religious counterpart in the dock.

"knowing he was breaking the law and knowing it would get him publicity"
He was arrested for breach the peace which states:
'Fighting or challenging someone to fight in a public place;
Using offensive words in a public place likely to incite violence;
Shouting in a public place intending to incite violence or unlawful activity;
Bullying a student on or near school grounds;
Knocking loudly on hotel doors of sleeping guests with the purpose of annoying them;
Holding an unlawful public assembly;
Shouting profanities out of a car window in front of a person's home over an extended period of time;
Allowing excessive dog barking in a residential area; and
Intentionally playing loud music during the night that continues, even after a fair warning.'
Certainty didn't do any of that, so what law was broken!
"Completely lawless society. It would mean pedophiles could groom children under the 'freedom of speech"
Yet Tommy Robinson was reporting on a case outside of the court (like any other case) about a Muslim man grooming a girl and was arrested so the fact that you think is OK to arrest him proves you nothing more than a hypocrite & your the one contributing towards a lawless society that is allowing pedophiles to groom children. Nobody says that is "freedom of speech" so stop generalizing
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024